5 Customer Service Associate Resume Examples for 2023
- Customer Service Associate (CSA) Resume
- CSA 2 Resume
- CSA 3 Resume
- CSA 4 Resume
- CSA 5 Resume
- CSA Resume Writing 101
Customer Service Best Practices is your middle name, and you’re agile at working with your teammates in sales to ensure customer satisfaction: You provide sound advice and maintain a hands-on support role by handling questions, complaints, and transactions.
But how do you sum up everything you do for an effective resume ? Customer inquiries, data entry, teamwork—it’s a lot.
But don’t worry because we’ll help you land your dream role with our five proven customer service associate resume templates and helpful hints!
Customer Service Associate Resume
or download as PDF
Customer Service Associate 2 Resume
Customer Service Associate 3 Resume
Customer Service Associate 4 Resume
Customer Service Associate 5 Resume
Related resume examples
- Customer service advisor
- Customer service technician
- Customer service specialist
- Customer service manager
- Customer service
What Matters Most: Your Skills List & Work Experience
Recruiters need a fast overview of what you can do. Your skills list is the perfect place to lay your problem-solving cards on the table, so make sure they showcase your most potent abilities.
Don’t write a laundry list of everything you’ve ever been good at. Brainstorm away on a resume outline , then look for your best selling points and pare your list down to only the most job-related items like customer acquisition and Zoho.
Your skills section must be highly relevant to your profession and demonstrate efficiency and organization. Show you know your stuff by listing specifics like negotiation, account management, and Zoom.
9 most popular customer service associate skills
- Account Management
Sample customer service associate work experience bullet points
Your experience section is where recruiters should easily be able to see the good stuff, like when you got a nearly-perfect employee rating!
How did you use your skills to resolve a customer conflict? What about that time you presented customer concerns to your coordinator, helping to boost satisfaction rates?
Make sure to back your achievements with quantifiable data and metrics that reinforce them, too! Pull percentages, positive ratings, and other data into your experience points.
Here are a few samples:
- Handled difficult and complex customer complaints, resolving issues within 4 minutes and earning a customer satisfaction score of 4.9 out of 5
- Grew existing customer accounts by 9% by exhibiting empathy and triaging incoming calls, reducing the average time-to-resolution to 4 minutes
- Implemented virtual Q&A sessions with 25+ clients per week, creating specialized website walkthroughs to save 14+ hours of direct customer interfacings
- Attained 97% customer satisfaction on voluntary surveys, increasing customer retention by 6%
- Confirmed flight and travel information, checking in over 411 customers daily at California’s second most-trafficked airport while following FAA policy regulations
Top 5 Tips for Your Customer Service Associate Resume
- Yes, it can be tricky to part with any achievements: But if you’re struggling to keep your bullet points slim, or your sections are spilling onto the next page, save a couple of customer success stories for your cover letter !
- Sometimes it gets tough to figure out how to shine above the competition, but you can do this by highlighting your specialty. You’re not just any customer service associate—spotlight how you build bridges between customers, teams, and managers!
- When you fill in your reverse-chronological resume, strive to include a variety of tasks that exhibit a trend of career growth. This resume format means recruiters can more easily see that you’re adaptable and ambitious when meeting KPIs, offering customer training, or implementing customer feedback.
- No matter how people-focused your skills and duties are, always back them with numbers. Show your efforts’ impact on previous employers, like increased retention rates and reduced labor hours, because it shows what you can do for your next company.
- If you mention a quantifiable improvement rate, provide the context for it to give a more accurate portrayal of your contributions. What kinds of customers did you assist? Which teams did you contribute to?
Frequently Asked Questions
- A page is all you need! If you’re struggling to keep everything within that limit, refer back to the customer service job description to see whether you should save that story of when you increased customer sign-ups for another time.
- Yes, but this is another area where the job listing has your back: Skim again and look for key terminology to include in your resume alongside the skills the company focuses on. Don’t emphasize sign-up rates as much if you’re applying for a job centered around in-person customer experiences.
- Base this choice around your strengths. If your work history is sparse, you might opt for a professional resume template focusing more on customer-facing skills and relevant education. After all, if you have empathy, software knowledge, and enthusiasm, your ambition will make you a great customer service associate!
• We’ll show you how, step-by-step • Real, practical tips and tools • 100% free
- Resume Examples
- Administrative Resumes
- Customer Service Resume Guide & Examples
Customer Service Associate Resume Examples: Proven To Get You Hired In 2024
Customer Service Associate Resume Template
Download in google doc, word or pdf for free. designed to pass resume screening software in 2022., customer service associate resume sample.
A customer service associate ensures that a customer’s experience is as smooth and enjoyable as possible. You will need to be friendly and helpful. Your tasks will include handling any customer queries or problems and providing solutions to any issues they may have. You will also be in charge of keeping a good record of customer interactions and relaying any customer issues to your superiors. Soft skills you must possess include excellent communication, excellent problem-solving skills, and an inviting and calm demeanor. Take a look at this successful customer service associate's resume.
We're just getting the template ready for you, just a second left.
Recruiter Insight: Why this resume works in 2022
Tips to help you write your customer service associate resume in 2024, list your capabilities in the skills section..
Make your capabilities as easy to recognize as possible by listing the customer service tasks you can do in your skills section as this applicant has done.
Include any customer-facing experience.
Customer-facing positions have a lot of overlap in terms of skills and tasks, so adding them to your resume will be useful. This applicant has included their cashier experience.
Customer Service Advisor Resume Sample
Customer support specialist resume sample, customer success associate resume sample, client service specialist resume sample, client success associate resume sample, skills for customer service associate resumes.
Here are examples of popular skills from Customer Service Associate job descriptions that you can include on your resume.
- Technical Support
- SME management
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Customer Experience
- Social Media
- Customer Support
Skills Word Cloud For Customer Service Associate Resumes
This word cloud highlights the important keywords that appear on Customer Service Associate job descriptions and resumes. The bigger the word, the more frequently it appears on job postings, and the more likely you should include it in your resume.
How to use these skills?
Similar resume templates, cloud developer.
- Back Office Resume Guide
- Warehouse Manager Resume Guide
- Service Desk Resume Guide
- Help Desk Resume Guide
- Fundraising Resume Guide
Resume Guide: Detailed Insights From Recruiters
- Customer Service Resume Guide & Examples for 2022
Improve your Customer Service Associate resume, instantly.
Use our free resume checker to get expert feedback on your resume. You will:
• Get a resume score compared to other Customer Service Associate resumes in your industry.
• Fix all your resume's mistakes.
• Find the Customer Service Associate skills your resume is missing.
• Get rid of hidden red flags the hiring managers and resume screeners look for.
It's instant, free and trusted by 1+ million job seekers globally. Get a better resume, guaranteed .
Customer Service Associate Resumes
- Template #1: Customer Service Associate
- Template #2: Customer Service Associate
- Template #3: Customer Service Advisor
- Template #4: Customer Support Specialist
- Template #5: Customer Success Associate
- Template #6: Client Service Specialist
- Template #7: Client Success Associate
- Skills for Customer Service Associate Resumes
- Free Customer Service Associate Resume Review
- Similar Customer Service Resume Templates
- Other Administrative Resumes
- Customer Service Associate Interview Guide
- Customer Service Associate Sample Cover Letters
- Customer Service - 2024 Resume Guide
- Alternative Careers to a Customer Support Representative
- All Resumes
- Resume Action Verbs
Download this PDF template.
Creating an account is free and takes five seconds. you'll get access to the pdf version of this resume template., choose an option..
- Have an account? Sign in
E-mail Please enter a valid email address This email address hasn't been signed up yet, or it has already been signed up with Facebook or Google login.
Password Show Your password needs to be between 6 and 50 characters long, and must contain at least 1 letter and 1 number. It looks like your password is incorrect.
Forgot your password?
Sign up to get access to Resume Worded's Career Coaching platform in less than 2 minutes
Name Please enter your name correctly
E-mail Remember to use a real email address that you have access to. You will need to confirm your email address before you get access to our features, so please enter it correctly. Please enter a valid email address, or another email address to sign up. We unfortunately can't accept that email domain right now. This email address has already been taken, or you've already signed up via Google or Facebook login. We currently are experiencing a very high server load so Email signup is currently disabled for the next 24 hours. Please sign up with Google or Facebook to continue! We apologize for the inconvenience!
Password Show Your password needs to be between 6 and 50 characters long, and must contain at least 1 letter and 1 number.
Receive resume templates, real resume samples, and updates monthly via email
Lost your password? Please enter the email address you used when you signed up. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
E-mail This email address either hasn't been signed up yet, or you signed up with Facebook or Google. This email address doesn't look valid.
Back to log-in
These professional templates are optimized to beat resume screeners (i.e. the Applicant Tracking System). You can download the templates in Word, Google Docs, or PDF. For free (limited time).
access samples from top resumes, get inspired by real bullet points that helped candidates get into top companies., get a resume score., find out how effective your resume really is. you'll get access to our confidential resume review tool which will tell you how recruiters see your resume..
Writing an effective resume has never been easier .
Upgrade to resume worded pro to unlock your full resume review., get this resume template (+ 23 others), plus proven bullet points., for a small one-time fee, you'll get everything you need to write a winning resume in your industry., here's what you'll get:.
- 📄 Get the editable resume template in Google Docs + Word . Plus, you'll also get all 23 other templates .
- ✍️ Get sample bullet points that worked for others in your industry . Copy proven lines and tailor them to your resume.
- 🎯 Optimized to pass all resume screeners (i.e. ATS) . All templates have been professionally designed by recruiters and 100% readable by ATS.
Buy now. Instant delivery via email.
instant access. one-time only., what's your email address.
I had a clear uptick in responses after using your template. I got many compliments on it from senior hiring staff, and my resume scored way higher when I ran it through ATS resume scanners because it was more readable. Thank you!
- Jobs Near Me
- Remote Jobs
- Full Time Jobs
- Part Time Jobs
- Entry Level Jobs
- Work From Home Jobs
Find Specific Jobs
- $15 Per Hour Jobs
- $20 Per Hour Jobs
- Hiring Immediately Jobs
- High School Jobs
- H1b Visa Jobs
- Business And Financial
- Architecture And Engineering
- Computer And Mathematical
- What They Do
- Best Companies
- Health Care
- Fortune 500
- CEO And Executies
- Resume Builder
- Career Advice
- Explore Majors
- Questions And Answers
- Interview Questions
Customer Service Associate resume examples for 2024
- Career Path
- Job Description
- How To Hire
- Best States
- Best Cities
- Job Outlook
- Cover Letter
Customer service associate resume research summary. We analyzed 49,586 customer service associate resumes to determine which ones land the most jobs. Below you'll find example customer service associate resumes that can help you get an interview (and a job offer) from companies like Lowe's Companies and Walmart. Here are the key facts about customer service associate resumes to help you get the job:
- The average customer service associate resume is 264 words long
- The average customer service associate resume is 0.6 pages long based on 450 words per page.
- Patients is the most common skill found on resume samples for customer service associates. It appears on 40.9% of customer service associate resumes.
After learning about how to write a professional resume for a customer service associate, make sure your resume checks all the boxes with our AI resume builder .
Customer Service Associate resume example
How to format your customer service associate resume:.
- The job title on your resume should match your application for the role.
- Ensure your work experience focuses on achievements, rather than responsibilities.
- Recruiters and hiring managers suggest fitting your resume on one page.
Choose from 10+ customizable customer service associate resume templates
Choose from a variety of easy-to-use customer service associate resume templates and get expert advice from Zippia’s AI resume writer along the way. Using pre-approved templates, you can rest assured that the structure and format of your customer service associate resume is top notch. Choose a template with the colors, fonts & text sizes that are appropriate for your industry.
Entry level customer service associate resume example
How to make a job-winning resume for customer service associates:.
- Make sure to include hard and soft skills for a customer service associate resume. The most common customer service associate resume skills are: patients, sales floor, plumbing.
- If you're applying for an entry-level customer service associate position and you have no work experience, you can include relevant education, coursework, or valuable customer service associate certifications.
Professional customer service associate resume example
Resume tips to land the job:.
- If you're choosing between a resume objective or work experience and you want to fit your resume on one page, always choose work experience. However, it's ok for senior level customer service associate resumes to be two full pages long.
- Recruiters and hiring managers suggest short, succinct bullet points, instead of long, wordy paragraphs. Make it easy for recruiters to understand your key accomplishments, in 30 seconds.
- As a rule of thumb, lead each bullet point with a verb such "Grew", "Increased", or "Developed".
Customer Service Associate resume format and sections
1. add contact information to your customer service associate resume.
Your name should be the biggest text on the page and be at or near the top of the document.
Your address doesn't need to include your street name or house number - listing your city and state works just fine.
Your email address should be professional, but not your current work email address. It's not a good look to use your work email for personal projects (job-searching).
Your social media can be included if you have a fully-fledged LinkedIn page or another social media page that showcases your relevant skill set .
Customer Service Associate Resume Contact Information Example # 1
Montgomery, AL 36043| 333-111-2222 | [email protected]
2. Add relevant education to your customer service associate resume
- The name of your school
- The date you graduated ( Month, Year or Year are both appropriate)
- The name of your degree
- Academic awards (Dean's List, Latin honors, etc. )
- GPA (if you're a recent graduate and your GPA was 3.5+)
- Extra certifications
- Academic projects (thesis, dissertation, etc.)
- If you're a recent graduate, you might opt to place your education section above your experience section
- The more work experience you get, the shorter your education section should be
- List your education in reverse chronological order, with your most recent and high-ranking degrees first
- If you haven't graduated yet, you can include "Expected graduation date" to the entry for that school
Customer Service Associate Resume Relevant Education Example # 1
High School Diploma 2017 - 2019
Customer Service Associate Resume Relevant Education Example # 2
Doctoral Degree In General Studies 2015 - 2018
Indiana University South Bend South Bend, IN
3. Next, create a customer service associate skills section on your resume
- Include 6-12 skills, in bullet point form
- List mostly hard skills ; soft skills are hard to test
- Emphasize the skills that are most important for the job
Soft skills are also valuable, as they're highly transferable and make you a great person to work alongside, but they're impossible to prove on a resume.
Example of skills to include on an customer service associate resume
Sales Floor Skills
The sales floor is the area in a company or a business that is specified for retail activities or is designated as the selling area of the shop. A car showroom can be considered a sales floor, as it has cars in its display which are to be sold. A sales floor is generally crowded with sales assistants who are there to help you out while you can search and check out the products. Generally a sales floor has free access to the public and they can observe, view and get information about the product that is being sold.
Community Supported Agriculture - CSA is a direct marketing partnership between a farmer(s) and a dedicated community support/consumer network who help provide a portion of a particular farm's operating budget by purchasing shares of the harvest of the pre-growing season. CSAs provide consumers with a valuable opportunity to obtain fresh, local produce from farmers who love to grow food for people in their communities and create a symbiotic relationship between customer and producer.
Customer Care Skills
Customer care, also known as customer service, is a one-to-one interaction between the consumer of a company and its representative.
Service Desk Skills
The point of contact between a services provider or enterprise and the end-user is referred to as the services desk. A service desk enables businesses to effectively implement daily internal and external tasks. It also helps enterprises in communicating with their customers and tending to their requests effectively.
POS is an abbreviation of "Point of Sale" which is the time and place where a customer completes a transaction. It can either be a physical shop that consists of POS terminals or a virtual shop. A POS system helps simplify the retail functions and track important sales data.
Top Skills for a Customer Service Associate
- Patients , 40.9%
- Sales Floor , 11.6%
- Plumbing , 10.2%
- Quality Customer Service , 6.5%
- Other Skills , 30.8%
4. List your customer service associate experience
The most important part of any resume for a customer service associate is the experience section. Recruiters and hiring managers expect to see your experience listed in reverse chronological order, meaning that you should begin with your most recent experience and then work backwards.
Don't just list your job duties below each job entry. Instead, make sure most of your bullet points discuss impressive achievements from your past positions. Whenever you can, use numbers to contextualize your accomplishments for the hiring manager reading your resume.
It's okay if you can't include exact percentages or dollar figures. There's a big difference even between saying "Managed a team of customer service associates" and "Managed a team of 6 customer service associates over a 9-month project. "
Most importantly, make sure that the experience you include is relevant to the job you're applying for. Use the job description to ensure that each bullet point on your resume is appropriate and helpful.
- Qualified and experienced CPR administrator.
- Certified Nurse's Aide (CNA) includes bathing and washing patients as well as helping them to shower if needed.
- Certified electrocardiogram ECG Blood Draws, Iv Fusions, Respiratory Treatments, glucose readings, blood pressure treatments.
- Exhibited compassionate care and communication with regard to issues of death and dying Sensitive to the needs of geriatric patients.
- Worked in Alzheimer's unit and became certified to work with Alzheimer's patients.
- Greeted customers entering the establishment Operated a POS system to complete customer purchases.
- Executed cash transactions quickly and accurately using company's backward change counting system kept accurate records of credit and cash deposit amounts
- Familiarized with various tools and tasks integral to the position.
- Recognized and rewarded outstanding work performance to cultivate a positive and collaborative customer service culture in a face-paced work environment.
- Trained new and existing clerks on efficient practices and guidelines.
- Handled all jobs pertinent to this position.
- Maintained verbal and written communication with vendors, merchants, U.S. Customs and Brokerage firms .
- Acknowledged detail and organization for my position.
- Required to maintain current knowledge of promotions, policies and procedures to drive awareness and increase profits for the store.
- Identified for specialty management position and asked to attend weekly district meetings.
- Represented Wawa by exemplifying Wawa Core Values incorporating proper communication with management regarding customer satisfaction
- Worked as a team to have the store in the best shape with the quickest and friendliest service possible.
- Communicated clearly and positively with co-workers and the management team.
- Assisted in all operations of store management including billing, inventory control and ordering, preparing bank deposits, and training.
- Operated the POS systems and maintained proper cash level at register and safe.
5. Highlight customer service associate certifications on your resume
Specific customer service associate certifications can be a powerful tool to show employers you've developed the appropriate skills.
If you have any of these certifications, make sure to put them on your customer service associate resume:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Certified Medical Office Manager (CMOM)
- Automotive Sales Professional
- International Accredited Business Accountant (IABA)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP)
- Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS)
- Professional Credit Associate (PCA)
- Certified Network Computer Technician (CNCT)
- Managed Healthcare Professional (MHP)
6. Finally, add an customer service associate resume summary or objective statement
A resume summary statement consists of 1-3 sentences at the top of your customer service associate resume that quickly summarizes who you are and what you have to offer. The summary statement should include your job title, years of experience (if it's 3+), and an impressive accomplishment, if you have space for it.
Remember to emphasize skills and experiences that feature in the job description.
And If You’re Looking for a Job, Here Are the Five Top Employers Hiring Now:
- CVS Health Jobs (917)
- Amazon Jobs (1,597)
- Pitney Bowes Jobs (832)
- Target Jobs (946)
- Best Buy Jobs (1,056)
Common customer service associate resume skills
- Sales Floor
- Quality Customer Service
- Strong Customer Service
- Customer Inquiries
- Customer Care
- Service Desk
- Food Preparation
- Stock Shelves
- Customer Service
- Store Merchandise
- Product Knowledge
- Customer Complaints
- Customer Calls
- Inbound Calls
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Transactions
- Store Inventory
- Customer Orders
- Outbound Calls
- Customer Problems
- Store Signage
- Customer Issues
- Pleasant Shopping
- Loss Prevention
- Telephone Calls
- Sales Transactions
- Computer System
- Customer Accounts
- Customer Support
- Credit Card Payments
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Inventory Control
- Cash Drawers
- Customer Interaction
- Materials Handling
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Financial Transactions
- Branch Management
Entry level customer service associate resume templates
Professional customer service associate resume templates
Customer Service Associate Jobs
Links to help optimize your customer service associate resume.
- How To Write A Resume
- List Of Skills For Your Resume
- How To Write A Resume Summary Statement
- Action Words For Your Resume
- How To List References On Your Resume
Customer Service Associate Related Resumes
- Associate Customer Service Representative Resume
- Customer Associate Resume
- Customer Care Associate Resume
- Customer Sales Associate Resume
- Customer Service Advisor Resume
- Customer Service Advocate Resume
- Customer Service Agent Resume
- Customer Service Associate/Cashier Resume
- Customer Service Attendant Resume
- Customer Service Clerk Resume
- Customer Service Desk Resume
- Customer Service Retail Associate Resume
- Customer Service Specialist Resume
- Sales Associate And Customer Service Resume
- Service Associate Resume
Customer Service Associate Related Careers
- Associate Customer Service Representative
- Customer Associate
- Customer Care Associate
- Customer Sales Associate
- Customer Service Advisor
- Customer Service Advocate
- Customer Service Agent
- Customer Service Associate/Cashier
- Customer Service Attendant
- Customer Service Clerk
- Customer Service Desk
- Customer Service Expert
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Service Retail Associate
- Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Associate Related Jobs
Customer service associate jobs by location.
- Customer Service Associate Abilene
- Customer Service Associate Anaheim
- Customer Service Associate Clay
- Customer Service Associate Fresno
- Customer Service Associate Maple Shade
- Customer Service Associate Miramar
- Customer Service Associate Napa
- Customer Service Associate Orlando
- Customer Service Associate Pjaros
- Customer Service Associate Plumstead
- Customer Service Associate Portland
- Customer Service Associate Saint Petersburg
- Customer Service Associate Somers
- Customer Service Associate Twin Falls
- Customer Service Associate Yukon
- Zippia Careers
- Office and Administrative Industry
- Customer Service Associate
- Customer Service Associate Resume