The Literature program under the De La Salle University serves as an answer to the university's felt need of enriching it's curricula with studies in the humanities. It is in the university's understanding that the creation of a whole Christian person necessitates a firm foundation in major aspects of literary scholarship – literary studies, creative writing, and cultural studies
With this program, the DLSU aims to establish themselves as the center for literary studies and creative writing with a sense of social responsiblity.
-->» Read the description by
Last updated: November 2018
|MA in Languange and Literature || |
The Master of Arts in Language and Literature courses are geared toward the pedagogical application of theoretical principles derived from the fields of linguistics, psychology, sociolinguistics, literary criticism, and other allied disciplines in order to equip teachers with the proper perspective and relevant instructional methodologies that they will need in the day-to-day classroom encounter with their students. These courses provide training in the teaching of listening, speaking, reading, and writing in English and are designed to meet the contemporary needs of their students. The curriculum is designed specially for teachers at the tertiary level.
|Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing || |
The Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program is designed to help students who are seriously committed to their writing to hone their craft further and become productive creative writers, through a grounding in the theoretical and practical aspects of writing, including the prospects and possibilities of publication and performance, and an intensive examination and evaluation of the students’ own works under the guidance of experienced writers.
Instruction will be mostly by workshop, including weekend workshops off-campus. These workshops will give the students the opportunity to discuss and produce original writing in the company of experienced professionals.
|Doctor of Arts in Language and Literature || |
|Literature || |
The Doctor of Arts program aims to train language and literature teachers to be more effective teachers, scholars, and administrators; to provide students with training in theories and methods of research, language teaching, and literary criticism; to furnish them supervised teaching and administrative internships that will give them information about their actual administrative performance; and to enable them to complete research projects that will make substantial contributions to the fields of language and literature studies. The typical graduate of this program is an expert in language and literature studies, an excellent all-around teacher, and a leader in language and literature educational management.
|Doctor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing || |
The DFA Program in Creative Writing allows established creative writers working within the academic community a chance to earn an advanced academic degree. All the subjects in the program are taken on an individual basis under a mentor, except for the comprehensive and the dissertation, which are graded by the panels.
The program aims to allow established writers a chance to hone their writing skills through a combination of extensive reading assignments, controlled writing exercises and individualized mentoring, to experiment with both traditional and contemporary styles and forms, to receive feedback on their writing strategies, methods and techniques, and to complete a major writing project that will be the cutting edge of creative writing in the world.
The student must have earned Master of Fine Arts degree, major in Creative Writing (MFA Creative Writing), or it's equivalent, If the student does not have an MFA, s/he must have at least a bachelor’s degree plus one of the following:
(1) a first prize from the Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards in Literature,
(2) a prize in the Centennial Literary Contest,
(3) a book in the genre applied for, published by a University Press.
|PhD in Literature || |
- Top 8 Investment Banking Training Institutes in Hyderabad
- Top 5 Institutions for Investment Banking Courses
- Top 14 Digital Marketing Courses in Buenos Aires
- Top 5 Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur
- List Of Best Business Analytics Courses In The UK
Online Courses & Certification Trainings
Top 6 Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines
No one is born with the ability to tell stories, but everyone has one to share. the capacity to communicate through storytelling, poetry and other forms is a skill that may be acquired, refined, and elevated to the level of an art. the majority of us actually have some creativity, albeit it is frequently muted or overlooked because of external factors or other pressing needs. the creative writing courses in the philippines, being offered by various institutions, provide a window through which we can let our thoughts and emotions out..
Each of us has gone through a range of feelings and has encountered our own set of difficulties. Through lovely expressions and words, creative writing expresses these feelings and emotions. But creative writing is more than just using words and jargon, it is the ability to come up with characters and plots, and be able to place both against a realistic backdrop. Writing using captivating language and judicious use of numerous literary tropes are skills that only experienced creative writers possess.
What is Creative Writing?
Any writing that goes beyond the traditional norms of professional, journalistic, academic, or technical forms of literature is considered creative writing. This writing is typically characterized by an emphasis on narrative craft, character development, the use of literary tropes, or different poetic traditions.
Benefits of Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines
· Building confidence
Writing creatively is a technique that will enable you to fully develop your unique voice and perspective without artificial constraints. You have more freedom to research and voice your opinions on subjects, points of view, philosophies, people, etc. Additionally, doing so will give you more confidence and ease when expressing your viewpoints in other writings.
· Clarification of Thoughts
You may express your thoughts and emotions more clearly through creative writing. You’ll be able to see things clearly in the workplace and throughout the rest of your life, enabling you to solve challenges in the future.
· Meeting with Like-Minded people
When one meets other writers, one can pick up different methods and approaches. Meeting like-minded individuals also facilitates the exchange of fresh viewpoints and thoughts on the same subject. While some dissertation writing services allow students to readily express their ideas on paper, others find it difficult or unpleasant to write these essays due to laziness or a lack of writing ability.
· Improvement in Vocabulary
Writing promotes vocabulary and gives insight into reading and writing processes. Additionally, you will have a thorough understanding of grammar and how to use it in your compositions. Therefore, after being aware of the methods used by an essay writing service, a person will likewise be able to bend and break the laws.
· Boosting the Imagination
By thinking beyond the box while writing, a person can engage and enhance their creativity. Becoming more adept at identifying alternatives and solutions to challenges, also aids in igniting his imagination.
Eligibility Criteria for Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines
It’s a common misconception that you don’t need a degree in creative writing to be a writer, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. For those who are passionate about writing, a creative writing degree is a blessing—not because of the worth of the degree once you’ve earned it, but rather because of the lessons you acquire while doing the course.
A creative writing degree allows you three years to concentrate on your writing, refine your style, and explore the intricacies of this craft. It entails being exposed to a world of excellent reading, which will influence both your artistic vision and your complete worldview.
A creative writing degree is therefore worthwhile if you are serious about improving the caliber of your work. The courses, whether taken at the bachelor’s or master’s level, are meant to give students the necessary skills in their chosen specialty to prepare them for the industry’s high demand and rapid growth.
Higher secondary education, or 10+2, with humanities or the arts as the primary discipline, is required to enroll in a bachelor’s program in Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines. You must possess a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline to meet the normal requirements to enroll in master’s level courses at universities overseas. Your advantage will increase if you have a fine arts bachelor’s degree.
How to Improve Your Writing Skills
Many people find writing to be scary, especially those who don’t write often or for a living. The good news is that writing doesn’t have to be painful, and almost anyone can develop their writing skills with a little discipline and openness to learning. Here are four ways you may immediately start honing your writing abilities.
- Writing: Just like anything else, writing requires practice if you want to improve. Regular writing will help you build a distinct style and lessen your dread of the blank page if you want to improve your writing abilities. Therefore, keep writing even if no one reads it. A man becomes flawless through practice.
- Reading: The best writers are avid readers and reading regularly is a simple approach to start improving your writing abilities. Read more difficult material than you usually do, and pay close attention to the sentence structure, word choice, and overall flow of the writing.
- Research: Aside from copying someone else’s work, not doing your homework will quickly damage your credibility. Therefore, be sure to conduct enough study on your subject.
- Journaling: Keeping a journal is a good approach to increasing your sensitivity to your surroundings. Making it a daily habit to write about anything will help you improve your writing. It encourages gathering ideas and introspection, two skills that are essential for creative authors. Additionally, it will boost your self-assurance.
Job Opportunities After Doing Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines.
If you have a passion for creative writing, you’d probably want to pursue a career that would allow you to spend most of your time doing what you love, if not the entire day. There is a potential for an opportunity with every difficulty. For creative authors, there are several employment options available. Innovative writers can currently hold a variety of titles, including:
- Book writer (Author) – By telling a tale or exploring a subject of interest, one can become an author. Depending on the type of tale you want to tell for a specific audience, it could fall under the fiction or non-fiction category.
- Copywriters – Mainly in the field of marketing/advertising field. The job of a copywriter is to create content highlighting the feature of a particular product/ service in a compelling manner for the customer. These people are accountable for writing brochures, publicity letters, product catalogs, circulars,s, etc.
- Article writers – Article writers can write on the subjects of Fashion, food, travel, health, trade, entertainment, sports, education, politics, etc. are just a few of the topics. You can also choose to write for different newspapers, magazines, websites, etc. Publishing a book demands a lot of marketing efforts after you are done writing the book. You have the option of collaborating with a reputable publishing house or self-publishing the book.
- Scriptwriters – The content and tales for movies, plays, television shows, etc. are written by scriptwriters. They do extensive research and work hard to develop a narrative and a storyline for a certain theme or issue. Writing real, original, and well-crafted dialogue can be difficult for screenwriters.
Besides these options, a person can begin their own freelance creative writing portfolios or can choose to write for a newspaper or a digital media outlet. The quality of your work and the professionalism you bring to the table will play a major role in determining your level of success in this field.
Check here the other best courses in the Philippines:
- Content Writing Courses in the Philippines
- Digital Marketing Courses in the Philippines
- Technical Writing Courses in the Philippines
Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines
1. iim skills.
IIM SKILLS is a reputable and expert training company for aspiring writers. Their Content Writing Course includes a module on creative writing, including 16 hours of lectures, 60 hours of practical assignments, and free tools worth INR 30,000/. IIM SKILLS also provides coaching on writing and then publishing your first book on Kindle.
The course is a four-week program along with three months of internship.
The course is priced at 9,893.21 Philippine pesos.
IIM SKILLS students who have graduated from the institute and are leading meaningful lives give great praise to the program. If are looking for assistance to turn your writing into creativity that will create a whole new imaginative world for the reader, then IIM SKILLS should be on your wish list
Phone: +91 9580 740 740
Email: [email protected]
2. De La Salle University
On the list of Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines, next, we have De La Salle University in Manila. A Master’s in creative writing is offered by the university. Instructions will be mostly by workshops, including weekend workshops off-campus. The students will have the chance to write their own creative works while participating in these workshops alongside skilled professionals.
- The Master of Fine Arts in creative writing program at De La Salle University is aimed to assist students who are passionate about writing in enhancing their abilities and becoming successful writers.
- The students are exposed to the theoretical and practical aspects of writing, including the prospects and possibilities of publication and performance.
- Assessment of the learners’ own work under the mentorship of established writers through intensive examination.
Duration: Full-time: 12 Months
Delivered: On Campus
Tuition Fee: 2,484 Eur/year (3,930 Philippine Pesos)
- Fiction Writing Techniques
- Fiction Writing
- Poetry Writing Techniques
- Poetry Writing
- Playwriting Techniques
- The Art of Literary Journalism
- Creative Non-fiction
3. University of Philippines, Diliman
Next, on the list of Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines, we have the University of Philippines, Diliman. The University’s Department of English and Comparative Literature offers Graduate and Postgraduate programs in Creative Writing in various approaches and techniques in the writing of fiction, poetry, essay, and drama. Young writers’ skills are being honed in these courses by published and multi-award-winning authors who are experts in their field.
- BA Creative Writing
- MA Creative Writing
- Ph.D. Creative Writing
Course Offerings (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Introduction to Creative Writing: The workshop approach and the notion of genre in creative writing.
- Creative Writing and Criticism: creative writing-specific criticism theory and practice.
- Fiction I: The craft of fiction, specifically that of the contemporary short story, including an analysis of how its techniques have evolved.
- Fiction II: The emphasis of the student’s fiction writing is on his or her critical and creative range, which is demonstrated in their capacity to depict more complex themes and fictional forms, such as the short novel.
- Poetry I: The craft of poetry, especially modern poetry, as well as an analysis of how its techniques have developed.
- Poetry II: poetry writing with a focus on the student’s critical and creative abilities.
- Playwriting I: The techniques of writing for the stage; the one-act play and various dramatic genres.
- Playwriting II: The three-act play and other long-form dramatic genres.
- Essay: Development of advanced writing skills in several types of formal and informal essays.
- Criticism Workshop: Critical writing workshop covers both evaluations of the performing and visual arts.
- Fiction Workshop I: techniques for using fiction writing approaches, such as the short story, novelette, tale, and non-traditional forms.
- Poetry Workshop I: poetry writing techniques, such as non-conventional forms, oral poetry, and classic lyric and narrative genres.
- Playwriting Workshop I: techniques for using playwriting principles, such as writing for film, television, and radio.
- Playwriting Workshop II: Workshop on playwriting.
- Playwriting Workshop III: Workshop on playwriting.
- Essay Workshop: Essay writing workshops for formal and informal writing.
- Writing for Children Workshop: writing class for young readers.
- Non-fiction Narrative Workshop: Workshop on the nonfiction story.
- Special Problems: Special concerns with translation, creative writing, the arts, etc.
- Creative Writing Thesis: works of creativity or important literary translations.
- Fiction Workshop I: Workshop on the writing of short stories, novels, and special problems in the theory and practice of fiction.
- Poetry Workshop I: Workshop on the writing of lyric poetry, and narrative poetry.
- Doctoral Dissertation.
Duration for Graduation: 4 years
Duration for Masters: 2 years
Tuition Fees for B.A program : P20,000-25,000 per Semester
Tuition Fees for the M.A program: P2,700-7,200 per Semester
For foreign students, Tuition Fee is usually higher.
- Creative Writing Courses in the UK
- Creative Writing Courses in Singapore
- Creative Writing Courses in Amsterdam
- Creative Writing Courses in Scotland
- Creative Writing Courses in Vancouver
- Creative Writing Courses in Wales
4. Ateneo de Manila University
Next, among the list of Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines is Ateneo de Manila University which offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts Major in creative writing.
The program aims to produce writers who are skilled in the craft of their chosen genre specialty (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, or drama) while remaining conscious of literature’s place and influence in one’s life and society by combining these methods with the academic study of literary and critical texts, the creative process, and the pertinent contexts that influence literary production.
Peer-to-peer instruction in workshops and apprenticeships with more seasoned writers are both institutionalized.
Areas of Interest
- Creative Writing and Literature
- Genres of Writing
- Philippine Literature
- Theories of Writing
- The Novel and Other Book-length Works
Graduates of the BFA in Creative Writing are qualified to work as journalists, screenwriters, producers, and in the media and entertainment industries as well as in academia as language and literature instructors.
In addition to being practitioners of literature, these graduates are also qualified to work in the creative industries, public relations, advertising, and publishing as copywriters and content developers. Graduates are eligible to continue on to law school.
Duration: Four years
80,000 – 90,000 Pesos per Semester
1,60,000- 1,80, 000 Pesos per year
5. Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, Philippines
Next, on the list of Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines is the Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, Philippines. Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing is offered by the Faculty of Arts and Letters- Department of Literature. It is a 4-year program that nurtures and guides student writers with emphasis on four major genres:
Students will receive instruction in specialized styles of writing, such as crafting tales for kids, teens, or even people of all ages. The planned goal of program learning for BA Creative Writing majors is the production of a creative writing thesis in the form of a book-length manuscript of a collection of plays, short tales, CNF works, or poetry.
The Creative writing classes consist of both lecture sessions in which literary models will be analyzed, highlighting the effectiveness of their literary techniques and rhetorical strategies, and
- Workshop sessions, where the lecturer and the peers will critique the students’ creative writing draughts.
- The program also features a significant literary component that will introduce students to literary topics like Philippine literary history.
Duration: 4 years
Tuition Fee: 46,046 Pesos per Semester
- Academic and Commercial Publishing Houses
- Business Companies/International Agencies
6. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin’s Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines empower writers to put their imagination in words using mesmerizing vocabulary. This practical creative writing course has been developed to motivate you about formulating your own endeavors of
- Creative non-fiction
- Poetry, and
- 24 Hrs training (8 Hrs writing assignments and +16 Hrs of live sessions)
- Three months paid internship.
- Free access to creative writing tools worth INR20K.
- Regular boot camps spread out throughout the ensuing year.
- Get certification of certified creative writing course from Henry Harwin, Govt Of India Recognized and award-winning institute.
- 100% placement guarantee support for 1- year, post successful completion.
- Get 1-year Gold Membership of Henry Harwin writing academy to the certified creative writing course.
Who can enroll?
- Content Writers
- Digital Marketers
- Professors/ teachers/thinkers
- Housewives/ retired/unemployed individuals.
- Learning period: 24 Hrs
- Total program fee: INR 12,500/-
FAQs on Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines
1. how much is the tuition fee for creative writing courses in the philippines.
The tuition fees for creative writing courses in the Philippines totally depend on the institute and the type of training they provide. The course curriculum and content covered and the duration are also the counting factors that affect the fees. You can visit the institute’s website to know about the exact fees.
2. What are the fundamental requirements to become a creative writer?
The prerequisite for being a creative writer is the desire to write and the drive to communicate with words. It is desirable to have critical reading and thinking skills to pursue this career. One should also have an interest in current events and a general thirst for knowledge.
3. How much does a creative writer earn in India?
The average salary for a creative writer is INR 3,60,000/- per annum.
Creative writing can be a lucrative and rewarding career path for those who want to pursue their creativity. Also, creative writing can be an extremely flexible career path. If you want to work as a freelance writer and are interested in exploring, you may choose your own hours, work from home, and select the subjects you want to write about. To enhance your creative writing skills, all you need is persistence and confidence. If you have the required expertise and viewpoint, following your creative instincts and writing can lead to a rewarding life.
- ← Top 10 Data Analytics Companies in India
- 10 Best Business Analytics Courses in Dublin →
You May Also Like
Upgrad or digital vidya which one is better for a digital marketing course, iim skills content writing master course review, top 10 digital marketing courses in netherlands with placements, leave a reply cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing
- Senior High School
- Institutional Development
- Internet Radio
Silliman University Job Fair 2023
Book Launch Event for “Bitcoin” by Florin T. Hilbay
CPD Accredited Workshop for Teacher Education Institutions
- Friends of Silliman
- Facilities Development
- Faculty Development
- Faith Strengthening
- Code of Christian Collegiality
- Vision, Mission & Goals
- Board of Trustees
- President’s Corner
- Virtual Tour
- Linkages & Partnerships
- University Manual
- Republic Act 11313 (Safe Spaces Act)
- University Policy on Gender-Based Sexual Harassment
- My Environment
- Admission Procedures and Requirements
- Enrollment Flow for First Year Applicants
- Enrollment Flow for Continuing Students
- Estimated Tuition & Fees
- Dormitory & Board Rates
- Payment Options
- Schedule of Fees
- School Calendar
- Scholarships and Aid
- International Students
- Quick Guide
- Requisition of Documents, University Clearance, Apply for Graduation
- Undergraduate & Graduate Programs
- Culture & Arts Council
- Research & Development Center
- Academic Units
- Centers & Institutes
- Accredited Programs
- Faculty Listing
- Museums & Gallery
- Certificate Programs
- National Writers Workshop
- mySOUL Information Hub
- Dr. Mariano C. Lao Global Studies Center
- Silliman Alumni Professional Engagement Program
- Service-Learning Asia Network (SLAN)
- University Library System
- Scholarships for Faculty and Staff
- Student Affairs
- Campus Housing
- Food Services
- Student Organizations
- Campus Chaplaincy
- Guidance Counseling
- Student Online Services
- Careers at Silliman
- Student Manual
- Administrators Page
- Leadership Reflections
- Alumni Updates
- Invitations to Bid
- Photo Gallery
- Strategic Partnerships e-News
- University Christian Life Emphasis Month Calendar
- COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
- 121st Founders Day
- Outstanding Sillimanian Awardees
- No to 174 Reclamation
- Avail of FREE Microsoft Office
- S4SES 1st International Conference on Education
- Emergency Hotline Numbers
Description. Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing is a four-year program that is designed to nurture and guide aspiring student writers in the four major genres: poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and drama. It will also teach them to write in the special forms of creative writing, like writing for children and young adults, scriptwriting ...
Creative Writing offers training in various approaches and techniques in the writing of fiction, poetry, essay, and drama. These courses are taught by multi-awarded and published writers expert at honing the skills of young writers. Course Checklists. BA Creative Writing (2018 NEW) MA Creative Writing (2006) PhD Creative Writing (2006)
A list of universities and colleges offering Bachelor's courses in Literature and Writing in the Philippines. Whenever possible we provide full details about the courses in each of the schools, including tuition fees, admission requirements, course description and the admission phone number.
The BA English program trains students to become critical and creative thinkers who are skilled not just in the production of creative works but also in the practice of the English language in the global setting.
With this program, the DLSU aims to establish themselves as the center for literary studies and creative writing with a sense of social responsiblity. » Read the AB in Literature description by FindUniversity.ph. Admission requirements: Tuition Fees: P 68,000-75,000 per trimester. P 205,000-225,000 per year.
Higher secondary education, or 10+2, with humanities or the arts as the primary discipline, is required to enroll in a bachelor’s program in Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines. You must possess a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline to meet the normal requirements to enroll in master’s level courses at universities overseas.
Admission Procedures and Requirements. Enrollment Flow for First Year Applicants. Enrollment Flow for Continuing Students. Costs. Estimated Tuition & Fees. Dormitory & Board Rates. Payment Options. Schedule of Fees. Registrar.