Activate your 30 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
a presentation on educational websites
You are reading a preview.
Activate your 30 day free trial to continue reading.
Check these out next
Download to read offline
More Related Content
Slideshows for you (19).
Viewers also liked (9)
Similar to a presentation on educational websites (20)
Recently uploaded (20)
- 1. A PRESENTATION ON EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES Gyanendra Rawat Research Scholar Faculty Of Education C.S.J.M.University Kanpur 7/23/2015 1 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 2. INTRODUCTION This era is global so many types of technology is useful for education and websites one of them websites have an information about institutes,organizations,NGOs and companies etc. some important websites are given - 7/23/2015 2 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 3. CONTENT • www.ssrn.com/en/ • www.acer.edu.au/ • www.icssr.org • www.nhrc.nic.in • www.eric.ed.gov/ • www.edutopia.org/ • www.academicresearch.microsoft.com • www.ssrc.org • www.piirus.com • www.education.iseek.com 7/23/2015 3 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 4. www.ssrn.com/en/ • Provide top quality research paper. • Its awarded website. • Most reliable services in the distribution of research • SSRN organized conferences seminars and workshops. • SSRN has mirror site at the European corporate governance institute(LONDON), Korea university (SEOUL), Stanford law school (CALIFORNIA). 7/23/2015 4 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 5. www.acer.edu.au/ • Acer is one of the world's leading educational research center. • Its goals is to support every learner. • Provide reliable support and expertise. • Online assessment and reporting. • Digital education research network. • Create and promote research based knowledge product and services. 7/23/2015 5 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 6. www.icssr.org • ICSSR established 1969 by government of India. • Prof. Sukhadeo Thorat Chairman • Academic Positions: · Chairman, ICSSR since April 2011 · Chairman, UGC from February 2006 to February 2011. · Faculty Member, J.N.U, New Delhi . · Visiting Faculty at Department of Economics, Iowa State University, USA . · Director, Indian Institute of Dalit Studies, New Delhi. · Research Associate of International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington DC, U.S.A. 7/23/2015 6 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 7. ICSSR AT A GLANCE • Promote research . • Review the progress of research and give advice to users. • Scholarships and fellowships for research. • Giving financial support . • Arrange for technical training in research methodology and to provide guidance. 7/23/2015 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT 7
- 8. . • Organize, sponsor and finance seminars, workshops. • Co-ordinate research activities and encourage progrmmes for interdisciplinary research. • Develop and support centers for documentation services and supply of data. • Undertake publication and assist publication of journals and books in social sciences. 7/23/2015 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT 8
- 9. ‘Council’ • It consists of twenty-six members including the Chairman and the Member-Secretary. • The Chairman along with eighteen social scientists are nominated by the Government of India. In addition, there are six representatives of the Government of India including one each from the Department of Education Ministry of Social Welfare Ministry of Finance • The term of the Chairman, Member-Secretary is normally of three years. Similarly, all other nominees . 7/23/2015 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT 9
- 10. . • Important committees of the ICSSR are the Policy, Planning and Administration Committee (PPAC) Research Committee (RC). The Rules contained in these Memorandum Of Association (MOA) provide for the formation of the Committee. It states that there shall be a Policy, Planning and Administration Committee which shall look after, subject to Rules and Regulations and Orders of the Council, the policies, plans, administration and financial affairs of the Council. 7/23/2015 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT 10
- 11. TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING DIVISION • Grants to Organise Research Methodology Course/Spss For PH.D Students. • Capacity Building Programme for Faculty in Social Sciences . • ICSSR Research Pool. 7/23/2015 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT 11
- 12. INTERNATIONAL COLLABRATION • Visit of Scholars • Participation Abroad • Data Collection Abroad • Seminars/Conferences/Workshops in India 7/23/2015 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT 12
- 13. FELLOWSHIPS • National Fellowships • Senior Fellowships • Post Doctoral Fellowships • Doctoral Fellowships 7/23/2015 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT 13
- 14. NATIONAL SOCIAL SCIENCE DOCUMENTATION CENTRE-NASSDOC India's Leading Information Centre for Research and Innovations in Social Sciences Introduction • NASSDOC established in 1969 as a Division of the ICSSR. • The objective to provide library and information support services to researchers those working in academic institutions, autonomous research organisations, policy making, planning and research units of government departments, business and industry etc. • NASSDOC also provides guidance to libraies of ICSSR Regional Centres and ICSSR supported Research Institutes. 7/23/2015 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT 14
- 15. Facilities Available at NASSDOC 7/23/2015 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT 15 • Library and information services •Database/Publications •Bibliography on Demand •Study Grant •Bibliographical & Document Project •Acquisition of Thesis
- 16. www.nhrc.nic.in • NHRC provides guidelines on training regarding human rights. • Provides human rights education, training and internship programmers. • NHRC latest publications Manav adhikar nayee dishaye, Suicide in prison, Hand book on spot enquires etc. • Promote researches in field of human rights. • Conduct research studies in collaboration with universities, institutions and organizations. 7/23/2015 16 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 17. www.eric.ed.gov/ • Educational resources information center (ERIC) founded in may 1964. • ERIC data base and files download free. • Online research paper submission system. • Provide tips for a successful submission in videos. • The list of currently approved journals can be found at ERIC. 7/23/2015 17 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 18. www.edutopia.org/ • Edutopia based on teacher development. • Provide technology based creative teaching ideas and. • connecting learning through innovation. • Focused on practices and programme that help student acquire. • develop and evaluate methods that profoundly impact the course of learning and life long achievement. 7/23/2015 18 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 19. www.academicresearch.microsoft.com • Academic research Microsoft provide all field of researches • Provides subject wise authors list with papers. • Top publications list available subject wise. • Available top key words wise search. • Organizations list with a large number of publications. 7/23/2015 19 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 20. www.ssrc.org • Social science research council (SSRC) is an independent, nonprofit international organization founded in 1923. • Build interdisciplinary and international networks. • Award fellowships and grant for researcher and institute. • Organizing workshops and conferences. • Seek to mobilize the most creative and knowledgeable researcher. • Working internationally and democratically. 7/23/2015 20 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 21. www.piirus.com • PIIRUS started 2011 as research match and managed by university of Warwick. • PIIRUS is a quick and easy tool to search. • Find experts on a specific topic. • Make interdisciplinary connections. • Visibility of your research work outside. • A global network dedicated to researchers so they can make meaningful connections. 7/23/2015 21 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 22. www.education.iseek.com • Iseek is targeted search engine. • Provide resource about universities, institutes, organizations, and government policies. • Provide tips and tricks how can improve your search. • Its provides time saving intelligent search. • Find quality information • Provides personal web-based library to help locate the most relevant result immediately. 7/23/2015 22 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 23. YOUR SUGESTIONS ARE INVITED PLEASE E-Mail- [email protected] 7/23/2015 23 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
- 24. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, SUPPORT AND ATTENTION! 7/23/2015 24 EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES GYANENDRA RAWAT
Public clipboards featuring this slide, select another clipboard.
Looks like you’ve clipped this slide to already.
You just clipped your first slide!
Create a clipboard
Get slideshare without ads, special offer to slideshare readers, just for you: free 60-day trial to the world’s largest digital library..
The SlideShare family just got bigger. Enjoy access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more from Scribd.
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.
Help us keep SlideShare free
It appears that you have an ad-blocker running. By whitelisting SlideShare on your ad-blocker, you are supporting our community of content creators.
- My presentations
Auth with social network:
We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Educational Websites. What is an educational website? An educational website is a source of Internet-based digital content specifically designed with.
Published by Malcolm McKinney Modified over 7 years ago
Presentation on theme: "Educational Websites. What is an educational website? An educational website is a source of Internet-based digital content specifically designed with."— Presentation transcript:
Career Technical Conference 2007 Alabamas Web Portal Setting the Standard for Teaching, Leading, & Learning.
Chapter 3 Section 4 The Phoenicians
SS.6.W.3.1, SS.6.G.1.6&7, and SS.6.G.2.1,4&5. The mainland of Greece is a peninsula. Peninsula: land that is surrounded on 3 sides by water Since.
Interactions of Air, Water, and Land: Table of Contents Lesson #Lesson NameBloom’s Taxonomy LevelGardener’s Multiple Intelligence(s)Additive 1 Water You.
Chapter 2 Test. What did you and your family do when Hurricane Ike came? Where did you go, how did you get there, what did you bring, how long were you.
Investigating FOSS for K-6. What is FOSS? FOSS is an active learning science program for teaching science in interesting and engaging ways. FOSS is researched.
10:00 – 10:30 Friday, February 27, 2015 SCIENCE TIME Late Start due to Snow.
This is my Electronic Portfolio From ~ Gardner Math, Science, Technology Magnet School From: Click Here To Begin.
Bachelors degree: 75% of teachers have the bachelors degree Masters degree: 25% of teachers have the masters degree.
Warning Severe Storm Alert!!! Table of Contents Click the lightening bolt to find out about the different types of severe weather that we will be learning.
Discover America Project Overview Teacher Planning & Reflection Teaching Resources Assessment & Standards Classroom Teacher Guide Pre-service Teacher Guide.
African American Heritage By Ebone Johnson ED 417 Dr. Helms Ohio Social Studies Strands First Grade Power Point Lesson.
This is my Kindergarten Electronic Portfolio From ~ Gardner Math, Science, Technology Magnet School Click Here To Begin.
Chapter 3 – Section 4 The Phoenicians
What are thunderstorms, hurricanes and tornadoes?
1 WELCOME TO VERIZON THINKFINITY’S OVERVIEW SESSION Anita Truax Technology Coach Thinkfinity Field Trainer.
What do Interact students do? become certified volcanologists run a game factory using probability become “wizards” and find gold in a mountain vault.
Unit 3 Lesson 4 How Do Weather Patterns Help Us Predict Weather?
This comprehensive selection of hundreds of lessons provides teachers with a wide variety of strategies to give every type of student access to core content.
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Educational Websites for Students and Teachers - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Something went wrong! Please try again and reload the page.
Educational Websites for Students and Teachers
Homework list is one of the online places where you can learn any subject anytime and anywhere. our aim is to make your child success in his/her future. for more details explore us now – powerpoint ppt presentation.
PowerShow.com is a leading presentation sharing website. It has millions of presentations already uploaded and available with 1,000s more being uploaded by its users every day. Whatever your area of interest, here you’ll be able to find and view presentations you’ll love and possibly download. And, best of all, it is completely free and easy to use.
You might even have a presentation you’d like to share with others. If so, just upload it to PowerShow.com. We’ll convert it to an HTML5 slideshow that includes all the media types you’ve already added: audio, video, music, pictures, animations and transition effects. Then you can share it with your target audience as well as PowerShow.com’s millions of monthly visitors. And, again, it’s all free.
About the Developers
PowerShow.com is brought to you by CrystalGraphics , the award-winning developer and market-leading publisher of rich-media enhancement products for presentations. Our product offerings include millions of PowerPoint templates, diagrams, animated 3D characters and more.
- Khalil Ghada
- educational websites
- reading websites
- websites related
- social studies websites
- language arts websites
- More by User
Educational Websites We, at HMS, recognize that learning does not only take place at school. Also, we realize that parents and students need the tools and resources to reinforce subject matters and skills at home. Therefore, we have created this list of educational websites that parents and students can visit to provide practice and reinforcement in specific subject matters. ***Please note that this website list is a work in progress, so please check back daily, as we update and place more information here. Click here for Math websites. Click here for Reading websites. Click here for Language Arts websites. Click here for Social Studies websites. Is your child ready for the writing assessment. All 5th and 7th graders take the Alabama Direct Assessment of Writing in February. Start preparing today. Click here for websites related to writing. Does your child need help learning, memorizing, or practicing spelling or vocabulary words from any subject? If so, Spelling City is the website for you. It doesn’t matter what grade level the student is, this website is for all kids. It has several games and activities to help students learn spelling and vocabulary words. Students can even take a test on their words in preparation for their test at school. Click here to go to Spelling City!
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
Evaluating Educational Websites: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Museum and the Internet
Efthimios Tambouris , Konstantinos Tarabanis
Open Source Science Journal
The purpose of this paper is to frame specific metrics for evaluating the quality of public authorities’ web sites and to employ them in a case study measuring the quality of Romanian central public authorities’ web sites. The proposed metrics are built-up based upon previous researches in web sites’ evaluation field and Romanian legislation in force, governing the citizens’ right to information and decisional transparency. The sample used in this study, namely the Romanian ministries’ web sites, is rated against the proposed metrics which measure the technical characteristics, e-content and e-participation, factors influencing the overall quality of the web sites. The findings of the case study capture the peculiarities, the shortcomings and the best practices of the above mentioned central public authorities’ web sites. The paper also provides an objective assessment of the metrics used in this study, identifying the limitation of these measurements and the study itself. Keywords: metrics, quality, web sites, public authorities, citizens.
English for Specific Purposes
This paper introduces the Website Acceptability Tiered Checklist (WATCH), a preliminary version of a multi-trait scale that could be used by instructors and students to assess the quality of websites chosen as source materials in students’ research papers in a Humanities program. The scale includes bands for assessing: (i) the authority and reputation of the author(s); (ii) the accuracy and objectivity of the contents; (iii) evidence of academic rigor in the text; and (iv) the currency and maintenance of the site as well as the clarity of bibliographical information. The scale was used to evaluate the suitability of 84 Web-based sources selected by first-year English for Academic Purposes (EAP) students (N = 36) to support their points in a research-based argumentative essay. Each Web source was scored individually by two trained raters; inter-rater reliability (using the Cronbach-α test) was found to be 0.89 for the overall scores and between 0.77 and 0.87 for the individual bands. The paper discusses the value of using an instrument such as WATCH to assess students’ choices of websites, as well as potential difficulties faced by instructors when evaluating these sources.
This paper investigates the quality ranking of current Islamic websites using nine (9) website features (i.e. navigation, interactivity, legitimacy, objectivity, authority, relevancy, attractiveness, credibility, and reliability) in order to find the highest and lowest quality scores for individual websites based on their design & content feature. A heuristic evaluation method using single-user approach was used to evaluate 50 selected Islamic websites. Google search was used to select the 50 topmost popular Islamic websites on 8th December, 2009. The findings indicate that there has been a considerable improvement in the quality of Islamic websites in terms of design and information content. The findings also show that none of the websites evaluated displayed biased contents against Islam or Islamic groups. In addition, the findings reveal that websites with the highest quality scores were rated excellent in terms of information legitimacy and objectivity, whereas those with the least quality scores were rated poor in terms of authority and interactivity features. The paper concludes that there are considerable quality variations between Islamic websites with highest and lowest percentage scores.
International Journal of Research Studies in Computing (IJRC)
W. Ian O'Byrne
Sorry, preview is currently unavailable. You can download the paper by clicking the button above.
Iraklis Varlamis , Symeon Ververidis
Journal of Medical Systems
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry
International Journal of Intercultural Information Management
Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management
International Journal on Integrating Technology in Education ( IJITE )
Israel Journal of Health Policy Research
Yehuda Neumark , Lior Flum
Bob Algozzine , Richard Hartshorne
Sthephanny MONCADA LINARES
MALAYSIAN JOURNAL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
2010 International Conference on User Science and Engineering (i-USEr)
Rasheed Nassr , Murni Mahmud
The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries
Proceeding of the 3rd International Conference on Information and Communication Technology For the Moslem World 2010
Siti Zakiah Melatu Samsi
Behaviour & Information Technology
Punctum. International Journal of Semiotics
Meinald T Thielsch
Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal)
Yalin Sun , Ciaran Trace
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES · 1. Where to find Educational Websites ? · 2. 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Students studying normal Students studying using educational websites
A PRESENTATION ON EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES Gyanendra Rawat Research Scholar Faculty Of Education C.S.J.M.University Kanpur 7.
An educational website is a source of Internet-based digital content specifically designed with. ... Download ppt "Educational Websites.
Do you have PowerPoint slides to share? If so, share your PPT presentation slides online with PowerShow.com. It's FREE! Loading...
Educational Websites. For Parents and Students. Some Suggestions. Preview and explore the website in advance to capitalize from its content, and to ensure
Educational Websites. Slideshow 5320921 by khalil.
The proposed metrics are built-up based upon previous researches in web sites' evaluation field and Romanian legislation in force, governing the citizens' right
... learn how to make an educational PowerPoint PPT presentation fast. ... Design a logo, create a website, build an app, or learn a new
Websites; Video; Grades; FAQ's; Electronic bulletin boards; Chat rooms ... Technology may not always be appropriate in every educational setting.
a online educational portal ... School website has educational value for students and the wider community; Students can use multi media. Advanced.