- Help Center
- Google Play
- Google Play Terms of Service
- Submit feedback
- Google Play Store
How to rate & review apps in the Google Play Store
You can rate and review for Android apps, games, and other content on the Play Store. When you review something on Google Play, the review is linked to your Google Account and is public. If you don't want a review to be public, you can delete it.
How to rate an app & leave a review
Important: You can only rate apps you've previously downloaded and installed. When you download an app, it's linked to your Google Account. If you downloaded the app but don't see the option to write a review, make sure you're signed in to the right account .
- On your computer, go to play.google.com .
- Find the app you want to review.
- Select the app to open the detail page.
- Scroll and click Write a review .
- Rate the app out of five stars and write your review.
- Click Submit .
How to delete or edit a review
- Find the app you reviewed.
- To edit, make your changes then click Submit .
When you can write reviews in the Play Store
- You can only review apps and games you’ve downloaded.
- You can’t leave a review from an enterprise account, like an account for work or school.
- If any account on your device is part of a beta program for an app, you can’t leave a review for that app.
- You can leave a beta program if you want to write a review.
Need more help?
Sign in for additional support options to quickly solve your issue.
How to Write and Edit Reviews on the Google Play Store
Play Store reviews are a good way to help highlight the best apps, or alert developers to problems they need to fix.
Writing a review on the Google Play Store is an excellent way to share your views about an app. It also helps other users make an informed decision before they decide to download it for themselves.
Not just that, it also helps the developers of the app learn about the issues that users are facing, and improve their experience with the help of user reviews by rolling out new and improved updates.
Rating and reviewing an app also let Google know about your likes and preferences to then provide you with a more personalized experience on the Play Store. Here's how you can write, view, and edit your reviews on the Google Play Store.
How to Write a Review on Google Play Store
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search and go to the detail page of the app you want to review.
- Under Rate this app , tap on Write a review .
- Author the review according to your experience.
- Tap Post at the top right corner.
Related: How to Find Your Way Around the Updated Google Play Store
How to View Your Posted Reviews and Unreviewed Apps
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Tap on Manage apps & device .
- Tap Ratings & reviews .
- To view all of your posted reviews, select the Posted tab.
- To view the apps you haven't reviewed, select the Unreviewed tab.
Related: Is the Google Play Store Safe?
How to Edit or Delete a Posted Review on Google Play Store
There are two ways to edit or delete your review on the Google Play Store.
The first method is:
- Repeat steps 1–5 from above.
- Tap on the three-dot menu button beside the app review you want to change.
- Select Delete to remove your review, or Edit to edit your review.
- Make the changes to your review.
The second method is:
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your android device.
- To remove your review, tap on the three-dot menu button and select Delete .
- Or to edit, tap on Edit your review under Your review .
Make Your Views Count With Google Play Store Reviews
Writing a review can sometimes feel like an unnecessary effort, but it helps the developers of the app better understand what you as a consumer want out of that app. Your review reflects your personal experience with the service.
It can include praise for what you liked, criticism for what you didn't, and appeal for something you want help with. The more feedback available for an app, the better it is for the next users and the developers.
- Android Tips
How to Write a Review on Google Play Store
Writing a review or rating an app on Google Play helps others to know more about your experiences using those apps. Google has made it super easy to write reviews on Google Play Store by integrating it with your Google+ account. Do as follows and write for your installed apps:
1. open Google Play 2. Search for the application you would like to write a review for, and tap on it 3. Under the screen shots and Plus +1 option, tap Rate & Review 4. Specify the number of starts you want to give to the app 5. Write the review and press OK 6. You are done ** Note that since it uses your Google+ account, your comments (reviews) are linked to your profile
Customize Your Android Device to Make it As Unique As Yourself
Download full hd colorful wallpapers, change the fonts (no root required), change the icons of installed apps (no root required).
How to assign a ringtone to a contact on galaxy s7 (edge), how to enable condensed mode on galaxy s7 |scale down screen, how to disable making calls when device is locked (bluetooth headset is connected), how to enable adapt sound on galaxy s4, how to block a contact on telegram for android, how to change icon of applications on g2, latest reviews, 10 best android clock widgets – april 2015, unique widgets: beautiful, simple, functional and …. unique, seriesguide: keeping track of your favorite tv shows was never easier, finally, the best and easiest to use currency calculator widget for android, camera360 ultimate: capturing and editing photos has never been easier.
Ratings & Review on the Play Store
On this page you can find information about ratings and reviews on Google Play, as well Google’s policies for posting reviews.
You can write reviews for anything you've purchased or rented from Google Play. Reviews are a great way to help others decide what to get by telling them about your experience. Google doesn't pay anyone to rate or review content on Play, and we expect reviewers to be honest and unbiased.
How ratings are calculated
Play Store ratings for apps, and the corresponding bar graphs showing the proportional number of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 star reviews, are calculated based on the app's current quality ratings from user reviews, rather than the lifetime average value of user reviews, unless the app has very few ratings. This gives users more insight into the app, and a better understanding of its current state, since apps can change over time, and often add and remove features. We show the total lifetime number of reviews as this provides users with valuable information about the app's use and longevity.
Ratings for other content on the Play Store (books, movies, tv shows) are calculated based on the lifetime average value of user reviews of that content.
What others will see when you leave a review
Most reviews are visible to everyone, and the Play Store app will indicate whether your review will be public or private.
Public reviews will show your name and image from your Google account and past review edits to anyone who uses Play (including developers). Private reviews are usually for apps in early access or beta testing, and only the developer can see your review, including your name and, account image from your Google account, and past edits. For both public and private reviews, developers are also able to see your language, device and country and device information (such as language, model, and OS version). Developers can also reply to reviews and may use this information to reply to you. If you edit a review, other users and developers can still see past edits unless you delete the review.
Ratings and reviews posting policies
Ratings and reviews are meant to be helpful and trustworthy. Reviewing content on Play is a great way to share helpful feedback and assist other Play users in finding great content and services.
Guidelines for writing a good review
- Make your reviews useful and informative.
- Try to include both positives and drawbacks.
- Keep it readable; check grammar and spelling, and don't use excessive capitalization and punctuation.
- Be nice to others.
Google Play's policies for ratings and reviews are below. Reviews that don't follow these policies will be removed, and anyone who repeatedly or egregiously violates them may lose the ability to post reviews on Google Play.
Spam and fake reviews
Your reviews should reflect the experience you've had with the content or service you're reviewing.
- Don't post fake or inaccurate reviews.
- Don't post the same review multiple times.
- Don't post reviews for the same content from multiple accounts.
- Don't post reviews to mislead other users or manipulate the rating.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of others.
- Don't misrepresent your identity or your connection to the content you're reviewing.
Keep reviews on-topic and relevant to the content, service, or experience you're reviewing.
- Don't post solicitations, political or social commentary, or anything else that is irrelevant to the content, service, or core of the consumer experience you're reviewing.
We want reviews to be useful, and they aren't useful if they're promoting something other than the content or service you're reviewing.
- Don't post promotional or commercial content for any products or services, including affiliate or referral-based promotions.
- Don't post phone numbers, email addresses, or links to other websites.
Conflict of interest
Reviews are most valuable when they're genuine and unbiased. They should be written by people who aren't motivated by financial gain.
- Don't offer or accept money, products, or services in exchange for posting reviews.
- Don't review content, services, or experiences if you own or work for the business that created it.
Reviews should be your own and reflect your personal opinions.
- Don't post reviews that infringe on the intellectual property rights of others, including copyright.
Learn how to remove copyrighted content
Personal and confidential information
Reviews are meant to share experiences, and you can express the way you feel about something without revealing sensitive personal information.
- Don't post personal or confidential information, such as a physical address or driver's license number.
Your reviews must comply with the law and any terms or legal agreements you have agreed to.
- Don't post reviews that contain or link to illegal content.
Sexually explicit content
Google Play is intended for a broad audience, and reviews should reflect that.
- Don't post reviews that contain, promote, or solicit sexually explicit content.
- Don't post reviews that depict children in sexual situations or address them in a sexual manner.
Google Play is intended for all people, and reviews should reflect that.
- Don't promote violence, condone violence, or incite hatred toward an individual or group based on their race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.
Google Play is meant to entertain and inform, not attack and offend.
- Don't post obscene, profane, or offensive language.
- Don't post reviews that harass, bully, or attack others.
- EXPLORE Coupons Tech Help Pro Random Article About Us Quizzes Contribute Train Your Brain Game Improve Your English Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- HELP US Support wikiHow Community Dashboard Write an Article Request a New Article More Ideas...
- EDIT Edit this Article
- PRO Courses New Tech Help Pro New Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Coupons Quizzes Upgrade Sign In
- Browse Articles
- Quizzes New
- Train Your Brain New
- Improve Your English New
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Easy Ways to Help
- Approve Questions
- Fix Spelling
- More Things to Try...
- H&M Coupons
- Hotwire Promo Codes
- StubHub Discount Codes
- Ashley Furniture Coupons
- Blue Nile Promo Codes
- NordVPN Coupons
- Samsung Promo Codes
- Chewy Promo Codes
- Ulta Coupons
- Vistaprint Promo Codes
- Shutterfly Promo Codes
- DoorDash Promo Codes
- Office Depot Coupons
- adidas Promo Codes
- Home Depot Coupons
- DSW Coupons
- Bed Bath and Beyond Coupons
- Lowe's Coupons
- Surfshark Coupons
- Nordstrom Coupons
- Walmart Promo Codes
- Dick's Sporting Goods Coupons
- Fanatics Coupons
- Edible Arrangements Coupons
- eBay Coupons
- Log in / Sign up
- Computers and Electronics
- Website Application Instructions
- Google Applications
2 Ways to Write a Review on Google
Last Updated: February 25, 2023
Using Google Maps on Mobile
Using google on a computer, using google maps on a computer, expert q&a.
This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Darlene Antonelli, MA . Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. She earned an MA in Writing from Rowan University in 2012 and wrote her thesis on online communities and the personalities curated in such communities. This article has been viewed 504,492 times. Learn more...
Did you just have the best steak of your life? Did you just experience the worst service at your local bar? Was the tour you just took informative and fun? Let the world know! You can review almost any service using Google Reviews. This wikiHow article teaches you how to write reviews on Google using a computer or your Android or iPhone.
Things You Should Know
- You can leave a review on Google using your computer or the Google Maps app on your phone or tablet.
- If you're using a phone, open the place you want to review in Google Maps, then tap the star rating under "Reviews".
- If you're using your computer, click "Write a review" when you search for the place in Google Maps, then leave your review.
- If you want to add photos or videos from your phone, tap Add photos & videos below the text box.
- If you want to read your review, you'll find it by opening Google Maps, then go to Contribute > View your profile .
- To delete a review in Google Maps, go to Contribute > View your profile > See all reviews > ⋮ (Android) or … (iPhone/iPad) > Delete review .  X Research source
- Some general manufacturer names like "Flonase" won't work, but specific product names, like "Flonase Sensimist" will. If you don't know the name and brand of the product you want to write a review about, you shouldn't write the review because you could end up writing a review for a similar, but not the same, product!
- This method works for reviewing movies, products, and places!
- Depending on the type of review, you may or may not see a Add Photos button.
- A new window will open.
- Click Add photos if there are pictures on your computer, in Google Drive, or in Google Photos that you'd like to include.
- If you want to read your review, you'll find it by opening Google Maps on your computer, then going to ☰ > Your contributions > Reviews .
- To delete a review in Google Maps, go to ☰ > Your contributions > Reviews > ⋮ > Delete review .  X Research source
Video . By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube.
- Tap or click the thumbs-up icon to "like" a review from someone else. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- If you see an inappropriate review, tap or click the three-dot menu icon next to the review and select Report . ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- If your review isn't posting, then it may not follow Google's review policy . ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
You Might Also Like
- ↑ https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6230175?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&oco=0
- ↑ https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6230175?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&oco=0
About This Article
- Send fan mail to authors
Is this article up to date?
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
Keep up with tech in just 5 minutes a week!
How to rate an app & leave a review · On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app Google Play · Browse or search for the app you want to
On your computer, go to play.google.com. · Find the app you want to review. · Select the app to open the detail page. · Scroll and click Write a review. · Rate the
Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android device. · Search and go to the detail page of the app you want to review. · Under Rate this app
BizConnect is a top application where one can manage the contacts, Manage Leads, Grow Network, Include CRM, and much more.App link for
How to write a review on Google Play Store | Leave a review on Apps/Games/Movies/Book | Techno LogicHello everyone, welcome to Techno Logic.
This video will help you to know the steps on how you can rate and write a review on Google Play#tutorial #googleplay #appreview #apprate.
1. open Google Play · 2. Search for the application you would like to write a review for, and tap on it · 3. Under the screen shots and Plus +1 option, tap Rate &
Guidelines for writing a good review · Make your reviews useful and informative. · Try to include both positives and drawbacks. · Keep it readable; check grammar
For Android: · First, open the Google Play Store app on your device. · Then, click the profile photo and select Manage apps & device. · Now go to the Manage tab
Tips · Tap or click the thumbs-up icon to "like" a review from someone else. · If you see an inappropriate review, tap or click the three-dot menu