- Main content
How to review any business or attraction on Google with Google Maps
- You can write Google reviews for restaurants, attractions, and other locations on Google Maps.
- Your Google review can help others find information and will appear on your "About me" page.
- You can restrict your profile if you want your Google reviews to be hidden to the general public.
If you want to share your opinion — whether positive or negative — about a business, you can write a Google review. On the Google Maps website and mobile app, you can share reviews, add photos, and select a star rating for any business or location listed on the platform.
Here's how to write a Google review, why reviews are important, what the rules are, and what happens after you post a review.
How to write a Google review on Google Maps
To write a Google review on the Google maps website or mobile app, follow these steps:
1. Make sure you're signed into your Google account.
2. Go to maps.google.com or open the Google Maps mobile app.
3. Search for the place you want to review and click or tap on it to bring up the overview page.
4. On the Google Maps website, in the left sidebar, scroll down to the Review summary section and click Write a review .
5. On the Google Maps mobile app, tap the Reviews tab at the top of the page, and in the Rate & review section, tap on the stars.
6. On both the website and mobile app, you'll then be taken to a page where you can add a star rating, write a review in the text area, and upload photos.
7. Once you've finished writing your review, click or tap Post and your review will be made public.
Why are Google reviews important?
As long as your Google review is honest, you can use it to share your experience with others. If the experience was pleasant, you can help others discover and enjoy it as well.
Furthermore, it can also help the business or attraction, thanks to the positive rating and testimony your review will give.
If, on the other hand, you had a negative experience, your Google review could just be what saves others their valuable time and money on something you believe won't offer them the value they're looking for.
The rules of posting a Google review
In order for your review to stay up on Google Maps, it has to follow Google's rules . That means everything in your review has to be accurate, on-topic, and can't use defamatory language.
Your review can't be faked, copied, or stolen from someone else. It also can't be sexually explicit, offensive, or represent a conflict of interest (for example, users can't review their own business and reviewers can't be paid for their reviews.)
Users can report a review if it appears to violate the rules, and if Google agrees with that assessment, the company reserves the right to take it down, and may even suspend or delete "abusive accounts."
What happens after you post a Google review
Your reviews are public, so other people will be able to see your " About me " page, as well as other reviews and ratings you've posted, including any photos you added to those.
And if you're a part of Local Guides , which is essentially Google's version of Yelp, you can also earn points for creating reviews — points that lead to badges on your profile, as well as "early access" to new Google features.
If you're trying to review a place that isn't listed, Local Guides is also how you'll add the location to Google Maps so you can review it.
How to hide your Google reviews
If for any reason you want to hide your reviews from the general public, you can do so on both the website and mobile app. You'll be restricting your account, meaning that only people you approve to be your followers can see the reviews you've posted.
To hide Google reviews on the Google Maps website:
1. Go to the Google Maps website .
2. Click the icon of three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner.
3. Click on Your contributions in the sidebar on the left.
4. On the Contribute tab, click Profile settings .
5. In the "Your Public Profile" pop-up, click the toggle button next to Show your posts on your profile to turn the button from blue to gray.
To hide reviews on the Google Maps mobile app:
1. Open the Google Maps app.
2. Tap your account icon in the upper-right corner of the app homepage.
3. In the drop-down menu, tap Settings .
4. In the Account Settings section, select Personal content .
5. Scroll down to the Profile settings section towards the bottom, and tap the toggle button next to Restricted profile to turn the button from gray to blue.
- For Automotive Services
- For Home Services
- For Pet Services
- For Law Firms
- For Dental Practices
- Get Started
How to get and retain more painting customers, email marketing tips for painting businesses, 5 secret advertising and growth strategies every painting business should leverage, 3 of the best advertising methods for a house painting business, winter marketing ideas for roofing companies.
How to Post a Review on Google Maps
Why are google reviews important.
The numbers clearly show that more people rely on online reviews to decide whether to patronize a business than ever. According to BrightLocal’s Local Consumer Review Survey 2022 , 77% of consumers in 2021 regularly read online reviews when checking out local businesses. Not only that, 81% of consumers use Google reviews to gauge a local business that’s new to them.
What does this mean for business owners? The number and quality of positive Google reviews are critical for attracting new potential customers. The number of reviews you have on Google and Google Maps directly boosts your search engine optimization (SEO) rankings and increases your visibility to customers as well.
Read on to find out how to make the most of Google Maps reviews as a part of your business’s reputation management strategy.
How to leave a review on Google Maps?
If you’re using google maps on a web browser:.
- Go to maps.google.com and type in the name and/or address of your business in the Google search bar at the top of the sidebar on the left of the screen.
- Once your Google business profile comes up, scroll down through the business info sidebar until you see the “Review summary” section.
- Click on the button that says “Write a review”. You can also add photos here.
- When you’re finished, click “Post” to publish your review.
If you’re using the Google Maps app:
- Open Google Maps on your Android or iPhone mobile device and type in your business name and/or address in the search bar at the top of your screen.
- Once your profile pops up in the bottom sheet, scroll down to the business reviews section. You can also tap on the “Reviews” tab up top.
- Under the header “Rate & review”, click on the stars to leave your star rating or share a full written review. You can also add photos and videos to your review here.
What makes a review great?
The following qualities characterize great reviews of a business:
- They’ve informative and insightful, and share relevant experiences and/or qualities that make a business special and unique.
- They’re authentic and convey a customer’s real experience. This may include details about not just the quality of the product(s) and/or service(s) provided, but also the aesthetics of the venue itself as well as the customer service received.
- They’re objective, and even the criticism, if any, is constructive rather than overly emotional.
- They’ve written with proper spelling and grammar.
- They include photos and videos of a business that back up what’s written in the review.
Reviewers should also follow Google’s review policies for posting a review. Violating these guidelines can result in Google taking a review down. Further, if someone violates Google’s terms of service, they may even suspend or delete the posting account.
Why can’t you leave a review on Google?
Google does not permit businesses or individuals to post reviews about their own company. This is because Google favors objective and unbiased opinions.
Not only that, but online consumers have a strong nose for disingenuous, fake reviews. Don’t risk harming your reputation by leaving a review that will come across as self-promotion.
Do people make money for posting reviews on Google Maps?
Google does not specifically pay users for posting reviews on Google Maps. According to their policy, businesses cannot offer money, discounts, gifts or other rewards for Google reviews.
That said, Google users can sign up to become a Google Local Guide and help others by sharing their knowledge of local businesses. The difference between regular reviewers and Local Guides is that Local Guides can receive points, badges, and local guide perks for leaving reviews. Local Guides that reach a certain level in the program receive rewards in terms of early access to special perks, new Google products and top-secret partner rewards.
How can you get more customer reviews?
As the adage goes, it doesn’t hurt to ask. Don’t be afraid to request reviews from your customers, especially if they had a positive experience and would be more likely to leave a favorable review. Don’t be demanding or pressure your customers, however. Instead, phrase the request as a favor, appeal to your customers’ empathy and explain how it would help your business.
Businesses can’t incentivize customers to leave them reviews, or edit/remove negative reviews. However, they can provide a reason when requesting a review, even if it’s as simple as “because we’d love to hear about your experience with us” or “because we’re trying to build up our online presence.” Keep the explanations simple and relatable. Offering these reasons will strengthen your question.
Thank your customers for leaving you a review. This goes a long way toward improving your business’ reputation as well — 89% of respondents to BrightLocal said they favor businesses that respond to all its online reviews .
Automate the review process (make it easy)
Convenience is truly the most powerful currency. The easier you make it for users to post reviews for you, the more likely they’ll be to leave you one.
You can do this by providing a link that users can simply click on to be redirected to a review website, like Google. If you have an iPad or other mobile device, you can also request the review right after you’ve interacted with the customer at a time when they’re most likely to have feedback fresh in their mind to share.
Get more reviews and manage your online reputation with Broadly
While Google reviews carry significant weight with the online community when evaluating a business, there are also other sites and social media platforms where consumers rate and review businesses. You would do well to track the following and more:
Want to learn more about not just Google accounts, but also how you can make them work most effectively for you? Want to see how Broadly can help you up your Google Business game?
See what Broadly can do for your business in just 30 days
Get more out of broadly., the top things any painting business can do to grow in 2023, 3 marketing ideas for exterior painting businesses, how to stay organized and get more roofing customers, winter marketing ideas for painting businesses, 5 business profiles every painting contractor or business needs.
- EXPLORE Coupons Tech Help Pro Random Article About Us Quizzes Contribute Train Your Brain Game Improve Your English Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- HELP US Support wikiHow Community Dashboard Write an Article Request a New Article More Ideas...
- EDIT Edit this Article
- PRO Courses New Tech Help Pro New Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Coupons Quizzes Upgrade Sign In
- Browse Articles
- Quizzes New
- Train Your Brain New
- Improve Your English New
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Easy Ways to Help
- Approve Questions
- Fix Spelling
- More Things to Try...
- H&M Coupons
- Hotwire Promo Codes
- StubHub Discount Codes
- Ashley Furniture Coupons
- Blue Nile Promo Codes
- NordVPN Coupons
- Samsung Promo Codes
- Chewy Promo Codes
- Ulta Coupons
- Vistaprint Promo Codes
- Shutterfly Promo Codes
- DoorDash Promo Codes
- Office Depot Coupons
- adidas Promo Codes
- Home Depot Coupons
- DSW Coupons
- Bed Bath and Beyond Coupons
- Lowe's Coupons
- Surfshark Coupons
- Nordstrom Coupons
- Walmart Promo Codes
- Dick's Sporting Goods Coupons
- Fanatics Coupons
- Edible Arrangements Coupons
- eBay Coupons
- Log in / Sign up
- Computers and Electronics
- Website Application Instructions
- Google Applications
2 Ways to Write a Review on Google
Last Updated: February 25, 2023
Using Google Maps on Mobile
Using google on a computer, using google maps on a computer, expert q&a.
This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Darlene Antonelli, MA . Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. She earned an MA in Writing from Rowan University in 2012 and wrote her thesis on online communities and the personalities curated in such communities. This article has been viewed 504,492 times. Learn more...
Did you just have the best steak of your life? Did you just experience the worst service at your local bar? Was the tour you just took informative and fun? Let the world know! You can review almost any service using Google Reviews. This wikiHow article teaches you how to write reviews on Google using a computer or your Android or iPhone.
Things You Should Know
- You can leave a review on Google using your computer or the Google Maps app on your phone or tablet.
- If you're using a phone, open the place you want to review in Google Maps, then tap the star rating under "Reviews".
- If you're using your computer, click "Write a review" when you search for the place in Google Maps, then leave your review.
- If you want to add photos or videos from your phone, tap Add photos & videos below the text box.
- If you want to read your review, you'll find it by opening Google Maps, then go to Contribute > View your profile .
- To delete a review in Google Maps, go to Contribute > View your profile > See all reviews > ⋮ (Android) or … (iPhone/iPad) > Delete review .  X Research source
- Some general manufacturer names like "Flonase" won't work, but specific product names, like "Flonase Sensimist" will. If you don't know the name and brand of the product you want to write a review about, you shouldn't write the review because you could end up writing a review for a similar, but not the same, product!
- This method works for reviewing movies, products, and places!
- Depending on the type of review, you may or may not see a Add Photos button.
- A new window will open.
- Click Add photos if there are pictures on your computer, in Google Drive, or in Google Photos that you'd like to include.
- If you want to read your review, you'll find it by opening Google Maps on your computer, then going to ☰ > Your contributions > Reviews .
- To delete a review in Google Maps, go to ☰ > Your contributions > Reviews > ⋮ > Delete review .  X Research source
Video . By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube.
- Tap or click the thumbs-up icon to "like" a review from someone else. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- If you see an inappropriate review, tap or click the three-dot menu icon next to the review and select Report . ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- If your review isn't posting, then it may not follow Google's review policy . ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
You Might Also Like
- ↑ https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6230175?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&oco=0
- ↑ https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6230175?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&oco=0
About This Article
- Send fan mail to authors
Is this article up to date?
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
Keep up with tech in just 5 minutes a week!
Google Review Link - How to send reviews to Google Maps
I've talked in detail about how Google Business Reviews are critical for any company . If you're reading this post you're likely interested in getting your reviews onto Google Maps using a Google Review Link.
Businesses with a Local listing in their Google My Business account qualify for a spot in Google Maps. They also qualify to appear for a local-intent search query.
What is a Local Intent search query?
Google's powerful search algorithms have come a long way since the company started. It uses sophisticated search technology backed by human "raters" to determine not just the content of the query (i.e., the keywords) but the intent of the query.
By intent, what do we mean? Google's algorithm determines whether the intent of the search is to "Do" something, "Know" something, or to "Go" somewhere.
Examples of "do", "know", "go" queries include:-
"book a flight" - Do something
"how do I book a flight online " - Know something
"flightcenter" - Go somewhere
Many moons ago I worked as a Google Rater, testing out search queries and determining whether the search results Google listed were relevant to the term. Recently, Google have made public their Search Quality Evaluator Guidelines document, which is absolute SEO gold for anyone interested in taking a look.
Without digressing too much, a local intent query would be pretty much anything that contains phrases similar to "near me". For example, if you're on your mobile and you search "bike shops near me" then you'll very likely be presented with a Google Maps listing, like this one:-
Star Ratings on Google Maps give those businesses more clicks and more local in-person visitors (assuming the rating is good overall). It's important to actively collect reviews from your customers because if you ask them, they're more likely to write a positive review for you. This really does help with your online visibility in Google and helps to give you a positive overall reputation on the web.
How do I get a Google Review Link for Google Maps
In order for your customer to write a review on a Google Maps listing, they'll need a Gmail/Google account. It's not possible to write a review without one, so even if you send a Google Review Link to this customer, they won't be able to use it.
Ideally, you'd want to ask customers for reviews on Google Maps only if they own a Gmail account, because if you send such a request to another email provider (Hotmail, Live, Outlook etc) there's no guarantee they'll also have a Gmail address. You might potentially waste an opportunity to collect a review from these customers.
Reviews.io lets you send review requests to all your customers, who are then able to review you either directly on Reviews.io or on a range of third party sites including Facebook, Amazon, Google Local or Tripadvisor.
As you're interested in a Google Review Link for local listings, then this feature is for you. Reviews.io can automatically segment your traffic and direct your review invitations to third party platforms of your choosing. It will only ever send a request for a review on Google Maps to customers with a Gmail account. You'll therefore never waste a review opportunity or have to manually trawl through your customer database to pull out all the ones with a Gmail address.
The process of writing a review on one of these third party platforms is slightly different to writing a review directly on Reviews.io.
Your customer receives a fully-customised email from you asking if they would review your business, and then asks the qualifying question "Was your experience positive or negative". If positive, your customers are sent directly to the Google Review Form via the Google Review Link we generate. They can then leave their review and star rating directly and easily.
If the response is negative, they are instead directed to a form hosted on Reviews.io which collects the negative feedback and sends it to you. In these instances, no review is left on Google Maps and you therefore have the opportunity to reach out to your customer to solve their issue before a negative reviews is written.
It's quite a cool feature and works across a wide range of third party sites. Have a read of this blog post for some more details on how it works on Google Local .
Here's a short video explainer:-
If you want to talk to us about it just call or click the button at the top of your screen to sign up to our free trial.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5000+ brands rely on REVIEWS.io to scale further & faster
Download pdf survey, 2022 state of reviews, changes in consumer buying behaviour, similar posts.
How to Write a Review on Google
Help others by sharing your experience
Leaving a restaurant or local business after having experienced exceptionally good or bad service may inspire you to write a review of your experience. Doing so helps other potential patrons know what to expect from that establishment. A popular place to leave reviews, due to its visibility, is Google.
When you look for a business on the search engine, the ratings are one of the first things to come up. So how can you add your voice and share your own experience?
Google reviews is a feature on Google Maps , and as long as you have your own Google account you can start writing online reviews for businesses you’ve visited. There is even a chance to become what’s called a Local Guide, and you can get points for each review you leave to increase your level and visibility on review pages.
In this article, we’ll walk you through how to write reviews, and how the Local Guide program works.
Leaving a review for any place you’ve visited is easy. You just need a Gmail account. If the establishment you visited doesn’t have a page on Google Maps, you also have the ability to add it to leave your review.
Here’s how to leave a new review on Google:
- In the Google search engine, search for the business name that you visited. You can also use a mobile device to do this in a browser, or on the Google Maps app for Android or iPhone.
- If the establishment has a Google business profile, it will come up as the first result. If it is a chain store, make sure to double-check the address of the location you visited. Next to the star rating of the business, click on the number of reviews.
- The business’s reviews page will open in a pop-up. In the top-right corner, click on the Write a review button.
- Select the number of stars you want to rate the business, 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. You can’t leave empty stars, so you’ll need to select at least 1. Underneath that, you can expand on your rating and describe your experience. Under the text box, you can also add pictures if you have any.
- When you’ve finished your rating and review, click on Post and it will be posted to the business’s review page.
Now that you’ve written your review, others will be able to see it by scrolling through the reviews section. Google may place your review higher or lower depending on how recent it is compared to others’ reviews, your influence as a Local Guide, or how a user chooses to have the reviews sorted.
How to Become a Local Guide
If you frequent Google review pages, you may notice that some people have a Local Guide tag. This can place their review above other customer reviews, especially if they have reviewed many places. If you want to become a Local Guide yourself, the process is actually very simple.
- Go to maps.google.com/localguides .
- Click on the Get Started button.
- On the next page, enter your city. Then check the boxes below to agree to the terms. Then, click on the Become a Local Guide button.
- You will automatically be redirected to your contributions page on Google Maps. From here, you can see your Local Guide level.
Underneath your Local Guide level, you’ll see the amount of points you have. You earn points by contributing to Google Maps, which includes reviews. You can earn extra points for things like reviews with over 200 characters, adding a photo or video, and responding to others’ questions on a business review page.
You can earn a Local Guide badge once you hit level 4, or 250 points from contributions. With each level, you’ll get a new badge, all the way up to level 10. Points don’t expire, however, if a contribution you make is removed by Google for violating their content policy, your points for that contribution may be taken as well.
How to Find, Edit and Delete Reviews
If you decide you reviewed a business unfairly, or made a mistake in your review, deleting or editing it may be necessary. Thankfully, it’s easy to find your past reviews and delete or edit any of them.
- Go to Google Maps.
- Click on the three bars in the top-left corner.
- Click on Your contributions from the menu.
- Your profile will come up. From here, click on Reviews .
- Find the review you want to delete or edit from the list, and click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the review.
- Click on Edit Review or Delete Review . If you want to add a picture, you can also click on Add Photo .
- If you choose Delete Review, a confirmation will pop up and you can select Delete to confirm the deletion.
- If you choose Edit Review , your previous review will pop up and you can edit the star rating and the written review. You can also add photos here.
Help Others by Writing Google Reviews
Posting reviews on Google for businesses can help others looking for stores or restaurants find the best ones to suit their needs. So leaving honest reviews about places you visit can make it easy for potential customers to know what to expect. Customer feedback can also help small business owners out by leaving positive reviews to let them know what they’re doing well, and where they could improve.
Since she was a child, Kayla has had a fascination with technology, video games, and filmmaking. Growing up she wrote on multiple personal blogs about these topics, enjoying the process of breaking down technical concepts. Most recently her focus has shifted to writing, and Kayla now reviews and writes technology, video editing, and gaming related articles. Read Kayla's Full Bio
Read More Posts:
Subscribe to Help Desk Geek.
Join 30,000+ others who get daily tips, tricks and shortcuts delivered straight to their inbox.
Thanks for subscribing!
We will never spam you, unsubscribe at any time.
Công ty Tigobiz
Dịch vụ Marketing Online Tinh Gọn
Home Blog Google Maps Review Google Maps How to Write a Review on Google Maps, Google Business
How to Write a Review on Google Maps, Google Business
If you’re looking to contribute to Google Mapsreviews , adding your two cents (through text reviews, photos and star ratings) can be easily done through the website – as long as the place you want to review is listed.
Here are other things you should know about writing reviews on Google Maps and how to get started:
You can add reviews through your computer, Android or iOS device. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Make sure you are signed in to your Google account.
Step 2: Visit maps.google.com (or Google Maps mobile app).
Step 3: Search for the place you want to review.
Step 4: In the left sidebar, scroll down to the review summary and click “Write a review”.
Step 5: Create your review in the pop-up where you can:
- Add star rating.
- Write a comment in the text area.
- Upload photos.
Rules for posting reviews on Google
In order for your review to appear on Google Maps, it must follow rules. That means everything in your review must be accurate, on-topic, and must not use defamatory language or be tampered with, copied, or stolen from others. It also must not be obscene, offensive, or a conflict of interest (e.g. users cannot rate their own business and reviewers do not get paid for their reviews.) and và Làm Cách Nào Để Nhận Nhiều Đánh Giá Hơn Trên Google Maps?
Users can report a review if it seems to violate the rules, and if Google agrees with the review, the company reserves the right to take it down and can even suspend or delete “abusive accounts.”
Với hơn 10 năm kinh nghiệm về Thương mại điện tử nói chung và Digital Marketing, Markting Online nói riêng. Với khao khát truyền lửa lại cho những bạn mới bước chân vào thị trường đầy tiềm năng và là xu hướng tất yếu trong những năm sắp tới. Hy vọng những nội dung tôi chia sẻ sẽ giúp ích được nhiều cho các bạn. Chúc các bạn thành công!.
Add a Comment Hủy
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Lưu tên của tôi, email, và trang web trong trình duyệt này cho lần bình luận kế tiếp của tôi.
039 5882 516
Amit Bhawani Blog
How to Write a Review to a Place on Google Maps
October 15, 2010 by Yogesh Patel 2 Comments
The purpose of providing or looking at the review is to know what people or customers feel about a place or business center. Bloggers reviews a lot of items which includes mobile phones, Antivirus Softwares & other digital products. So just like any other review, on Google maps you find an option called ‘Write a review’ just on a place listing. Its kinda looks like this
It’s basically added by Google maps developers to allow people comment on the places which are live to the people on Google Maps. So if you like a restaurant, theaters, shopping malls or any other place than as a user you can provide a review on it about what you feel. This review can contain anything written in English but it’s moderated by Google Maps users to avoid spam.
So you are here on how to write a review to a Place on Google, let’s get started into it.
I like Swagath Restaurant in my locality and food is very delicious out there, to provide a review what I will do is search for Swagath Restaurant.
So when I am shown this place on the map, I not only get Swagath Restaurant location on the map but also information associated with it through a pop-up balloon. This information includes address of the location, website, phone number and then Google maps tools like Directions, Search nearby, Save to and many more. In countries like USA where Google have updated maps with Streetview you also get a preview of Street View directly into that bubble.
Now to write a review click on More and then ‘Write a Review ‘ in the drop down menu.
Take your time to write something useful. When Done click on ‘Save’.
There goes my review beside other people review too. Yeah you have a chance of editing the review which is provided by you.
Just like other Google related portal this also have the options of whether the review is helpful or not. The users can Flag a comment as inappropriate.
That’s what I feel about the restaurant, now visible to all the people on Google Maps and next time whenever someone searches for this particular venue, my comment will be shown with your name. The name generally is hyper-linked to your Google Account Page.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
January 29, 2011 at 5:19 pm
This is pretty amazing feature by which we can actually know what people speak about that place. Maybe I can search for Taj Mahal and see what people from all around the world speak about it.
September 1, 2011 at 4:48 pm
Is there any possibility to upload images along with description in Google maps?
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed .
- Nov 20, 2021
Reviews on Google Maps & How To Send Google Review Link
Business reviews on Google Maps are a great way to show potential customers how your business is doing and how great you are. They also play a role in the ranking of your listing on Google Maps, which can be improved by getting many positive customer reviews. In this article, we will cover reviews on google maps and how you can generate a Google review link so that you can send it out to your customers!
As reviews are important to gain trust from your potential customers, it is imperative that you have reviews on Google Maps. By having reviews on Google Maps, it will increase the rank of your listing and your business will show up more often in search results since reviews play a role! The better reviews you get, the higher chance people will find out about your business when they're searching Google Maps for businesses like yours - which is where 90% of people are searching for local businesses.
Before you can get reviews on Google Maps, you need to make sure your Google My Business profile is created. Once that's done and your business is verified with Google you can generate your Google review link to send to customers. You might be wondering why you need a Google My Business profile to create reviews on Google Maps, and the reason is that Google maps reviews are taken from your Google My Business profile.
Now that you understand the basics let's talk about how to generate a Google review link, and how to send Google review links to your customers.
To generate a Google review link, you can simply go to your Google My Business page and click reviews. Scroll down a bit and there should be an option to generate a review request link, which is what we want! You can log into your Google My Business account at www.google.com/business.
Now that you have the Google review link you might wonder how to send Google review link. You're about to find out.
You can add it to your existing customer emails, text messages, receipts, or even turn it into a QR code so you can ask your customers to scan a QR code to leave you a review. You can put the QR code on your window, door, car, service truck, or even on the back of your business cards. When people ask us how to send Google review links to customers, we suggest that they send their link via text message alongside a note saying something like
"Thank you so much for your business. If you wouldn't mind taking a second to tell us how we did I'd really appreciate your help! [add link here].
But sending your Google review link to all customers can be scary since it's not likely that all of them would leave a good review - even though your business is great I'm sure ;)
That's why thousands of small businesses owners use Merchynt to link to Google review pages - but only for positive reviews.
It's not possible to remove angry customer reviews from Google Maps, so it's important that you use a tool that can only send positive reviews to Google Maps, keeping the negative ones offline.
If you generate a Google review link using Merchynt you won't need to worry about bad reviews on Google Maps anymore since Merchynt only allows positive reviews to get posted, and sends the negative reviews to your email inbox instead.
If you want to learn how to generate a Google review link that only publishes positive reviews on Google Maps then have a look at Merchynt .
8 Tips on Writing Influential & Relevant Reviews on Google Maps
May 04, 2018 by Freddie Tubbs
The Power Of Reviews
In the digital era, it is imperative to have a strong and clear online presence for business – and Google is the leading forum to do this at. Google Maps is one of the most commonly used mediums of sourcing a diverse range of information about similar enterprises and thus is essential for SEO – a priceless asset for small-to-medium enterprises.
But how do you ensure that you are writing genuine and useful reviews on Google Maps? Simplicity and clarity are the answer – though often the opposite is quite tempting. Below is a helpful guide for you to use as a roadmap in guaranteeing transparent, genuine and useful reviews on Google Maps.
The Tip Game
This is a subset of simplicity and keeping your review relevant to your experience. Word of mouth is one of the most motivating forms of advertising, so by including clear and concise information about what you ordered, your thoughts on the location, the service you received, the subsequent round of prospective clients will be able to engage and process your experience and apply it prospectively to their own.
Leave Emotions Off The Keyboard
It is tempting, and more often than not evident, that reviewers allow personal feeling and emotion to control their critique. In this case, context is vital. Specific negative or unpleasant situations can occur, but naming particular people is not useful – focus on the experience overall. You are reviewing a business, not an individual.
Once more, context is critical when writing genuine and useful reviews on Google Maps. Particularly after a negative experience, empathize with both sides. “Analyse and understand the context of the situation. Then proceed to leave your review – this empathetic reflection gives an honesty and credibility to your answer that most people can, and will, actively seek to relate to”, – says Duncan Moller, a Reputation Manager at Paper Fellows and Huffingtonpost writer.
Writing With Style
Word of mouth is a powerful tool. People will pay attention to a well-written, thoughtful review. Keep your review accessible to the broader public – don’t use excessive capitalization or punctuation. Precise grammar, avoid profanity, and the big one – use a grammar checker ! A short, creative, and honest paragraph will have the best impact.
Follow The Guidelines
When writing a review, be sure to stick to the local guide content rules. If you stray away, then there is no guarantee that your review will remain available to the wider public for very long.
Common sense will assist you here but avoid spam or off-topic reviews. These are not relevant to the business and will see your review removed if deemed necessary. Once again, no expletive content or hate inducing speech will be permitted. But still, common sense should prevail in this regard.
Formatting and Writing Style are invaluable when writing genuine and useful reviews on Google Maps. If you’re unsure about how to check up on what you’ve written, the below tools are particularly accessible resources to do so.
- State Of Writing and Studydemic are great general editing and proofreading platforms.
- UK Writings is for those of you more interested in the proofreading side of your review, definitely one to check out.
- Grammarix is a handy grammar checker before posting that final review.
- EasyWordCount is an essential tool, keeping in mind the importance of a concise review.
- Cite It In is essential when adding credibility to your review.
Your Review – Your Experience
Your review is just that – yours. While it may be incredibly insightful, its roots stem from very personal experience. This is relevant both when you’ve had a delightful experience, or when your expectations were simply left unfulfilled.
Analyse your thoughts before sharing them. Break your experience down into brief snippets, and craft a genuine and useful review on Google Maps.
Attention & Awareness
A review on Google Maps is now more influential than standing in the respective business and sharing your experience aloud – both in a negative or positive sense. This is important to keep in mind when writing your review, using the above tips that it will have an ongoing impact. With this in mind, ensure your review is not a general running commentary.
Armando Sanford, a PR professional at Oxessays, comments: “Local reviews are not meant as forums for your own opinion, they are meant to shed light on the business for the next line of clients following you. So be aware that you don’t get to control who those prospective clients are – be concise, be coherent, and be credible.”
Go Forth & Review
Writing reviews on Google Maps is essential for business representation and SEO. Using the above tips, you can keep your review concise and credible ensuring that those subsequent clients can maximize their experience.
Remember, your experience is personal to you, so keep your feedback balanced and constructive.
Nice your website and great information thanks.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Post Question
- share wi fi iphone
- volume maps iphone
- nearby google maps iphone
- help maps iphone
- how to turn off incognito mode in iphone
- turn read receipts iphone
- auto lock on iphone
- screen record iphone 13
- unblock number iphone
- sign google maps iphone
- google maps history iphone
- change driving mode iphone
- transportation google maps iphone
- multiple pins maps iphone
- mac address iphone
- edit video iphone
- print message iphone
- change language iphone
- find parking maps iphone
- measure distance maps iphone
- share route maps iphone
- get directions maps iphone
- focus mode iphone
- flashlight on iphone
- set up hotspot iphone
- restaurants maps iphone
- live location maps iphone
- motorways maps iphone
- enable location access iphone
- save location maps iphone
- audio google maps iphone
- maps spanish iphone
- adjust volume apple maps
- get traffic maps iphone
- disable google maps iphone
- change iphone passcode
- change time iphone
- conference call iphone
- text on iphone
- record conversation iphone
- delete album iphone
- battery percentage iphone 13
- make group chat iphone
- keep maps open iphone
- street view maps iphone
- recover photos iphone
- share album iphone
- delete messages iphone
- delete multiple contacts iphone
- scan documents iphone
- account maps iphone
- sharing maps iphone
- distance apple maps
- see maps search history
- work location apple maps
- street view apple maps
- apple maps search history
- eta apple maps
- pin apple maps
- check apple maps
- maps voice australian
- enter coordinates apple maps
- apple maps walking
- stop apple maps
- change google maps iphone
- review google maps iphone
- convert pdf iphone
- disable pop ups iphone
- blocked numbers iphone
- make collage on iphone
- keyboard whatsapp iphone
- shared eta iphone
- browser cache iphone
- highways apple maps
- tolls apple maps
- voice apple maps
- directions apple maps
- reinstall apple maps iphone
- multiple stops apple maps
- block pop ups iphone
- block number iphone
- home screen iphone
- location maps on iphone
- bookmark on iphone
- block websites iphone
- block e mails iphone
- access files iphone
- change iphone name
- silence notifications iphone
- reset settings on iphone
- alarm sound iphone
- more storage iphone
- get avoid highways
- speed google maps iphone
- maps whatsapp iphone
- remove pin maps iphone
- howhighways maps iphone
- apple voice female
- add device iphone
- words iphone dictionary
- add widgets iphone
- directions send iphone
- snooze on iphone
- screenshot iphone 13
- update whatsapp iphone
- download whatsapp iphone
- coordinates apple maps
- delete apple maps
- lock whatsapp iphone
- labels maps iphone
- connect spotify iphone
- saved google maps iphone
- zoom maps iphone
- parking maps iphone
- contact maps iphone
- email maps iphone
- north maps iphone
- screenshot maps iphone
- maps dark mode
- install apple maps
- tilt apple maps
- download google maps iphone
- saving whatsapp iphone
- contacts whatsapp iphone
- qr whatsapp iphone
- unarchive whatsapp iphone
- block whatsapp iphone
- receipts whatsapp iphone
- location whatsapp iphone
- uninstall whatsapp iphone
- delete instagram iphone
- profile instagram iphone
- location instagram iphone
- time maps iphone
- home maps iphone
- friends instagram iphone
- instagram live iphone
- links instagram stories iphone
- stop youtube iphone
- view youtube iphone
- untag instagram iphone
- maps offline iphone
- change map iphone
- kilometres maps on the iphone
- delete maps history iphone
- latitude maps iphone
- drop pin maps iphone
- search route maps iphone
- uninstall maps iphone
- icon maps iphone
- sites connection iphone
- youtube thumbnail iphone
- subscribe youtube channel iphone
- watch videos offline iphone
- deactivate instagram iphone
- instagram account iphone
- instagram questions iphone
- instagram polls iphone
- instagram group iphone
- gif instagram iphone
- coordinate maps iphone
- adjust volume maps iphone
- your youtube channel iphone
- message youtube iphone
- youtube autoplay iphone
- youtube browser iphone
- message instagram iphone
- instagram search history iphone
- instagram filters iphone
- edit instagram photos iphone
- edit instagram bio iphone
- duration youtube iphone
- reminders youtube iphone
- download youtube videos iphone
- download instagram stories iphone
- install instagram app iphone
- delete instagram story iphone
- instagram photos iphone
- instagram videos iphone
- instagram page iphone
- instagram stories on iphone
- tag instagram post iphone
- language youtube iphone
- thumbnail youtube iphone
- controls youtube iphone
- theme youtube iphone
- recent searches iphone
- age youtube iphone
- content youtube iphone
- delete playlist youtube iphone
- list youtube iphone
- youtube playing iphone
- youtube data iphone
- restrict youtube iphone
- quality youtube iphone
- check update iphone
- auto wi fi iphone
- fill pdf iphone
- profile picture iphone
- share videos iphone
- subscribers youtube iphone
- live youtube iphone
- creator account iphone
- instagram posts iphone
- videos instagram iphone
- instagram groups iphone
- blocked instagram iphone
- delete youtube video iphone
- instagram password iphone
- repost instagram iphone
- instagram stories camera iphone
- logout devices instagram iphone
- verify account iphone
- enter coordinates iphone
- alternate maps iphone
- find maps iphone
- instagram video iphone
- logout instagram iphone
- followers instagram iphone
- maps satellite iphone
- miles maps iphone
- address maps iphone
- favorites maps iphone
- delete google maps iphone
- traffic maps iphone
- delete maps iphone
- pin maps iphone
- post instagram iphone
- instagram stories iphone
- notifications on iphone
- instagram on iphone
- members on iphone
- history on iphone
- instagram post iphone
- stories instagram iphone
- reel on iphone
- upload youtube iphone
- history youtube iphone
- screen youtube iphone
- report channel iphone
- time youtube iphone
- playlist youtube iphone
- viewers youtube iphone
- playback speed iphone
- delete youtube iphone
- block channel youtube iphone
- data youtube iphone
- youtube recommendations iphone
- video link iphone
- video quality iphone
- comments youtube iphone
- short youtube iphone
- youtube black iphone
- youtube channel iphone
- youtube videos iphone
- disable comments iphone
- video private iphone
- comment youtube iphone
- videos offline iphone
- zoom on iphone
- data snapchat iphone
- remove snapchat iphone
- share maps iphone
- destinations maps iphone
- history snapchat iphone
- unblock snapchat iphone
- maps iphone
- maps voice iphone
- history google maps iphone
- snapchat notifications in iphone
- zoom iphone
- drag maps iphone
- directions maps iphone
- location maps iphone
- maps talk iphone
- settings maps iphone
- download maps iphone
- street view iphone
- google maps iphone
- mark read iphone
- reset settings iphone
- qr code iphone
- show battery percentage iphone
- alarm on iphone
- hdr on iphone
- call history iphone
- battery percentage iphone
- change brightness iphone
- gmail app in iphone
- rtf to pdf iphone
- rename pdf iphone
- iphone screen youtube
- birthdays snapchat iphone
- videos youtube iphone
- install gmail iphone
- account gmail app iphone
- gmail app iphone
- flip camera iphone
- automatic theme iphone
- create pdf iphone
- encrypt pdf iphone
- copy paste pdf iphone
- delete pages pdf iphone
- make pdf iphone
- merge files iphone
- snapchat video iphone
- snapchat light mode iphone
- remove contacts snapchat iphone
- record snapchat iphone
- text size snapchat iphone
- remove camera snapchat iphone
- snapchat dark mode iphone
- camera snapchat in iphone
- camera snapchat iphone
- conversations snapchat iphone
- emojis snapchat iphone
- activity instagram iphone
- remove friend snapchat iphone
- snapcode page iphone
- copy paste snapchat iphone
- filters snapchat iphone
- snapchat notifications iphone
- instagram story iphone
- instagram accounts iphone
- instagram bio iphone
- sticker snapchat iphone
- shopping history snapchat iphone
- snapchat data iphone
- chat snapchat iphone
- scan snapchat iphone
- snapchat microphone iphone
- snapchat name iphone
- snapchat username iphone
- snapchat videos iphone
- restart snapchat iphone
- update snapchat iphone
- open snapchat iphone
- microphone access snapchat iphone
- camera access snapchat iphone
- gifs snapchat iphone
- delete snapchat iphone
- memories snapchat iphone
- attach pdf iphone
- font size gmail iphone
- chat gmail iphone
- remove gmail iphone
- defaults gmail iphone
- gmail on iphone
- bcc gmail iphone
- gmail app on iphone
- block gmail iphone
- snapchat messages iphone
- cc gmail app iphone
- public profile snapchat
- update gmail app
- log out snapchat
- disable dynamic emails
- enable dynamic emails
- change mobile number gmail
- change your snapchat sound
- monitor snapchat screen time
- hide snapchat iphone
- make public profile snapchat
- hide location snapchat
- prioritize notifications gmail
- gmail app dark mode
- bin folder gmail
- format text gmail
- change mobile signature
- print e mail in gmail
- remove promotions from gmail
- remove social from gmail
- remove forums in gmail
- change notification sound
- turn off promotions
- find spam emails
- view unread emails
- convert excel to pdf
- convert .heic to pdf
- air drop pdf
- open pdf on iphone
- control f in pdf
- convert pdf to png
- convert pdf to word
- download pdf from whatsapp
- convert ppt to pdf
- unlock pdf in iphone
- compress pdf in iphone
- rotate pdf in iphone
- search pdf in iphone
- setup priority inbox
- send email to multiple
- reply to mail gmail
- search mail in gmail
- close gmail app iphone
- empty trash in gmail
- filter unread emails
- find drafts on gmail
- give all photos access
- restrict photo access
- make gmail app default
- mark emails as important
- view important mails
- forward email in gmail
- delete draft in gmail
- download attachments in gmail
- unblock email in gmail
- delete label in gmail
- make gmail app
- change account in gmail
- change profile picture
- add a signature
- add student email
- add yahoo account
- add labels in gmail
- unsubscribe in gmail app
- turn off all notifications
- view separate inboxes
- how to find your youtube channel link on iphone
- find your youtube channel
- delete youtube app
- change youtube profile picture
- turn on dark mode
- install youtube on iphone
- check contacts in google
- turn on mini player
- delete you tube video
- change you tube settings
- add thumbnail on you tube
- upload 4k video
- upload shorts on youtube
- zoom out on video
- loop video on youtube
- customize youtube channel
- create a youtube short
- change age on youtube
- copy youtube video link
- get rid you tube shorts
- pin comment on iphone
- delete drafts on iphone
- refresh instagram on iphone
- turn on vanish mode
- remove a remembered instagram
- make instagram account
- delete instagram photos
- react to instagram message
- add music on instagram
- clear instagram cache
- delete instagram messages
- recover deleted emails
- reset home screen layout
- make the text bold
- make headphones louder
- remove sim card
- inspect element on iphone
- enable grid on camera
- fax from iphone
- see your facebook followers
- delete recent contacts
- turn off night shift
- eject water from iphone
- turn off location
- turn off flashlight iphone
- turn off airplay iphone
- take screenshot on iphone
- turn off focus mode
- turn off hotspot
- take selfie on iphone
- change bluetooth name iphone
- turn off location iphone
- reset keyboard dictionary iphone
- turn off vpn iphone
- add youtube on iphone
- pip youtube on iphone
- delete youtube search iphone
- see comments youtube iphone
- how to get desktop youtube on iphone
- create youtube playlist iphone
- comment youtube video iphone
- play youtube audio iphone
- create youtube channel iphone
- upload video on iphone
- age restriction youtube iphone
- block youtube channel iphone
- clear youtube cache iphone
- add line on iphone
- speed video on iphone
- put multiple images iphone
- reply instagram message iphone
- post instagram on iphone
- instagram password on iphone
- extract audio video iphone
- change yahoo mail iphone
- turn not disturb iphone
- degree symbol on iphone
- rotate screen on iphone
- save slideshow iphone
- reverse video on iphone
- zoom out on iphone
- record iphone home button
- resize image on iphone
- dial numbers extensions iphone
- search specific words iphone
- change hotspot name iphone
- restrict instagram on iphone
- upload album instagram iphone
- drafts instagram on iphone
- resize photo on iphone
- delete instagram on iphone
- change address on iphone
- hide contacts on iphone
- turn off sim iphone
- long screenshot on iphone
- enable mms on iphone
- refresh iphone home button
- add two photos on iphone
- turn off iphone vibrations
- factory reset iphone
- force reset iphone
How to Write a Review on Google Maps iPhone
Google maps app you can write a review for any place which is there on the google maps app. Apart from the review, you can also rate that particular place out of 5 stars. But the main question is, how can we do that on google maps? Well in this article, we will see all the steps to Write a Review on Google Maps iPhone In 5 Steps. So kindly be there till the end of this article and learn to write a review.
Write a Review on Google Maps iPhone In 5 Steps
Step -1 Open Google Maps: Installing and starting the Google Maps app on your iPhone is the first thing you should do.
Step -2 Tap on Place: Once you open the Google Maps app on your device, the second step for you is to tap on the place whose review you want to write on google maps.
Step -3 Tap on Review: The third step is to tap on the review summary option as shown in the image given below in the red colored box.
Step -4 Select Starts: The next step is to Select or Rate the place out of 5 stars.
Step -5 Write And Post it: Finally, the last step is to Write your review about that place and post it.
By just following these simple 5 steps, you will be able to easily Write a Review on Google Maps iPhone.
Can I Report Speed Trap on Google Maps iPhone ?
Yes, you can definitely Report Speed Trap on Google Maps iPhone and on Android too.
How can I share my location with someone using Google Maps?
You can share your location with someone using Google Maps by opening the app and tapping on the "Share location" option. You can then decide with whom and for how long you wish to share your whereabouts.
Can I use Google Maps to plan a road trip?
Yes, you can use Google Maps to plan a road trip by entering your starting and ending points, and then selecting the route that you want to take. You can also customize your route by adding stops along the way.
How Should I Add Contact from Google Maps iPhone ?
You will have to follow these steps to Add Contact from Google Maps iPhone:
- Open Google Maps
- Tap on Place
- Tap on Number
- Go To Home & Open Phone
- Paste Number
- Tap on Create New Contact
- Finally, Tap on Done
How can I report an error on Google Maps?
You can report an error on Google Maps by clicking on the "Send feedback" button and selecting the "Report a data problem" option. From there, you can describe the error and submit your report.
Can I use Google Maps to find directions for biking or walking?
Yes, you can use Google Maps to find directions for biking or walking, as well as driving and public transportation options
This ends the article on How to Write a Review on Google Maps iPhone. Also go through each and every step. And also read the FAQs too.
Was this article helpful ?
- How to Share Live Location on Google Maps iPhone
- How to Avoid Motorways on Google Maps iPhone
- How to Enable Google Maps Location Access on iPhone
- How to Save Current Location in Google Maps iPhone
- How to Get Audio on Google Maps iPhone
- How to Change Google Maps to Spanish on iPhone
- How to Adjust Volume on Apple Maps
- How to Get Traffic on Google Maps on iPhone
- How to Disable Google Maps on iPhone
- How to Change iPhone Passcode
- More Articles...
Post Your Question
Login or signup.
- Computer Repair
- Home Services
- Pet Services
- Real Estate
- Help Center
- The Complete Guide to Customer Reviews for Small Business
- Automotive Business Reviews
- Animal Service
- (800) 949-7640
How to Write a Google Review
Ever received such amazing customer service you just couldn’t wait to tell someone about it? Sometimes you have such a great experience with a business you want to reward them any way you can. The easiest way is to show your appreciation is to write a Google review.
Other times, you have a terrible experience and want to leave a bad review to warn others to avoid that business. After all, sharing information about both positive and negative experiences is written into our DNA.
Either way, the best method to get your message out is to leave a review. There are several platforms on the internet that aggregate reviews from customers all over the internet. But as with so many services these days, the most widely used is Google reviews. Google reviews help customers make decisions about what businesses they choose to visit. Restaurants, barbershops, spas... wherever you want to go, there’s probably a Google review with a user posting their experience.
As a consumer, start making a point of checking the reviews for a business before you walk in their door. This nifty little tool will help set your expectations, and you’ll be a little more prepared about what they offer. You’ll also find the company’s contact details, opening hours and location under Google Business reviews. As a business owner, you should know how Google reviews work so you can use them to promote your business.
How do I leave a Google review?
There are two ways to use the Google review app. Don’t worry, neither are complicated, and we’ll walk you through both!
How to leave a Google review through your browser
Say you’ve come across a great business, and you’d like to write a review. Leaving a review that shows up in their Google My Business reviews is just three easy steps:
Step #1: Log into your Google account. You have to be signed in to use any Google services, and your review will show your user name and profile photo.
Step # 2: Search for the business by typing the company name in your Google search bar. The name should pop up at the top of the results. On the right-hand side of your screen, you’ll see a star rating and just beside that, the number of reviews the business already has. Click the “Google reviews” link.
When the reviews screen opens, click the button that says, “Write a review”.
Step #3: Leave your review. Rate the business from 1 to 5 stars and write a bit about your experience. The better your interaction, the greater the number of stars. The best reviews include photos!. When you’re satisfied with what you’ve written, click post and voila! Your Google review is online for the world to see.
How to leave a review with Google Maps
Sometimes, you just want to leave a quick review with your mobile phone through Google Maps. Here’s how:
Step #1: Sign in to your Google account and search for the business.
Step #3: The business details will open on the left side of your screen. To see the reviews, either click on the number of reviews or scroll down to see the full result.
Step #4: When the review screen opens, click on “Write a review.”
Step #5: Now choose the number of stars you want to give the business: The better your experience, the greater the number of stars you want to leave. One star for a bad experience and five stars for excellent ones.
Step #6: Write the details of your experience here, and add a few photos so other Googlers get an idea of what the business atmosphere is like.
Step #7: Click post, and your review of the business is available for all to see.
Google reviews will not only help you with your own purchasing decisions, they’re also a gamechanger for your business! But not every customer wants to go through the hassle of leaving a review. Those that do are typically people who have had either an excellent experience or a very negative one. Either way, to fully harness the power of Google reviews, get into the habit of asking your customers to leave you a review on Google every time you interact. Take them through the process yourself, or send them this article to help guide them through the process.
Copyright 2021 ReviewPoint - All Rights Reserved
- Help Center
- Google Maps
- Terms of Service
- Submit feedback
Learn more about Google Maps COVID-19 updates .
Tips for contributing high quality reviews & photos
Tips for writing great reviews.
Writing great reviews will increase the likelihood that your review will get published, and helps others discover the places that are just right for them. Here are a few tips:
- Be informative and insightful: Be specific and relevant to the place you’re reviewing, and describe what other visitors are likely to experience. Highlight what makes the place special, and try to share something unique and new.
- Be authentic: Review your own experience, and explain what the place was like and the service you received. Try to be as accurate as possible, and include both the positive and negative aspects of your visit.
- Be respectful: Business owners often use feedback to improve their offerings. Even if you’re frustrated, make sure your criticism is constructive. Additionally, please avoid profanity.
- Write with style: Check your spelling and grammar, and avoid excessive capitalization and punctuation. In general, a paragraph is a great length for a review.
- Avoid personal and professional information: Do not include the phone numbers or URLs of other businesses in your reviews. Additionally, do not write reviews for places where you are currently or formerly, an employee.
- Avoid general commentary: Certain locations may become the subject of larger public debate or conversation due to recent news coverage or current events. While we respect and value your opinion, Local Reviews are not meant for social or political commentary. Forums, like blogs or social networks, are much more appropriate for those types of conversations. Please write about your firsthand experience with the place and not general commentary on the place in relation to recent news.
Tips for taking a good photo
Taking good quality photos will increase the likelihood that your photo will get published, and helps others discover the places that are just right for them. Here are a few tips:
- Keep it useful: Make sure the photo is at the correct location, is not a selfie, and may help someone understand what the place you’re reviewing. Avoid submitting similar or duplicate photos.
- Take clear photos: Make sure the photo doesn’t have superimposed text on it and isn’t overly edited. Try to make sure the picture is not blurry.
Need more help?
Try these next steps:.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
- skip to Main Content
- skip to Footer
ReviewTrackers Integrates with InMoment's XI Platform To Elevate Brand Success and Customer Satisfaction Learn more
Receive regular insights, tips, and other data to help you make better business decisions and drive more revenue.
February 1, 2022
How to Create and Share a Google Reviews Link
Using a Google reviews link to get more high-quality online reviews is one of the most effective ways to improve your company’s search ranking on Google.
According to a Google help article , reviews, along with your responses to these reviews, are an important factor in determining your local search rankings. Apart from improving local SEO signals, a steady stream of fresh, highly-rated Google reviews also benefits you by:
- Improving your online reputation to attract more customers
- Providing the social proof needed to inspire consumer trust
Google reviews are particularly important marketing assets for businesses. According to customer reviews research, the buying decisions of 90% of consumers are influenced by reviews, and a majority (63%) use Google reviews before they even visit a business.
Smart marketers know how to create and share a Google review link that draws in more visitors and attracts more customers.
Before you read the rest of this blog post, make sure you have created or claimed the listings of your company’s business locations on Google My Business or GMB. (This tool has since been renamed Google Business Profile.) That way, when reviews start rolling in, you can respond quickly to your reviewers and act on their valuable feedback.
How to Create a Google Reviews Link
There are a number of ways to create a Google reviews link:
- Find the link on GMB / Google Business Profile
- Use the Place ID Finder tool
- Search manually for the link via Google Search
Take the guesswork out of your strategy. Instantly generate your brand's online Reputation Scorecard, complete with review highlights, ratings, keyword trends and more.
Downloaded the report? How to Interpret Your Reputation Score
Google Reviews Link Method 1: Find the Link on Google My Business / Google Business Profile
If your team is already using Google My Business or Google Business Profile, it should be easy to learn how to share a review link for Google.
The first step is to log into your Google Business Profile Manager. On the Home tab, look for the “Get More Reviews: Share review form” section.
Click the “Share review form” button. Your Google review link will appear. Simply click the link to copy; there should also be options for sharing the link on Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, and via email.
Google Reviews Link Method 2: Use the Place ID Finder Tool
Still in the process of claiming your Google Business Profile? You can still learn how to share a review link for Google without needing to be signed into your Profile Manager or GMB dashboard.
A Google Maps developer page features the ever-so-handy Place ID Finder tool. All you need to do is enter the name of your business location (that you’d like to ask reviews for) in the search bar.
A small text window above the business will appear on the map. This will contain a series of numbers, letters, and symbols that make up the Place ID. Copy that Place ID onto the URL below after the “placeid=” string.
For example, if your place ID on Google is 1234567ABCDE2021, then your Google reviews link will be:
Copy and save the URL, which you can then use to share with customers.
Google Review Link Method 2: Google Search
You can also simply conduct a Google search of your business. When you find your listing, click on the “Write a review” button.
When the review window pops up, copy the (quite lengthy) URL in the address bar on the top of the screen.
Pro tip: The default string of numbers, symbols, and letters doesn’t make for an attractive URL. It’s a good idea to simplify or shorten the links so that customers can easily remember them. Use a URL shortening tool like Bit.ly or Ow.ly by Hootsuite to generate shortened Google reviews links that are easier to share on social media, emails, or even receipts.
Where and How to Share a Google Review Link
Having a Google reviews link makes it easier for people to find or remember your brand, but how do you use that link effectively to get more reviews for customers in the first place?
Here are some ideas on how to share a Google review link.
Send An Email
Research shows that up to 70% of online reviews come from emails sent after the purchase. Crafting a visually appealing message with your Google reviews link can easily convince customers to provide the substantial feedback you need to attract more customers and make operational improvements.
Generate a Google Review QR Code
QR codes in business locations have become ubiquitous. You, too, can utilize this technology to generate more Google reviews for your locations. You can place or print the code on your checkout counters, receipts, post-transaction emails, and other marketing materials.
Use SMS Messaging
Mobile devices are ubiquitous in today’s digital age, and you can use them to have a direct line to any customer. Your Google reviews link reduces the overall length of your message, which is essential to quickly capturing the attention of any consumer.
Most messages are read within 3 minutes . A shortened link along with a cordial tone makes it more likely for customers to give you those valuable reviews.
If you are managing multiple business locations, you can use the Ask Tool by ReviewTrackers to create email and SMS campaigns that help generate Google reviews. The Ask Tool is extremely useful for marketers looking to automate their review generation efforts. It also includes intelligent workflow features that help you optimize results, personalize your review requests, and work in compliance with Google review policy .
Track and Respond to Every Review
Learning how to share a Google review link is almost certainly going to bring in more feedback for your business. Be sure you have a process in place for tracking this feedback and responding to reviews.
According to online reviews statistics , 80% of consumers believe that a company cares about them when someone from the management team responds to their review. Unfortunately, 63% say that a business never responds to their feedback.
Fortunately, Google My Business or Google Business Profile includes a section where you can see all the reviews posted about a listing. Your dashboard also includes a section where you can respond to these reviews. For best practices, read our guide on how to respond to negative reviews as well as positive feedback.
Deliver a Better Customer Experience with A Google Reviews Link
Even though collecting 5-star reviews on Google is a great marketing strategy, it shouldn’t be the end goal. Instead, use the information contained within each review to better understand customers, develop a strong customer experience management strategy, and inspire customer loyalty. Contact ReviewTrackers today to help you streamline your brand’s Google online review management strategy.
Get tips, tricks, and insights from the ReviewTrackers blog delivered to your inbox every week.
Posted in Reputation Management , Review Monitoring by Migs Bassig
How do you rank against competitors and the industry at-large? Let’s find out.
See where you rank
Best Practices in Brand Reputation Management
7 minute read
mail for later
Posted in Customer Acquisition , Reputation Management by Migs Bassig
Competitor insights that should impact your marketing strategy.
6 minute read
On your computer, sign in to Google Maps. Search for a place. On the left, scroll and click Write a review. To score the place, click the stars. You can also write a review. Your...
On your computer, sign in to Google Maps. Search for a place. On the left, scroll and click Write a review. To score the place, click the stars. You can also write a review. Your...
To write a Google review on the Google maps website or mobile app, follow these steps: 1. Make sure you're signed into your Google account. 2. Go to maps.google.com or open the...
How to write reviews on Google Maps and why they are needed | by Prostudio Digital Agency | Medium Write Sign up Sign In 500 Apologies, but something went wrong on our end. Refresh the page,...
Open Google Maps and make sure you're signed in. In the top left, click the Menu . Click Edit the map. Choose Your opinions about Maps. To add a screenshot with your feedback, follow the...
Open Google Maps on your Android or iPhone mobile device and type in your business name and/or address in the search bar at the top of your screen. Once your profile pops up in the bottom sheet, scroll down to the business reviews section. You can also tap on the "Reviews" tab up top.
If you're using a phone, open the place you want to review in Google Maps, then tap the star rating under "Reviews". If you're using your computer, click "Write a review" when you search for the place in Google Maps, then leave your review. Method 1 Using Google Maps on Mobile 1 Open the Google Maps app on your phone.
How do I get a Google Review Link for Google Maps In order for your customer to write a review on a Google Maps listing, they'll need a Gmail/Google account. It's not possible to write a review without one, so even if you send a Google Review Link to this customer, they won't be able to use it.
How to write a review - Google Maps Community Google Maps Help Sign in Help Center Community Google Maps Learn more about Google Maps COVID-19 updates. ©2023 Google Privacy...
Go to Google Maps. Click on the three bars in the top-left corner. Click on Your contributions from the menu. Your profile will come up. From here, click on Reviews . Find the review you want to delete or edit from the list, and click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the review. Click on Edit Review or Delete Review.
Step 4: In the left sidebar, scroll down to the review summary and click "Write a review". Cách Viết Bài Review Đánh Giá Doanh Nghiệp Trên Google Maps. Step 5: Create your review in the pop-up where you can: Add star rating. Write a comment in the text area. Upload photos.
The purpose of providing or looking at the review is to know what people or customers feel about a place or business center. Bloggers reviews a lot of items which includes mobile phones, Antivirus Softwares & other digital products. So just like any other review, on Google maps you find an option called 'Write a review' just on a place listing.
To generate a Google review link, you can simply go to your Google My Business page and click reviews. Scroll down a bit and there should be an option to generate a review request link, which is what we want! You can log into your Google My Business account at www.google.com/business.
Keep your review accessible to the broader public - don't use excessive capitalization or punctuation. Precise grammar, avoid profanity, and the big one - use a grammar checker! A short, creative, and honest paragraph will have the best impact. Follow The Guidelines When writing a review, be sure to stick to the local guide content rules.
This video shows you how to write a review for Google Maps. You may like my other videos. Just type Lsailor1 in the YouTube search bar. Like them? Subscribe ...
How to Write a Review on Google Maps iPhone: 5 Steps (with Pictures) iPhone multiple pins maps iphone mac address iphone edit video iphone print message iphone change language iphone find parking maps iphone measure distance maps iphone share route maps iphone get directions maps iphone focus mode iphone flashlight on iphone set up hotspot iphone
Here's how: Step #1: Sign in to your Google account and search for the business. Step #2: Click to open the Google Maps feature. Step #3: The business details will open on the left side of your screen. To see the reviews, either click on the number of reviews or scroll down to see the full result. Step #4: When the review screen opens, click ...
Be authentic: Review your own experience, and explain what the place was like and the service you received. Try to be as accurate as possible, and include both the positive and negative aspects...
How to Add Reviews of Places on Google Maps Google Local Guides 451K subscribers Subscribe 5.2K views 4 years ago By adding reviews on Google Maps, Local Guides help people discover...
The first step is to log into your Google Business Profile Manager. On the Home tab, look for the "Get More Reviews: Share review form" section. Click the "Share review form" button. Your Google review link will appear. Simply click the link to copy; there should also be options for sharing the link on Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, and ...