- South Africa
- Soft Skills
Top 10 report writing courses in south africa.
Planning to Report Writing Certification in South Africa?
Here is a table of Report Writing classes in South Africa along with the duration and cost of the course:
Top Report Writing Institutes in South Africa
1. IMSIMBI, Capetown
2. University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
3. BOTI, Johannesburg
4. Leading Training, Sandton
5. Alusani Skills & Training, Johannesburg
6. Nelson Mandela University, Port Elizabeth
7. Kwelanga Training, Johannesburg
8. SA Writers College, Cape town
9. LETA, Johannesburg
10. Institute of Corporate Learning, Randburg
Cost of Report Writing courses in South Africa
The cost price of the course ranges from R3699 to R8500
Duration of Report Writing courses in South Africa
The average duration of the course is 2 - 5 days or 10 weeks
Salary of a Script Writer in South Africa
The average scriptwriter salary in South Africa is R361,951 .
- Online Report Writing Courses
- Johannesburg (7)
- Pretoria (3)
- Cape Town (3)
- Port Elizabeth (2)
- East London (1)
Business Report Writing
The course enables learners to follow a process in writing texts and reports required in business.
- Price Enquire Now
- Duration 3 Days
- Contact Now
Effective Business Writing & Report Writing Skills
Effective Business Writing & Report Writing Skills course is offered by DCK Training Institute. DCK Training Institute is the only place where you can find the best customised professional skills training and development that suites your needs.
- Duration Please Enquire
Report Writing Workshop
By the end of this course you will understand the difference between writing a report and writing an essay, how to plan, prepare, write, proof read and distribute a business report, and finally be able to make the necessary changes and amendments to the report from the feedback received.
Report Writing And Meeting Preparation
Determine the who, why, what, and how of report writing. You will learn how to collect, organise, and construct information into a well-rounded report, aimed at the targeted audience.
Technical Report Writing Course
This course aims at people who need to improve their report writing skills and equip participants with the knowledge, skills and capabilities for professional technical writing.
Whether you are drafting emails to colleagues or having to provide reports for your customers or managers, this intensive training course will provide you with principles, suggestions and formats that can help you write better business documents.
Technical Report Writing
Communication is one of the most important aspects of business life – indeed of all life.
- Duration 2 Days
This skills programme is designed for the public and private sector and is aimed at individuals working in administration and who are responsible for presenting information in a report format and department and organization managers.
- Price R5160
Business Reporting Skills
Business reporting skills Course is offered by Matasolve Academy. These courses are ideal for those candidates who do not have a grade 12 qualification, but would like to enter a career path in health, development and social care fields. Learners with a grade 12 pass have an added advantage thou...
Report Writing course is offered by Academic College. The Academic College was established to address the dire training need within the Hospitality Industry; to provide a competent and skilled workforce.
Important Legal Notice: Coursetakers.com participates in Affiliate Programs and this page contains affiliate links. Coursetakers is compensated for referring users to these companies.
- Upload Your Courses
- How It Works
- Coursetakers News
- Coursetakers News - UAE
- Delivery and Refund Policy
Please login here to access account
Go ahead, click the button below to sign up
Get in touch with all the institutes, claim this institute profile.
- +27 021 813 9224
The Report Writing and Presentation Course
Price: r 7 995.00, business & grammar, report writing and presentation course, take your business report writing skills to new heights, learn how to write and present compelling, professional business reports.
The Report Writing and Presentation Course teaches you how to structure, write and verbally present a professional report. You will learn what to leave out and what to include in order to engage your readers and audience members.
This course is essential for technical specialists or managers whose career growth depends on being effective and persuasive as a business report writer.
This is an intensive course aimed at developing your career as a manager or subject matter specialist. Your employer will also benefit from your professional development.
The Report Writing and Presentation Course Gives You...
Expert, individual feedback.
Get prompt, honest, detailed feedback on every assignment from a professional writer. We focus on your unique writing strengths.
No Peer Reviews!
You will only be assessed by your tutor, an expert in their field. No more guessing and wondering how to write; you'll be guided line by line.
No Automated Marking
We use traditional methods of assessing work, as editors at publishing houses would. No generic feedback!
A Flexible Schedule
Work wherever and whenever you want to. You can easily fit our courses around work and other commitments.
Relevant, Usable Content
Easy-to-digest course notes that capture a lifetime of writing experience, ready for you to apply to your own writing.
Your writing is assessed continuously as your course progresses.
Discover How to Write Reports With Ease
Impress your team with your clear and persuasive reports.
This online writing course consists of five modules. Each module has a practical component.
At the end of the course, a verbal presentation must be made. This has to be done in a work environment and be peer and/or line manager evaluated.
You will plan and create a persuasive presentation and learn how to respond appropriately and effectively to critical questions. In addition, you will learn how to self-evaluate and take evaluative comments from line managers and colleagues on board in order to continuously improve your skills.
On this course, you will:
- create a strategy based on proven theories and techniques
- plan, organise and write an effective report in good business English
- edit your work effectively
- deliver a convincing verbal report
- present your written report in a visually attractive way
- tie up the loose ends and submit your report
'I was extremely happy with all the materials and course content. Susan is a wonderful lecturer: her feedback was always constructive, informative, kind and insightful. She is also very approachable, open and supportive. She is absolutely the best. I learnt more than I ever dreamed I would.'
Theresa de beer, course overview, start your course at any time – applications open all year round., price includes vat, other currencies will be converted at time of invoice, number of assignments, the assignments vary in length., number of modules, these modules include around 200 pages of course notes., course duration, work at your own pace – up to a maximum of eight months., start date: anytime, working with an individual tutor means you can start the course at any time., admission requirements:, basic writing skills are essential. computer skills, e-mail and internet access required. no previous tertiary qualification required..
Tutor for this course
Susan Williams is the founder and managing director of Prose&Coms, an innovative communications company specialising in corporate publications, training and storytelling for strategic, motivational and therapeutic purposes.
She holds a BA degree with a specialisation in Languages and Philosophy, two BA Honours degrees in Philosophy and Applied Linguistics and a Postgraduate Diploma in Education.
With a strong background in education and vast experience working at multinational corporations, Susan consults and offers services in her areas of expertise. Since starting her business in 2000, she has been contracted to manage numerous group publishing projects with international distribution. In addition, she has first-hand experience in developing corporate and technical training video scripts and presentations, as well as superb induction and other internal/public training programmes.
Susan tutors the Report Writing and Presentation Course, the Write Better Letters Course, the Write Better Newsletters Course and the Writing Coach Course.
Communication Theory and Technique
- Understand the elements of effective and persuasive communication
- Create a report writing strategy
- Plan for a varied audience
- Research and list legislation and policies
- Writing assignments
Plan and Structure: Writing With Purpose
- Understand the attributes and properties of reports
- Follow a process to plan, organise and structure a report
- Analyse and evaluate a workplace report
The Writing and Editing Process
- Apply a seven-step process to collect, collate and complete a business report
- Use correct grammar and punctuation to avoid common writing errors in writing a report
- Create a professional, readable and visually attractive report
- Follow a three-step editing process
From Written Report to Verbal Presentation
- Understand the cornerstones of a presentation
- Define the various purposes of presentations and plan the correct structure
- Gather, analyse, organise and deliver technical information meaningfully
- Use rhetorical devices and elements of persuasion to engage your audience
Practical Presentation and Evaluation Techniques
- Effective presentation skills (wow your audience)
- Use presentation software effectively
- Think on your feet and respond to questions effortlessly
- Use techniques to overcome common speech and presentation problems
- Apply critical thinking and evaluation techniques to continuously improve your presentations
What Our Students Say
Get these additional benefits, lifetime course access.
Benefit from free lifetime access to future course updates and access to our writing resources.
Join a Community of Writers
You will have access to our friendly Facebook community, daily writing tips and writing inspiration.
500+ Bonus Articles on Our Blog
A superb, constantly updated resource with articles on writing and interviews with writers.
Work at Your Own Pace
Our courses work around you. You can pace your course around your busy life.
Top students are invited to join our writers and editors for hire service.
Be the First to Know About Writing Competitions
We'll help you keep up to date with the latest competition announcements
Risk-Free 100% Money-Back Guarantee
We are so confident that you will love your course that if you’re not 100% satisfied with the quality of our training, simply ask for a refund within 30 days., complete the application form to enrol on the report writing and presentation course, you will receive an approval email and invoice within one working day..
*If the application form doesn’t submit, please contact admin and we’ll assist you.
Questions? We've Got Answers
Detailed course notes covering the content of each module will be emailed to you. At the end of each module, you will be required to complete one or two writing exercises. Once the writing assignment has been completed and emailed to your tutor, you will receive an assessment and feedback, and the module will be considered complete.
Absolutely. You have direct communication with your tutor for the duration of the course. The more questions you ask, the more you will get out of the course.
You will get lifetime access to the course, and you’ll benefit from all future updates and improvements to the course.
For the majority of our courses, only your tutor will see your work. Your work will remain completely private unless you get it published. In the journalism courses, your work might be published in the public domain, but you do have the final say as to whether or not it is published.
You will receive a Writers College Certificate upon successful completion of the course, provided you meet the following conditions:
You must have completed all writing assignments.
The course must have been completed within eight months of registration.
A minimum average of 50% must be achieved.
- Good writing skills are essential.
- You will need feedback from peers or management for your written report and verbal presentation.
- Computer skills as well as email and Internet access are required.
- No previous tertiary qualification is required.
Because you will work with an individual tutor, you can apply for a course and start as soon as you want to. There are no specific start dates as would be the case with a traditional college.
An application is usually approved within one working day. Once we see proof of payment, your course will start.
You could be starting your course today!
Reading time: 5 hours
Writing time: Up to 40 hours
Research time: Up to 20 hours, depending on the complexity of your report topic
Once your application has been approved, you will receive notice of approval and an invoice via email. As soon as we see proof of payment, you will receive the first module. We will also send you your tutor’s email address and your login details. Your tutor will also be in touch to welcome you.
Any work you create on our courses is owned by you. We will never make a claim to anything you produce. We follow the rule that copyright subsists with the creator (you).
Got More Questions?
If within seven days of starting your course you are not happy on your course, we can either transfer you to a different course or provide a full refund.
If you request a refund after seven days and before 30 days we will charge a 5% administrative fee, as well as any bank fees and tutor fees already incurred.
We do not offer a refund after 30 days on the course.
How can we help?
We would love to chat to you if you have any questions about our courses. if you need advice about the best course for you, drop us a line or email us at [email protected] we look forward to hearing from you..
Accredited for 80 short courses and 8 Learnerships
Unleashing your potential
BBBEE Level 1 Company, with 51% Black Ownership
All Imsimbi courses are available online
Trained 90,000 delegates in 15 years
Advanced Report Writing Course
This course is accredited by the Services Seta and the material covers unit standard 110023 at NQF level 4 worth 6 credits
This four day workshop is intended to help you do the writing your job demands. If you are a manager at any level in business, government, or industry, you must write reports. Whether you want to or not, you write to explain things, to smooth relationships and to convince others of the value of some course of action. Writing must be clear, concise, complete, and correct. It must also convey your message in a courteous tone. The workshop will help you to identify the range of this kind of writing, the forms it takes, and the persuasive techniques it requires.When you have completed this course you will be able to define the key concepts associated with Advanced Report Writing and you will be able to: Identify the main obstacles to effective Report Writing and how to avoid them; Understand the nature of a Technical Report and Project Report; Write from the perspective of the writer and the reader.
Upon completion of this course, the participants should be able to:
- To learn the value of good written communications
- To prepare reports and proposals that inform, persuade, and provide information
- To learn how to proofread your work so you are confident it is clear, concise, complete, and correct
- To provide an opportunity to apply these skills in real work applications
Understand a range of tools and techniques for Advanced Report Writing:
- Use these techniques to build an effective process that can be used to deliver professional results on a consistent basis from Report Writing activity
- Explain the benefits of having an effective Report Writing process in the Organization
Technical reports may be required for a number of reasons such as:
- Detailing activities and results associated with investigating a customer complaint
- Proving that a particular process or product has been validated and meets specifications
- Providing reference material as part of a development project
The value of reports may be that they provide:
- Reference materials that form part of the knowledge bank of the organization
- Documentary evidence of investigation or validation of products and processes
Reports are only of value if they are:
- Based on fact
- Compiled by people who are competent
Advanced Report Writing should have:
- Data & Information
- Information Uses
- Information Mapping
Apply total quality principles to writing Reports:
- Quality is conformance to requirements
- The goal is to achieve zero defects
- The cost of quality is the expense of doing it wrong
- The motto is - "do it right first time"
There are five levels of report writing processes:
- A robust process is in place and managed
- A sound process is in place and is being refined - training is on-going
- A process is taking place but not always enforced
- Little or no coordination of report writing
- Reports are written by whoever has time
Data and Information:
- Raw data must be gathered
- Raw data is essentially useless in a report
- Raw data has to be translated into information
- Increased knowledge
- Increased understanding
- Increased usefulness
- Planning activities
- Monitoring activities
- Controlling activities
Information mapping is designed to allow the information to be presented in its most useful format
- Key areas - purpose, audience needs, information types
- To create an overall structure based on results of the analysis
- To format the information to make it accessible to the intended audience; this involves some translation
- Advanced Report Writing skills
- The functions of communication
- Barriers to effective communication
- Advanced Report writing skills - Sentences; tips on joining words and punctuation
- Some common report writing faults to avoid
- Writing good paragraphs
- Transitions and ordering the parts
- Overcoming writer's block: subjectivity; objectivity and bias
- Mapping your business process for effective communication and report writing
- Data collection and analysis for report writing
- Writing of: project proposals and technical reports
- Project progress report template
- Revising and editing
- Writing and improving the quality of business and technical reports.
- Compile technical reports ensuring content and format are appropriate.
- Discuss the focus of the report - deciding on correct content.
- Meeting reporting deadlines.
- How to select, format, structure and layout reports: including headings, bullets and numbering.
- Ensure the document sequence is logical and meaningful.
- How to present information differently: text, graphs, tables, flow charts and diagrams.
- Organising and structuring a technical text appropriately.
- Presenting the same information in different ways.
- Technical reports
- General reports
- Report checklists
- Topic or subject matter
- Purpose of the report
- Scope of the report
- Section identification systems
- Table of contents
- Stages of report production
- Checklist for editing our work
- Appendix: homophones and parts of speech
- Why Imsimbi
- Make a Booking
- Social Responsibility
- Self Mastery
- Other Services
- Training Courses
- Kwazulu Natal
- Western Cape
- South African Clients
- International Clients
To supply the learners with the necessary knowledge and confidence, enabling them to conduct professional and accurate report writing in the work place. This workshop does not cover English language teaching at all but rather formal layout and formatting and the logical presentation of data. It is essential for all management as well as field staff and/or health and safety representatives that will have to present reports.
Successful organisations have recognised the importance of good report writing enabling clear communications, clear requests and easy referencing. Report writing differs from business writing in that the grammatical style, general format and graphic presentation aspect plays a big role in ensuring clarity of reporting and enhances referencing capability.
Call Us - 0861 996 660
Book for next workshop
The Staff Training workshop listed here is one which has been compiled for maximum organisational outcome, however, SETA alternatives are available
Info on Other Workshops
- Public Courses
Professional Report Writing Skills Training
Write on……, course introduction, don’t be scared of writing…anyone can write clearly and easily with our professional report writing skills training..
This course is designed for individuals who need to present information in report format.
In today’s world a number of important decisions are made on the strength of reports. H oning your business writing skills can have a positive impact on your career not to mention that estabblishing effective channels of communication can enhance productivity within the organization. Professional quality writing improves productivity and the ability of all functional areas to work together, particularly in an increasingly global workplace where collaboration is the norm.
Key outcomes of this course include:
- The regular reports are identified for a selected organisation.
- The information needs of the organisation are linked to the purpose of each identified report.
- A template is drawn up for each report in the company specific format including the mandatory content headings.
- Identify information sources and organisational procedures for obtaining and distributing information.
- List each report and the information sources required for input to the report.
- Draw up list of each information source, from whom it is obtainable, when it is available, its level of confidentiality, and to whom it should be returned.
- Compile reports related to a selected business function. The identified reports are compiled using current information. The created templates are used to write the reports and any necessary modifications are made and noted, to ensure compliance with business requirements. Possible amendments to reports are made in line with suggestions from recipients.
This course has a strong focus on an outcomes based approach and is presented to encourage group participation and involvement. Key mechanisms used include:
- Practical relevant Exercises
- Speeches and Presentations
- Team sessions
- Practical Demonstrations
- Discussions and
- Case examples
All delegates will receive.
- Material, refreshments (lunch, tea),
- Memory stick (with relevant tools and models that can be easily accessed when applied back at work) (Reception and telephone etiquette Training Course)
Professional Report Writing Skills Training Course is an essential skill.
Business Writing Quiz
0 of 10 questions completed
For a free quiz of your knowledge- click below:
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, ( 0 )
- Question - Business Writing 0%
1 . Question
Why are writing skills important in business?
- A report, proposal or email that doesn’t have the correct grammar, spelling and punctuation doesn’t look professional and makes the author look incompetent.
- These skills are important to learn because so many people battle with writing in specific and language in general.
- Poor writing skills increase the potential for error in processes to a rate that is not acceptable.
- All of the above.
- None of the above.
2 . Question
What are the basic concepts of writing?
- Style, presence and elocution.
- Paragraphs, sentences and descriptive words.
- Verbs, tenses and nouns.
- Grammar, spelling and punctuation.
3 . Question
There are four types of sentences – true or false?
4 . Question
What makes a proper paragraph?
- It contains one point of a subject or one idea.
- It follows on from the previous paragraph and introduces the next paragraph.
- It contains a topic sentence, a supporting sentence and a closing sentence.
- It is clear and focused and words are used effectively and economically.
5 . Question
What is the structure of a proper email?
- Acronyms may be used in emails.
- Make use of the ‘Cc’ field and ‘Bcc’ field when appropriate, keep writing style formal.
- Text style is allowed only in emails to your department.
- Capitalise important emails.
6 . Question
The format of a business letter depends on –
- Your relationship with the client.
- Whether the person is senior to you.
- The confidentiality of the subject.
- None of the above.
7 . Question
What is the proper structure of a proposal?
- Company overview.
- Needs assessment.
- Scope of services.
- Contact details.
8 . Question
Business reports are written to provide a written record of promotions or demotions – true or false?
9 . Question
What is proofreading?
- Checking spelling.
- Checking grammar.
- Checking punctuation.
- Checking for mistakes.
10 . Question
How can peer review help?
- Peers can assess how others will see the work.
- Peer review is always cheaper than an editor.
- Peer review is always more honest than a publisher.
Public Course Schedule and Costs
Please click on link below for our closely linked public course:
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Customized Courses – Book or Obtain Instant Quote
We also offer the above course across the country: Anytime, Anywhere. Click on the link to get an instant proposal or book your course NOW:
Or alternatively click on the button below to view our full Public Course Calendar of close to 100 events:
Please Phone Us Now To Speak to One of Our Friendly Consultants
Tel:011-882-8853, for cell phones click to call, please email us now – we will get back to you within 15 minutes, [email protected].
200 companies requested a proposal last month
- We are a diverse and dynamic team of passionate training specialists who believe that self-betterment and additive education are transformative elements that can help people realise their full potential. We are in the constant pursuit of excellence and proud of our authentic BBEEE roots. We want to work with companies who share our vision. Learn More
Please Contact Us Now - We Will Respond in 15 Minutes
- Human Resources
- Leadership & Management
- RPL & Learnerships
- Sales & Client Service
- Soft Skills
- Software & IT
- Evaluate and improve the project team’s performance
- Apply the organisation’s code of conduct in a work environment
- Taking charge as a Team Leader in achieving company goals
- Employ a systematic approach to achieving objectives
- Apply basic business ethics in a work environment
- Apply basic skills of customer service
- Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal and community life
- Monitor and control office supplies
- Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business, national and international issues (Generic Management)
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS in a workplace, and its effects on a business sub-sector, own organisation and a specific workplace (Generic Management)
- Tender to secure business for a new venture
- Behave in a professional manner in a business environment
- Engage in directed planning behaviour
- Mastering Asset and Inventory Management
- Describe and assist in the control of fraud in an office environment
- Developing your Interpersonal Skills to Effectively Resolve Conflict
- Professional Receptionist Training
- Key Negotiation Skills
- Select and coach first line managers (Generic Management)
- Manage service providers in a selected organization (Business Administration Services)
- Present information in report format (Business Administration Services)
- Call Centre Training
- Business Writing Skills for Function and Purpose
- Organizational Ethics & Conduct Training
- Finance For Non Finance Managers
- Mastering Service Level Agreements and Contracts
- Master Effective Business Communication & Presentation Skills
- Office Administration Course – Mastering Data & Records Management
- Taking charge as a Leader & Closing the Gap between Specialist and Manager
- Slick and Confident Telephone Management Techniques
- Essential Time Management Skills
- Business Communication Strategies: verbal/non-verbal and written
- Events Management Expertise
- Build Winning Teams to Achieve Company Objectives
- Creating High Performing Teams through Performance Management
- Empower yourself with Essential Conflict Management Skills
- Effectively Manage Human Resources & Labour Relations
- Adding value in Managing a Diverse Workforce
- Monitoring Individual Performance to create High Functioning teams
- Chairing a Meeting with Confidence & Keeping Good Minutes
- Conquering Risk Management Course
- MS Outlook for Beginners
- Creating Spectacular Graphs & Charts With Excel
- MS Word for Beginners
- Solving Problems With Excel (Excel Part 2)
- MS Office Power Course (Intoduction, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- MS Excel For Beginners – Accredited
- MS Outlook for Beginners – Accredited
- Excel Combo – Beginners to Graphs and Problem Solving
- MS PowerPoint for Beginners
- Powerful Project Management Course (as a project team member) – Accredited Course
- Creative Problem Solving and critical thinking course
- National Certificate: Information Technology: End User Computing
- Apply the principles of corporate governance and ethics in a function
- Train the Trainer (Facilitator Training) : Become an expert at training future experts
- Assessor Skills Training Course
- Moderator Skills Training Course
- Skills Development Facilitator (SDF) Training Course
- Communicate in ETDP Settings Training Course
- Learner Support and Guidance Training Course
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills Training Course
- Design and Develop Effective Learning Material Training Course
- Certified Facilitator Training Course
- Load Shedding Training
- Learn & Master Excel Now – Online Course
- Essentials of Business Management Course
- Public Finance Management Training Course Course
- Basic Bookkeeping Course
- Budgets And Financial Reports Course
- Collaborative Business Writing Training
- Digital Citizenship Course
- Executive and Personal Assistants Course
- Organizational Skills Course
- Proposal Writing Training – BOTi Essential Course
- Cyber security Course
- Contract Management Course
Human Resources Course
- Employment Equity Fundamentals Training Course Course
- Developing a Lunch and Learn Course
- Employee Motivation Course
- Employee Onboarding Course
- Employee Recognition Course
- Facilitation Skills Training Course
- Generation Gaps Course
- Health and Wellness at Work Training
- Hiring Strategies Course
- Human Resource Management Course
- Millennial Onboarding Course
- Safety In The Workplace Course
- Social Learning Course
- Talent Management Course
- Work-Life Balance Course
- Workplace Harassment Course
- Workplace Violence Course
- Life coaching essentials Course
Leadership & Management Courses
- Being A Likeable Boss Training
- Business Succession Planning Course
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training Course
- Developing Corporate Behavior Course
- Developing New Managers Course
- Leadership And Influence Course
- Manager Management Course
- Middle Manager Course
- Office Politics For Managers Course
- Personal Branding Course
- Personal Productivity Course
- Public Speaking Training
- Team Building For Managers Course
- Teamwork And Team Building Course
- Virtual Team Building And Management Course
- Leadership and People Management (3 Days) Course
- Leadership and People management (5 Days) Course
- Servant leadership Course
RPL & Learnerships Courses
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Project Management
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Business Administration Services
- Further Education and Training Certificate: New Venture Creation
- General Education and Training Certificate: Business Practice
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Generic Management
- Qualification Title: National Certificate: Business Administration Services
- National Certificate: Business Administration Services
- Qualification Title: National Certificate: New Venture Creation (SMME)
- Qualification Title: National Certificate: Management – NQF Level 3
- Qualification Title: National Certificate: Generic Management
- National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices
Sales & Client Service courses
- Sales Team Management Training Course
- Professional Selling Over the Phone Training Course Course
- Sales Skilled: Advanced Training Course
- Sales Skills: Basic Training Course
- Creating a Great Webinar Course
- Handling a Difficult Customer Course
- Internet Marketing Fundamentals Course
- Marketing Basics Course
- Media And Public Relations Course – BOTi Essential Course
- Motivating Your Sales Team Course
- Overcoming Sales Objections Course
- Sales Fundamentals Course
- Telework And Telecommuting Course
- Trade Show Staff Training Course
- Coaching Sales People Course
- Top Ten Sales secrets Course
- Customer Support Course
- Customer Service Excellence Course – Accredited
Soft Skills Courses
- Developing Positive Assertiveness Training Course
- Win With Emotional Intelligence Training Course
- 10 Soft Skills You Need Course
- Anger Management Course
- Appreciative Inquiry Course
- Assertiveness And Self-Confidence Course
- Attention Management Course
- Body Language Basics Course
- Change Management Course
- Civility In The Workplace Course
- Coaching And Mentoring Course
- Delivering Constructive Criticism Course
- Managing Workplace Anxiety Course
- Goal Setting and Getting Things Done Course
- Improving Mindfulness Course
- Increasing Your Happiness Course
- Presentation Skills Training
- Social Intelligence Course
- Taking Initiative Course
Software & IT Courses
- Writing Excel Macros with VBA Course
- Microsoft Project Management 2013 Part 1 & Part 2 Course
- Microsoft Office Word 2010 or 2013 Beginners Course
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 or 2013 Beginners Course
- Configuring and Administering Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 (MS Course no. 10174B and support for exam no. 70-667) Course
- Designing a Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 Infrastructure (MS Course no. 10231B and support for exam no. 70-668) Course
- Microsoft Access 2010 Beginners Course
- Microsoft Access 2010 Intermediate Course
- Microsoft Access 2010 Advanced Course
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 or 2013 Beginners Course
- Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables Course
- Programming in C# (MS Course no. 20483A ) Course
- Microsoft Office All-In-One Course
- Microsoft Publisher 2010 Beginners Course
- Microsoft Publisher 2010 Advanced Course
- Administering SQL Server Databases 2012 Course
- Learn Microsoft Visual Basic 2012 Course
- Managing a Drawing Office Training – BOTi Essential Course
- Autodesk Inventor Essentials Course
- Autodesk Inventor Advanced Course
- Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials Course
- Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials Course
- Sage Pastel Introduction to Bookkeeping Fundamentals Course
- Sage Pastel Partner 14 Intermediate Course
- Sage Pastel Partner 14 Advanced Course
- Sage Pastel Payroll Administration Course
- Improve Your Typing Skills Course
- Web Design_HTML & CSS Beginners Course
- Web Design_HTML & CSS Advanced Course
- Web Design_ HTML & CSS Bundle (Level 1&2) Course
- Ms Office Excel Beginners 2013 Saturd Training Course Course
- Ms Office Excel Intermediate 2013 Sat Training Course
- Ms Office Excel Advanced 2013 Saturday Training Course
- Access 2013 Advanced Course
- Access 2013 Essentials Course
- Access 2013 Expert Course
- Advanced excel courses Durban, Microsoft Excel Training Course Durban, Johannesburg, Cape Town
- Excel Advanced Course (MS Office 365)
- Excel 2013 Essentials Course
- Excel Training Courses Pretoria / Advanced excel course Pretoria, Jhb, Cpt Expert Course
- Outlook 2010 Expert Course
- Outlook 2013 Advanced Course
- Outlook 2013 Essentials Course
- Outlook 2013 Expert Course
- Outlook 365 Essentials Course
- PowerPoint 2013 Expert Course
- Project 2010 Advanced Course
- Project 2010 Essentials Course
- Project 2010 Expert Course
- SharePoint 365 Essentials Course
- PowerPoint 2013 Advanced Course
- PowerPoint 2013 Essentials Course
- SharePoint Designer 2010 Essentials Course
- Visio 2010 Advanced Course
- Visio 2010 Essentials Course
- Word 2013 Advanced Course
- Word 2013 Essentials Course
- Word 2013 Expert Course
- Microsoft Power BI Basics Training Course
- Python short course in South Africa
- Java Short Course in South Africa
- Graphic Design Fundamentals Training
- Prepare for the 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR) in South Africa
- The Consumer Protection Act Fundamentals Training Course Course
- Black Economic Empowerment Fundamentals Training Course Course
- Lean Process and Six Sigma Training
- Procurement Supply Chain Management Training
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Course
- Knowledge Management Course
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Course
- Clone of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Course
- Entrepreneurship Training Course
- Measuring Results From Training Course
- Crisis Management Course
Copyright text 2020 by Business Optimization Training Institute. - Designed by | Powered by
Now For A Free Invitation to Work With South Africa’s Leading Training Company
Free Training & Career Tips ... Subscribe to Get Weekly Career Tips
- Starting with Free Ebook on Focusing
- Weekly Special & Useful Training Information
By Subscribing You are Agreeing to Terms and Conditions
Professional Communication Studies
- EBE Faculty Website
Effective communication through the written word is a process: to convey a message simply and clearly. A writer must develop a variety of skills to communicate original thought effectively.
Writing Skills Learn the fundamentals of clear writing in this basic course on professional communication. The course will concentrate on writing skills such as:
- Formal style and language skills
- Length of sentences and paragraphs
- Discourse structure
- Planning and organization of material
- Logical ordering and coherence
- Readability and presentation
Business Proposals, Responses to Tenders and Business Plans Business proposals, responses to tenders and business plans are all forms of persuasive messages. They aim to persuade the reader to accept the proposed action or to commit money and resources. Credibility and professionalism are vital when planning these business documents.
The course covers the following areas:
- Requested and non-requested proposals
- Understanding the tender process
- Structure of business proposals or plans
- Punchy executive summaries
- Core and elective elements
- Editing and style considerations
Professional Report Writing Enhance and develop your report-writing skills by improving your understanding of essential report components. The style of a report must be simple and easy to understand and the technical or financial content should never obscure the essential message. Since the writer of a report is rarely present when it is read, professional reports must convey information that is clearly presented, accurate and unambiguous.
Courses focus on a combination of the following key elements:
- Understanding your terms of reference
- Audience, purpose and planning
- Report structure and logic
- Writing style and formality
- Accuracy, clarity and simplicity
- Integration of graphics
- Effective introductions and conclusions
Correspondence and CVs Avoid confusion in the business environment by learning to write professionally, accurately and clearly. Courses focus on a combination of the following key elements:
- Agendas and Minutes
- CVs and Letters of Application (on request)
Proposal and Report Writing
On-site (in-class max 6 students) .
This course will focus on developing the language skills necessary for the specific work environment, covering the important aspects of English and communications skills whereas the main emphasis will be put into report writing and proposal development – structure, articulation and organisation.
Further, this course will enable the student to increase his/her vocabulary, to articulate more aptly and communicate more effectively.
The student would be better able to produce
– clear and concise emails,
– a succinct and lucid Executive Summary
– skills on how to write technical reports clearly and concisely
– knowledge on how to logically organise information
Special attention will be given to skills such as:-
– Enunciation and paraphrasing in formal correspondence and develop an understanding of the basic concepts of effective proposal writing.
Additional assignments will be given to the student in order to strengthen their acquired skills during the course. Assessments will be conducted to provide concrete feedback that helps identify key skills focus areas.
We will devise a personalised curriculum to ensure that all learning aims and objectives are achieved. This bespoke lesson module would entail activities ranging from discussions around work functions, tasks and on-the-job real-life scenarios.
Please note that LETA also offers customised training courses for individuals and packages for company groups.
- 24. February 2023 | 16:00 – 19:00
- 31. March 2023 | 16:00 – 19:00
- 28. April 2023 | 16:00 – 19:00
- 29. July 2023 | 16:00 – 16:00 – 19:00
- 30. September 2023 | 16:00 – 19:00
- 3 hours per Session
- 16:00 – 19:00
- One class per week on Friday
Price: 3 699,00 Rand
We offer a range of English classes for adults at our specialist centre in Johannesburg.
Johannesburg centre, modern language center.
Our Happy Clients Include:
PeopleCert, on behalf of Axelos
- Onsite training
The Knowledge Center
- Log a ticket
+27 800 780004 Available 24/7
What are you looking for?
Sorry looks like we are having trouble finding the course you’re looking for..
We may not have the course you’re looking for. If you enquire or give us a call on +27 800 780004 and speak to our training experts, we may still be able to help with your training requirements.
Or select from our popular topics
- Lean Six Sigma
- Business Analysis
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Excel & Certification Course
- Microsoft Project
- Software Testing
- Change Management
Press esc to close
Talk to a learning expert
Fill out your contact details below and our training experts will be in touch.
Fill out your contact details below
WHO WILL BE FUNDING THE COURSE?
By submitting your details you agree to be contacted in order to respond to your enquiry
Thank you for your enquiry!
One of our training experts will be in touch shortly to go over your training requirements.
Back to Course Information
Fill out your contact details below so we can get in touch with you regarding your training requirements.
* WHO WILL BE FUNDING THE COURSE?
Preferred Contact Method
Back to course information
Fill out your training details below
Fill out your training details below so we have a better idea of what your training requirements are.
HOW MANY DELEGATES NEED TRAINING?
HOW DO YOU WANT THE COURSE DELIVERED?
- Online Instructor-led
- Online Self-paced
WHEN WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
Next 2 - 4 months
WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR ENQUIRING?
Looking for some information
Looking for a discount
I want to book but have questions
One of our training experts will be in touch shortly to go overy your training requirements.
Report Writing Training - South Africa
- Acquire skills to organise the material and prioritise the information
- Become familiarised with the report writing style
- Understand the process of editing and proofing the report content
- Course syllabus
- Who it’s for
- What’s included
- Why choose this course
Report Writing Training Course Outline
Preparation for Report Writing
- Setting your Objectives
- Thinking about the Reader
- Obtaining the Information
Planning the Report
- Prioritising the Information
- Structuring your Material
- Sequencing your Material
Writing the Report
- Accuracy, Brevity and Clarity
- Writing Style
- Using Illustrations
- Presentation, Format and Layout
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.
This course is designed for anyone who wants to develop their report writing skills.
Report Writing Training Course Overview
Report writing is creating a description and statement which explains in detail an event, situation, and occurrence as the result of observation or inquiry. It is a formal style of writing elaborately on a topic and consists of different types of reports.
This 1-day Report Writing Training will provide delegates with the necessary knowledge and skills required for presenting information interestingly and professionally. In this course, delegates will learn how they can effectively plan and write the reports with accuracy in their organisation. This training will cover these concepts:
- Identify the purpose of their reports
- Structuring material to plan the report
- Accuracy, brevity and clarity in writing report
- Presentation, format and layout in writing report
- Preparation for report writing
In the end, delegates will learn a range of report writing formats which adapt to their needs.
- Delegate pack consisting of course notes and exercises
- Experienced Instructor
Why choose us
Ways to take this course.
Our easy to use Virtual platform allows you to sit the course from home with a live instructor. You will follow the same schedule as the classroom course, and will be able to interact with the trainer and other delegates.
- See trainer’s screen
- Recording & transcripts
- Virtual whiteboard
- Share documents
- Works on all devices
Our fully interactive online training platform is compatible across all devices and can be accessed from anywhere, at any time. All our online courses come with a standard 90 days access that can be extended upon request. Our expert trainers are constantly on hand to help you with any questions which may arise.
- Certificates provided online
- Get immediate access on purchase
This is our most popular style of learning. We run courses in 1200 locations, across 200 countries in one of our hand-picked training venues, providing the all important ‘human touch’ which may be missed in other learning styles.
Highly experienced trainers
All our trainers are highly qualified, have 10+ years of real-world experience and will provide you with an engaging learning experience.
State of the art training venues
We only use the highest standard of learning facilities to make sure your experience is as comfortable and distraction-free as possible
Small class sizes
We limit our class sizes to promote better discussion and ensuring everyone has a personalized experience
Great value for money
Get more bang for your buck! If you find your chosen course cheaper elsewhere, we’ll match it!
This is the same great training as our classroom learning but carried out at your own business premises. This is the perfect option for larger scale training requirements and means less time away from the office.
Tailored learning experience
Our courses can be adapted to meet your individual project or business requirements regardless of scope.
Maximise your training budget
Cut unnecessary costs and focus your entire budget on what really matters, the training.
Team building opportunity
This gives your team a great opportunity to come together, bond, and discuss, which you may not get in a standard classroom setting.
Monitor employees progress
Keep track of your employees’ progression and performance in your own workspace.
Some of our worldclass trainers
Title, job roles, etc
Retro occupy organic, stumptown shabby chic pour-over roof party DIY normcore. Actually artisan organic occupy, Wes Anderson ugh whatever pour-over gastropub selvage.
What our customers are saying
Report writing training faqs, what is report writing, what are the pre-requisites, who should attend this course, what are the various types of report writing, what is the duration of this course, what is the cost/training fees for report writing training certification in south africa, which is the best training institute/provider of report writing training in south africa, what are the best personal development training courses in south africa.
Best price in the industry
You won't find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
Many delivery methods
Flexible delivery methods are available depending on your learning style.
High quality resources
Resources are included for a comprehensive learning experience.
"Really good course and well organised. Trainer was great with a sense of humour - his experience allowed a free flowing course, structured to help you gain as much information & relevant experience whilst helping prepare you for the exam"
Joshua Davies, Thames Water
"...the trainer for this course was excellent. I would definitely recommend (and already have) this course to others."
Diane Gray, Shell
Looking for more information on personal development training.
- Upcoming classes
- Package deals
SELECT AN UPCOMING CLASS View all package deals
Complete Contract Management Package
Contract Management Training R26995
Contract Negotiation Training R17995
Report Writing Training R17995
Total without package: R62985
Package price: R37795 (Save R25190)
Best price guaranteed!
Your privacy & cookies!
Technical Report Writing – Virtual CPD Course
This Course is Validated By:
- 2 Cpd Points – ECSA
- 12 Cpd Hours – SACPCMP
Who is this course for?
This course is for delegates who want to learn how to apply easy writing techniques that will reduce their report writing time and will improve the quality of their writing.
Duration: 2 Day
Price: R4999 Per Delegate
Platform: Zoom Meeting
This Course Includes:
- Course Manual
- Cpd Certificate
Delegates will learn to write technical reports that serve the purpose of providing clearly understandable information for readers. They will also learn and apply easy writing techniques that will reduce their report writing time, and will improve the quality of their writing.
Learning objectives for Technical Writing for Engineers and Technicians Workshop:
- Appreciating the value of good written communications
- Understanding the purpose of technical reports
- Learning and applying the principles of good grammar
- Understanding the principles of clear, concise and correct writing
- Learning to deliver prepared reports and proposals that inform, persuade, and provide information
- Delivering clearly understandable written data
- Learning how to proofread work so that writers are confident that the final product satisfies the needs of the reader
- Providing the opportunity to apply these skills in the workshop
This workshop will cover the following:
- Understanding the reason for accurate Technical Writing
- The accepted structure of reports
- The qualities of a good technical report
- The information that should be provided in a report
- The PSA methodology (Problem, Action, Solution)
- Brain profiling to understand strengths and areas of development in writing
- The ingredients for a good report; the 3c’s of writing – Clear, Concise and Correct
- Creating a system for accurate writing
- Relearning the parts of speech in an easy way
- Improving writing
- Understanding PAFEO (Purpose, Audience, Format, Evidence and Organisation)
- Applying PAFEO
- The rules of good grammar
- Using punctuation correctly
- Creating good sentences and paragraphs
- Eliminating wordiness
- How to use, insert and correctly annotate graphs, charts, tables and drawings
- How to report statistics
- Proofreading and editing
- Formatting reports
- Writing for the reader
- Writing business cases
- Supporting written documentation (letters and emails)
The workshop has written components that include exercises and practical written report tasks. It also has videos for enhanced delegate learning.
This course is accredited by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) with 2 CPD Points, the South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP) 12 Cpd hours
What other delegates say about this course.
“The course was enlighting and made me realize some aspects of technical writing than I usually turned an eye on.”
Engineer , Concor
“It was a very informative Course and it will be very useful in the workplace. “
“Thoroughly enjoyed the course, very insightful.”
Quantity Surveyor , Concor
“It was brilliant and useful, the interaction between the facilitator and us was very good.”
Request a Detailed Brochure
Head Office | Cape Town
Tel: 087 711 0022
Direct Line: 081 748 3482
Email: [email protected]
Contract Law & Administration
Project Risk Management
Construction Claims & Disputes
Ohs Risk Management
Report Writing Skills
Construction Risk Management
Help & Support
Email: [email protected]
Copyrights © 2023 CPD MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING SERVICES. All rights reserved.
The definition of report writing is creating an account or statement that describes in detail an event, situation or occurrence, usually as the result of observation or inquiry. The two most common forms of report writing are news report wr...
To write a meeting report, use the agenda as a guide. Talk about past business that was concluded, summarize what each speaker said, and list the goals that were identified as action items.
Depending on what style is used to write the report, a variety of samples can be found online to assist the writing process. The Purdue OWL gives extensive information about writing in MLA or APA style.
SA Writers College. Cape town. Report Writing and Presentation. 5 days. R7995 ; LETA. Johannesburg. Proposal and Report Writing. 15 hours. R3699 ; Institute of
Upskill on the Report Writing and Presentation Course and make your business reports stand out. Tutored by South African writer, Susan Williams.
Imsimbi will teach you all the skills and techniques you need to know to write just such a report: clear, concise, balanced and informative. You will understand
This four day workshop is intended to help you do the writing your job demands. If you are a manager at any level in business, government, or industry
To supply the learners with the necessary knowledge and confidence, enabling them to conduct professional and accurate report writing in the work place.
Perfect Your Writing skills with a report writing course. Professional Report Writing Skills Training Course: Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban
Enhance and develop your report-writing skills by improving your understanding of essential
Executive Report Writing · Course Fee. The course costs R10 120. · Duration. This course is part-time and runs for 10 weeks (50 hours), excluding induction week.
This course will focus on developing the language skills necessary for the specific work environment, covering the important aspects of
Report Writing Training - South Africa · Acquire skills to organise the material and prioritise the information · Become familiarised with the report writing
This course is for delegates who want to learn how to apply easy writing techniques that will reduce their report writing time and will improve the quality