- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
The World's Smartest Resume Builder
Home Resume Examples 3D Artist Resume
3D Artist Resume
August 9, 2021 | By the Resume Genius Team | Reviewed by Samuel Johns, CPRW
Are you having trouble writing a great 3D artist resume? Our 3D artist resume sample and writing tips will give you the inspiration you need to impress any hiring manager.
Did you know that using the best resume templates can help you earn more interviews?
Samples Similar to a 3D Artist Resume
Graphic design resume, artist resume, ux designer resume, designer resume, 3d artist resume template (text format).
An effective format for your resume clearly presents your accomplishments and expertise.
Innovative and resourceful 3D Artist with 5+ years of experience creating and delivering world-class 3D models for clients in digital media, technology, and gaming industries. Seeking to leverage my technical, creative, and design abilities to transform clients’ concepts into attractive renderings and animations consistent with their specific requirements.
Creative circle, los angeles, ca.
Senior 3D Artist, Nov 2019 – Present
- Lead a team of 8+ artists, providing art quality and aesthetic vision to the team and ensuring high visual fidelity and optimization
- Design and customize a variety of 3D assets, models, textures, animations, and skeletal meshes, then build them within the Unreal Engine
- Analyze client requirements and collaborate with concept artists to create initial drawings that help us and the client better visualize the intended end product
- Maintain 100% client satisfaction by delivering consistent aesthetic and technical quality throughout the asset pipeline
JAMCITY, Carlsbad, CA
3D Artist, June 2016 – Sep 2019
- Designed and developed high-end, interactive digital renderings and animations for renowned clients, including McDonald’s, Rockwell Collins, and Midmark
- Worked collaboratively with other teams across 7 studios to provide creative solutions and support for projects
- Effectively worked on 10+ projects weekly with changing requirements, all under strict deadlines and requiring timely project completion
- Designed a variety of hard surface and organic models, ensuring proper scaling of assets and models in line with real world standards
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, FULLERTON, CA
Bachelor of Fine Arts, May 2011
- Honors: cum laude (GPA: 3.6/4.0)
- Expertise in 3D modeling, 3D Visualization, 3d prototyping, texturing, rendering, and animation, leadership, and team training
- Technical skills: Autodesk 3DSmax, Chaos Group V-Ray, Adobe After Effects CS+, Adobe Photoshop CS+, Adobe Animate, Adobe Premiere CS+, Unreal Engine 4, Game Maker Studio, Maya, Zbrush
How to write a 3D artist resume
Learning how to put together a resume for the specific job(s) you want will help you land more interviews.
You may be great at rendering three-dimensional designs, but do you know how to convey your artistic talents in a convincing resume? Pair your 3D design portfolio with a professional resume to outline your core competencies and to further explain why you’re uniquely qualified for the job.
Use these three tips to write a 3D artist resume that proves you’re capable of turning creative concepts into a three-dimensional reality:
1. Highlight both your visual skills and technical know-how
Because designing and editing graphics and animations requires an excellent command of computer software, employers will be most interested in candidates with a strong technical background.
For this reason, it’s critical to emphasize your technical abilities throughout your 3D artist resume.
Start off by listing key 3D artist skills in your resume’s skills section , so employers can easily assess your abilities. Then modify the bullet points in your work experience section to showcase other important hard skills needed to excel as a 3D artist.
Here are valuable technical skills tied to working with 3D art:
- Color theory
- Hand illustration
- Sculpting tools
- Graphic design
- Storyboard creation
- Mapping and texturing
- Graphics development
- Computer animation
- Character modeling
- 3D design software ( AutoCAD , Revit , LightWave 3D, and 3D Studio Max)
- Adobe ( Photoshop , Illustrator , InDesign , After Effects , and Premiere )
Here are a few examples of how to adequately convey some of these skills in your bullet points:
Lead a team of 8+ artists, providing art quality and aesthetic vision to the team and ensuring high visual fidelity and optimization Design and customize a variety of 3D assets, models, textures, animations, and skeletal meshes, then build them within the Unreal Engine Analyze client requirements and collaborate with concept artists to create initial drawings that help us and the client better visualize the intended end product Maintain 100% client satisfaction by delivering consistent aesthetic and technical quality throughout the asset pipeline
2. Open with a strong 3D artist resume summary
As a 3D artist, you’re probably used to coming up with visually appealing designs. However, catching a hiring manager’s attention with attractive aesthetics is might be a little more challenging.
Because most 3D-artist applicants likely have the technical expertise required to perform the work, simply listing your credentials on your resume isn’t always enough to land an interview.
To give your resume a competitive edge, provide employers with a snapshot of your skills and experience in a well-crafted resume summary . Sum up your skills and industry-related achievements succinctly in one to three short sentences, while highlighting job-specific skills to show them you’re a perfect match.
Knowing how to effectively promote yourself and your 3D art experience in a professional summary will help set you apart from other job seekers, especially if there’s a large pool of applicants vying for the same role.
Here’s an example of a well-written 3D artist resume summary:
Innovative and resourceful 3D Artist with 5+ years of experience creating and delivering world-class 3D models for clients in various industries. Seeking to leverage my technical, creative, and design abilities to transform clients’ concepts into attractive renderings and animations consistent with their specific requirements.
In this example, the applicant effectively sums up their skills and achievements in two short sentences. In addition to emphasizing their diverse background, they highlight both their creative and technical abilities, as well as their commitment to meeting client expectations.
3. Emphasize your soft skills
Though your hard skills are essential to working in the field of 3D art, your technical prowess isn’t everything. Ultimately, your soft skills will also be considered when employers are determining whether you’d be a good fit for their company.
For instance, being detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and receptive to feedback is critical for a 3D artist when it comes to delivering projects on time and according to specifications.
To prove you’re the right creative for the job, further customize the bullet points in your work experience section to emphasize a variety of key 3D artist soft skills that complement your design skills.
Here are some soft skills employers look for in a 3D artist:
- Active listening
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Decision making skills
- Critical thinking
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills
Here are a few examples of ways you can include these skills into your bullet points:
Designed and developed high-end, interactive digital renderings and animations for renowned clients, including McDonald’s, Rockwell Collins, and Midmark Worked collaboratively with other teams across 7 studios to provide creative solutions and support for projects Effectively worked on 10+ projects weekly with changing requirements, all under strict deadlines and requiring timely project completion
Extra 3D Artist Resumes, Cover Letters, & CVs:
- Art Director Resume
- Arts Administrator Resume
- Audio Engineer Resume
- Creative Director Resume
- Entry Level Graphic Design Resume
- Event Coordinator Resume
- Event Planner Resume
- Film Resume
- Game Design Resume
- CFO Cover Letter
- Creative Director Cover Letter
- Event Coordinator Cover Letter
- Event Planner Cover Letter
- Graphic Designer Cover Letter
- Photographer Cover Letter
- Production Assistant Cover Letter
- Video Editor Cover Letter
Click to rate this article
54+ Resume Objective Examples & Writing Help
October 20, 2022 | By Aaron Case, CPRW
How to Make a Resume for a Job in 2023
February 3, 2023 | By Conrad Benz
45+ Resume Summary Examples (& How to Write)
January 27, 2022 | By Conrad Benz
30+ Best Resume Tips to Help You Land a Job
August 18, 2022 | By Conrad Benz
112+ Job Skills for Your Resume: List & Examples
December 21, 2022 | By Corissa Peterson
Resume Paper: 5+ Best Resume Paper Types
February 16, 2022 | By Nick Herschel
- Resume Templates
February 4, 2023 | By Geoffrey Scott, CPRW
The Best Resume Format in 2023
February 3, 2023 | By Ida Pettersson
- Resume Builder
- Resume Examples
- How to Make a Resume
- Resume Format
- Resume Summary Generator
- Resume Help
Cover Letter Tools
- Cover Letter Builder
- Cover Letter Templates
- Cover Letter Examples
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- Cover Letter Format
- Cover Letter Help
- What Is a CV?
- How to Write a CV
- CV Templates
- CV Examples
- Thank You Note Samples & Templates
- Resignation Letter Samples
- Letter of Recommendation Templates
- Business Letter Formats
- Career Advice
- Forgot Password
- Terms & Conditions
© 2023, Sonaga Tech Limited. All rights reserved
ResumeGenius.com is owned and operated by Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern with offices in Luzern Switzerland.
3D Artist Resume—Examples, Template, and 25+ Writing Tips
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.” Patrick I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work! Dylan My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful! George
3D Artist Resume Template
1. equip the right 3d artist resume format, 3d artist resume format, 2. write a teaser of a 3d artist resume objective or summary, 3d artist resume summary, 3d artist resume objective, 3. create the perfect 3d artist job descriptions and skills section, 3d artist resume job descriptions, skills for a 3d artist resume, 4. make your education section a reason to hire you, 3d artist resume example—education, 5. overclock your 3d artist resume with added sections, 3d artist resume examples—extra sections, was it interesting here are similar articles.
Targeted Resume Examples & Template to Personalize
25+ Google Docs Resume Templates For 2023 [Free Download]
10+ ATS-Friendly Resume Templates (+Writing Guide)
- Resumes Resume Builder Resume Templates Creative Resume Modern Resume Basic Resume Professional Resume Traditional Resume ATS Resume High School Student Resume Word Resume Resume Examples Resume Formats Hybrid Resume Functional Resume Chronological Resume How to Write a Resume Skills Summary --> Resume Objectives Work History List References Resume Skills
- Cover Letters Cover Letter Builder Cover Letter Templates Cover Letter Examples Cover Letter Formats How to Write a Cover Letter
- CV CV Templates
- Job Overviews
- Resources Career Guides How to Become
- Resume Builder
3D Artist Resume Examples
3D Artists use computer technology to deliver 3D creations and are involved in producing movies, music videos, commercials and computer games. Typical resume samples for 3D Artists describe duties such as creating special effects matching the script, using optical scanning devices, using both computer software and hand drawing techniques, and creating three-dimensional pictures. The ideal candidate highlights in his or her resume artistic talent, creativity, a collaborative personality, communication skills, and specific computer software proficiency. Based on our collection of resume samples, education requirements include a degree in art, design, movie production or animation.
Not exactly what you are looking for? Check our complete library of over 1000+ sample resumes
Rate This Template:
- Featured in:
The best examples from thousands of real-world resumes
Handpicked by resume experts based on rigorous standards
Tailored for various backgrounds and experience levels
Looking for cover letter ideas? See our sample 3D Artist Cover Letter .
Find out what is the best resume for you in our Ultimate Resume Format Guide .
3D Artist Resume Samples
No results found
year in workforce
month at this job
Animation And Game Design
2d & 3d Artist
Selected from a highly competitive field of applicants to work with a university professor on an educational Xbox game.
- Created 2D concepts, 3D environment & character models with rigs, textures and animations.
- Managed art and technical development. Lead art team and oversaw all artistic progress.
- Consistently met high standards pertaining to work quality, timeliness and contributing creative ideas to game development.
years in workforce
months at this job
Media Arts And Animation
Graphic Designer/ 3d Artist
Create, and develop advertisement and marketing designs on web, print media, and video animations
- Designed advertisement illustrations, banners, posters, logos, etc.
- Developed 3D models and animations for web marketing
- Created mockups of projects as preliminary visual examples of the final product
- Developed web advertisement animated videos
- Prepared campaign presentations
months in workforce
- With a team, modeled 3D assets to recreate an underwater excavation site.
- Created an underwater environment, helped to recreate an excavation site for a shipwreck
- General animation work for virtual tour creation.
years at this job
Art And Design
Lead Game and Level Designer, 3d Artist
Incorporated client's vision from concept to product release
- Led and managed a team of five artists and programmers
- Designed, developed, and implemented game play mechanics, user interface, monetization system for both the Android and iOS market
- Responsible for documentation and pitch presentations
- Responsible for the Interior Scenes and 3D assets for an iPad hidden object mystery game
- Created art tutorials on Unity3D and built a demo for "Workshop" learning program.
- Developed a learning game on the Kinect using Unity 3D
year at this job
Game Art And Design
- Created original 3D models and textures based upon concept designs and sketches for assets used in a Half-Life 2 modification titled "Mindworld"
- Exported artwork for use in Source engine
- Collaborated and networked with other 3D Artists to complete finalized compositions through an online forum
- As the sole artist on team, concepted, modeled and textured 50+ environment assets and only character asset.
- Designed the app icon and menu screen art as well as Facebook banner ads.
- User reviews overwhelmingly credited the art style and creature design as their reason for purchasing.
- Featured twice in App Store 'best of' categories; 'Best New Games' in 2013 and 'Scariest Games' in 2014.
Senior 3d Artist
Creation of assets for Kia interactive website and print including hero shots and animations
- Lighting and rendering using Vray, Mental Ray
- Additional modeling in Maya on scanned meshes when needed
- Creation of external environments in 3D using Maya
- Compositing of passes in Nuke and After Effects
- Graphics and 2D design work including decals, texture maps and wed graphics
- Managing multiple 3D and 2D tasks including data prep and mesh adjustment when needed
Intern, 3d Artist
- Solely responsible for the completion of multiple design packets containing 20 to 50 models ahead of company deadlines, resulting in the successful creation of two major games for nFusion
- Responsible for the creation, unwrapping and texturing of various 3D assets including game props and background objects, resulting in the submission of a new title to Apple
- Interpreted object references and transformed them into On-model objects
- Collaborated with studio lead artists, producers, designers and the creative director as a 3D artist; modeling and texturing objects resulting in the creation of an unannounced Jim Henson Title, "Ember", and "Gnomes"
- Play tester for games close to release; responsible for bug and glitch detection; recording and reporting to designers and programmers for validation
Graphic & Web Design
- Modelled/animated 100s of 3d assets for Facebook title "Mini Putt Park"
- Created official launch trailer for "Mini Putt Park"
- Illustrated game assets for iPhone title "Kaboodlepop"
- Created eight interstitial videos for iPhone title "Sci Fi Heroes"
- Created trailer for iPhone/Android title "Legends of Loot"
Associate of Applied Science
Helped to create props and key assets in gameplay
- Worked with art team to get overall feel of game, and have consistency in art style
- Assisted in helping design decisions on art assets
- Maintained a consistent work flow through out project time
Animated stories explaining the transfer of data packets through a network.
- Modeled characters and objects necessary for story.
- Created textures using Photoshop.
- Drew storyboards to organize team, maintaining continuity between scenes.
Game Design And Development
Freelance 3d Artist
- Created 3d assets that were shipped with the game Dota 2
- Learned proprietary software and 3rd party plug-ins
- Engaged with community to modify designs
3d Artist & QA
- Promoted from 3D modeling to the elite modeling Maya team within 6 months of being hired.
- Fixing QA issues with a targeted day goal for each city deadline.
- Appointed to create a better pipeline for training and create documents for new QA hires for Wiki.
- Tested software for IOS apple devices with documentation for QA department.
Visualization for different international firms. Made a great number of 3d renderings of architectural projects.
- Worked on "Wolfhound" movie as 3d rendering/compositing artist. Wrote
- Texturing, lighting, rendering and compositing for print and televised ad campaigns.
- Participated in several competitions and projects.
Digital Media And Animation
Senior Unity Developer/3d Artist
Work as Unity3D lead to develop projects within our team, as well as coordinate information and material with subject matter experts and instructional designers.
- Work with project managers and collaborate with outside companies to create Unity3D proposal simulations for prospect clients.
- Develop 3D graphics and animations for numerous clients including GM, The
- Develop and lead my team of artists and programmers to create high level
- Work with new technologies to expand our company with new and innovative
Volunteer 2d/3d Artist
- Skilled in creating detailed high-poly concept works in Zbrush.
- Retopologize high-poly models into low-poly 3D models through 3D coat.
- Utilized 3ds Max to bake textures and unwrap the UVWs.
- Painted custom texture in Photoshop.
- Designing the Graphic User Interface for the game and website.
3d Artist - L3 Communications
Create 2D and 3D visual elements for real time flight simulation.
- Track and maintain progress for visual elements on assigned projects.
- Assist and train new 3D artists on software used in flight simulation.
- Supervise and direct teams of up to 24 members on assigned tasks.
- Create and implement streamline processes.
Model and texture 3D environment assets and implement them into the Unity engine
- Create 2D assets for the user interface and level environments
- Adapt to multiple art styles dictated by the changing direction of the game
- Work closely and cooperatively with the art, design, and programming team to ensure
Final Cut Pro 7 Level One
3d Artist, Effect Multimedia Solutions
- Specialized in 3D [company name] modeling, facial rigging and lip-syncing
- Created 3D models of sets and props for multiple animated TV series
- Participated in the design of 3D of human and cartoon [company name]s
Contracted 3d Artist
Hi and Low-res 3D vehicle modeling using Maya
- Shading and Lighting of models and backgrounds done in Maya
- Created props with 3DS Max for easy conversion
- Textured 3D models using Photoshop
3d Modeling, Lighting & Rendering
3d Artist Intern
Complete assigned tasks ranging from photo shoots for stop motion sequences.
- Create various graphics for print, web and commercial advertising.
- Create mock up 3d assets for post-production layouts and animations.
- Assist in general office administrative and troubleshooting duties
- Coordinate with team members for concept implementation projects.
3d Artist - General
Hard Surface Modeling for low and high resolution asset needs
- Texturing and Uving assets for rendering
- Rendering assets with Mental Ray and V-Ray
- Sculpting detail in Zbrush for use of Normal/Spec/Diffuse maps for low resolution assets.
- Hard Surface Rigging for Mechanical Assets in 3ds Max
Liaising with clients and developing animation from their concepts.
- Learned the importance of understanding my customers.
- Creating storyboards that depict the script, narrative and concept drawings of characters and environment backgrounds.
- Worked close in concept with the customer to satisfy the need and concern.
- Working on every stage of the CGI process from modeling, texturing, rigging, lighting, shading, animating, particles and compositing.
- Adept at learning new methods and current pipelines with swiftness and ease.
Senior Maya/ 3d Artist
Creating complex videos/ promos, 3D assets for games using Autodesk Maya. Storytelling, designing, modeling, texturing, rigging, lighting, effects, animation and compositing. Research, develop and implement new workflows for the pipeline, assist and mentor team.
- Have a critical eye for the timing, animation, effects.
- Expertise in Modeling, Unwrapping, Texturing, Particles, Fluid simulation, Lighting,
- Pro-active work ethic in response to achieving the deadline and art needs.
Contract 3d Artist
- Convert building floor plans to precision scale 3D models
- Create 3D models of casino objects to the precise scale of their brand-name counterparts
- Create material mapping based on customer specs and/or site photography if available
- Collaborate with other contract artists to ensure all deliverables are complete,
Game Art Design
- Was tasked to clean up a 3D asset along with UV maps and textures.
- Organized files for project.
- Tasked with communication and keeping project in line.
Realistic High Poly Hard Surface Modeling of a Commercial Helicopter (close ups and mid-range shots)
- Create high quality texture maps, including supporting maps (specular, bump,
- Shader optimization and Test
- Modeling of a variety of elements required for multiple shots
3d Artist/ Animator
Created 3D Models of hand drawn sketches, AutoCAD plans, Etc.
- Creates atmosphere by arranging and animating vehicles, trees, people, and various other forms of entourage in the scene
- Generates textures and lights using V-Ray
- Utilized Photoshop to place photo-people into renderings and made various adjustments to color or objects
Animation & Visual Effects
Freelance Designer, 3d Artist
- 3d Character dance animation for [company name] using Autodesk MAYA & Motion Builder
- Concept design for character development using Sketchbook Pro
- 3d renderings using Cinema 4d and MAYA for client and church community
Founder and 3d Artist
- 3D artist and animator. I am responsible for designing and creating levels and creatures that inhabit them.
- Project Manager. I currently oversee the production of our latest title and make sure deadlines are met on time.
- Video Editor. Creating and editing cut scene videos. From animation to video editing.
Freelance 3d Artist / Art Lead
- Art Lead on straight to DVD film project
- In charge of making sure assets are complete and ready for production, Giving assets to artists to complete. Over viewing the project.
- Hard-surface models / Character Models (Low to moderate Resolution Models)
More 3D Artist Resumes
3d artist resume success stories, 3d artist duties and responsibilities.
The type of organization a 3D artist works for will determine the exact duties and tasks they carry out each day. Based on job listings we analyzed, a 3D artist's duties typically involve:
Creating Graphics and Animations A key part of working as a 3D artist is creating graphics, effects, or animations using computer programs and editing software. This includes working with a team of animators and other artists to work on movies, games, or visual effects.
Research Upcoming Projects 3D artists research upcoming projects to help find new ways to create designs or animations. This sometimes includes developing storyboards to map out how scenes will look.
Conceptualize Designs In the initial stages of a project, 3D artists help conceptualize ideas and processes to come up with the best plan of action. This is especially the case if a 3D artist specializes in a particular area of 3D effects and their expertise is crucial to the project's success.
Edit Effects After Feedback 3D artists receive feedback from directors, game designers, clients, or other animators, and edit animations or effects based on these comments or suggestions. Larger projects will often go through many iterations before the final design is approved.
3D Artist Skills and Qualifications
- Artistic skills - 3D artists need a talent for art and a strong understanding of color, texture, and light, and how these elements work together
- Time management - when working on projects with tight deadlines, the ability to prioritize tasks is essential to a 3D artist's job
- Computer skills - using computer software and editing programs is a key part of this role. 3D artists need strong computer skills and must stay on top of the latest technologies and techniques to remain an asset to employers
- Teamwork - 3D artists should have a collaborative personality and be able to work with other members of the team, such as designers or developers
- Creativity - a creative mindset is essential to being a successful 3D artist. This job requires brainstorming new ideas on a regular basis and strategizing ways to stand out from the competition
3D Artist Education and Training
3d artist salary and outlook, helpful resources.
We've collected some of the best resources to help you develop a successful career as a 3D artist:
Photoshop for 3D Artists - Photoshop remains a key tool for 3D artists, and here top professionals share their tips and techniques for working in the 3D industry, from initial concept stages to post-production
Anatomy for 3D Artists: The Essential Guide for CG Professionals - an essential guide for anyone working in the industry, this book is filled with everything an aspiring 3D artist needs to know to recreate the human body in 3D
3D Artist - a well-respected source of inspiration for any aspiring 3D artist and those already working in the industry, this site features industry coverage, guides, and a strong community of professionals
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder today
- Resume Examples
- Design Resumes
6 3D Artist Resume Examples - Here's What Works In 2023
Highly skilled 3d artists continue to be in high demand, especially those that are able to specialize. this guide will show you how to set up your 3d artist resume, including templates that you can replicate, and important skills to succeed in the industry..
3D artists build 3 dimensional models to be used in a variety of fields like TV, film, advertising, or video games. Having a degree is not required but is often recommended, especially if it’s related to graphic design, art, animation, or illustration. However, if you don’t have a degree or related background you could easily take courses or certifications online. Early on, you might decide whether you want to be a 3D generalist, or specialize in a particular area in 3D Modeling, 3D Animation, Visual Effects, etc. Further along in your career, you can work your way up to a position as an Art Director, Senior Artist, or Creative Director. 3D artists should have a working knowledge of tools and software such as Revit, Adobe, 3D Studio Max and 3D Slash and you can highlight these in your 3D artist resume. As a 3D artist, you will be constantly collaborating with others, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to include in your 3D artist resume. Since you’ll also be working under strict deadlines, you’ll need to be good with project management and time management.
3D Artist Resume Templates
Jump to a template:
- 3D Game Artist
Jump to a resource:
- Keywords for 3D Artist Resumes
- Action Verbs to Use
- Writing a Resume Summary
- Related Design Resumes
- Similar Careers to a 3D Artist
Template 1 of 6: 3D Artist Resume Example
A 3D artist is someone who creates characters, scenes, and other artistic assets for media. 3D artists can work in many industries. They use a combination of artistic ability and computer software to create digital assets. As a 3D artist, you may communicate with teams to create a vision for the art, make drafts of artwork, research design ideas, and use software to determine object proportions, movement, physics, and more. To become a 3D artist, you will typically need an undergraduate degree in art, graphic design, or animation. Some companies may overlook education for someone with enough relevant experience. Hiring managers will look for someone with experience using 3D animation software, such as CGI. They will also look for a candidate with related work experiences, such as prior roles as an illustrator, art assistant, or creative consultant. The ideal 3D artist is creative, innovative, and very literate in animation technology.
Tips to help you write your 3D Artist resume in 2023
create a digital portfolio to show off your 3d animation abilities.
To become a 3D artist, one of the most important things to demonstrate is your artistic skills. This can be hard to show in writing, which is why it’s recommended to create a portfolio of previous projects you’ve created or assisted with. You can use projects from college assignments or previous jobs if you have permission. You could also make some digital art for the sole purpose of putting it in your portfolio.
Demonstrate your expertise with animation software
A big part of being a successful 3D artist is understanding the software needed to make great 3D animations. This could include literacy in animation applications such as CGI, Golive6, or Painter 3D. It’s important to clearly highlight the software you have mastered working with on your resume.
Skills you can include on your 3D Artist resume
Template 2 of 6: 3d artist resume example.
3D artists are generalists responsible for building 3D models using both software and illustrations. As you progress in your career as a 3D artist, it’s important not just to have experience but to be able to quantify with metrics what you were able to achieve or accomplish in each of your roles. Or, as you earn certifications or advanced degrees that will set you apart, include these in your resume.
Emphasize metrics and specific numbers to show 3D artist accomplishments
Using data is always better than being vague. This 3D artist resume template says, ‘....resulting in a 50% increase in overall productivity.’ You can also use metrics to describe the number of people you managed or models built. Metrics are helpful when hiring managers are reading your resume because they emphasize what you contributed to the team or project.
Showcase high level education with strong 3D artist experience
Having a Master’s degree, especially a Master’s in Business Administration is unique in the 3D artist field and is something you would want to draw attention to. This will allow you to stand out as highly educated and will also show that you have both the leadership capabilities and experience to succeed in more senior roles.
Template 3 of 6: 3D Game Artist Resume Example
Game artists are specifically focused on developing visual assets for games, and thus they employ a different skill set than most game designers. You should be sure to name specific tools you’ve worked with. Additionally, including any internal promotions will help convey your commitment to companies.
Tips to help you write your 3D Game Artist resume in 2023
includes game artist tools.
Having a working understanding of the tools of the trade adds value to your application. Be sure to reference your work with tools like Revit, 3ds Max, Maya, or any other relevant software as it solidifies your familiarity with crucial applications. Add in the big projects you’ve worked on to further impart your experience.
Shows internal promotions
If you can demonstrate that you’ve done well at past companies - to the point of being promoted - you should do so. This imparts to hiring managers that you know what you’re doing as a game artist. If relevant, you can also include how quickly you earned your promotions.
Skills you can include on your 3D Game Artist resume
Template 4 of 6: 3d game artist resume example.
A game artist is an animator that designs 2D and 3D art in the gaming industry like scenery, characters, or backgrounds. To advance as a 3D game artist, you will need to show past experiences of how you’ve grown with previous companies or in past roles. You can also use strong language and verbs throughout your resume to show your technical skills and most important achievements and accomplishments.
Display job growth in 3D game artist promotions
If you want to continue to grow in your field, you can use previous positions in your resume to show hiring managers how you advanced to different roles in the company. This will also indicate that you have the leadership skills to advance and that you’re able to take on new roles and responsibilities.
Utilize powerful action verbs with 3D game artist skills
You always want to make an impact by using strong action verbs to start off your bullet points. This could include using verbs such as, “Created,” “Illustrated,” or “Designed” to show future employers that you already have the skills that you will need in future positions and that you focus on action and what you’ve specifically achieved.
Template 5 of 6: 3D Modeler Resume Example
A 3D modeler is someone who creates proportional and realistic 3D models using computer software. They can work in a variety of fields, such as cinema or architecture. The job duties can change based on the industry. Generally, as a 3D modeler, you will use software to create realistic renderings, collaborate internally to ensure your renderings meet the needs of the project and present 3D designs for prototyping. To become a 3D modeler, you will need a bachelor's degree in a related field such as animation, architecture, industrial design, or electronic visualization. From there, you will want to get experience creating 3D models either through an internship or freelance work. Hiring managers will look for someone with related work experience, such as prior roles as an illustrator, product designer, or animator. Overall, hiring managers will be looking for a candidate who is creative and technically inclined with superb communication skills.
Tips to help you write your 3D Modeler resume in 2023
tailor your resume to the industry you want to be in.
Since 3D modelers can work in a variety of fields, it makes sense to choose one or two industries you want to work in, and tailor your resume to the industry. For example, if you want a 3D modeler job at a construction firm, you will want to showcase projects where you have created models of buildings on your resume.
Get certified in autoCAD
AutoCAD is a common and key software tool 3D modelers use to create digital designs. It's extremely important to understand how to use autoCAD to land this role. You can get certifications in autoCAD to show hiring managers you are knowledgeable in this area.
Skills you can include on your 3D Modeler resume
Template 6 of 6: 3d modeler resume example.
A 3D modeler is a special type of animator that uses software to create 3D models for television, gaming, movies or websites. As a 3D modeler, your technical skills are your greatest assets. By displaying a wide breadth of skills, you show that you are adaptable and can learn new skills. Also, while job titles can vary, pay close attention to the verbiage of how managers list the titles.
Add the specific 3D modeler job title
If you decide to include your job title on your resume, you should always make the job title on your resume exactly the same as it is listed in the job description. This will help with the Applicant Tracking System and will make it clear to recruiters that you have exactly the experience they’re looking for. If your title has multiple names you can use a slash and include both titles.
Highlight important 3D modeler skills
You will need to have strong technical and software skills to succeed as a 3D modeler. You can list the programs that you’ve worked on. If you don’t want to mention them all, look at the job description and list the ones that the job requires. You could even provide a link to an online portfolio to show more examples.
Action Verbs for 3D Artist Resumes
Skills for 3d artist resumes.
For 3D artist jobs, having strong technical and software skills are essential because you’ll be using a wide variety of programs from 3D Studio Max to Adobe Photoshop. You’ll want to read through the job description carefully and then place any relevant skills throughout your resume as bullet points or in your skills section. You might include something like, “Developed 20 game settings in Revit.” Doing this will help you get past the Applicant Tracking Systems. This tracking system is simply an automated filter, and by intentionally including the specific keywords that the system is looking for, you’ll increase your chances of moving to the next stage of the interview process.
- 3D Modeling
- Substance Painter
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Unreal Engine 4
- Substance Designer
- Computer Animation
- After Effects
- 3D Rendering
- 3D Animation
- Character Animation
- Adobe Photoshop
- Game Development
Skills Word Cloud For 3D Artist Resumes
This word cloud highlights the important keywords that appear on 3D Artist job descriptions and resumes. The bigger the word, the more frequently it appears on job postings, and the more 'important' it is.
How to use these skills?
Action verbs for 3d artist resumes.
3D artists need to have experience designing innovative concepts, planning and organizing ideas, and communicating well with clients and colleagues. Make sure to emphasize these skills with your action verbs - examples: use Developed and Created to display your creative skills. As you structure your bullet points, start with an action verb first. This will allow you to really place the focus on what you’ve accomplished in previous roles. Employers are looking for 3D artists that are highly specialized, so use your action verbs that will showcase your area of design expertise.
For a full list of effective resume action verbs, visit Resume Action Verbs .
How To Write a Resume Summary for a 3D Artist Resume
If you're a senior-level employee, or you're changing careers to become a 3D Artist, it's useful to add a paragraph at the top of your resume highlighting your most impressive accomplishments. This is called a resume summary. Here's an example of a summary that can be used on a 3D Artist resume.
A resume summary is a totally optional section, and in most cases, it's better to leave it out of your resume than include it. For example, if you're a student or mid-level hire, you should not include a summary, and instead use the space to add to your work experience.
To learn how to write an effective resume summary for your 3D Artist resume, or figure out if you need one, please read Resume Summary Examples for Job Seekers: When To Include One .
Other Design Resumes
- UX Designer Resume Guide
- UX Researcher Resume Guide
- Architecture Resume Guide
- Graphic Designer Resume Guide
3D Artist Resume Guide
- Game Design Resume Guide
- Interior Design Resume Guide
- Production Assistant Resume Guide
- Instructional Design Resume Guide
- Art Director Resume Guide
- Design Director Resume Guide
- 3D Artist Resume Example
- 3D Game Artist Resume Example
- 3D Modeler Resume Example
- Skills and Keywords to Add
- All Resume Examples
- Explore Alternative and Similar Careers
Download this PDF template.
Creating an account is free and takes five seconds. you'll get access to the pdf version of this resume template., choose an option..
- Have an account? Sign in
E-mail Please enter a valid email address This email address hasn't been signed up yet, or it has already been signed up with Facebook or Google login.
Password Show Your password needs to be between 6 and 50 characters long, and must contain at least 1 letter and 1 number. It looks like your password is incorrect.
Forgot your password?
Sign up to get access to Resume Worded's Career Coaching platform in less than 2 minutes
Name Please enter your name correctly
E-mail Remember to use a real email address that you have access to. You will need to confirm your email address before you get access to our features, so please enter it correctly. Please enter a valid email address, or another email address to sign up. We unfortunately can't accept that email domain right now. This email address has already been taken, or you've already signed up via Google or Facebook login. We currently are experiencing a very high server load so Email signup is currently disabled for the next 24 hours. Please sign up with Google or Facebook to continue! We apologize for the inconvenience!
Password Show Your password needs to be between 6 and 50 characters long, and must contain at least 1 letter and 1 number.
Receive resume templates, real resume samples, and updates monthly via email
Lost your password? Please enter the email address you used when you signed up. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
E-mail This email address either hasn't been signed up yet, or you signed up with Facebook or Google. This email address doesn't look valid.
Back to log-in
These professional templates are optimized to beat resume screeners (i.e. the Applicant Tracking System). You can download the templates in Word, Google Docs, or PDF. For free (limited time).
access samples from top resumes, get inspired by real bullet points that helped candidates get into top companies., get a resume score., find out how effective your resume really is. you'll get access to our confidential resume review tool which will tell you how recruiters see your resume..
Writing an effective resume has never been easier .
Upgrade to resume worded pro to unlock your full resume review., get this resume template (+ 5 others), plus proven bullet points., for a small one-time fee, you'll get everything you need to write a winning resume in your industry., here's what you'll get:.
- 📄 Get the editable resume template in Google Docs + Word . Plus, you'll also get all 5 other templates .
- ✍️ Get sample bullet points that worked for others in your industry . Copy proven lines and tailor them to your resume.
- 🎯 Optimized to pass all resume screeners (i.e. ATS) . All templates have been professionally designed by recruiters and 100% readable by ATS.
Buy now. Instant delivery via email.
instant access. one-time only., what's your email address.
I had a clear uptick in responses after using your template. I got many compliments on it from senior hiring staff, and my resume scored way higher when I ran it through ATS resume scanners because it was more readable. Thank you!
- Skip to main content
3D Artist Resume Examples
With digitization gaining momentum, the number of job opportunities for 3D artists continues to grow rapidly. The fact that talented 3D artists do not necessarily need any work experience to get their career started only increases demand for these roles. 3D artists prove highly beneficial to many industries, including architecture, marketing, film, video games, manufacturing and production, graphic design, 3D printing and others.
It is essential to create a strong resume to land the job best-suited to your area of expertise. Crafted by our team of certified resume writers, our 3D artist resume examples below will provide you with step-by-step guidance for landing the job you want.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLE
Table of contents, what is a 3d artist , what makes this a great 3d artist resume example, three 3d artist professional summary examples, three 3d artist work experience examples.
- Top Skills for a 3D Artist
3D Artist FAQs
Resume success stories.
A 3D artist creates three-dimensional models, visual effects and animations that add value to projects in films, video games, digital advertising campaigns and more. They help create engaging content to drive business across many industries. They collaborate with teams across different disciplines to create designs and animations. Employers may seek candidates with bachelor’s degrees in art or computer graphics, as well as portfolios that demonstrate basic knowledge of digital art and 3D animation.
A strong resume is imperative to stand out amidst the growing competition in the 3D art industry. Our 3D artist resume examples can show you precisely how to incorporate your qualifications in a way that highlights the creative and technical skill sets employers want to see.
Here’s how our 3D artist resume examples can help you shape your career.
- Examples of industry-relevant content: This resume example’s strength lies in its use of industry-standard keywords and phrases like “met key milestones” and “shaders, effects and render footage.” Our team of professional resume writers incorporate this kind of essential language in both our 3D artist resume example and the pre-written content provided by our Resume Builder . Both tools offer in-depth assistance to help complete your resume in a structured and concise manner.
- Choosing the correct formats: You should choose a resume format that best reflects the industry in which you’re seeking work. This 3D artist resume example uses a chronological format to give recruiters a snapshot of the applicant’s entire, years-long career.
- Appropriate templates for the industry: Most 3D artists should pick a resume template that showcases their creativity and strong visual style, while retaining a touch of professionalism. Keep in mind that if you are applying within a more conservative industry, you may want to choose a basic format to get shortlisted.
To be considered by producers and other studio leaders, a 3D artist’s resume must include a brief yet detailed professional summary describing their expertise, training and experience. Applicants can learn from our 3D artist resume example or use our Resume Builder , which provides pre-written suggestions to kickstart their own writing.
Here are three examples of 3D artist professional summaries to consider before writing your own resume:
- Passionate 3D artist with 7 years of experience working with designers to create visually striking content that escalates game playability. Capable of crafting detailed environments with the use of 3ds Max. Expertise in creating high-quality 3D models of characters and environment assets in Revit.
- Motivated 3D artist skilled with various 3D design software, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and Mac and Windows Operating systems. Enthusiastic about brainstorming ideas and encouraging team conversations to ensure the project’s vision and values are met.
- Creative 3D artist with over 5 years of experience in 3D animation and aspects of website design. Have pitched and implemented 3D-animated additions to successful television series. Team player dedicated to delivering work under strict deadlines.
Your work experience section should demonstrate past responsibilities and achievements that align with a companies’ requirements for 3D artists. Here are three examples that you can use as inspiration or customize to match your own measurable achievements:
- Closely collaborated with media executives to create high-fidelity designs for an upcoming television program.
- Strategized collaboratively with other designers and developers to create engaging 3D animations that boosted lead generation and conversion by 22%.
- Met deadlines to deliver high-quality assets and incorporated designer feedback to achieve a unique and profitable final product.
Top Skills for Your 3D Artist Resume
A 3D artist’s skills are distinct from others in their field. Use industry-specific keywords and phrases, relevant technical skills and necessary soft skills to get noticed by employers. Study job descriptions to see the exact skills and experience employers seek, then add them to your 3D artist resume:
- Texture maps
- Adobe Photoshop
- Concept art
- Image and video acquisition
- Conflict resolution and work ethic
- Time management
Building Your 3D Artist Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
How do you write a resume for a 3D artist with no experience?
How long should 3d artist resumes be, what are the traits necessary for a 3d artist.
A 3D artist’s resume with no experience should revolve around the artist’s interests and creative work samples, usually cultivated during training or education. Building a portfolio of their work is a must for entry-level artists. This can further demonstrate their 3D design skills, work already undertaken, and any other relevant training, skills and interests.
Ideally, a 3D artist’s resume should be one-page long. However, if you have extensive work experience, your resume could go up to two pages. It’s more important that you use an appropriate template and format, and add all relevant educational qualifications, work experience and skills to convince recruiters of your ability.
Apart from the necessary qualifications and training, a 3D artist should have abundant patience. 3D artists spend hours or even weeks to create perfect 3D models and it is imperative that they don’t become impatient.
3D artists must also show dedication and practice regularly. Acceptance of criticism is essential as any work might be rejected by producers or studio bosses. Lastly, 3D artists should have a keen eye for detail. It is this trait that helps them stand out in the crowd.
*As seen in :
3D Artist Resume Sample
The resume builder.
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
- Experience in a similar role creating 3D game assets
- Passion for creation of visually stunning 3D environments whether natural or architectural
- Strong technical skills in integrating environments with next generation toolsets (scene lighting, environment optimization and event triggering)
- Possess classical foundation, including the effective use of color, contrast, composition and concept
- Excellent traditional skills as it pertains to painting/drawing, compositing, texturing
- Strong knowledge of anatomy and structure
- Experience in creative development using 3D and 2D applications to build content for multiple shipped products
- Proficient with industry standard 3D tools like Maya, Softimage, or Houdini and Adobe Creative Suite
- Suggest new ideas for artistic and graphic references for the project, and participate in the project’s artistic direction
- Assist in developing and maintaining the SOP’s for producing images for the website in coordination with the eMarketing Project Coordinator. Maintain set standards such as dimensions of each digital asset, type of files, colors etc
- This is additional head count on their team
- Create assets and textures in line with the project’s artistic and technical direction (references, documents, etc.)
- Still renderings & animations for internal and external use
- Prepare images/animations for presentations and sell-in decks
- Guarantee the product CMFs are being translated to the digital world correctly
- Deliver Industrial Design guides for Retail
- Work with either detailed or loose design briefs; this includes the ability to accurately translate 2D artwork into 3D
- Create models with multiple sub-divisions with the ability to go from low resolution version to a high resolution version; ensure model meshes are water tight, meaning they completely enclose a volume without any gaps or holes
- Engineer and separate components/geometry so that objects can be 3D printed separately and key/fit together
- Work on different types of projects ranging from creating new geometry to processing scan data
- Monitor and report workflow progress, keeping pace with delivery schedule requirements for each project this includes providing regular progress shots
- Proficient in 3-D modeling and drawing creation
- Knowledge in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign specifically)
- Apply design principles and use feedback to modify designs
- Demonstrate a broad range of superior modeling abilities including the mastery of high-poly modeling, low-poly modeling, lighting, and the creation and application of textures and UV’s with Maya/3ds Max, Z-Brush/Mudbox, Photoshop or equivalent software
- Strong texturing skills and a good understanding of modern physically based rendering tools and processes, such as Substance Painter and Quixel Suite
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity
- Strong high & low resolution modeling and texturing skills
- Excellent high and low resolution modelling/sculpting skills
- Strong composition skills and an understanding of light, form and perspective
- Strong 3D visualization/rendering skills
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written)
How to write 3D Artist Resume
3D Artist role is responsible for art, modeling, software, design, texturing, english, shipping, retail, training, integration. To write great resume for 3d artist job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For 3D Artist Resume
The section contact information is important in your 3d artist resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your 3D Artist Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your 3d artist resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to. This section, however, is not just a list of your previous 3d artist responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular 3d artist position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative 3D Artist resume experience can include:
- Helping design compelling controls, sample apps, and education/demo materials for designers and developers of all skillsets
- Solid understanding of FW product development processes and experience in manufacturing processes
- Experience executing on quality VR artwork and experiences independently
- Assist and support less experienced members of staff in their learning of good work practices
- Very good skill and knowledge of using 2D and 3D tools such as Maya, Photoshop, Substance painter
- Effectively communicate and collaborate across functional teams and disciplines
Education on a 3D Artist Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your 3d artist resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your 3d artist experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in 3D Artist Resume
When listing skills on your 3d artist resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there's a list of typical 3d artist skills:
- Strong technology skills; experience with file management and multiple file formats
- Solid organizational skills with an ability to make necessary adjustments quickly while complying with art direction
- Self-driven with good communication skills
- Solid written and presentation skills for communicating to customers
- Drawing, Sculpting and Traditional art skills
- Building prototypes, leveraging your skills as a 3D artist and forward thinker
List of Typical Experience For a 3D Artist Resume
Experience for 3d artist intern resume.
- Good 3D skills
- Advanced experience in texture creation with Photoshop, Substance Designer, or other, and advanced understanding of real-time shaders
- Photography coursework or experience (lighting and composition)
- Experience in 3D operation (within the gaming industry is an advantage)
- Good at realistic texture
Experience For 2D & 3D Artist Resume
- No less than 3 years experiences in game
- 3-5 Years Experience
- Rendering, lighting, shading, modeling, animating and post-producing high-end visuals
- Taking the work of motion, UX, and interaction designers, realizing it in 3D in a performant, high-quality way, and working with developers to implement
- Working knowledge of 3D, concept and polygonal modeling and photo quality rendering
- Understanding in creating textures and models in varying art styles
- Helping define the New Design System, and applying it to mixed reality HMD's
Experience For 3D Artist / Character Artist Resume
- Understanding of generating normal maps from high poly models
- Participating in design discussions as an advocate of 3D process
- Working closely together with Art Directors and Supervisors to ensure quality standards
- Portfolio showing examples of digital sculpting, low poly modelling, as well as technical abilities in effects, lighting, and material setup
- Flexibility with working on different types of projects ranging from creating new geometry to processing scan data
- Stay up to date on cutting-edge advancements in visual storytelling tools and emerging platforms
- Proficiency in 3D artistry, including the creation of organic, hard surface and low-poly models, lighting, texture & material design and character rigging
- 3D modeling, rigging, texture, and lighting
Experience For 3D Artist, AGS Resume
- Perform art tasks within Unity involving Particle Effects, Scene Setup, and Lighting and Baking within the engine
- Proficient with real-time PBR workflow, High to Low Poly baking, in-engine lighting and shading
- Maintain a high level of quality while working within time and design constraints and balancing application performance
- Keen understanding of current and new 3D techniques and technologies and a desire to drive quality while maintaining technical performance
- Asist in hiring and mentoring junior motion designers within the 3D space
- Produce texture assets and materials in a range of art-styles, utilising modern practices such as Physically Based Rendering
Experience For 3D Artist Internship, Disney Interactive Resume
- Proficient in 3-D modeling and drawing creation - familiar with 3DS max, and OR Revit, the Adobe Creative Suite
- Work with existing blueprints and design of clubs, reformatting into a digital form
- Very high proficiency in computer rendering using programs like Keyshot, Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema4D, Blender, or VRay
- Following precise naming convention outline. Name each mesh appropriately
- Ability and understanding of keying and boolean objects
- Understanding of 3D print basics and creating water tight geometry
- Monitor and report workflow progress, keeping pace with delivery schedule requirements for each project. This includes providing regular progress shots
- Demonstrable understanding of the process of creating real-world objects and environments
Experience For 3D Artist Hololens Resume
- Comfortable working within an environment in which the goals evolve rapidly where technical and design hurdles need to be solved on-the-fly
- Collaborate with IT to investigate and prototype emerging technologies
- Intermediate understanding of CAD based programs (CAD or CREO equivalent)
- Create high quality 3D assets for animation, including realistic 3D environments and character design
- Quickly prototype and sketch out ideas before diving into implementation
- Knowledge of how to adapt art for real-time and offline rendering methods
- Assist in creating high-quality 3D and 2D art content for internal projects and prototypes
- Industry-leading knowledge of next-gen content creation
Experience For 3D Artist, Intern Resume
- Portfolio demonstrating acumen in 3D, real-time, and 2D concept
- Continuously improve workflows and processes by sharing best practices, identify process improvement and drive reduction of operational waste
- Stay current on all technology related to 3D and photorealistic imaging to streamline CGI development
- Assist with defining processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop 3D interior and exterior architecture for product staging
- Proficiency at both efficient hard-surface and organic modelling
- Basic understanding of other design programs and tools to import from vendor partners
- Able to produce, address feedbacks and debug according to AD’s feedbacks
Experience For 3D Artist / Software Developer 1 Resume
- Deep understanding of PBR workflow
- Work collaboratively with game designers and art leads in creating 3D assets that meet or exceed performance goals
- Foster a culture of knowledge sharing, innovation, best practices and process standardization
- Become part of an amazing team, absorb and share knowledge
- Get to know the 3DEXCITE way of working
- Get familiar with our quality standards and processes, while pushing for innovation
- Creating an object and ability to engineer and separate components/geometry so that can be 3D printed separately and key/fit together
- Provide guidance and leadership in all technical questions regarding the 3D asset creation process
Experience For 3D Artist Resume
- Product Marketing all Business Units
- Exhibit a portfolio with samples of previous 3D modeling projects
- Proficient in one or more 2D authoring software (e.g. Quixel, Ndo, Substance Design, Substance Painter, Photoshop)
- Understands technical constraints and integrates them when modeling
- A thorough understanding of 3D visual, animation, illustration, motion graphic design and video production
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency as a 3D Artist
- Proficient in at least one major 3D and Sculpting programs (Maya, Modo, Zbrush etc.)
- Knowledge on new texturing and material creation tools such as Quixel Suite or Substance
- Ability and knowledge of keying and boolean objects
- Work independently and achieve results while working on multiple projects within a fast-paced environment
- Able to adapt quickly to ever-evolving technological and workflow adaptations
- Knowledge of how to inform product groupings with architecture, props, room composition, camera angle and lighting
- Rigging of models
- Support the CMF definition, production follow-up and adaptations for retail
- Educating, empowering and inspiring world-class agencies and creators as they learn Mixed Reality - this is done in-person at large events, in smaller classes, and online
- Creating design tools and processes that empower 2D designers to ramp-up in 3D design
- 3D artist, either VFX or Game-development background (5 yrs+ hands-on production role)
List of Typical Skills For a 3D Artist Resume
Skills for 3d artist intern resume.
- Great writing skills and ability to provide clear and concise written feedback to off-site art teams
- Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Communicate effectively with a variety of team players
- Intermediate English level is required (written and oral skills)
- A portfolio of work, with clear examples of personal skillset and relevant capabilities
- Excellent 3D & VFX Software application experience like Modo, Cinema4D, Clo3D, VStitcher, Optitex, RTT DeltaGen and After Effects or Premiere
Skills For 2D & 3D Artist Resume
- Excellent experience with 2D Graphics applications especially Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Advanced skills in 3D Studio Max or any other high end 3D software
- Exceptional attention to detail and creative problem solving skills
- Develop your skills in our 3D real-time visualization software 3DEXCITE DELTAGEN
- Effectively execute all necessary assigned tasks while under tight production schedule deadlines
Skills For 3D Artist / Character Artist Resume
- Contributing to the excellent small-team vibe that we have going, in an enthusiastic and collaborative way
- Excellent English reading, speaking and writing
- Experienced in creating conceptual prototypes and proficient in preparing 3D data for rapid prototyping and/or visualization
- Apply lighting and shading to properly represent photorealistic quality of renderings; consistently display a strong attention to detail and finishes
- Very good sense for translating concept to 3d model
- Proactive problem solver, skilled at investigating all facets of an issue to seek resolution
- Proficiency in 3D modeling tools, ideally with experience in the Maya environment
Skills For 3D Artist, AGS Resume
- Experience with other 3D modeling and CAD software programs outside of Maya and ZBrush
- Knowledge and experience with using desktop 3D printers
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrated proficiency using digital Design applications (i.e. Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Experience working in 3DS MAX (or similar), Photoshop, Creative Cloud
- Demonstrated ability to create photo-realistic 3D models including knowledge of materials and textures
- Experience in film, gaming or tech industry
Skills For 3D Artist Internship, Disney Interactive Resume
- Experience working in a range of styles
- Professional experience working in a fast-paced 3D production environment
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Professional experience working within a Augmented Reality(AR) or equivalent industry role (3DS Max Mandatory)
- Experience as a 3D artist and animator, preferably with a gaming background
- Experience shipping AAA games
Skills For 3D Artist Hololens Resume
- Experience communicating with cross-functional groups
- Strong knowledge of industry standard pipelines and workflows, asset exporting process and implementation within the game
- Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4
- Strong portfolio (preferably online) showcasing all your work
- Good knowledge of game development
- Excellent sense of object surface
Skills For 3D Artist, Intern Resume
- Experiences on shipped AAA game
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experienced in Zbrush and Maya programs
- Professional industry experience as a character /3D Artist
- Skilled in one or more 3D packages (e.g. Autodesk Softimage, 3D Studio Max, Maya, IXSI, LightWave, ZBrush)
- Good sense of form, shape and silhouette in regards to objects
Skills For 3D Artist / Software Developer 1 Resume
- Experience in product visualization
- Apparel creation and visualization experience
- Experience in product visualization process of Accessories & Gear
- Experience in Maya, Premiere, After Effects, Motion Design and Video Production an asset
- Motivated attitude to deliver and be a good team player
- Experience in game development or related industry
- Good eye for composition, shape, color and details
Skills For 3D Artist Resume
- Experienced in the usage of PBR
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Experience with Texture Painting, Projection Mapping, and Look Development
- Experience working with with the UE4 blueprints system and common UE4 tools
- Experience of working with outsource partners and software such as shotgun
- Solid sense of three-dimensional design with attention to detail regarding organic texture layers
- Experienced in the development and implementation of tailored workflows and pipelines
- Experience with various 2D and 3D CGI workflows and processes
- Understand and articulate the elements of a good photography to achieve quality CGI image
- Understand and articulate the elements of a good photograph with ability to edit oneself to achieve quality standards
- Handle multiple projects and deliver strong editorial and branded content products
- Experience with 3D software such as Maya 3D, Mudbox, ZBrush, Houdini, Cinema 4D or 3D Studio Max and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in AAA game development and at least 1 commercially released title
- Strong knowledge of Maya or 3DS Max and ZBrush or Mudbox
- Proven ability to work with and without reference
List of Typical Responsibilities For a 3D Artist Resume
Responsibilities for 3d artist intern resume.
- Games industry experience with industry 3D packages, preferably 3DSMax & ZBrush
- Story boarding presentation / Sketching, painting would be added advantage
- Retouch rendering with Photoshop, pixel perfect for Print, Packaging, Video, and eCommerce
- Basic working knowledge in Corona render engine(Optional)
- Knowledge of 3D software including 3D Max, Maya, V-ray, etc
- Also work on 2D visual assets
- Deep familiarity with Maya (3DS Max, Houdini, and Unity are major pluses, we use other packages too)
- Deep familiarity with real-time 3D graphics (the pipelines, technical constraints and mindset)
Responsibilities For 2D & 3D Artist Resume
- Create high-quality, performant assets to spec, across devices and platforms (HMD, console, mobile, etc)
- 3D asset creation – modelling and texturing a wide range of 3D assets. This often leans towards hard surface objects and architectural spaces. More occasionally, but still required, organic modelling
- Work under the strategic direction of the Creative Manager to produce high quality artwork in a fast-paced and high-volume production environment
- Develop knowledge of residential and commercial design trends
- Proficient in Maya, Mental Ray, and Adobe Photoshop
- Detail oriented with a high capacity to learn new tools and processes
Responsibilities For 3D Artist / Character Artist Resume
- Able to work independently, take direction and receive feedback to meet expectations often under tight deadlines
- Advise, educate and work with incubator teams at Video Lab West and across the Video Lab
- Establish feedback loops with stakeholders and audiences
- Document processes and learnings
- Pitch and contribute to projects and experiments
- Engage with the creative community through social events and workshops hosted by Video Lab West
Responsibilities For 3D Artist, AGS Resume
- Communicate with engineers, developers, game designers and graphic artists
- Collaborate with the Art Leads and technical artists to help define the benchmark standards
- Work with Art Leads and technical artists to help improve workflows, pipelines and best practice
- Responsible for the creation and timely delivery of all designated assets
- Ensure own work meets all artistic and technical benchmarks throughout the production cycle
Responsibilities For 3D Artist Internship, Disney Interactive Resume
- Ensure all assets are delivered against agreed technical specifications and quality bars and all assets are present and functioning in the game engine as intended
- Ensure all assets meet the games art style
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standard 3D and 2D software, ZBrush, 3DS Max or Maya, Substance Painter and Designer, Photoshop, etc
- Manage and maintain a digital asset library of images
- Ensure timely delivery of all phases of creative work on 3D high-poly and low-poly models from conception through production, as directed
- Render images in 3D forms from mechanical design to organic objects, and from photorealistic to stylized
Responsibilities For 3D Artist Hololens Resume
- Maintain a consistent standard of work throughout a varied range of tasks
- Model, sculpt, retopologise and bake a variety of assets
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot creative or technical issues
- Flexible to changes in production and able to shift focus between a range of tasks
- Produce high quality hard-surface character armour, weapon and environment assets
- Work in close collaboration with Shanghai team to finish the integration of assets and related work
- Record all the workflow and related information. Make sure this is applicable and understandable for the team
- Expertise in 3DsMax, Maya, Z-brush, Photoshop, Substance painter etc
Responsibilities For 3D Artist, Intern Resume
- Create realistic 3D models and textures including architecture, organic objects and props in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications
- Sculpt/model UV & texture and integrate both high & low polygon meshes in a PBR pipeline
- Verify the quality of objects in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Keep abreast of advanced techniques which could be used to improve the visual quality or development processes of the simulator
- Maintain a proactive attitude towards team-wide art and development issues
- Rendering: Deliver high-impact digital photorealistic product representations in support of internal and external marketing campaigns for all Hyster-Yale global operations
- Animation: Work with teams to develop storyboards and create/edit animations and optimize animations for delivery
- Rendering/Animation Lead: Project coordinator interfacing with marketing, engineering, and outside rendering firms as needed to provide data preparation, coordinate workflow, and provide artistic direction on larger rendering jobs
Responsibilities For 3D Artist / Software Developer 1 Resume
- Amazing eye for detail in color, lighting, & shading
- Skilled at creating complex material shaders to achieve photorealistic accuracy. Familiarity with color reproduction, procedural textures, bump mapping, opacity maps, and material layering/graphs
- Animation development including kinematics (i.e. skeleton/bones), complex motion, deformable bodies, particle systems, video editing, compression/codecs
- Coordinate and collaborate with other animators and manage projects on tight schedules
- Render and/or digitally paint 3D models
Responsibilities For 3D Artist Resume
- Work independently and achieve results without a lot of supervision
- Proficiency in Autodesk® 3ds Max® and/or Maya® , Pixologic® ZBrush®and Adobe® Photoshop®
- Adapts well to new processes and pipelines
- Manages his/ her own time and works within deadlines
- Expertise in Rhino, Keyshot, Photoshop and Illustrator (other softwares can be discussed)
- High level competency in 3D digital design tools (Maya, Modo, V-Ray, Octane, Substance Deigner)
- Broad knowledge in 3D animation and software tools to build & configure complex 3D models
- Employer paid life insurance policy
- Additional voluntary benefits offered
- Free health club membership
- Affordable Gym membership and an in-studio gym
Related to 3D Artist Resume Samples
3d modeler resume sample, character artist resume sample, technical artist resume sample, photo studio resume sample, art consultant resume sample, intern, creative resume sample, resume builder.
- College Majors
- Job Search Advice
You control your data
Choose type of cookies to accept
These cookies give you access to a customized experience of our products. Personalization cookies are also used to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our Site and third-party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements or content as well as track the content you access (including video viewing). We may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits, we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
These cookies are placed by third-party companies to deliver targeted content based on relevant topics that are of interest to you. And allow you to better interact with social media platforms such as Facebook.
These cookies are essential for the Site's performance and for you to be able to use its features. For example, essential cookies include: cookies dropped to provide the service, maintain your account, provide builder access, payment pages, create IDs for your documents and store your consents.
To see a detailed list of cookies, click here .
- Resume Examples
- Artist Resume: 20+ Templates & Best Examples for All Artists
Artist Resume: 20+ Templates & Best Examples for All Artists
As seen in:
An artist resume is a short document listing your key academic and professional achievements in reverse-chronological order. Artists use resumes to apply for residencies, exhibitions, or jobs in galleries.
Sounds pretty dull, doesn't it? You'll never be judged by something as mundane as a resume! Not so fast. Without a well-crafted art resume, you can get turned down for juried exhibitions. You can miss grants, awards, gallery shows, commissions, and residency programs. You can even turn off buyers.
Because a poorly-crafted resume is like art with poor symmetry, color, and composition. It frustrates the viewer.
This guide will show you:
- An artist resume example better than 9 out of 10 other resumes.
- How to write artist resumes that will land you more interviews.
- Tips and examples of how to put skills and achievements on an art resume.
- How to describe your experience on a resume for an artist to get any job you want.
Here's a sample resume for an artist made with our online resume builder.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here .
Sample resume made with our builder— See more resume examples here .
Looking for a guide to writing a more specific artistic resume? See one of our dedicated articles:
- Acting Resume
- Art Director Resume
- Animator Resume
- Video Producer Resume
- Film Resume
- Filmmaker Resume
- Freelancer Resume
- Theater Resume
- Performing Arts Resume
- Production Coordinator Resume
- Graphic Designer Resume
- Interior Design Resume
- Musician Resume
- Photographer Resume
- Cinematographer Resume
- 3D Artist Resume
- Fashion Resume
- Fashion Designer Resume
- Dance Resume
- Game Design Resume
- Professional Resume Examples
- Illustrator Resume
- More Example Resumes for 500+ Jobs
And if you need a more formal document, see: Artist CV
What's the Best Format for an Artist Resume?
I've got some bad news.
You just got turned down for that juicy juried exhibition.
Why? Your poorly-formatted artist resume made the jurors cranky enough to reject Klimt.
Don't let this happen to you.
Choose a respected resume structure like the reverse-chronological format. It'll show your best stuff first.
Use clear, legible fonts, the right amount of white space, and eye-friendly headings.
Finally, save it as a PDF. An artistic resume in PDF format keeps its layout intact no matter what computer it ends up on.
Pro Tip: Make sure the submission guidelines allow PDFs. Some Applicant Tracking Systems slip up on an artist's resume in PDF format.
Want to make sure your resume will hook every recruiter and get you that interview? Get our free checklist and learn what makes a job-winning resume: 46 Things You Need To Do Before You Send Your Resume .
Want to see the reverse-chronological format in action? See the free artist resume template above. Also, reference our guide: " 3 Resume Formats: How to Choose the Best One [Examples] "
How to Write an Artist Resume Summary or Resume Objective
One eye-popping hr statistic : the average resume gets just seven seconds of reading time.
That's an eyeblink.
But that's only the ones that wind up in the rejects pile.
The winning artist cvs get lots more.
How do you get into category #2?
You do it with a resume summary or a resume objective. It's an artist bio that grabs the reader like a Banksy piece.
Look at these two fine arts resume samples:
Artist Resumes Examples: Two Summaries
See if you can spot the problem with the first of our two samples from artistic resumes.
That doesn't look terrible, does it? Neither does paint by numbers.
Instead, follow the better of our artist resume samples, below.
Bingo. That's an artist bio example you can sink your palette knife into.
Doesn't sound like you though? I'll show you how to build an artist bio just like it in a minute.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check . Start building a professional resume template here for free .
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
How to Write an Emerging Artist's Resume Objective
"I have nothing to put on my resume."
Does that sound more like you?
If so, take heart.
You're about go from nowhere to Vermeer.
You'll do it with a resume objective for an artist's resume with no experience .
Check out the very different creative resume samples for artists below.
Two Artist Resume Examples
What's the problem with the artist bio example below?
That's not actually offensive, but it won't satisfy the critics.
Even an artistic resume with no experience needs, well, experience.
Look at the next of our fine artist resume samples.
That's the art spirit.
But hold the phone. How did a straight-from-the-easel artist get that kind of experience for a resume?
She did it by entering contests and competitions and applying for some grants. Was it easy? No. Did it take a year of her life? Absolutely not.
The point is, even a beginner artist's resume can have that kind of robust composition.
Pro Tip: An artist bio is the elevator speech for your professional artist resume. Write it last so you'll have plenty of material.
Want more tips to make an experienced or beginner artist resume? See our guides: How To Write A Resume Summary: 21 Best Examples You Will See AND +20 Resume Objective Examples - Use Them on Your Resume (Tips)
What Goes After the Summary on a Resume for Artists?
Meet an exhibition juror. Her name's Sue.
She's in a cafe, sipping coffee.
Beautiful saltwater fishtank.
If she votes you in, you'll get free advertising and website placement. You'll have access to exclusive classes, and the opportunity to sell your work to millions.
You really want to get admitted.
But what is she most interested in? Your other exhibitions? Residencies? Work experience? What about awards? Commissions? Grants?
In other words, what should you show next on your artist's resume?
It's enough to give Bob Ross an anger issue.
Be creative. Put yourself in the juror's, manager's or buyer's shoes.
- If awards are your career's most shining moment, put those first.
- If you just graduated from the California Institute of the Arts with highest honors, show that first.
- Maybe you had a show at the Peter Freeman Gallery in NYC, but you've done little else. In that case, list it right after your summary.
- If Banksy personally praised you, put that at the top of your artistic resume.
- Are you applying for a job as curator? If you've already held other curator positions, show those first.
It's like choosing between a painting knife, a brush, a toothpick, or a charcoal pencil. It all depends on the task at hand.
Pro Tip: The reverse-chronological format means, "last job first." Break that rule when you've got something very impressive to show, like an exhibition at MOMA.
How to Show Exhibitions and Other Achievements on an Artist Resume
Let's get back to Sue, our exhibition juror.
The waitress just put a crispy biscotti near her coffee, but she's not looking at it. Instead, she's reaching for an Advil.
She's having a hard time comparing the 250 artistic resumes on her laptop.
Most of them have buried key achievements like Waldo hiding in a crowd.
Then she gets to yours.
You've listed your most impressive achievements first. They're your previous exhibitions.
You listed them like this:
- 2015 Solo Exhibition, Backward Writing and Frogs, Grey Art Gallery, New York, NY
- 2016 Juried Exhibition, Fazekas Gallery, Wharton, NJ
- 2015 Group Exhibition, Hallston Gallery, Knoxville, TN
If you've got only a few exhibitions, group them together. If you've got lots, consider grouping them by type.
Notice it's got all the chronological order of a Dali print?
That's because the Grey Art Gallery show is your best one by far.
Other Achievements to Put High Up on an Artist Resume
Several other items can figure prominently on a resume for an artist. They include grants, commissions, residency programs, collections, and collaborative projects.
- Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grant, 2012
- West Virginia State Arts Foundation Grant, 2017
How do you show grants on an artist cv? Put them in a separate section, ranked by their importance to the current reader.
- 2017 Up From Below, Steel Sculpture, Fayetteville Visitors Bureau
- 2015 Big Bridge, Paint on Glass, Union Street Bakery
Commissions can be another important feature on an artistic resume. List the year, the title, medium, and venue.
- Artist in Residence, Fayetteville, WV 2017
Residency programs lend heft like something buried in the dirt at Easter Island.
Show them on an arts resume by name, venue, and year. If you're applying for another residency, put them higher.
- Camilla Paddison Celsus Collection, Scituate, MA
- Albany Institute of Art Collection, Albany, NY
Show collections alphabetically. Get permission from any private collectors first. Avoid listing your Aunt Beth as a collector.
- 150 Times is the Charm, Hudspeth Theater, Boothbay Harbor, ME (performance in collaboration with Cynthia Blaisdelle)
- The National Shockey Playoffs, YouTube (video art in collaboration with Donald Stout)
Collaborative projects look good on performance artist resumes. They also help with resumes for digital artists or video artists.
List the year, title, venue, and collaborators.
How to Cite a Piece of Art
When making a beginner artist resume, it's OK to cite a single piece of art. Display the title and medium.
Ferns in Moonlight, paint on canvas
As a tip, it's better if the piece was reviewed, written up in a blog, or received an award. I'll show you how to write those into a curriculum vitae in a bit.
To flesh out a professional art gallery resume or other artist cv, look online for opportunities. Look for grants and sholarships.
Wondering how to put things like reviews, print media, conferences, and work experience on a resume for an artist? Stay tuned.
Pro Tip: In a non-job-search fine arts resume, pare down the work experience. That includes resumes for art galleries, exhibitions, and residencies.
Want some tips to custom-fit your professional artist resume? See our guide: " 6 Tips on How to Tailor Your Resume to a Job Description (Examples) "
Is Your Education Section too Minimalist? It Might Be
Where you put your education section depends on its importance.
Did you just graduate from London's Royal College of Art?
Yeah, go ahead and put that near the top.
Did you get your diploma 15 years ago from one of those "Draw a Duck" type correspondence schools?
Okay, maybe don't show that one on your painter resume .
Start your education section with the basics:
- College Name and Location.
- Years in School.
Then add details that show your artist chops.
Two Visual Artist Resume Examples
Holy dogs playing poker, right?
But add a few details and we're back up to Rembrandt level.
Now there's an art school graduate with passion, drive, and talent.
The key is, anyone can dust off past achievements for a creative artist resume.
Working on a self taught artist's resume? In that case, you can leave the education section out.
Pro Tip: If you went to a prestigious art school or graduated recently, put it a lot higher up on your artistic resume. If you graduated a long time ago, put it lower.
Make your painter resume less velvet Elvis and more Caravaggio. See our guide: " How to Put Your Education on a Resume [Tips & Examples] "
How to Add "Other" Sections to an Artist Resume
Let's get back to our exhibition juror, Sue.
Right now her face looks like something by Picasso.
She's worn out from reading 200+ artistic resumes, all three pages long.
Don't try to cram in everything you've ever done.
"Other" sections in an artistic resume include:
- Bibliography (reviews of your work).
- Publications of your work in print media or online.
- Write ups of your work in print, on radio, or on TV.
- References or gallery affiliations.
- Lectures or workshops you've attended or given.
- Conferences you've participated in.
- Awards you've received.
What do all these artist resume items have in common? They don't belong up top. That said, they make an attractive frame for your achievements.
Art Resume: Awards
- 2016 1st Place, Tamarack Juried Competition, WV
- 2015 3rd Place, Chelsea International Fine Art Competition
Awards are nice. But unless it's a big, national, prestigious one, they're far from vital.
As such, you can put them far down in the ranking order.
Here are a few more artist resume examples.
Bibliography (Anything written about you)
- "Promising New Artists in American Culture," Huffington Post, Claire Kirtley, 2017
- "Seven Times Around the World," Michael Danz, Wired, 2016
Publications as Author
- "Technique vs Flow in Oil Painting," Painting Loose
- "Mastery is a Boojum," From Street Art to Canvas
- Presentation, "The Artist Life," University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA, 2017
- Lecture, "Feeling vs Seeing," Alabama School of Fine Arts, 2016
- Studio 550, Manchester, NH
- Ridgewood Art Gallery, NJ
- TV Interview, WAXS News, West Virginia
- Radio Interview, WERH, Maine
Now of course you wouldn't put all those on a single resume. But then, ceci n'est pas un artist resume.
Pro Tip: Not sure how to format bibliography entries in your artist resume? See this set of style guides , or simply use this online tool .
If you're writing a beginner artist resume, you can add a hobbies section. Nobody does it, but it works so well. See our guide: " +20 Best Examples of Hobbies & Interests To Put on a Resume (5 Tips) "
How to Describe Your Artist Work Experience
Is the experience section important on a professional artist resume?
It is if you're applying for a job.
If you're going for a grant, a show, or an exposition, you can put it further down.
List your most recent job first. Match it to the job description.
Two Creative Artist Resumes Examples
Wow. Look who's on the pedestal.
The secret is achievements, backed by numbers.
Yikes. That's a bit Three Wolf Moon. It needs details. Real, tangible experience.
But what if you don't have any?
How to Write an Artist Resume with no Experience
There are lots of ways for artists to add experience to a resume.
The easiest? Dig deep into your job history and find experience that fills the bill.
Let's look at a job for a video game artist.
It cites a fast-paced environment, and a high standard of excellence.
So, here's how not to write your video game art resume.
Two Junior Web Developer Examples
That has all the fine detail of Rothko's Royal Red and Blue.
Instead, try this:
Wow. Your video game art resume just went from ick to Jan van Eyck.
But any junior artist can have a resume like that with just a little work. How? Apply for some quick one-off jobs at Indeed or Freelancer.com .
Pro Tip: Don't bore the reader with coloring-book language like "responsible for," or "worked as." Use engaging action words instead.
Need some action words for your professional fine arts resume? See our guide: " Resume Action Words for Every Profession "
How to Put Skills on a Resume for an Artist
Do skills matter on an artist resume?
If you're looking for a job, the answer's "yes."
Read the job offer carefully and highlight any skills you find.
Source a few more from job offers online.
Then list the most important ones in a special section of your artistic resume.
For example, let's go back to our video game artist job offer again.
For skills, it values creative thinking , 3D artwork , and Autodesk .
So, you'll list those on your resume. Then add a couple others like critical thinking skills, Adobe Illustrator and some hard skills .
Finally, you'll salt those skills throughout your artist resume experience section, like so:
- Produced high quality designs to expand and define the look of a major online game. Increased average reviewer art ratings by 26%.
- Handled an average of 50 video game art projects per year , including art for siege engines and flying machines, from concept through completion.
- Delivered all projects to high standards of creative excellence. Regularly satisfied a 110-point artwork inspection , officiated via focus group.
- Received frequent commendations from management for creative concepts and production artwork. Generated 150 new concept sketches per month .
That way you prove you've got those skills. It's the difference between saying you love Gabrielle Berlatier and sending her a gift to prove it.
Pro Tip: If you've got your sights set on a grant or other non-job goal, you can strike skills from your artistic resume. In some cases, touting them looks tacky.
Want to make your painter resume skills section stand out like Michelangelo's David? See these guides: " +30 Best Examples of What Skills to Put on a Resume (Proven Tips) " and " What to include in a Resume "
Here's the Most Common Myth About Cover Letters
" No one reads cover letters anymore ."
40% consider them essential.
Whether you're writing a beginner makeup artist resume or a resume for an experienced sculptor, you'll need a cover letter.
Like a Persian miniature, an artist cover letter should be short and powerful.
Write yours like this:
First, mention the reader by name.
Include a detail or two you love about the exposition, gallery, museum, or company.
Then tout your top 2-3 most impressive career achievements.
Last, add a call to action. That can be as simple as, "I'd love to talk with you about your gallery."
Did you know Leonardo da Vinci wrote a cover letter?
In it, he cites his ability to make bridges, cannons, and siege engines. He references catapults and "other instruments of wonderful efficiency."
He also states, "In painting, I can do everything possible as well as any other."
Should you be that bold? Probably not unless you're equally skilled. Remember, it's not bragging if you can prove it.
Plus, a great cover letter that matches your resume will give you an advantage over other candidates. You can write it in our cover letter builder here. Here's what it may look like:
See more cover letter templates and start writing.
Pro Tip: After you send your creative artist resume, follow up. A well-timed call or email can be just the thing to put you top-of-mind.
Need more help for your winning artist cover letter? See our guide: " How to Write a Professional Cover Letter "
How to Add Contact Info to Your Resume
Everyone adds contact info to an artistic resume. Don't they?
Not necessarily in the right way.
- Updated Phone Number
- Professional Email Address
Art Resume: Contact Info
Robert da Vinci, [email protected] 646-412-1223
Then add your LinkedIn profile and other social media accounts.
Above all, have an online portfolio, and link to it from your fine art resume.
A portfolio lets you strut your stuff beyond your artsy resume.
Need inspiration? See these 25 great art portfolio ideas and our guide: How to Make a Professional Website: Complete Guide + 9 Tips
Pro Tip: You can put a portfolio on a personal website or on LinkedIn. Not web savvy? Put it on Instagram or Pinterest.
Want more advice to make the best professional artist resume you can? See this guide: " How to Make a Resume for Any Job You Want "
By now, you know how to make a resume for artists that stands out from the others like a Rembrandt on a Walmart shelf. Just apply these strategies:
- Start with your most impressive "win." With only six seconds to impress, your artistic resume must work fast.
- Make several artistic resume templates, then adjust and personalize them every time you send one out.
- Create an online portfolio, and link your resume to it. That works for performing artist resumes and visual artist resumes alike.
Got questions or tips for how to make a great professional artist resume? Give us a shout in the comments section!
Don't miss out on exclusive stories that will supercharge your career!
Get a weekly dose of inspiration delivered to your inbox
Architecture Resume Examples & Template for 2023
A step-by-step guide to writing an architecture resume. 20+ actionable examples and tips from experts. Use our sample architect resume.
13+ Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign Resume Templates
The best Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign resume templates from all over the internet: all in one place (FREE templates included!). Download with a single click.
Creative Thinking Skills: Definition, Examples & Creativity Tips
See the best list of creative thinking skills and learn how to use them for greatest impact. Plus, expert tips on how to boost creativity in 5 quick steps *now*!
Artist Resume: Examples and Tips
Artists compose paintings, sketches and prints, representing themselves or creating work for commissioned customers. An artist can specialize in a particular medium or style of art, such as working with inks, watercolors, charcoal, oil, paints, pencils or computer software programs.
Create a resume that shows both your creative side and your ability to fill an artist position using these expert examples and tips.
Table of Contents
Featured Resume Example: 3D Artist
Top 4 characteristics of a best-in-class 3d artist resume, find the right template for your resume.
- Do’s and don’ts for your resume
Artist Resume FAQ
- Pair your resume with a matching cover letter
- Resume examples for the next step in your arts career
Name: KEVIN HANSON
Address: City, State, Zip Code Phone: 000-000-0000 E-Mail: [email protected]
Creative and motivated Artist with progressive career experience in various forms of structure and design. Known for strengths in project design, planning and management to exceed customer expectations.
Artist 01/2017 to Current Company Name, City, State
- Created custom drawings and paintings using fine oils, acrylics and charcoal on high quality canvas.
- Interfaced with art director, designer, production manager and print producer.
- Preserved branding standards of assigned accounts.
Art Teacher 09/2009 to 06/2015 Company Name, City, State
- Responsible for developing course outlines that had to be approved by the school and the board of regents.
- Assisted in developing much of the reference material that was used for each class.
- Developed a series of unique projects that succeeded in getting students excited about art.
Design Assistant 07/2006 to 02/2011 Company Name, City, State
- Assisted interior designer in designing and creating comfortable and functional environments to represent clients’ lifestyle, taste and budget.
- Conducted market research to understand trends and customer preferences.
- Developed design deliverables that elevated, differentiated and functioned on-brand and on-strategy.
- Technical illustration
- Visual Art Creation
- Corporate identity branding
- Painted finishes
Master of Arts: Design City, State
- Summary In a few crisp sentences, present a blend of skills and experiences that display your top strengths and show how you’re a good fit for the job opportunity. For example: “Dedicated artist with extensive knowledge of 2D motion art, and project design, planning and management.”
- Skills Present a balanced mix of technical skills, such as “visual art creation,” “logo design,” or “proficiency with digital and 35mm cameras,” and intangible (or soft skills) such as “strong creative sense” or “creative planning.” You can also highlight skills in programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign or Adobe Illustrator.
- Work History Many artists have experience as art teachers, designers, or design assistants, so mention your accomplishments in these areas. Showcase projects you’ve successfully completed (e.g., “Created 15 custom drawings and paintings onclient commission, using fine oils, acrylics and charcoal on high-quality canvas”), and list any recognitions you’ve received for your work (e.g., being featured at an exhibition or arts journal, or placing in an art contest).
- Education Feature your highest academic credentials, such as a bachelor’s in Art History, BFA in Graphic Design, M.A., Master’s in Design or MFA. You should also mention additional training or certifications you have, such as Adobe Creative Suite certification.
See Why My Perfect Resume is a 5-Star Resume Builder
Give your resume the right look with these professionally designed templates.
This straightforward yet colorful layout is divided into two columns, with prominent headers making it easy for readers to navigate.
This clean design uses graphic blocks for section headings, effectively organizing your credentials. An elegant font for the job seeker’s name provides extra class.
Each section in this layout is set off with sleek headers, while leaving plenty of free space to arrange your information.
For even more free templates you can use for your resume, visit our resume templates section.
Do’s and Don’ts for Your Resume
- DO use punchy phrases and verbs. use active verbs and crisp phrases instead of long long-winded sentences that start with “I” and “we,” For example, rather than writing “I consulted with clients to discuss commission ideas and style preferences so that we could create mutually agreeable project parameters,” write “Consulted with clients to discuss commission ideas and style preferences, creating mutually agreeable project parameters.” Space is at a premium in your resume, so use it on critical information rather than pronouns.
- DO make sure your resume isn’t too long. As we mentioned just above, it’s best to keep your resume lean. Aim for a length of two pages at most, and only share information that directly addresses the position you’re interested in. For example, experience keeping track of supply inventory in an administrative gig is a worthy skill, but it won’t help you stand out when it comes to showing you have the right artistic vision for a particular project.
- DO tailor your resume for each job opening. An artist position for an advertising agency will have very different requirements than a role in a private gallery. Make sure you revise your resume summary, skills and work history to best fit what the job needs. If you use one of the resume examples on this page, our tools help you to adjust and save different versions of your resume easily.
- DON’T send in your resume without proofing it. Even a minor mistake in your resume can have a negative effect on recruiters . Check for grammatical and spelling errors before you turn in your resume, and double-check your facts, such as dates worked in past jobs. For extra insurance, use our Resume Builder , which will scan your resume for these types of errors.
- DON’T forget to quantify your skills and achievements. Make your accomplishments come alive using numbers and specific details. For example, earning a spot in a student art exhibition is impressive, but it’s even more impressive when you note that you were one of only 10 artists selected from a pool of 150. Applying numbers to your achievements makes them more tangible, and gives recruiters a better idea of your impact. For example: “Developed unique projects for two-month art gallery exhibit that attracted 5,000 visitors each week” leaves more of an impression than “Developed unique projects that succeeded in getting students excited about art.”
- DON’T forget to use relevant keywords related to the art industry. You can extract specific keywords for an artist position from the job description. Note down requirements such as “a keen eye for aesthetics and details,” match these keywords with your own skills and experiences (e.g., “Completed art project for city government that gained recognition from local newspaper for its aesthetic daring”), and incorporate them in your resume. For more keyword tips, see How to Use Keywords Effectively .
1. What are some top skills you can mention in a resume for this position?
2. how should i format my resume for the position of an artist, 3. how should i update my resume to take the next step in my career, 4. what are some examples of extra certifications for an artist, 5. how do you create an “elevator pitch” for your resume.
- Constructive drawing
- Ability to compose pieces from life and/or from memory and imagination
- Knowledge of art materials and their use
- Knowledge of basic art concepts and rules of perspective
- Composition skills
- Knowledge of current design and graphic trends
- Proficiency with aesthetics and design concepts
- Thinking outside the box
- Imaginative and creative
- Presentation skills
If you’re an experienced applicant with many credits to your name, consider a chronological format for your resume, which highlights your career accomplishments. If you’re a recent graduate or just starting out in the art world, use a functional format , which emphasizes the skills and training you already have. If you’re between these two extremes, you can use a combination format , which features a blend of pertinent accomplishments and skills.
To continue moving forward, look to improve yourself in these areas:
- More opportunities to successfully display leadership, whether it’s a major art project, or managing clients to complete a successful project.
- Networking with established artists and participating in art events such as gallery openings and shows.
- Keep yourself informed and up to date on art trends, and incorporate them in your artwork.
- More examples of creating art for specific target groups, and gaining recognition of your work.
Apart from your standard degree, there’s training in a variety of areas you can take advantage of to improve your skills, and buff up your resume. For example:
- 2-D design fundamentals
- Software courses
- Graduate Diploma in Art and Design
- Graduate Diploma: Art, Design and Media
- Production design
- Diploma in Fine Arts
- Color theory
- Digital imaging
Recruiters usually only take a few seconds to scan a resume, so grab their attention from the get-go by making your summary statement an elevator pitch . Pick out a few skills and traits you have that best fit what the job needs, and then present them in a few sentences. Throw in an important accomplishment too, if you have one. For example: “Flexible, dedicated artist who specializes in hand-drawn art and oil-paint based works. Received ‘best new artist’ honors at Anytown University annual student art show.”
Pair your Resume with a Matching Cover Letter
Resume Examples for the Next Step in your Arts Career
- Art Administrator Resume
- Floral Designer Resume
- Illustrator Resume
- Painter Resume
- Tattoo Artist Resume
COVER LETTER BUILDER
- Toggle Button
2019 - Ongoing
2018 - 2019
2016 - 2018
2012 - 2016
3D Artist Resume Examples & Guide for 2023
Customize this resume with ease using our seamless online resume builder.
Average resume stats for your industry
Top Skills for 3d Artist resume
Substance Designer/ painter
Try more resume templates
How to write the perfect 3D artist resume experience section
3d artist resume: how to write a strong skills section, 3d artist resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices, 3d artist resume summary: things to include and things to avoid, highlighting education, courses, and certifications in your 3d artist resume, 3d artist resume format 101, other sections for your 3d artist resume, a 3d artist resume recruiters would love, what makes a great 3d artist resume: key takeaways, industry stats.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 3D Artist positions are at a 14% growth rate, which is faster than average. With that said, there are currently 48,200 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 7,000 to 55,200 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the 3D Artist jobs was $49,120 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $22,100 , and the highest 10% more than $112,930 .
Our conclusion? The 3D Artist job market is wide open for candidates.
Top 3D artist sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
3D artist experience section: checklist
- List your positions in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Go for 4-6 bullet points;
- Add only relevant work experience;
- Include information about the challenges you’ve faced, the actions you’ve taken, and the results you’ve achieved;
- Use action verbs instead of filler words.
We’ve selected some of the top 3D Artist resumes made using the Enhancv platform to illustrate what a great experience section looks like. Use them as inspiration when building your own resume:
- successfully launched a indie title Truck Off Racing multiplayer game
- Assist in visualizing future road project Nolte road simulation
- Helped create 3d content packs
- Under the guidance of the architectes and the project manager, I manage and advise on project 3d resource planning and schedules.
- I provide feedback to the Creative Director for review purposes and I manage and work with a team of 3D artists to maintain quality throughout the project.
- I am specialized in content design, motion design & concept visualisation
- Managed deliveries and technical input specialization inside the scope of 3d Modelling which help the business saved over 150k of 3rd party vendor contracts.
- Part of a 3 man team that created over 34 video production projects and 3 uniquely complex video production while the primary contributor of Info graphics animations over the course of 2+ years.
- Serves as one of the Branding Champion for Automation Solutions a business platform for EMERSON
- Delivers with an of average 5+ image assets weekly for the purposes of Web application, Marketing automation, Social Media Listening, Events and Trade shows.
- Creates assessment for new and upcoming projects with the objectives of process efficiency and on time delivery.
- Managed 5 different projects with a sustainable and competitive business model.
- Successfully collaborated with clients and POC's on 4 different Mobile game projects with a result of early product shipment.
- Digital models and Image assets QA with added ability to troubleshoot.
- Managed team workload and schedules of an 11 people team with a wide range different specialization.
- Designed and Implemented Efficient project pipelines creating a an agile and flexible workforce.
- Created over 20 Digital sculpts projects for 3d printed figures output.
- Produced various 3d models for 3 game projects.
- Established the art direction of Ridge Racer Draw & Drift, Rakoo's Adventure, and several more mobile games.
- Supervised and worked on the creation of game assets, UI, animations, concept arts, environments and characters.
- Hired, led and mentored the studio art team (up to 7 artists), making sure they enjoyed their job and delivered awesome work on time.
- Created high quality marketing art for our games and our studio, including logos, websites, app screenshots, key arts, trailers.
- Directed and worked on game cinematics and short films, from storyboard to compositing and editing.
- Oversaw and managed external art resources.
- Built 3D levels for mobile and console games (Playstation 3) using Unreal and Unity engines, following level design directions.
- Modeled, textured, baked environment assets and characters, ready for realtime usage.
- Drew concept arts for environments and characters.
- San Andreas
- Mad Max Fury Road
- Avengers Age Of Ultron
- Coordinated with Design and Content Team to develop a full Project on E-Learning Module
- Worked with Senior Management and the account team to understand the business objectives and advertising strategy
- Liaised with the creative agency team and consumers to develop media strategies and campaigns
- Undertaking research and analyzing data using specialist industry resources
- Worked as a 3d Animation artist
- Looked after 3d Product and human modeling using 3d applications
- Worked as a rendering person to render the entire episodes using high-end MAYA rendering mechanism.
- Design of Ganja Hotel
- Design of private houses
- Design of turkish candy shop
- Created and launched a Mobile Game (Munch Elite)
- Currently developing a web platform (Staffyourself.com.au) and launched innital prototype stage
- Currently prototyping a 3rd person action game "Project Doughnut"
- Website Design
- Graphical design
- 3D animations
- Post production
- Character animation
- Creating TV commercials, movie effects
- Developing story-board
- Creating TV commercials and main titles
- 3D modelling
- Developing interactive characters
- Improved quality and style of Animation (From Mocap animation to classic hand animated)
- Established better workflow and communication among the departments for more efficient working
- Gained a lot of experience as a supervisor with multiple responsibilities
- Maintaining the Animation Archive
- Supervising and communication with freelancers
- Gained experiences in a small team of professionals
- Working closely with costumers and other art departments
- Working efficient and deadline oriented
- Improved my skills in making the perfect coffee for each individual
- Managed internal development team of five to produce original casino games 3D environment reporting to Managing director in Belgium
- Produced and led the redesign of online slot Machine 3D environment
- Implemented new ideas with help of team members in planning new projects
- Recruited to bring a fresh approach to Companies flagship online casino games
- Responsible for producing 3D environment, production Management and worked closely with HR team to recruit candidate
- Responsible for Facial animation –“Pandavas -The five warriors” full length animation feature production ,which was widely recognized for its technical innovation
- Was part of Organizing / Volunteering Committee of EGO 2000 a 3 day forum for the entertainment graphics industry worldwide
- Joined as a Project trainee ,3 months later promoted to animator
- Successfully lead a team to technically setup an iCombat game arena; installing sensors, lights and programmable media players (Nov-Dec 2016)
- Creating CG models and animations for production
- Laser animation and programming
Include quantitative data throughout your 3D Artist resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action verbs for your 3D artist resume
- Can I Leave a Job I Was Fired From Off My Resume?
- Resume Job Description: Samples & Tips To Help You Enhance Your Application
The ultimate 3D artist skills section checklist:
- Balance between all kinds of hard skills – technical, analytical, etc.
- When it comes to technical skills, match them to the job description;
- Add keywords present in the job advert to pass ATS;
- Don’t forget to list transferable skills such as communication, teamwork, work ethic, and presentation skills.
Top skills for your 3D artist resume
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
- 24 Important Soft Skills And How The Employers Like To See Them Оn Your Resume
Checklist for your 3D artist resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- How to Put LinkedIn On Your Resume
Are Photos On Your Resume Unprofessional? [Expert Advice]
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your 3D Artist resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Job-winning 3D Artist resume summary checklist:
- Mention your total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight one or two of your top achievements;
- Avoid getting into too much detail – you’ll do that in the experience section;
- Focus on short sentences that are easy to read and add value to your application.
Resume summary formula:
Read the job description carefully and understand what the hiring company is exactly looking for. After that, write your summary accordingly while highlighting your potential and ability to be the best at that job.
- How To Write An Effective Resume Profile (With Examples)
Education section checklist:
- What? Where? What’s the result? Answer these questions when mentioning education and courses on your resume;
- Give preference to courses and degrees that are relevant to the job position;
- Be honest! Some recruiters love checking with colleges and universities to see if you’ve really been enrolled in them;
- Share more about certifications that have helped you turn into a professional, and mention the bodies that have issued them.
Top certifications for your 3D artist resume
Blender Environment Artist: Create 3D Worlds
Learn Blender 2.8 basics & its Eevee Rendering Engine. Create 3D Assets For Video Games & Make Unique Environment Props
The Complete 3D Artist: Learn 3D Art by Creating 3 Scenes
Learn 3D Modeling, Sculpting, Lighting, Texturing, Rendering & Compositing using Blender in One Complete Course
Learn Blender 3D - Become a 3D artist today
Learn the basics and beyond of modelling, texturing, rendering and animation using Blender3D
The Blender 2.8 Encyclopedia
Complete beginner-to-advanced guide for Blender 2.8 and 2.9
ZEN and the art of making a living as a 3D artist
Stop looking for 3d artist jobs and think like an entrepreneur
- How To Include Your Relevant Coursework On A Resume
- Should I Put In An Incomplete Degree On A Resume?
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
If a couple of years ago 3D Artist resumes could be text files with no graphic elements, today’s recruiters need a bit more to remember you.
And yet, you can still choose between three basic resume formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format ;
- Functional skills-based resume format ;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format .
But when it comes to choosing the right format for your 3D Artist resume, there are two factors to keep in mind: your experience and whether you’re looking for an industry change.
The reverse-chronological format is the most common one. That being said, it gives recruiters exactly what they’re used to in terms of order and information. However, it’s not suitable for applicants with employment gaps or not enough experience.
We at Enhancv suggest the functional skills-based resume format for people with limited work experience who find reverse-chronological resumes irrelevant. This format showcases the applicant’s most significant accomplishments, skills, and strengths.
Don’t miss our resume format checklist:
- Go for a traditional easy-to-read resume font sized 10-12p;
- Don’t risk it: choose standard 1-inch resume margins ;
- Make sure your 3D Artist resume fits in one to two pages ;
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid having it edited by someone else.
Looking for more tips? Check out our job-winning guide for crafting a resume that gets you remembered !
- Parts of a Job-Winning Resume: How to Choose Resume Elements
- Resume Headings To Stand Out With
Sometimes you’ll want to go after a job which requires more experience than you have. Instead of using a typical 3D Artist resume layout, you can use a creative layout. Getting noticed is the most important challenge and a creative resume layout might help you get invited for an interview as most of other accountants have boring resume designs.
If the position you’re applying for allows for that, you can include some non-traditional sections in your resume. This will add a bit more depth to your application and will also give the hiring manager a better idea of who you are as a person.
Some ideas include:
- Hobbies and interests
- Language skills
- Volunteer work
You’ve drafted an amazing 3D Artist resume, but are still not sure whether it will make a strong first impression? After all, recruiters go over tens of resumes each day, right?
Right! And the recipe for getting their attention includes a dash of creativity.
What’s more, a creative resume is perfect for adding your personality to the mix. For example, you could mention your favorite books, quotes, movies, or even what your day usually looks like. Regardless of what you choose, make sure your levels of creativity match the industry, the company, and the position. Otherwise, your resume might look silly and inapt.
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.
Looking to build your own 3D Artist resume?
- Resume Examples
Expert Guide on How to Get a Job at a Nonprofit
How to Tailor My Resume to the Job Description
5 Things We Learned From Helping 249 Engineers Write Their Resumes
Past or Present Tense on Resume: What Should I Use?
The one time Seth Godin got it wrong
- Create Resume
- Terms of Service
- HTML Sitemap
- Resume Builder
- Resume Templates
- Resume Formats
- Resume Checker
- Resume Skills
- How to Write a Resume
- Modern Resume Templates
- Simple Resume Templates
- CV Examples
- CV Templates
- How to Write a CV
- Cover Letter Builder
- Cover Letter Examples
- Cover Letter Templates
- Cover Letter Formats
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- Resume Guides
- Cover Letter Guides
- Job Interview Guides
- Job Interview Questions
- Career Resources
- Meet our customers
- Career resources
- French (FR)
- Swedish (SE)
© 2023 . All rights reserved.
Made with love by people who care.
3D Artist Resume Samples
3D Artists are hired in a variety of fields for delivering 3D creations in producing music, video, movies, computer games and other for commercials. The 3D Artist resume describes duties such as using computer technology to create a matching script, giving special effects, using software and hand drawing techniques, creating three-dimensional pictures, creating animation , graphics, assisting in the creation of storyboards, editing animations and giving corresponding effects based on feedback.
The skills that are typically expected from candidates applying for this post include – strong creativity, high-end computer knowledge of 3D animation, graphics and other related software, networking abilities, and artistic talent. Education requirements for this post include a degree or certification or an associate’s degree in the field of art, movie production, animation, technical drawing, or graphic designing.
- Resume Samples
- Art & Design
3D Artist Resume
Objective : After working in a top tier government position for more than 10 years, it has taught to adapt, learn and improve skills in critical thinking, project management, hard decision making and thinking outside the box while listening, taking suggestions and making tough, accurate decisions to achieve 100% mission success.
Skills : High Poly Modeling,Low Poly Modeling, Texturing, Game.
- Worked closely with Architects and General Contractors in the design and implementation of both Residential and Commercial projects.
- Prepared information regarding design, specifications and materials.
- Leading contributor and coordinator of design problem-solving.
- Responsible for Specialist in 3D architectural renderings and architectural visualization.
- Created of 3D assets, Material creation, and node-based shader creation in various software packages.
- Oversaw the hiring process to help expand the business Skills Used Patience, leadership, organization, multi-tasking, understanding, quick learning, creative problem-solving.
- Constructed various 3D models and animations for military simulations and training created various texture maps: diffuse, specular, bump, normal, and displacement making computer simulations seem realistic.
Jr. 3D Artist Resume
Objective : Highly collaborative and results driven artist with Company and over 10 years' experience delivering high quality graphic design. Skilled in developing visual storytelling, layout development and design for digital and print media. Exceptional communicator and excels in a collaborative environment with creative brainstorming as an inspiration. Strong project management skills and taking ideas from concept to completion.
Skills : Photoshop, Photography, Management Skills, Creative Direction, Architecture Redering, Art Direction.
- Generated high-quality renderings and animations.
- Collaboratively worked and fostered relationships between client and staff.
- Created 3D renderings, animation, graphic design Oversaw design projects from concept to completion, which included creating 3D renderings, animation, and graphic design; ensured the highest quality of work and client satisfaction.
- Designed and co-authored, 65 pages, instructional manual on how to build 3D architecture models for new hires, which resulted in reduced training time by 50% and produced higher quality models.
- Generated 3D home models, depicting the detailed layout of the floor plan which provided visualization of miss-aligned drafting, which prevented potential costly construction errors.
- Participated in the development of a 3D assets library, which was utilized to enhance rendered images and created an image in a more realistic setting.
- Animated Systems Team Leader Modeling and animation of various airplane cockpits, engines, landing gear, gauges and other parts for flight simulation and pilot training.
- Supervised the production of American Eagle EMB-145 "Self Learning Systems" and ordered and coordinated all narrations for "Self Learning Systems".
Objective : To help continue to build our creative muscle at Mythical Games. Help with a variety of tasks involved in the creation of art assets such as modeling, texturing, and lighting.
Skills : 3D modeling, Digital / Traditional painting, Animation, Graphic Design.
- Created background assets, and characters for a variety of projects including, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for the iPhone/iPod, and the Ratatouille game.
- Made high res, low poly, uv's, map projection, and textures for all assets worked on.
- Created background assets from example pictures, with style in mind.
- Made high res, low poly, uv's, map projections, and textures.
- Responsible for texturing, and finishing characters for Shrek 4 promotion for McDonald's as their client.
- Modeled sets in collaboration with 2D animators and other 3D artists Modeled objects and background elements.
- Designed 3D characters, objects, and backgrounds for use in animated scenes for games and other software Worked Remotely Skills used Blender.
3D Artist I Resume
Objective : Passionate game developer who originally was only a 3D Artist, but decided to learn c# programming and game development using Unity 3D, a wonderful and friendly Game Engine widely known in the game development community, to increase the chance of involve in a team of game development, since work opportunities at the time where not much in the game creation area.
Skills : 3D Studio Max, Unity 3d, C#, After Effects, Photoshop, Zbrush.
- Created 2D graphics for applications and games GUI for mobile.
- Made 3D animations for several applications, games, and for the content portal.
- Took part with 3D/2D graphics for an over 200 items library of the content portal.
- Transferred to Procyon Solutions, who resided inside the campus as well.
- Model and texture sports logos and assets for the use in broadcasted events such as NCAA March Madness, MLB All-Star Game, League tournaments.
- Create a space ship planetarium interior for the use of VR demonstration at Comic-Con.
- Responsible for modeling and texturing 3d assets to be used as CG backplates for a live-action harry potter parody.
3D Artist II Resume
Headline : r3D Artist role will be a part of the business development team, working to create beautiful presentations to secure projects for the studio or sell our IP
Skills : low poly modeling, Hi poly modeling, Tilable texture sheets, Modular design,Vray.
- Took an active role in doing Animation, Modeling, Lighting and Compositing, IK set-up on Characters.
- Worked closely with the Production Managers, Supervisors, and 3D Artists for the production of a good quality film.
- Participated in creating Animation Scenes for the movie Hoodwinked.
- Achieved Knowledge in Mel Scripting and Linux OS.
- Handled Texturing & Lighting for the Hoodwinked project.
- Achieved skills in Particle FX, and Shave and Haircut for the movie "Hoodwinked 2" Demo Reel.
- Worked with the art director and creating 3D characters for use in mobile and web games.
3D Artist III Resume
Summary : Specialize in modeling 3D environments for games and animated shorts. To work in the gaming industry utilizing my 3D modeling skills.
Skills : 3D Studio Max, Maya, Photoshop, Photoshop, Zbrush.
- Responsible for general terrain modelling, texturing, and Architectural building production.
- Identified and reviewed task risks and recommend solutions and contingencies.
- Untitled Project (In production) Worked on the Environment Team.
- Created map environments for in-game and cut scenes.
- Worked on the Vehicles Team.
- Responsible for general vehicle updates For the last three years at Rockstar North, responsible for creating efficient poly map environments to a set budget for in-game and cut scenes.
Asst. 3D artist Resume
Objective : 6 years experience in 3D Design, working in games, advertisement and real estate In-depth understanding of Maya, 3ds Max, Unity,V-Ray and strong knowledge of Photoshop Familiar with various steps in the 3D modeling process including environmental design Portfolio: http://www.juliaaber.net/.
Skills : Autodesk Maya, Photoshop, UDK / Unreal Engine, Zbrush, Painting, Game Design, Adobe Premiere, Storyboarding, Unity, Perforce, Illustrator.
- Modeled of architectural objects from drawings.
- Filled scenes vegetation, elements of interior and exterior.
- Textured objects, according to the wishes of customers, or at its own discretion unless there are clear assignments.
- Rendered scenes and subsequent post-processing in a graphics program.
- Created 3D illustrations, concepts, and storyboards
- Responsible for Model, texture, rig environment, character and vehicle assets.
- Worked on game Blood of the Werewolf re topo'd existing assets created new assets stylized textures.
Associate 3D Artist Resume
Headline : Experienced in 3D modeling, texturing, rendering environments, compositing, and lighting, and the ability to work within and across large, interdependent teams, requiring an implicit understanding of the balance required between artistry, communication, and partnership.
Skills : Painting, Management.
- Participated in group meetings.
- Developed 3D models of characters for the movie trailers.
- Demonstrated the overall development process of 3d development and production pipeline.
- Showed a cost-effective way for easy character rigging.
- Responsible for Model and texture asset for a mobile game for the iPhone Collaborate with the art director and producer Finish each asset in a timely manner.
- Responsible for Model 3-D game props using Maya and Photoshop, texture them.
- Worked in a team Worked with Clients to deliver polished final products.
Lead 3D Artist Resume
Summary : 3D Artist professional is to constantly be an effective 3d FX team member while assisting senior artists to achieve the best visual outcomes for fully realized projects.
Skills : Autodesk Maya, 3D Studio Max, Pixologic Z-Brush, FX Plugins.
- Created organic and hard surface assets including creatures, characters, environments, vehicles and props.
- Responsible for UV unwrapping using multiple projections in Autodesk Maya while taking into account size and space.
- Accurately modeled objects from concept drawings using Autodesk Maya and Pixologic Z-brush.
- Detailed sculpting and creating normal & displacement maps in Z-brush and Photoshop.
- Textured layers to achieve a hyper-realistic look by creating smaller texture maps inside Photoshop.
- Built environments inside of the Unity game engine.
- Responsible for Active team participation in game testing.
Objective : 3D Artist is comfortable creating rough sketches and collaborating with other artists throughout the process to create industry-leading final illustrations.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Produced a broad spectrum of concept work needed in a studio. Everything from quick thumbnails through to final illustrations and renders.
- Collaborated with Art Directors, Production Teams, Concept Artists and Content Leads.
- Created high quality concept art that communicates style, mood, and tone of a world.
- Created realistic-looking 3D assets to be used in VR and AR
- Responsible for Import export .OBJ or .FBX to and from Unity
- Responsible forTexturing and UV coordinates with optimal Texel density of 3D models
3D Artist Resume Guide with Templates and Real Examples
As a 3D Artist you’re skilled at bringing animated environments to life, but do you know how to add texture to your own resume? We can help! Map out a more colorful career with our professional resume writing templates for animation experts.
3D Artist Resume Example MSWord® Download our free 3D Artist Resume Template in Word and model your career into vivid, animated life
Writing a resume can be a challenge.
In particular, 3D artists want to showcase their technical skills and artistic abilities alongside their work experience and professional attributes. For artists, there is no one-size-fits-all, and you want your job application to express your creativity and unique nature !
Here you will find:
Jobseekers may be able to assemble the skeleton of a resume draft by following a resume template or even a 3D artist resume template, but filling in all the personal information will be unique to each individual as well as each job.
3D Artist Resume Sample
You might be wondering what an artistic resume should include to be called by a recruiter.
Let’s take a look at this example below:
[1285 Boulevard Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 | 678-545-1810 | [email protected]]
Creative and detail-oriented 3D Artist with a comprehensive background in the digital arts, including environment assets design, character assets designs, objects textures, and banner/logo development. Self-motivated and hard-working professional accustomed to performing well under pressure and completing all projects within schedule. Looking for and is open to any interesting opportunities in 3D design.
Motion Animation Studio | Pittsburgh, PA
2019 – 2021
- Created 3D animations for over 300 YouTube videos for a series of clients
- Worked well with a team in a high pressure environment
Freelance | Pittsburgh, PA
2016 – 2018
- Completed animations for videos and games for online clients
- Average rating of five stars, project success rate of 96%
M.F.A. in Animation
University of Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh, PA 2015 – 2016
B.A. in History of Art
University of Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh, PA 2010 – 2015
- Personal Website: cjparedes.com
- Online Portfolio: cjparedes.contently.com
- Instagram: @cjparedes.artist
- Tumblr: @cjparedes.artist
What’s the Best 3D Artist Resume Format?
A classic resume is easy to read at a glance and concise . The hiring manager may be going through hundreds of resumes quickly, and if you can make yours unique and easy to browse, you may save them from feeling like they are doing hours of boring homework.
You should emphasize the parts of your resume that you want to stand out .
Resumes are typically one page in length . Although there are exceptions for specific industries or positions, this generally is a good rule to follow unless instructed otherwise.
The typical resume structure puts one’s name and personal information at the top, followed by clearly delineated sections, such as:
- Work Experience
- Volunteer Work
- Relevant Courses s
The amount and order of these may change based on the individual. For example, a student or new graduate may need more Volunteer Work or Coursework to beef up a resume, but once your relevant Work Experience grows, it will likely be more important. Work experience may then bump off some or all of your other sections.
3D Artist Description
A three-dimensional (3D) artist creates art that is, of course, three-dimensional. A 3D artist might create animations, graphics, models, visual effects, and other digital artifacts.
This art may appear in various modes and projects. Comics, anime, video games , movies, books, animation pieces, and digital advertising campaigns are just a few pieces of media that need the skills of a 3D artist.
The demand for 3D artists exists . As the world goes more and more digital, online spaces demand realistic, impressive art that blends seamlessly into people’s lives.
So how do you tap into that demand?
Aspiring or existing 3D artists looking for jobs might have all the skills or simply the potential to fit well in a job, but they need to be able to communicate that to employers.
Remember, when a hiring manager takes you on their team, they assume a particular financial risk. That’s why employers want to be sure of a few things :
- You can fill the role and complete the projects that they need from you, thus earning back your salary so that they can afford to maintain the team and the business.
- You will be easy to work with and not cause rifts in the team or strain relationships with clients.
- If you get the job, you plan on staying to see their projects through, and they won’t have to go through the recruitment process again in just a few weeks or months.
Thinking from that perspective, what qualifications and experience do you need to include on your resume to showcase that you are worth the risk of taking someone new onto their team?
Don’t panic if you don’t have the perfect resume ready to send out right now. This article will go over the skills and qualifications a typical 3D artist would have, and then how to design a resume and application materials to pursue this career.
How to Write a 3D Artist Resume Summary or Resume Objective
Many people, especially new graduates whose resume content might not indicate the direction of their careers, will include a summary or objective toward the top of their resume .
Unless a job description requires this, it is only a suggestion. Still, it could help clarify one’s goals if they are unclear from one’s choices in education, work experience, extracurriculars, or coursework.
Summaries are more relevant for those with a significant amount of job experience to summarize. On the other hand, an objective may work better for a more recent graduate or person changing careers, since they may still have more goals than quantifiable accomplishments.
A summary is a short description of you and your potential. For example, a 3D Artist summary might state:
A resume objective for a 3D Artist will state one’s goals in one to two sentences, such as:
“To apply and expand my technical graphic design knowledge gained through coursework through a position as a graphic design assistant.”
3D Artist Qualifications
Like many jobs, there is no one path to becoming a 3D artist. But there are specific qualifications that you will want to highlight.
A recruiter or hiring manager is looking for someone who can fulfill their needs and reasonably complete their project. So a resume isn’t just about bragging; it’s about effectively communicating to someone that you’re the best one for their specific task- that you can fill the role effectively.
Is Your Education Section In Need of a Visual Illustration? It Might Be
Most jobs will require applicants to have at least a bachelor’s degree, which typically would be completed in art, graphic design, computer graphics, animation, or a related field like illustration .
Further education may be a plus but is unlikely to be required, especially for entry-level jobs. Some jobs may not require a degree, but you would likely need to list some online courses, certifications, or training to prove that you have the necessary skills in your 3D artist summary.
The Best 3D Artist Skills for a Resume
Technology skills and artistic ability will intersect at many points for a 3D artist, and a 3D designer resume will showcase this.
Software and programming skills will be highly sought after by employers. Some examples are:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- 3D Studio Max
Don’t forget about so-called soft skills: experience in teamwork, collaboration, and communication skills will be relevant to many jobs seeking a 3D artist and should be especially highlighted in a 3D animator resume, 3D modeler resume, 3D designer resume, and other opportunities that involve collaborating within and across departments.
How to Describe Your 3D Artist Experience
Work experience can show an employer that you have tangible practice using the skills you have outlined. Holding down a job or working on various projects demonstrates a proven ability to work within a team, meet a deadline, or produce a finished product.
Even those entering the workforce for the first time can showcase internships, school projects, or freelance work on their beginner 3D artist resume.
If an employer is looking for a unique task of unique capability, you should communicate to them that you can fulfill that task.
A few specializations in this niche may include:
- 3D modeler resume
- 3D animator resume
- 3D character artist resume
- 3D environment artist resume
- 3D game artist resume
- 3D lighting artist resume
- General 3D designer resume
Within film animation, rigging, the creation of 3D characters or objects, and animation , the application of techniques to control the motions of those 3D creations, could be specializations.
Displaying Your Qualifications
The purpose of a resume is to display your qualifications, ideally in the best light and in a way that makes a hiring manager or program consider you for the job.
Using keywords used in the job description , emphasizing your most relevant experience, editing content specific to each position, and displaying quantitative data are all excellent tricks for an effective resume.
Education and Work Experience
A resume should list your education , whether it is a certification, online courses, or a degree in a particular subject from a university.
In addition, many people will include their GPA and any honors one has been awarded. However, some people choose to omit them if they are unfavorable, as long as the job listing does not specify including them.
Key 3D Art Resume Skills
The following are some examples of:
Time management Meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality Organization Collaboration Creativity Project management Invoicing Problem-Solving Fulfill customer orders Independence
Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) Maya, Revit, 3D Studio Max Other 3D software Game Engine ZBrush Research prior to projects Character modeling Rigging Animation
Other 3D Artist Resume Sections
Resumes may seem formulaic, but they’re very flexible.
You can use a resume template and consult a free resume builder for assistance to maximize your efforts.
Name with Contact Information, Education, and Skills will likely appear on most if not all of your resumes, regardless of the job listing. To bulk up your content or provide alternative content for jobs to which they may be more relevant, consider these other 3D artist resume sections.
As mentioned above, a summary , for people with experience they want to provide at a glance, or an objective , for someone who may need to clarify their goals and intentions related to their general career or the specific job opportunity.
- Volunteer Experience could showcase skills you did not learn from a job. It could also catch a recruiter’s eye for nonprofit or other jobs that include a charitable component.
- For current students or recent graduates, more of your knowledge and skills may be theoretical. A Relevant Courses section can show that, even if you don’t have work experience in a particular skill, you still know how to do it due to this course. Those searching for internships may find this section particularly helpful.
- Certain positions or listings may specifically ask for extra sections or even extra materials. Some artistic fields may request a portfolio or other sample of your work. You could consider making a print portfolio, or making an online portfolio on a website like Contently, and simply including the link in your resume.
Ideally, the content in a portfolio or sample and the content in your resume should support each other, showing off the skills and abilities you have claimed to have. 3D artists have an opportunity to show, not tell, or show in addition to telling , when descriptions may not always do justice to their work.
How Does the Best Cover Letter For a 3D Artist Job Looks Like?
A cover letter should not simply summarize the information on your resume. As much as you may be tempted to list out all of those skills and accomplishments again, stick to the most essential, relevant ones.
Cover letters are a way to set yourself apart from other applicants.
Use the opportunity provided in a cover letter to prove that you are genuinely interested and the best person for the job.
A 3D artist cover letter will include the applicant’s most essential skills and abilities , along with any other information that could qualify you for the job. Your resume might list your skills in coding, but how can you connect it to this company’s specific needs?
Research the position, the company, and the projects you could be working on.
If you had enough work experience to fill up your resume, and you didn’t have room for extra sections, you could mention that you volunteered with this company in college.
Naming a few of your favorite games that come from this video game company could show your unique personal connection to the company beyond your professional qualifications. You could also mention any personal relationships you have in this company, such as a friend of a friend who may give you a reference.
Ending Tips for a 3D Artist
Applying for an artistic job can involve a nebulous balance between creative expression and technical abilities. A 3D artist resume description would highlight relevant experience and showcase why your talents suit you to a specific position.
Keep your application materials relevant, concise, and up to date.
Keep evolving your technical skill set, and don’t forget about transferable skills from other positions or soft skills that enhance working with others.
Utilize the ResumeGiants online builder to get you started and keep you on track.
Good luck out there!
Free Resume Templates
Using resume templates that are proven to work will help you to move your career search forward. Start and customize as many resumes as you need with our free resume builder .
Thanks for using our free templates!
Enjoy ResumeGiants? We’d love it if you’d leave a review – it’d help others!
We hope we’ve helped you to move closer to your dream job. Have you found our resources helpful? If so, share your experiences with others – leave a review! (10 seconds max)
Privacy preference center
We care about your privacy
But what exactly are cookies? Cookies are small bits of information which get stored on your computer. This information usually isn’t enough to directly identify you, but it allows us to deliver a page tailored to your particular needs and preferences.
Because we really care about your right to privacy, we give you a lot of control over which cookies we use in your sessions. Click on the different category headings on the left to find out more, and change our default settings.
However, remember that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of our website. Finally, note that we’ll need to use a cookie to remember your cookie preferences.
Without these cookies our website wouldn’t function and they cannot be switched off. We need them to provide services that you’ve asked for.
Want an example? We use these cookies when you sign in to Kickresume. We also use them to remember things you’ve already done, like text you’ve entered into a registration form so it’ll be there when you go back to the page in the same session.
Thanks to these cookies, we can count visits and traffic sources to our pages. This allows us to measure and improve the performance of our website and provide you with content you’ll find interesting.
Performance cookies let us see which pages are the most and least popular, and how you and other visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated (it’s a statistic) and therefore completely anonymous. If you don’t let us use these cookies, you’ll leave us in the dark a bit, as we won’t be able to give you the content you may like.
These cookies allow us to provide you with better functionality and personalization. They may be set up by us or by third party providers whose services we’ve added to our pages.
The purpose of these cookies is to give you a more personalized experience, based on your previous visits and choices. If you don’t wish to allow these cookies, these services may not work.
We use these cookies to uniquely identify your browser and internet device. Thanks to them, we and our partners can build a profile of your interests, and target you with discounts to our service and specialized content.
On the other hand, these cookies allow some companies target you with advertising on other sites. This is to provide you with advertising that you might find interesting, rather than with a series of irrelevant ads you don’t care about.
3D Artist Resume Sample
Land your dream job and learn to write your resume with our free, easily editable 3D Artist resume sample. Download this resume example free of charge or customize it inside our job-landing resume builder.
Related resume guides and samples
How to create an effective database administrator resume?
How to build a compelling game designer resume?
How to write a compelling information security analyst resume?
How to build a professional IT support officer resume?
How to create a captivating network engineer resume?
How to craft a balanced programmer resume?
3D Artist Resume Sample (Full Text Version)
Creative and detail-oriented 3D Artist with a comprehensive background in the digital arts, including environment assets design, character assets designs, objects textures, and banner/logo development. Self-motivated and hard-working professional accustomed to performing well under pressure and completing all projects within schedule. Looking for and is open to any interesting opportunities in 3D design.
- Designed and modeled various environment and character assets, ensuring that all projects were completed in a timely manner.
- Illustrated game assets, textured objects, and designed multiple app icons and menu screens.
- Communicated with managers to ensure that everything was in compliance with the clients' needs and requirements.
- Created banners and worked on the improvement of the whole 3D models development process to increase quality, efficiency, and reduce costs.
- Collaborated and worked closely with other professionals from the industry; conducted reports on the progress of the projects and presented results to executives.
- Awarded Employee of the Month and ranked as a #1 3D Artist at the company.
First Class Honours (Top 5% of the Programme)
Clubs and Societies : FinTech Society, Football Club, TEDx Club
Graduated with Distinction (Grade 1 - A/excellent equivalent in all 4 subjects)
Certificates, edit this sample using our resume builder., let your resume write itself — with ai..
Similar job positions
Network Engineer Information Security Analyst IT Support Officer Database Administrator Programmer Video Editor Game Designer Photographer Product Designer Graphic Designer Interior Designer Copywriter
Related graphic designer resume samples
Related IT cover letter samples
Let your resume do the work.
Join 2,000,000+ job seekers worldwide and get hired faster with your best resume yet.
- Knowledge Base
- Free Resume Templates
- Resume Builder
- Resume Examples
- Free Resume Review
What should an artist put on their resume?
“Every artist was once an amateur." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Like how making drawings, paintings and collages is an art, so is making a resume. As a painting needs to be perfect in order to sell, so does a resume to get you interviews.
The functions of an artist comprise duties like generating and developing ideas, making sketches and models, developing or creating a piece of work according to a commission or brief, and many more.
An artist needs to cultivate relations with suppliers and source materials to create quality pieces. They must conduct research and interviews, visit locations, and make use of libraries and the internet. They also manage administrators and correspondents while creating publicity.
Artists will see perpetual growth in their profession in the coming years due to their increasing demand by private art collectors, museums, electronic magazines, etc. According to CollegeGrad , the demand for painters, sculptors, and illustrators is expected to rise by 8% in the next 10 years.
Here is what you will know by the end of this definitive guide:
- What is an artist resume?
- How to write an artistic resume
- How to write an artist resume with no experience?
- How to write an art resume skills section?
- What is the difference between artistic resume and CV
What Is An Artist Resume And Why Do You Need It?
An artist resume illustrates the skillfulness of an artist in their field by showcasing their work experience and tangible talent.
An artist resume will give the recruiter a deeper insight into your proficiency level as an artist. Artist resumes give the recruiter a brief about your educational and professional background.
The starting salary of freshers in this field is approximately $1,100. If you want to get to the hire-paid salary slot, you need to update your artist resume every time you switch a job, so that you showcase your entire career history.
Also read : How can you tailor your resume to a specific job?
How To Write An Artist Resume?
An artist resume will have distinct resume sections that follow a certain format. You would have to begin by writing your professional experience, educational qualifications, installations, and so on.
You can either submit your resume directly to the firm you are applying to or choose to float your artist resume in a network. Make sure you make appropriate choices regarding which resume style to choose for each occasion.
Also read : How to choose an appropriate resume format?
Artist Resume Sections
You have to segregate your information into legible sections to enhance readability and include details that recruiters usually demand. Here are a few sections you can include:
- Personal Information
- Professional Experience
- Certifications and Training
- Awards and Recognition
However, you can customize your art resume to your liking if you have extra information that you think would make a significant impact.
Also read : What extra sections can you add to your resume?
Include an Artist Resume Header
It is the very first section of the artist resume and comprises your name.
So, you must be thinking, what is the point of making a header?
Well, it differentiates your art resume from other artist resumes. It is the biggest text in your art resume. It is written between the font size of 14-16 points. Also, it is very important to have correct spacing between your first and last name.
In addition to this, there is a proper way to write a middle name if you have one. The proper format is Bella K. Hadid. You will only write the first initial of your middle name and then a full stop after it.
If you have decided to make your artist resume on your own, then look at the below-given example to know how you should do it.
Also read : How to draft an appropriate header for your resume?
Include Your Personal Information Artist Resume
The second section consists of your personal information like your phone number, professional e-mail ID, and your current location in the city, state or city, country format.
Personal Phone Number
The first thing to be written is the International Subscriber Dialing (ISD) code where you live followed by a plus sign (+). After writing the ISD code, give a single space and add your phone number.
Personal E-mail ID
The second thing to go into the personal information section is your personal e-mail ID. In the case you have multiple e-mail IDs, then choose the one you use the most often.
In addition to this, you can add links to any of your social media sites like Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook if they support or demonstrate your work in any capacity.
Further, you can give hyperlinks to your personal website or portfolios that support your work or if you have any.
Current Location of Residence
The third thing that goes into your personal information section is your current location of residence. It will be written on the right corner of this section, which is right next to the e-mail ID.
Do not write the whole of your address as it consumes unnecessary space and is of no use to the recruiter. Write only the city name and the country code to give the recruiter the idea if you'll be relocating if you joined that company or not.
Take a brief look at the artist resume sample given below to get a better understanding of how to make the personal information section.
Also read : How should you add contact information to your resume?
Add a Profile Title to Your Artist Resume
The third section tells the recruiter which profile you have applied, be it Multimedia Artist, Animator, Graphic Designer, etc. It should be written in the font size of 12-14 points.
Take a glance at the example below to have more clarity on how to write the profile title.
Draft an Impeccable Professional Experience Section in Your Artist Resume
The professional experience section is of prime importance in an artist resume. You can include all the work experience you've had in this section.
For people who have extensive work experience, this is of utmost importance.
Make use of the below-given format to write your professional experience section:
Name of the company | Location of the company in city, country format | Dates in mm/yy-mm/yy
Also, group your work functions within your professional experience section and write your points pertaining to the professional experience section in STAR format. STAR format stands for:
- Situation: what was the environment that you had to work in?
- Task: what were the tasks that you were assigned?
- Action: what actions did you take to solve it?
- Result: how did it affect the team?
Let's see it with an example:
Professional Experience Section without grouping and STAR points:
Working with game designers, developers, artists, and testers Creating low ploy assets Deploying Optimization Techniques in unity scene Exporting and assembling images from art files Applying textures via UVW mapping Creating and importing machines
Here is a sample professional experience section with grouping and STAR points:
Designing & Coordination
Working closely with game designers, developers, artists, and testers to reach a common goal Exporting and assembling images from art files within prescribed technical parameters and protocols Creating and importing animations and state machines
Import & Optimization
Applying textures via UVW mapping with PBR workflow and rendering realistic environments and artistic product designs Deploying Optimization Techniques in unity scene such as light optimization, culling, & performance profiling Creating and importing animation and state machines
You can see from the artist resume examples above how grouping and the STAR format have improved the readability of this art resume.
Take a glimpse of the below-given artist resume sample to get greater clarity on how to encompass the information related to your work experience in this section.
Also read : Beginner's guide to drafting a professional experience section
Include Your Educational Details in Your Artist Resume
The education section is the second most important section after the professional experience section. The information in this section includes course name, university/school name, location, dates of enrolling and graduating, along with your CGPA.
The recruiter decides based on this section whether you are qualified for the position or not. So, the information that goes into this section must be true to the best of your knowledge.
The below-given artist resume samples will give you a better idea of how to make this section.
Also read : Should you include multiple educational details in your resume?
Add any Certifications, Training, or Projects
This section consists of any and every certification or training that adds value to your artistic resume. The following things are written in this section:
- Name of Certification/Training
- Name of Affiliating Institute
- The completion date
You can use the below-given format to write this section:
Certification/Training Name | Affiliating Institution Name | Dates in mm/yy
See the example below to get more clarity on how to write this section.
In this section, you will write all the value-adding awards and recognition that you got in school, university, or in your previous work engagements. Also, make sure that the awards are relevant to your target profile.
Artist Resume: Projects
Another section you can include is the kind of projects, academic, personal, or freelance work. It can be extremely helpful in deciding your worth.
You can do so by answering these vital questions:
- What were your key roles and responsibilities specific to that project?
- What were some key project deliverables that you were responsible for?
Mention a list of significant achievements for every project, with performance figures if possible.
In case of no non-disclosure agreements, you should mention the client in the project header and the professional experience section. Consequently, you do not need to repeat the same while drafting your resume points.
Also read : How many projects should you add to your resume?
Add Key Skills to Enhance Your Artist Resume
The skills section is fifth in the order of artic resume sections, but it will be the second last section that you will write. You must scan the rest of your artist resume to look for skills and then pick those skills to include in the key skills section.
This process will give you more skills to write in the art resume key skills section. For example:
- Design Creation
- Articulating Designs
The skills section should be only three sentences long and not more. Also, when you are done making this section, bold the whole section. By doing so, you will be able to direct the recruiter's attention towards it.
Here is how you can draft you can draft the key skills section of your artist resume:
Create a Technical Skills Section
Artistic resume skills like Unity 3D, Blender, and Auto Desk Maya, will be included in a separate section. You can create a Technical Skills section that will comprise all the technical skills/tools you are familiar with.
Doing this will separate it from the key skills section and increase its readability.
To get a clearer idea of how to make this section, look at the artist resume sample given below.
On average, the recruiters scan a resume only for 6 seconds. So, you have to hook the recruiter to your artistic resume in that short span.
Create an Artist Resume Summary
The summary section is the fourth section of your artist resume, but it is more impactful to write it at the end of your resume-making process. You will be able to scan the whole of your artistic resume and pick out the highlights of your career.
Here are a few tips you can follow while crafting this section:
- Start your sentences with power verbs to create an impactful introduction
- Maintain a cause-effect relationship to establish a background context for your work functions
- Quantify your achievements to show the impact of your work
- Try not to write a lengthy paragraph and keep it anywhere between three to five lines
Look at the artist resume sample given below to see how you can optimize your summary section:
Also read : How can you draft your summary within four lines?
How to Create an Artist Resume With No Experience
Now the question is how to write an art resume with no experience?
A fresher artistic resume is more or less the same as an experienced professional, except for two sections. These sections are the professional experience section and the summary section.
Let us see how.
Artist Resume Internship Section
A fresher will have an Internship section instead of a Professional Experience section.
How are they different?
Internships are when you work for a company for a short period, especially as a college student. However, in a job, you are committed full-time and are contractually obligated.
Creating an internship section and listing the functions you undertook lets the recruiter know that you are not inexperienced in your field. They get to know the broad level of work that you performed.
Here is what a typical internship section would look like:
Assessment & Development
Assisted in designing & development of layouts & graphics for an advertisement project Played a key role in the assessment of graphic materials to ensure quality of designs
Artist Resume Objective Section
The last section that you will write in your fresher artist resume is the objective section.
Freshers and entry-level professionals write an objective section instead of a summary section. For the resume objective, you will not write what you expect from the company, but you will write what you can do for the company.
Make sure you write your summary in paragraph form and not as bullet points!
Also read : How to create a recruiter-friendly resume for your first job?
Artist Resume vs CV
Are you confused about whether you should pick an artist resume or a CV? Here is a little pros list to help you decide:
- Artist resumes are either one-page minimum or two pages maximum.
- They are brief documents of your educational and professional background.
- You can tailor them according to each job description that you apply to.
- CVs are longer and are usually more than two pages.
- They are detailed documents of your educational and professional background.
- You cannot tailor them according to each job description, but you can customize the cover letter that goes with it.
Artist Resume Sample
Creating an artist resume can be challenging if you are new at it, but here is a sample to show what your resume should look like:
- Liaising with Game Designers , Developers, Artists and Testers to reach a common goal
- Exporting and assembling images from art files within prescribed technical parameters and protocols
- Designing storyboards & low ploy assets for VR, AR and MR platforms
- Applying textures via UVW mapping with PBR workflow and rendering realistic environments & artistic product designs
- Deploying optimization techniques in unity scene such as Light Optimization , Culling, Performance Profiling
- Creating and importing animations and state machines while conducting weekly meetings with the Supervisor
- Ensuring production pipeline and production art is created efficiently while effectively integrating the same into products
- Created computer generated images and animations which provide virtual illustration of complex fictional & real content
- Developed image concepts and animation settings & conducted weekly meetings to get them approved
- Supervised conception, design and realization of digitally produced images by deploying skills of modelling, texturing , etc.
- Top 15 percentile of the class
- Certified Cinema 4D Professional | Adobe | Jan '16
- Trained in Arnold renderer tool | Sun-dried Brick | Jun '15
- Certified in Video Animation Professional | 75 Next | Jun '14
An artist resume will aid your job search, help you understand how you are doing professionally, and judge whether you are in line with your career plans.
Here is what you can gather from this article on creating an impeccable artist resume:
- Always include a job title optimized according to the profiles you are targeting. For example, Fine Artist/3D Artist.
- Do not include bullets in your summary. To best optimize it, start by summarizing your qualifications and key skills and tailoring your sentences according to your target profile.
- Mention only the most important and relevant points in 3 to 4 lines to showcase what value you can provide to the organization.
- Highlight major certifications and training as they are highly relevant to your target profile. You do not have to explain them.
- If you have done any freelance projects as an artist, include them in your artistic resume. Make a separate section for this, which will be named Projects. For each project, mention the techniques and methods you utilized for completing the project.
Go to the Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at [email protected] or utilize our chat support, where you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.
Share this blog
Subscribe to Free Resume Writing Blog by Hiration
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox
Stay up to date! Get all the latest & greatest posts delivered straight to your inbox
Is Your Resume ATS Friendly To Get Shortlisted?
Upload your resume for a free expert review.
ResumeCoach » Resume Examples » 3D Artist
3D Artist Resume Examples
- Recommended: Reverse-chronological
- Optional: Combination
- Use color sparingly
- Don’t overuse graphics or illustrations
- Use white space to keep sections readable
- Break up blocky text into bullet points
- Save the file as a PDF
1-2 x letter pages (8.5” x 11”)
Professional Resume Samples for 3D Artist
1. Candidate seeking a 3D Artist role
Experienced and award-winning 3D artist with a keen detail orientated and creative approach to 3D character and location design.
- Created and drew 2D and 3D concepts across numerous multimedia projects
- Facilitated cooperation between the technical and creative teams via clear goals and time management strategy
- Worked using Photoshop, 3D Studio Max and Sculpt GL to create models, rigging and animation cycles
- Managed and approved rendered environments and character models used in a major feature film release
2. Candidate seeking Intern 3D Artist role
Newly graduated 3D artist eager to build on successes producing 3D modeling and animations for student media and keen to build on experience of producing assets for an award-winning CGI short film.
- Collaborated within a team of 3 to create high-quality rigging and 3D textures
- Storyboarded and project managed art design of 1 student films and 2 independent video games
- Interpreted object references and transferred the data cleanly into 3D design software
- Illustrated character assets and environmental backgrounds
3D Artist Resume Vocabulary & Writing Tips
The words used on resumes have never mattered more. Today increasing numbers of employers are making use of Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) . These tools penalize resumes that underuse sector specific vocabulary or contain spelling mistakes.
To make sure that your resume passes through the filters successfully, ensure to write in enough relevant key phrases and expressions related to the field of 3D design . Once again the job description can be a great cheat sheet for the terminology the company is looking to see.
Words to Use
- Character asset
- Design packets
- Visual effect
- Game design
- Animated movie
- Background objects
- Play tester
3d artist resume tips and ideas.
The world of multimedia entertainment is more competitive than ever. This is a growing industry and 3D design and artistry are highly sought after skills in the field. However, to get the job as designer and artist in this sector you’re going to need a good 3D artist resume.
There’s a lot to fit into a resume for an artistic and technical profession like this. You need to demonstrate a high familiarity with rendering and design software, an ability to handle pressure and tight deadlines as well as a proven level of creativity.
Whilst this is no small undertaking this isn’t an impossible task. The following guide will show you how to create a resume that fits the profile recruiters will want to see from 3D artist candidates and what special touches turn a good resume into a great resume. Use these tips along with our professional resume builder to create a profile that gets you more interviews.
- Contact information
- Resume summary statement
- Awards and honors
- Courses and certificates
- Hobbies and interests
In a sector like multimedia entertainment and 3D design, recruiters will want to see evidence of proven professional experience beyond all else. To cater to this necessity, the most recommended resume format is a reverse chronological design.
This design works effectively as it presents your most recent experience prominently and lets you go into more detail about the functions you performed in your previous and current jobs. It’s also the format most recruiters will expect to see.
However, if you want to stand apart from the rest you could also opt for a combination resume template . This balances your skills and experience equally on the page and this can sometimes help if you’re starting out in 3D artistry or changing careers to start working full time in 3D design.
As a professional designer and artist , you will need a resume that looks good. However, whilst this is a great opportunity to showcase your design skills this should only be done in moderation. A resume is still a professional document after all.
Avoid the temptation to overuse colors or graphic illustrations on the page. A few carefully positioned icons and some neutral color are normally enough to give your resume that little bit of flair that recruiters will want to see. The real meat of your graphic design and illustrator skills can be much better conveyed in your digital portfolio.
To make your resume really stand out to the recruiter however, it’s going to take more than visual embellishments. Creating a document that reads well and that is easy to skim-read is far more important in this particular case. However, this can be done quite effectively with the use of:
- A clean and organized resume template
- Bold and eye-catching sub-headers
- Bullet point lists
- A consistent and legible font
In addition to this, the way that white space is used on the page can have a profound effect on how your resume performs. Whilst you don’t want a page that appears too empty, you should aim not to overfill the document with information . If you stuff the limited space you have full of text, it will be much harder to read and could deter the recruiter from picking you in the hiring process.
If you’re applying for a 3D artist role in the US a profile photo will not be required . This is not expected by recruiters and simply wastes space on the page. Furthermore, it could lead to your resume being rejected by employers that are nervous about appearing to show bias in the hiring process.
Sections of a 3D Artist Resume
When it comes to organizing your resume effectively choosing the right sections makes all the difference . When writing your resume you should always include the following segments as a matter of course:
In addition to communicating the essential details above, you can also express a lot more about your career history with one or more of the following optional sections:
A good resume is usually a short one. This is because recruiters will only dedicate a handful of seconds to each application document they receive. The perfect resume length for a 3D artist is 1 letter page, however, extending to a 2nd is also possible. Nevertheless, keeping the resume a concise and skimmable length is the best choice overall.
3D Artist Resume Section Headings
With competitive positions in 3D animation and design, your resume is going to have to grab the hiring manager’s attention immediately . One of the most dependable ways to ensure this happens is by creating a good resume objective statement.
This doesn’t need to be a very long introduction to your resume but it can effectively and quickly show your top skills, experience and indicate that your goals align with the businesses . Furthermore, this can be tailored specifically to each job. Simply use the job posting as a crib sheet and pick out the features that best sell you for that position.
Professional experience is essential to qualify you for any role in 3D design, therefore your work history section needs to look the part. You should detail the most relevant and recent roles you’ve held in the sector. As space is limited, avoid adding information about jobs you’ve held in other sectors unless the task you performed within them is transferable to 3D artistry.
To describe the jobs you’ve held in your career so far to the recruiter, you should indicate the following:
- The name of the company and its location
- Your job title within the business
- The dates of employment
- Your tasks and responsibilities
When you describe the responsibilities you held within previous and current jobs, focus on showing progression within the profession by not repeatedly mentioning recurring tasks. Simply indicate these at the earliest point that you acquired them in your career instead and focus more on the skills you gained as you grew professionally.
Also, make sure that the responsibilities you detail indicate the positive impact you had on the projects or teams you worked with. Mark down measurable details such as project goals, durations, and achievements you attained throughout your time with each company. If you demonstrate a proven and measurable track record of success in meeting goals this will give you a much better shot at being called in for an interview.
There are numerous skills required to make it as a great 3D artist and hiring managers will be looking out to see them on your resume. Therefore your skills section needs to do the business well. To get the most interest from your document, you should include one or more of the following:
- Drawing skills
- Time management
- 3D Studio Max
- Rendering software
- 3D modeling
- Project management
- Decision making
- Ability to handle pressure
It’s tricky to get hired without a degree in this field. With so much in-depth knowledge required, it is better to apply for work in this sector with a BA in Fine Arts, Computer Graphics, Animation or another related discipline.
However, it’s not impossible to get a job as a 3D artist without a degree. With a sufficiently impressive portfolio , and perhaps some other certificates or accreditations in your education section , you could also make the grade in some cases.
Last modified on November 30th, 2021
- Artist resume
- Art Director resume
- Graphic Designer resume
- Illustrator resume
- Video Editor resume
- Terms & Conditions
- Cookies Policy
Find better jobs easier.
Refer to real resumes shared by other users.
Administrative, service industry, all resume examples, resume builder.
Make a resume for free.
Find the best resume template.
Resume guide & examples for all jobs/industries.
Choose the right resume format.
How to Write a Resume
Write a professional resume.
Explore more resume writing resources.
Resume Builder Pricing Plans
Refer to real CV shared by other users.
All CV Examples
Make a CV for free.
Find the best CV template.
CV guide & examples for all jobs/industries.
Choose the right CV format.
How to Write a CV
Write a professional CV.
Explore more CV writing resources.
CV Builder Pricing Plans
Share your portfolio and find inspiration.
Create a professional online portfolio.
For job seekers
Resume, cover letter tutorials, job search tips, interview skills, career development, job search channels, people or company interviews, for employers, hiring tips, work with recruitment agency, all articles.
Start for Free.
Build and promote your employer brand.
Job Posting Pricing Plans
Talent search pricing plans, how to create an online 3d artist portfolio (+ examples).
In this article, you will learn about:
3D Artist Portfolio Examples
How to make a 3d artist portfolio, 3d artist portfolio websites to create an online 3d artist portfolio, tips for creating the best 3d artist portfolio.
What does a 3D artist do? A 3D artist is also known as a CGI (computer-generated imagery) artist. 3D artists craft still and moving visual effects using computers. 3D artists make models of products and environments and in 3D animations. The demand for 3D artists is rising, as industries that use video games, films, TV, and virtual reality (VR) are popularized by technologies.
Why is it important for these professional artists to build a 3D artist portfolio? A portfolio summarizes and collects the best works of an artist. It is a professional way to demonstrate technical and soft skills. Also, a 3D artist portfolio helps recruiters to understand the artist’s characteristics, styles, and inspirations.
When creating your very own portfolio, it’s a great idea to start by referencing fellow creators’ portfolios to understand what a 3D artist portfolio normally looks like.
Below is a list of various 3D artist portfolio examples:
Junior 3D Artist Portfolio
3d environment artist portfolio, 3d generalist portfolio, cg artist portfolio, 3d character artist portfolio, 3d game artist portfolio, 3d animator portfolio website, 3d environment portfolio, freelance 3d artist portfolio, 3d lighting artist portfolio, 3d architectural artist portfolio, 3d modeler portfolio website, entry-level 3d artist portfolio, 3d visualization artist portfolio.
Jeffry is a junior 3D artist who displays his 3D artist portfolio with wit and style. His main focus is characters.
Louis Stelfox showcases his work that was completed during his 2nd year at university. He explains the technical details of the artwork very well. In addition, he also won the Rookie Awards in 2019, which is an important milestone to display on his portfolio.
Jack gave a very strong homepage impression. He shows the animation work directly on the homepage. His level of confidence is what we should admire.
Kjartan shows his talent in CG art by demonstrating a video. He has different categories of CG art, which makes it easier to browse through.
Brendon brings forth a strong impression of his character art. You can directly access his work on the front page. His style mimics that of video game characters. He also selected his best works so the website is concise.
Julia specializes in 3D, 2D, and illustration. Although you cannot see her artwork on the homepage, she has carefully crafted different categories of work for you to browse through, making it easy for potential clients or employers to find the type of work that is relevant to them.
Marco is not only a 3D animator, but he is also extremely artistic. His style conveys a preference for displaying grotesque and outlandish style. Since his portfolio has such a strong style, people are easily impressed by it.
Matty is another example of a 3D environment portfolio. He focuses on the objects of the environment. His work is well organized and neat, so people can navigate his portfolio easily.
Alex is good at displaying his work. His short description talks about what he does and the kinds of 3D art he specializes in.
Allan’s portfolio is straightforward. He shows his 3D light work through videos and high-quality images. Displaying high-quality images is important as the audience wants to engage with details in lighting artwork.
Javier is a 3D artist that focuses on interior and furniture visualization. Javier’s work is unique because he knows his niche, so he doesn’t go beyond the categories of interior and furniture visualization.
Unlike previous examples, Tsymbals Design is a collective of individuals who do 3D visualization and many others. Tsymbal design shows social proof by showcasing testimonials. Testimonials are important because clients may want to see your previous customers’ reviews.
Rodrigo Garcia shows his entry-level 3D Artist portfolio by focusing on the process of his artwork. Many industry experts advise that novel artists can show their skills by demonstrating the processed artwork.
Gradinar’s portfolio focuses more on individual stories and inspirations. For instance, he has segments of texts to explain his service and specialization. It is a good approach in portfolio building when the aim is at getting more clients.
There are four essential elements that need to be included in your 3D artist portfolio:
1. Your art works.
Showcasing your artwork to your employers can be tricky. Most employers seek to understand the technical skills used for your artwork first.
Always try to stay on specific categories or skills to gain the employers’ attention. For example, if you specialize in building characters, then focus on characters only. The best 3D artist portfolios are targeted and precise.
2. Proper credits (if you’re adding group work).
Often, a 3D artist may collaborate with other artists. Aside from respecting the contribution of other artists who worked on the project, describing your contribution in detail can give potential clients or employers a clearer idea of your specific skills when looking at your 3D art portfolio.
3. An “About me” section.
The “About me” section is one of the most important sections of a 3D artist portfolio. The About me section is an opportunity to elaborate on your backstory. You can talk about where you are from, what education you have received, and where you draw the inspiration from.
Talk about your style, but also talk about your characteristics. Employers like to see your characters because they show your uniqueness.
4. Your resume.
Include your resume in your 3D artist portfolio so employers can examine your qualifications through your working history. This would also be a great chance to show off your previous experiences, especially if you have worked with renowned clients or for renowned companies.
An essential step in creating your 3D artist portfolio website is to choose a third party platform. Here are a list of platforms you can consider when creating your online 3D artist portfolio:
CakeResume provides a free portfolio with flexibility to do multiple edits. Some of the features include:
- Single images
- Grid images
- Embed media (great for animation video!)
- Changeable color palette for backgrounds
CakeResume is a good choice if you want to create your 3D artist portfolio websites for multiple portfolios.
CakeResume’s free online portfolio maker is suitable for creative and design professionals. With our user-friendly portfolio-making tools, anyone can make their very own portfolio hassle-free. Create your online 3D artist portfolio now!
ArtStation is known to be the platform that gathers 3D artists. If you want to showcase your online 3D artist portfolio to the right people in the industry, then ArtStation might be a great choice for you.
Features of ArtStation include:
- High-resolution images, videos, Marmoset and Sketchfab 3D scenes and more.
- The platform gathers every professional in the art industry
- All of your uploads will automatically update the portfolio website
ArtStation is a decent platform if you are a creator who wants to seek out opportunities from people in the art industry.
CGSociety is a platform for digital artists and creators. It provides a wide range of services to connect, educate, promote, and celebrate excellent digital art.
Features of CGSociety includes:
- Workshops to learn more about digital art (3D character, environment design, motion graphics, etc).
- Forums to connect digital artists and creators
- Gallery to see the best works (people can reward each other for different skills)
💡 Categorize your works.
If you are a 3D artist with multiple styles and techniques, it is beneficial to categorize your works. Categorization skills can show your presentation skills, and it is easier for the audience to find your work.
💡 Update your portfolio frequently.
As a creator, it is important to update your 3D artist portfolio frequently. Try to include 3-5 pieces of your recent work to help the audience understand what you are working on right now.
💡 Less is more.
A lot of artists tend to fill their 3D artist portfolio with a bunch of work. But the audience can easily get distracted when you overwhelm them with too many pieces of artwork. Focus on presenting only your best work.
💡 Display your art first.
To grab the recruiters’ attention, display your artwork on the front page of your online 3D artist portfolio. The reason is that visitors stay on the website on average within seconds, and you want to get their attention as fast as you can.
💡 State the position you intend to fill.
If you are looking to get hired, make sure to state the position you are looking for on your online 3D artist portfolio. Recruiters will quickly understand what you are looking for.
🔑 Key Takeaways:
A 3D artist portfolio is a way to showcase your work and brand yourself. It’s important to remember that showcasing work isn’t about the “quantity”. It is about the “quality” of your portfolio.
If you want to brand your portfolio even better, consider launching the brand on other social media platforms. Instagram is a good option for social media outreach. TikTok is also a good choice if you want to showcase the process of creating 3D art.
--- Originally written by Diana Shih ---
With the intention of helping job seekers to fully display their value, CakeResume creates an accessible free resume/CV/biodata builder, for users to build highly-customized resumes. Having a compelling resume is just like a piece of cake!
3D Artist Resume Template (Text Format) An effective format for your resume clearly presents your accomplishments and expertise. Text Format Summary Innovative and resourceful 3D Artist with 5+ years of experience creating and delivering world-class 3D models for clients in digital media, technology, and gaming industries.
3D artist resume template You can use this template to help you craft an effective resume for employers: [Full Name] [Phone number] | [Professional email address] | [City, State] | [Professional website] Professional Summary [Brief summary that mentions your core competencies, work experience and career achievements] Work Experience
3D Artist Resume Format Use the reverse-chronological resume format to walk recruiters through your most recent achievements first. Go with a functional resume format if you're a freelancer—this guide will continue assuming you're on full-time or part-time contracts, though. Choose a professional resume font like a Noto in 11-12 pt.
Write a 3D Artist Resume Summary or Objective Hiring managers give your resume only a 7-second look, according to our HR statistics report. That's why you need a relevant resume profile to draw them in. Use a career summary if you're a 3D artist with more than 2 years of experience. It will showcase your accomplishments and best career moments.
3D Artist Resume Samples Filter: Years At This Job Candidate Info 1 year in workforce 1 month at this job BA Animation And Game Design 2d & 3d Artist Selected from a highly competitive field of applicants to work with a university professor on an educational Xbox game.
As a 3D artist, you will be constantly collaborating with others, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to include in your 3D artist resume. Since you'll also be working under strict deadlines, you'll need to be good with project management and time management. 3D Artist Resume Templates Jump to a template: 3D Artist
To be considered by producers and other studio leaders, a 3D artist's resume must include a brief yet detailed professional summary describing their expertise, training and experience. Applicants can learn from our 3D artist resume example or use our Resume Builder, which provides pre-written suggestions to kickstart their own writing.
3D Artist Resume Sample 4.6. 19 votes The Resume Builder Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates Create a Resume in Minutes. Daphne Conn. 297 Conn Lights, Houston, TX +1 (555) 427 1709. Work Experience. 3D Artist. 08/2017 - PRESENT New York, NY.
Here are the key facts about 3d artist resumes to help you get the job: The average 3d artist resume is 308 words long The average 3d artist resume is 0.7 pages long based on 450 words per page. Animation is the most common skill found on a 3d artist resume. It appears on 13.0% of resumes.
Choose a respected resume structure like the reverse-chronological format. It'll show your best stuff first. Use clear, legible fonts, the right amount of white space, and eye-friendly headings. Finally, save it as a PDF. An artistic resume in PDF format keeps its layout intact no matter what computer it ends up on.
Here is a list of the 7 must-have sections for your 3D designer resume: Header Personal Information Profile Title Summary/Objective Key Skills Professional Experience Education In addition to this, you can also include the following sections: Certifications (if any) Awards & Recognition (if any) Additional Information (if any)
Top 4 Characteristics of a Best-in-Class 3D Artist Resume. Summary In a few crisp sentences, present a blend of skills and experiences that display your top strengths and show how you're a good fit for the job opportunity. For example: "Dedicated artist with extensive knowledge of 2D motion art, and project design, planning and management ...
3d Artist Resume Customize this resume with ease using our seamless online resume builder. USE THIS EXAMPLE Read the Guide Try more resume templates View all the templates Simple Creative Traditional One Page Resume Stats Average resume stats for your industry Words 276 Pages length 1.6 p Job titles per resume 2.6 Bullet points per job title 8.1
Asst. 3D artist Resume Objective : 6 years experience in 3D Design, working in games, advertisement and real estate In-depth understanding of Maya, 3ds Max, Unity,V-Ray and strong knowledge of Photoshop Familiar with various steps in the 3D modeling process including environmental design Portfolio: http://www.juliaaber.net/.
3D Artist Resume Sample You might be wondering what an artistic resume should include to be called by a recruiter. Let's take a look at this example below: Resume Example [Casey Paredes] [3D Artist] [1285 Boulevard Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 | 678-545-1810 | [email protected]] Summary
3D Artist Resume Sample Land your dream job and learn to write your resume with our free, easily editable 3D Artist resume sample. Download this resume example free of charge or customize it inside our job-landing resume builder. Create My Resume Written by Milan Šaržík, CPRW Certified Professional Résumé Writer Previous sample Next sample
It is the biggest text in your art resume. It is written between the font size of 14-16 points. Also, it is very important to have correct spacing between your first and last name. In addition to this, there is a proper way to write a middle name if you have one. The proper format is Bella K. Hadid.
Start your 3D artist resume now Format Recommended: Reverse-chronological Optional: Combination Design Use color sparingly Don't overuse graphics or illustrations Use white space to keep sections readable Break up blocky text into bullet points Save the file as a PDF Resume Length 1-2 x letter pages (8.5" x 11")
Craft your traits, expertise, and key accomplishment into your 3D artist resume like these examples: Detail-oriented 3D artist with a strong background in game design and character production. Expertise in practical and technical aspects of commercial art with 5+ years of experience in the industry.
An essential step in creating your 3D artist portfolio website is to choose a third party platform. Here are a list of platforms you can consider when creating your online 3D artist portfolio: 1. CakeResume. CakeResume provides a free portfolio with flexibility to do multiple edits. Some of the features include: