Find a job faster!
50+ job categories
- Technical Writer Jobs
- Technician Jobs
- Technology Jobs
- Telehealth Jobs
- Temporary Jobs
- Territory Sales Manager Jobs
- Test Analyst Jobs
- Test Engineer Jobs
- Test Prep Jobs
- Tester Jobs
- Testing Jobs
- See More Jobs
Technical Writer Jobs - Remote Work From Home & Flexible
You can further narrow your searches using these operators (symbols) in the keywords text field:
+ plus, for AND
e.g., manager + director means return search results that include both the terms 'manager' AND 'director'
| pipe, for OR
e.g., manager | director means return search results that include either of the terms 'manager' OR 'director', but both are not required
- dash, for NOT
e.g., manager -director means return search results for the term 'manager' but NOT when the term 'director' is present. Remember the dash must have a space before it, but none before the term you want to filter out.
" quotes, for EXACT
e.g., return search results only for the EXACT phrase “managing director”
* star, for a WILDCARD extension
e.g., manage* means return search results for any word starting with 'manage' such as manage, manager and management
Job Search Results
Job is open to:
Job is for local candidate of:
- Candidates need to be able to work in the City or State specified a Certain City or State
Featured Companies are employers who have come directly to FlexJobs, been approved by our staff, and have directly posted their jobs to the FlexJobs site.
- Technical Writer 28 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Temporary US National Looking for a technical writer with the expertise to understand and communicate the technical aspects of a product to both highly technical and non- technical users. This will essentially be translating highly technical documents written by engineers.
- Technical Writer New! 3 days ago 100% Remote Job Employee Work from Anywhere What your day-to-day will look like: Work independently to create documentation of the client's product(s). Write , proofread, and edit technical content. 1-3 years of professional experience in writing technical content in English. Excellent written...
- Technical Writer 26 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Buenos Aires, Argentina As a Technical Writer , you will be responsible for maintaining documentation, creating publicly consumed technical content to educate customers, and the market. Minimum of 3 years proven success in a role with similar scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Technical Writer New! 5 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Denver, CO The technical writer will help create, plan and distribute content that is often in the form of LMS documentation, platform instructions, UI text, sample code, APIs, videos, or other educational materials. This person will be responsible for...
- Technical Writer 25 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Krakow, Poland, Lublin, Poland Maintaining and developing Users Manual. Preparing the users guides and other training material like (presentations, FAQs). Daily communication with other departments. 2+ years of experience as a Technical Writer . Experience with User Guides. Knowledge...
- Technical Writer New! 3 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee WA Write and edit user guides, technical manuals, knowledge base articles, and newsletters for customer facing services. Work closely with subject matter experts and software developers to gather information and ensure accuracy of documentation. Ensure...
- Technical Writer 30+ days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Bethesda, MD The Technical Writer works with the project team to structure and review draft reports. Serve as point of contact for report reviews, consolidation of comments/proposed changes, and comment adjudication. Assist in the finalization of plans, analyses,...
- Technical Writer New! 4 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee US National Support the documentation needs of proposal team. Write , edit, and maintain Section 508 compliant documents, including technical approaches in various IT-focused topic areas, project management plans, resumes, past performances, and other proposals.
- Technical Writer 30+ days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Toronto, ON, Canada Write , edit, and publish help center articles in line with the style guide. Write UX copy. Collaborate with subject matter experts to understand new features and create clear documentation for customers. Update help center articles and API...
- Technical Writer 20 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Freelance US National In this role you'll be responsible for writing documentation for new APIs, revamping existing documentation and guides, and creating new code samples.Write content for developers.notion.com, including reference documentation, tutorials and materials.
- Technical Writer 30+ days ago Hybrid Remote Job Full-Time Employee Rennes, France Write technical documentation for products in company's video product portfolio.Reinforce DITA-XML standard best practices and refine ways of working for structured authoring projects. Manage documentation lifecycle and implement a formal review process.
- Technical Writer New! 3 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Freelance US National As a Technical Writer , you will: Plan, create, and modify technical documents, including user specifications, manuals, and test plans to facilitate the software and product development. Interpret complex software/product features and functions and...
- Technical Writer 19 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Clearwater, FL Working with internal teams and departments to obtain an in-depth understanding of the products and the documentation requirements. Designing and developing supporting documentation for products. Writing easy-to-understand online help and other documents.
- Technical Writer 3 weeks ago 100% Remote Job Freelance Work from Anywhere We'll provide you with a clear writing process, support documentation for every client, and an awesome editorial team. We're a virtual, remote company. There are no official work hours or vacation days. We'll try to treat you like an adult who wants to...
- Technical Writer 27 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Poland Create, maintain, and update technical procedural, reference, and use-case documentation to support a growing product portfolio. Collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, sales engineers, tech leaders, tech marketers and developer evangelists.
- Technical Writer 30+ days ago 100% Remote Job Employee US National Review and edit documentation to maintain a high level of quality and consistency across the company. Maintain style guides and best practices for writing , improving, and publishing documentation. Monitor documentation analytics and proactively work...
- Technical Writer 27 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Austin, TX Create, maintain, and publish customer-facing software help. Establish strong cross-functional relationships with development, QA, support, product management, and marketing to satisfy technical communication tasking within the software development...
- Technical Writer New! 5 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Work from Anywhere Create multichannel technical content for our website, blog, social media and other marketing channels. Depending on the content, you will aim to reach technical and non- technical audiences. Attend weekly team meetings to gather content, distill it...
- Technical Writer 25 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee US National Author clear and concise technical documentation including various types of maintenance procedures and illustrated parts data in accordance with military specifications from various forms of source material such as maintenance plans, 3D models...
- Technical Proposal Writer 27 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee US National The Technical Proposal Writer position will work with the Business Development team to draft, overview and facilitate the creation and submission of proposals for grant and contractual funding. The position will lead technical aspects of proposal...
- Technical Writer 10 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Work from Anywhere Create accurate, thorough documentation in a fast-paced environment to support a variety of information deliverables such as GUI documentation, FAQ pages, APIs documentation and tutorialsto name a few.
- Senior Technical Writer New! 3 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Work from Anywhere Build and maintain and comprehensive product knowledge base to scale knowledge across the organization. Build developer documentation for API products and integrations. 5+ years experience as a technical writer . Bachelor's degree in computer science or...
- Technical Writer 30+ days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee US National Updating online help and support FAQs. Create release notes for new releases. Analyzing metrics based on usage of online help. Create product walk throughs to help intercept support requests. Ongoing improvement of online help via feedback from both...
- Senior Technical Writer 13 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Canada Research, write , publish, and organize material that helps our users on a daily basis. You've worked in technical writing before, and have a bias for crisp, clear communication around complex topics.
- Senior Technical Writer 30+ days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee US National We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Writer to help document Platform. We are looking for a writer with a passion for technology and communication. Workato has a culture that values documentation, which means you will get...
- IT Technical Writer 25 days ago Hybrid Remote Job Full-Time Employee Atlanta, GA Work closely with IT Operations teams, IT M&A team, Product Owners, and business stakeholders to create and maintain training material, user guides and descriptions of product functionality to document current processes and newly released functionalities.
- Technical Writer 30+ days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Freelance US National Produce a major portion of a complex documentation set that complies with documentation plan requirements. Develop and tests complex user scenarios that show how to use the product being documented. Works effectively with program management, product...
- Technical Writer 30+ days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Work from Anywhere Maintain and improve brand documentation, which is visited over a million times per month. Author new tutorials, guides, and release notes. Review and provide feedback on changes to the documentation made by...
- Technical Writer 17 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee US National Support the documentation needs of an agile development and maintenance project. Create, edit, and maintain Section 508 compliant documents, including project planning and management documents, deliverables, system life-cycle documents, reports...
- Technical Writer 1 25 days ago 100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee Austin, TX As a Technical Writer you'll be responsible for updating and maintaining our online help resources. From help articles to product walkthroughs, your role will be to intercept as many support requests as possible. Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of exp.
Applied for This Job?
Did you apply to this job at the employer's site? If so, please click "Applied for Job" to save it to your "Application History" page. If not, click on "Did Not Apply" to return to the job post.
Here are the top 3 reasons to join flexjobs today.
We're not like the other sites. Come see why.
Want a Great Remote or Flexible Job?
Save time and find higher-quality jobs than on other sites, guaranteed.
Join FlexJobs Now!
FlexJobs in the News
More of This Week's News
Currently Hiring on FlexJobs
See All New Jobs
Success Stories Just In!
Get new job postings, the latest job search tips, trends, news, and exclusive promotions!
Sign Up Today!
Get a free month !
Refer a Friend Today
Refer a Friend & Get a Free Month!
Tell your friends about FlexJobs via email. When they sign up, they get up to 30% off , and you get a free month worth $24.95 !
Thanks for Spreading the Word!
We will notify you by email when your friend (or friends) sign up for FlexJobs and you will get a free month.
- Technical Writer Intern Do
- Entry-level Technical Writer
- Technical Writer
- Senior Technical Writer
- Technical Writer Editor
- Remote Technical Writer
- Freelance Technical Writer
- Software Technical Writer
- Pharmaceutical Technical Writer
- Technical Writing Overview
- Types of Technical Writing
- Technical Writing Examples
- Freelance Technical Writing
- Technical Writer Style Guide Examples
- Technical Writing Jobs
- Subject Matter Expert
- Document Development Lifecycle
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture
- Content Strategist
- How to Become a Content Strategist
- Content Strategist Skills
- Content Strategist Interview Questions
- Content Strategy Manager Overview
- Content Strategy in UX
- Content Strategist Portfolio Examples
- Content Design Overview
- Content Designer
- Content Designer Skills
- Content Design Books
- Technical Documentation
- Knowledge Base Documentation
- Product Documentation
- User Documentation
- Process Documentation
- Process Documentation Templates
- Good Documentation Practices
- HR Document Management Best Practices
- Software Documentation Examples
- How to Test Documentation Usability
- Document Control Overview
- Document Control Process
- Document Control Procedures
- Document Control Numbering
- Document Version Control
- Document Lifecycle Management
- Document Management Software Workflow
- Document Management Practices
- Github Document Management
- HR Document Management
- Confluence Document Management
- What is a Document Management System?
- Document Control Software
- Product Documentation Software
- HR Document Management Software
- Knowledge Base Software
- Internal Knowledge Base Software
- API Documentation Software Tools
- Knowledge Management Tools
- Document Management Software
- What is Software Documentation?
- How to Write Software Documentation
- How to Write API Documentation
- Document Manager
- Documentation Manager
- Documentation Specialist
- Document Control Manager Salary
- Business Writing Overview
- Business Writing Principles
- Best Business Writing Examples
- Best Business Writing Skills
- Best Business Writing Tips
- Types of Business Writing
- Best Business Writing Books
- What is Grant Writing?
- Grant Writing Process
- Grant Writing Templates
- Grant Writing Examples
- Grant Proposal Budget Template
- How to Write a Grant Proposal
- How to Write a Grant Proposal Cover Letter
- Grant Writing Books
- Grant Writer Role
- How to Become a Grant Writer
- Grant Writer Salary
- Grant Writer Resume
- Grant Writing Skills
- Grant Writer LinkedIn Profile
- Grant Writer Interview Questions
- Proposal Writing Overview
- How to Become a Proposal Writer
- Proposal Writer Role
- Proposal Writer Career Path
- RFP Proposal Writer
- Freelance Proposal Writer
- Remote Proposal Writer
- Government Proposal Writer
- Proposal Writer Salary
- Proposal Writer Job Description Example
- Proposal Writer Interview Questions
- How to Write a Proposal
- Proposal Writer LinkedIn Profile
- Business Proposal Examples
- UX Writing Overview
- Information Architecture
- Information Architecture vs Sitemap
- UX Writing Books
- UX Writing Examples
- UX Writer Overview
- Freelance UX Writer Overview
- UX Writer Career Path
- How to Become a UX Writer
- Google UX Writer
- UX Writer Interview Questions
- Google UX Writer Interview Questions
- UX Writer vs Copywriter
- UX Writer vs Technical Writer
- UX Writer Skills
- UX Writer Salary
- UX Writer Portfolio Examples
- UX Writer LinkedIn Profile
- UX Writer Cover Letter
- Technical Writer Career Path
- How to Become a Technical Writer
- Technical Writer Education Requirements
- English Teacher to Technical Writer
- Software Engineer to Technical Writer
- Technical Writer Salary
- Technical Writer Interview Questions
- Google Technical Writer Interview Questions
- Technical Writer Resume
- Technical Writer Cover Letter
- Technical Writer LinkedIn Profile
- Technical Writer Portfolio
- Senior Technical Writer Salary
- Senior Technical Writer Job Description
- Knowledge Management Overview
- Knowledge Management System
- Knowledge Base Examples
- Knowledge Manager Overview
- Knowledge Manager Resume
- Knowledge Manager Skills
- Knowledge Manager Job Description
- Knowledge Manager Salary
- Knowledge Manager LinkedIn Profile
- Medical Writing Overview
- How to Become a Medical Writer
- Entry-Level Medical Writer
- Freelance Medical Writer
- Medical Writer Resume
- Medical Writer Interview Questions
- Medical Writer Salary
- Senior Medical Writer Salary
- Google Technical Writer
- LinkedIn Technical Writer
- Apple Technical Writer
- Oracle Technical Writer
- Salesforce Technical Writer
- Amazon Technical Writer
- Technical Writing Certification Courses
- Certified Technical Writer
- UX Writer Certification
- Grant Writer Certification
- Proposal Writer Certification
- Business Writing Classes Online
- Business Writing Courses
- Grant Writing Classes Online
- Grant Writing Degree
What Does a Remote Technical Writer Do?
Become a Certified Technical Writer
Table of contents.
Over the past couple of decades, the demand for experienced technical writing professionals has increased substantially. Thanks to cutting-edge team collaboration tools, technical writers can work from any corner of the world. Today, you can easily find employment as a remote technical writer.
However, “remote technical writer” is a broad term. To understand what remote technical writer jobs entail, we’ll have to take a closer look from a general perspective into their job description.
Therefore, in this article, we’ll give you a detailed description of the remote technical writer’s typical roles and responsibilities, their skills/abilities, and the remote technical writer’s job qualifications.
Let’s get started.
What is a Remote Technical Writer?
Remote technical writers (also known as technical communicators) work outside of their company’s location. They are responsible for making complex technical concepts and information into structured technical documents that are easy to comprehend.
Furthermore, as the job title entails, remote technical writers aren’t hired as full-time in-house employees.
For example, you may be an experienced technical writer living in San Francisco working for a company located in Seattle.
Furthermore, people also find it hard to differentiate between copywriters, content writers, freelance technical writers, and remote technical writers.
They differ in their purpose. Content writers create written material for educating, informing, or entertaining a brand audience. On the other hand, copywriters write to appeal to the brand audience to sell a product or service. A remote technical writer writes to bridge the gap between complex technology and its users.
Remote Technical Writer Roles and Responsibilities
Remote technical writers create different industry-specific technical content for an organization.
Therefore, their exact roles and responsibilities may differ based on the industries they belong to, their experience level ( entry-level/junior technical writer or senior technical writer), and even their job type (part-time or full-time).
However, their typical duties and responsibilities relevant to most organizations are:
- Conduct consistent research on target audience/final users to understand their needs and requirements from a technical document.
- Analyze and interpret all available technical information relevant to its technology, products, and services.
- Plan and create different technical documents, as per company needs to aid its product and software development process.
- Edit, modify and update technical/product documentation after employees and final users provide feedback.
- Manage and organize the company’s database and store all critical technical documents.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the entire writing process, from writing samples to final documents.
- Consult other technical writers on progress, get an expert opinion, and garner reviews.
Most importantly, incorporate a visual representation of information (such as illustrations, infographics, and graphs) to make technical content more user-friendly.
Remote Technical Writer Skills and Abilities
Technical writing professionals need to have diverse skills and abilities to synthesize corporate and technical information for a general audience to succeed at their jobs. All remote technical writers share the following general skills and abilities:
For effective technical communication and to perform their job functions, remote technical writers know how to understand and communicate with people from all walks of life, depending on their unique requirements.
When it comes to communicating, remote technical writers stick to purpose, clarity, and completeness in their message. They have a positive yet encouraging tone. Confidence and expertise come through the technical documents they deliver, synthesizing the insights of others to help readers understand technical information.
A remote technical writer needs excellent technical skills. Those skills emerge from an interest in and the interests of the company’s product.
Regardless, some popular technical skills that are relevant to most industries include:
- Project Management—time-constrained use of knowledge and skills to complete a company’s specific project.
- Product Development—creating a new product for the company or modifying and improving the already existing one.
- Marketing—the ability to communicate technical knowledge of products and services to the target audience.
- User Experience (UX) Design—the entire process of creating products and services that adds value to the audience’s life.
- Programming Languages and Their Basics—the foundations of programming language such as web layout (HTML and CSS) and applications used for technology and software development such as API (application programming interface) and Python.
If you’re looking to learn more about the skills to succeed in the technical writing role, check out our Technical Writing Certification Course.
All remote technical writers need advanced researching skills to create error-free content for their technical audience.
They mainly engage in two types of researches. Once before the technical document is created—known as audience and requirements analysis—and after the technical document is designed to enhance the user experience.
Audience analysis is the entire writing process that includes back and forth feedback from target users to understand their technical knowledge level, needs, and what they’re expecting from technology.
On the other hand, technical writers conduct user experience-based research to assess how final users perceive technical documentation of any technology—if it was helpful or not.
Technical writers know how to create different types of technical content, and for that purpose, they must follow their specific templates and other writing styles.
The common types of technical documents they create include user manuals, FAQs for online audiences, technical reports for stakeholders, company policies and procedures related to technology, case studies, white paper, and press releases.
Apart from writing technical documents, they must also know to write them on their specific software, used by their company.
At the same time, it is worth noting that a remote technical writer might also be responsible for creating only one type of technical documentation in an organization. For instance, a writer may only carry responsibility for proposal writing, and the job posting specifies it in the title. For that reason, they might be called a “Technical Proposal Writer.”
A remote technical writer must possess the ability to critically evaluate their technical documents, edit and format them, and make necessary changes until they become entirely understood by the target audience receiving the technical information.
They make sure that when they are editing technical samples after feedback, they keep checks on its overall content, omitting anything unnecessary, be careful about the word usage and vocabulary of the audience, the correct spellings, and punctuations, and the overall tone.
All in all, they make sure that technical documents are following their specific formats.
To make technical documents interactive and appealing, technical writers are supposed to incorporate the information in text and represent it visually through graphs, videos, infographics, and images.
Therefore, most remote technical writers have basic proficiency in information design, information architecture, graphic designing, typography, etc. If they don’t possess such skills, they may rely on peer professionals. For that reason, a remote technical writer—despite being in a different location—needs to have a knack for teamwork.
How Can You Become a Remote Technical Writer?
If you’re planning to become a remote technical writer, there are specific prerequisites that you’ll have to meet.
Here’s what most employers demand:
- Education—a bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering. However, if you have a degree in a non-technical field such as Journalism, English, or Communications, you must have industry-specific knowledge and experience.
- Training and Certifications—skills-based training through online courses (such as content development, graphic designing, or software), vocational diploma, and technical writing certifications from organizations like Society for Technical Communication .
- Experience—preferably two to four years of experience as a technical writer or editor for engineering, information technology, and other related fields.
These criteria aren’t strict and can be flexible depending on the employing company.
Wrapping it Up
Since technology is taking over all industries, the need for technical writers will always be relevant. Companies need competent technical communicators to make technology accessible and easy to use.
Therefore, if you’re looking to apply for a remote technical writer job, you need to make sure that you have a keen interest in technology and its communication with humans, the required set of skills, and a burning passion for explaining technical information.
If you are new to technical writing and are looking to break-in, we recommend taking our Technical Writing Certification Course , where you will learn the fundamentals of being a technical writer, how to dominate technical writer interviews, and how to stand out as a technical writing candidate.
Your syllabus has been sent to your email
Technical writer remote Jobs
459 technical writer remote jobs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Help / Contact Us
- Privacy & Cookies
- België (Dutch)
- Belgique (French)
- Canada (English)
- Canada (French)
- New Zealand
- Schweiz (German)
- Suisse (French)
- United Kingdom
- United States
Latest Writing Jobs
Relative Full-Time , Entry-Level , Marketing Remote
GiveCampus Full-Time , Mid-Level , Marketing Remote
Real Estate Writer
Aalto Contract , Mid-Level , Marketing Remote (US)
Ten Group Full-Time , Senior , Marketing Cape Town, South Africa
Delectus Full-Time , Entry-Level , Marketing Remote
Gravitee Full-Time , Senior , Technical Remote
SEO Content Writer
nXscale Full-Time , Entry-Level , SEO Remote
Lyka Pet Food Full-Time , Senior , Marketing Sydney, Australia
RecargaPay Full-Time , Senior , UX Remote
First Focus Full-Time , Mid-Level , Other Metro Manila, Philippines
Challenger Full-Time , Senior , Marketing Remote
UNOPS Full-Time , Mid-Level , Editing Remote
Status Full-Time , Mid-Level , Technical Remote
Dasera Contract , Mid-Level , Technical Remote
Tree Care Marketing Solutions Full-Time , Mid-Level , SEO Tucson, US
Remote Content Writer Jobs
Discover the best remote content writer jobs at top remote companies that offer you the freedom to work from home or places around the world as a digital nomad. Apply to all of the remote content writing jobs directly. No account required.
This week's remote jobs and remote work stories straight to your inbox.
Get daily remote jobs and remote work updates.
The best remote crypto jobs.
85 remote jobs across all locations and all companies
Senior Content Writer
- Content Writer
- Content Marketing
Customer Marketing Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Social Media Marketing
Content marketing intern, €12k – €24k.
WordPress Content Writer
Awesome motive, senior content writer & strategist, senior content marketing specialist, siege media, $58k – $65k, freelance writer, marker content.
- Creative Writing
Campaigns Content Writer
Remote copywriter, senior content strategist/writer, whitespectre, digital content writer, senior content writer/content strategist, content marketing specialist, $52k – $64k, content writing intern, sureswift capital, senior data science writer.
- Data Scientist
- Technical Writer
Content Marketing Manager
$73k – $83k, content specialist (poker) - contract, humbly confident product marketing writer.
- Product Marketing
SEO Content Writer
Activecampaign, writer, content strategist, writer, branded content, brand writer.
- Brand Marketing
Freelance B2B/SaaS Writer
Growth machine, technical content writer, content marketing writer, metadata writer, designstripe.
Writer/sr. writer, campaign monitor, sr. web writer & editor.
- Content Editor
Content Writer - UK
Content marketing editor, creative writer, content marketer, social media specialist, remote work starts here, get the best new remote jobs and remote work stories straight to your inbox..
The best new remote jobs straight to your inbox
TECHNICAL CONTENT WRITER
Infiwebs private limited.
Work from home
Annual CTC: 2 - 2.4 LPA
Annual CTC breakup:
1. Fixed component: 80%
2. Variable component: 15%
3. Other incentives: 5%
Sign up to continue.
Attempting to apply for jobs might take you off this site to a different website not owned by us. Any consequence as a result for attempting to apply for jobs is strictly at your own risk and we assume no liability.
Remote Technical Writer
Are you on the hunt for exciting new challenges that boost your professional growth? If you’re an innovator by nature and a Technical Content Writer by trade, we’d love to hear from you! Read on to see if you’d be a good fit for the Scopic team of 250+ professionals from over 40 countries.
At Scopic, the virtual world is our home so this is a full-time remote position. Only apply if you’re prepared for the zero-hour commute and the thought of collaborating with colleagues from around the globe excites you!
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Work independently to create documentation of the client’s product(s);
- Write, proofread, and edit technical content.
The skills and traits we ‘re looking for:
- 1-3 years of professional experience in writing technical content in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English B2/C1)
- Strong knowledge and experience in copywriting, editing, and proofreading
- Very good understanding of how the software works and executing test cases under supervision
- Working hours need to overlap with 9 am to 1 pm EST
- Skilled in writing and editing content with good attention to detail
- IT/Software-related technical background is required
- Willingness to learn and interest to work with technical documentation.\
The secret ingredients that make us special:
- Your growth is our growth. We invest in your future with paid training and other professional opportunities.
- We’re industry innovators at the forefront of change. Equipped with the latest technologies and a team of knowledgeable colleagues by your side, you’ll embrace new and interesting challenges.
- Your location. Your schedule Pick your time-zone, choose your preferred hours, and work from the place where you feel most at home.
- Flexibility and freedom are in our DNA! As long as you have a stable internet connection and the drive to thrive, you can travel and work from anywhere you like.
- A workload you can rely on. We’ll set you enough tasks to keep that mind busy! At Scopic, we’ll ensure you always have a consistent flow of engaging, challenging work to do.
- Recognition and reward. We acknowledge diligence and hard work through annual pay increases for good performance.
Down to business!
- Your starting salary is negotiable depending on your skills and experience.
- Both hourly and salary positions are available.
- Employees are paid monthly via wire transfer.
Scopic is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
Have the skills, the drive, and the passion to join the Scopic family?
Apply today to join our growing team of remote professionals from around the world.
Please mention that you found this job on DailyRemote . This helps us in getting more companies on the platform. 🙏
Remote work tips, remote job roles, remote job location, join 40k+ people getting remote jobs.
Technical Writer (Remote)
Moov is the payments processor devoted to delighting users. We help software companies add money movement to their products, letting the end-user drive how they pay and get paid.
We’re seeking a technical writer to capture, organize, and maintain knowledge about our products on docs.moov.io . You will be writing for developers and operators of SaaS companies that implement Moov’s money movement capabilities into their products. You will also work closely with Moov engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Talk to product delivery teams to learn about our product features: what they do, how they work, how they’re used, and who they’re for
- Write software documentation from technical specifications, discussions with product managers and engineers, and hands-on experimentation
- Write recipes, guides, and other content to help make complex workflows simple to understand
- Dream up and implement new ways to deliver, analyze, and interact with technical content
- Help define doc processes and contribute to doc standards, including participating in peer editing and review cycles
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates
- Experience as a technical writer in the software industry
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills (clear, concise, instructive)
- Proficiency in HTML and Markdown
- Experience writing about backend languages like Go, Node, or others
- Experience with large information architecture projects
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
Moov is a 100% remote company with people from more than 25 states. We’re backed by a16z and other respected investors. We won Visa’s global Everywhere Initiative and our community of builders grows larger every day. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and we embrace diversity, creativity, and equal opportunity.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We have mountain bikers, skiers/boarders, runners, video gamers, musicians, movie buffs, weight lifters, and about every other type of person in between. We enjoy solving problems and tackling challenges with creativity. If we don’t know the answer, we revel in the hunt to find it. We like helping people and choose to give first. We’re patient, open, and honest. If you share our values and enthusiasm for making the complex simple and delightful, you’ll find a home at Moov.
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays, and sick leave
- Learning stipend and a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
- Home office stipend
- Ownership in the company via employee stock options
- Culture of people helping people who give first, celebrate wins together and embrace autonomy, transparency, and trust
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team passionate about solving customers’ needs and who love what they do
- Partner with a community of 2000+ developers around the world, helping them focus on possibilities vs payments
Salary range: $90k to $116k based on experience, geography, and other key factors
If you’re nervous about not meeting every qualification above, apply anyway. Moov is all about pushing boundaries—ours, yours, and the industry’s—so we look for curious people willing to experiment and grow. While we can’t teach curiosity and compassion, we can teach some technical skills. Of course, we can’t guarantee anything, but as Michael Scott says,“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!” (Or was that Wayne Gretzsky?)
One more thing:
Don’t go iron your clothes for your interview (do people still own irons?). We're all pretty casual here, so you can wear whatever you are most comfortable in.
When you meet with us, have some concrete, tangible examples of when you’ve added value, improved something, created something, or done some fantastic, customer-centric work. We also want to learn about you as a person. If you want to know what it’s like working at Moov, check out stories from our employees .
Share our job roles with others! Wouldn’t it be nice to make new friends and bring over old friends? We think so.
Technology we use
- Sales & Marketing
- People Operations
- Golang Languages
- Python Languages
- Sql Languages
- jQuery Libraries
- React Libraries
- Docker Frameworks
- Kubernetes Frameworks
- Node.js Frameworks
- Spark Frameworks
- Terraform Frameworks
- MySQL Databases
- SQLite Databases
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) Services
- GitHub Services
- GitLab Services
- Google Cloud Services
- Google Analytics Analytics
- Figma Design
- Linear Management
- Salesforce CRM
- Greenhouse CRM
- MailChimp Email
- Google Hangouts Collaboration
- Slack Collaboration
- Linear Project Management
- Notion Project Management
Technical Editor Tetra Tech 3.7 Remote in Helena, MT +1 location $25 - $48 an hour Part-time Weekend availability + 1 Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for… Posted 30+ days ago · More... Hands-on technical writing experience.
Technical Writer Remote $30.00 - $31.00 Per Hour (Employer est.) Easy Apply 24h Prepare documents of a highly confidential and sensitive nature such as presentations, expense reports, memos, and correspondence.… Nusano Engineering Technical Writer Remote $80K - $110K (Employer est.) Easy Apply 1 day ago
Technical Writer IV. Robert Half 3.9. Remote in Bothell, WA 98012. $99 - $103 an hour. Employer est. Contract + 1. Easily apply. Develop writes edits and formats materials such as checklists, technical manuals, installation guides, user manuals and related technical and business process…. Posted 27 days ago.
100% Remote Job Full-Time Employee. US National. A technical writer creates software documentation, user manuals, and other technical content that converts complex technical information to a non- technical language. Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of proven experience in writing technical documentation.
Technical Writers on Upwork can earn $25-$50/hr. Learn more below about how you can earn a career on the world's work marketplace. Start Earning $25 $50 Median hourly rates (USD) How to Become a Freelance Technical Writer Technical writers are the key to making complex topics simple and straightforward.
A remote technical writer needs excellent technical skills. Those skills emerge from an interest in and the interests of the company's product. Regardless, some popular technical skills that are relevant to most industries include: Project Management—time-constrained use of knowledge and skills to complete a company's specific project.
2-4 years technical writing, either on a team or freelance. Ideally previous experience in software development, or a thorough understanding of development and technical concepts. Excellent writing, grammar, and attention to detail. Ability to take complex, technical topics and turn it into compelling, user-friendly content. Working SEO knowledge.
Remote writers are frequently hired for freelance or contract positions, but there are often positions available for full-time remote writers. Search Jobs All Accounting Customer Service Data Entry Design Developer Editing Healthcare HR IT Legal Marketing Project Manager QA Sales Teaching Virtual Assistant Writing Other Remote Writing Jobs
Technical Writer Remote $45.00 - $50.00 Per Hour (Employer est.) Easy Apply 24h Gather information from subject-matter experts and develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.… 4.1 Modular Mining Systems, Inc Technical Writer II Tucson, AZ $49K - $70K (Glassdoor est.) 30d+
Content Writer Mailbird Full-Time, Mid-Level, Marketing Remote Today Commerce Writer Babylist Contract, Mid-Level, Ecommerce Remote (US) Today Content Writer, APAC Deel Full-Time, Mid-Level, UX Remote Today Content Writer Infobrandz Full-Time, Senior, Marketing Remote Feb 27 Content Marketing Manager
Remote Technical Writer Anywhere Full-time Allows Remote Are you on the hunt for exciting new challenges that boost your professional growth? If you're an innovator by nature and a Technical Content Writer by trade, we'd love to hear from you! Read on to see if you'd be a good fit for the Scopic team of 250+ professionals from over 40 countries.
Today's top 4,000+ Senior Technical Writer jobs in United States. Leverage your professional network, and get hired. New Senior Technical Writer jobs added daily.
Remote Content Writer Jobs Discover the best remote content writer jobs at top remote companies that offer you the freedom to work from home or places around the world as a digital nomad. Apply to all of the remote content writing jobs directly. No account required. Post a job Customer Support Design Engineering Marketing Non-Tech Operations
Today's top 1,000+ Remote Technical Writer jobs in United States. Leverage your professional network, and get hired. New Remote Technical Writer jobs added daily.
Key responsibilities: 1. Write and edit technical content for WordPress, including blog posts, tutorials, documentation, and other marketing materials 2. Collaborate with the marketing and development teams to ensure the accuracy and consistency of content 3. Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the WordPress community and incorporate them into our content 4. Create clear ...
Freelance Content Writer. OhMyCrawl. Remote. $20 - $58 an hour. Contract. Monday to Friday + 1. Urgently hiring. OhMyCrawl is a marketing agency that is in current need a of a staff content writer to expands blogs in their partnered websites and website portfolio. Employer.
Remote Technical Writer Anywhere Full-time Allows Remote Are you on the hunt for exciting new challenges that boost your professional growth? If you're an innovator by nature and a Technical Content Writer by trade, we'd love to hear from you! Read on to see if you'd be a good fit for the Scopic team of 250+ professionals from over 40 countries.
Content Writer INFUSEmedia Remote £1,800 - £2,000 a month Full-time 8 hour shift + 1 Requirements Content writing: 1 year Urgently needed 2+ years of experience writing B2B content; You must have a proven record of writing long-form B2B content, such as eBooks, white papers, guides, infographics,… Active 4 days ago · More...
Browse 29,805 REMOTE CONTENT WRITER jobs ($40k-$134k) from companies with openings that are hiring now. Find job postings near you and 1-click apply! Skip to Job Postings. Jobs ... Technical Content Writer This is a hybrid (40% remote and 60% onsite) role in San Francisco, CA. About Odoo Odoo is an open-source enterprise resource planning (ERP ...
Technical Writer (Remote) Moov Financial + 26 more | Remote Employer Provided Salary: $90,000-$116,000 Annually Salary data is provided by the employer. Please note this is not a guarantee of compensation. Easy Apply Save job Moov is the payments processor devoted to delighting users.
Remote. From $50,000 a year. Full-time + 4. Requirements. SR&ED technical writing: 2 years. Responsive employer. Urgently hiring. SR&ED technical writing: 2 years (required). Write and prepare technical reports, including the technical objectives, state of knowledge and deviation from….
ScaleMath is hiring a Remote Technical Content Writer (💰~$35k). Highlights:🕘 Flexible Hours (ideally some overlap with 9am-6pm UK time)🏖️ 20 Days of PTO🌍 Anywhere in the World🚀 Grow with the company🔑 Work with our Head of ContentWe're looking for a talented, driven, and enthusias...
Title: Technical Writer. Location: Remote in EST. Duration: Long term contract. Direct Client. Immediate interview. Pay Rate: $65 - 70/hr. Job Description: This opening is for an experienced technical writer who is passionate about enabling teams to maximize the value of their data. This technical writer will be part of the Data & Analytics ...