Schengen Visa Application Cover Letter – Samples for Tourist, Medical and Business Visa Applications
A Schengen Visa Cover Letter is the letter, which the visa applicant writes for the embassy where the visa application documents will be submitted.
A Schengen visa cover letter contains:
- The purpose of your travel to the Schengen member state or states
- Proof of how you will fund your trip (own funds or sponsor)
- If you have a sponsor – explain your personal relationship with your sponsor and the reason why they will be sponsoring your trip
- An overview of your itinerary, which also explains why you chose to apply at the specific Embassy
- If you cannot submit any of the required documents, write about the reasons why you cannot submit and explain alternative documents that you may have submitted
- Your intent to return to your home country – you can also write a separate letter of intent to explain your rootedness to your home country
It is important to write a cover letter as a way of communication with the embassy officer that will/is going to process your visa application.
Especially, now that a lot of the Embassies use the VFS services to collect documents and deliver the applicant’s passport, you have no chances given to speak to the visa officers and explain your details. As the visa officers make their decisions based on the documents you provide, it is highly recommended to write a cover letter that would do the explaining for you.
Therefore, write a compelling cover letter even though it is not to be found on the list of required documents!
Cover Letter Sample for a Tourist Visa Application
Find a personal template or sample of a tourist visa cover letter with details below:
April 03, 2017
EMBASSY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY No. 6/50G Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021 India
Subject: Anjali XXXXXXX, Indian Passport No: XXXXXX, Schengen Visa for Visit Friend/Famliy
I would like to apply for a Schengen visa upon my intention to travel to Germany from June 2 to June 28, 2017.
The main purpose of my travel is to visit my German friends. However, I look very forward to also visit the magnificent sights throughout Germany, as well as experience the famous German food and learn the German culture and way of life. During my stay, me and my friends wish to spend a holiday in the Netherlands and France to celebrate my upcoming graduation.
I am employed at <name of employer> in <address of employer> since April 2014, currently holding the position of Marketing Executive. My employer has already approved my vacation from work for the duration of this trip.
Please, find the following documents to support my visa application:
- Visa application form, duly dated and signed with attached passport-size pictures
- Passport, showing my travel experience
- Travel Insurance , coverage of €30,000
- E-ticket reservation for my flight via LH for New Delhi – Frankfurt – New Delhi [June 2-June 28, 2017]
- Hotel reservations for our holidays in the Netherlands and France
- Employment and leave certificates showing approved leaves as well as the date I am expected to return to work
- ITR, Payslips, and Savings Account as proof of my income
Also, the additional documents required for Medical Purposes Schengen Visa Application:
- Enclosed copies of medical records about your condition
- Bank statements and health insurance coverage to cover for medical expenses in [name of country]
- June 2, 2017 – Flight from New Delhi to Frankfurt via LH-761
- June 7, 2017 – Sightseeing in Germany
- June 10, 2017 – Travel from Frankfurt to Amsterdam Schiphol; Arrive in Amsterdam and stay at Clemens Hotel
- June 11, 2017 – Sightseeing in the Netherlands
- June 14, 2017 – Travel from Amsterdam Schiphol to Paris Gard du Nord and stay at Ibis Hotel – Sacré Coeur
- June 15, 2017 – Sacré Coeur, Opera, Tour Eiffel, Musee du Lourve
- June 17, 2017 – Chateau de Versailles
- June 20, 2017 – Travel from Paris Gard du Nord to Frankfurt via Air France
- June 28, 2017 – Flight back to New Delhi from Frankfurt via Lufthansa
I trust that you will find everything is in order. For any questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.
Thanking you in advance for a favorable reply to my application.
<Your Complete Name> <Your Address>, India
Cover Letter Sample for Medical Visa Application
Please use the following guidelines when you submit a cover letter for medical purposes to the Embassy:
- The diagnosis must be specific
- The recommended treatment must be named and described in detail by a licensed health care provider
- Your provider must state a specific length of treatment. Lifetime or indefinite lengths of treatment will not be approved
Find a personal template or sample of a Schengen visa cover letter with details below:
Name of Referring Hospital Address and Phone
I am writing on behalf of my patient, (patient name here), to document the medical need of (medication/treatment/equipment in question) for the treatment of (the exact diagnosis). Please, find in this letter the information regarding the patient’s medical diagnosis and history and a summary of my treatment motive.
Patient’s Diagnosis and History: (Here include the information regarding the patient’s condition and diagnosis as well as the patient’s relatable history)
Treatment: (Include information on the treatment and the course of care up to this point, and why the medication/treatment/equipment in question) is required and how you expect it will benefit your patient.)
Treatment Duration: (Length of time the medication/treatment/equipment in question is necessary – possibly not exceeding 12 months)
Summary: In summary, the (medication/treatment/equipment in question) is medically necessary for this patient’s medical condition and/or improvement.
Please, do not hesitate to contact me should any additional information be required to ensure the approval of the (medication/treatment/equipment in question).
Sincerely, (Name and signature of physician) Your licensed provider must complete, date and sign the letter.
- Business Schengen Visa Cover Letter Sample
- How to Write an Invitation Letter for Tourist/Visitor and Medical Visa
- Sponsorship Letter for Visa Application
- How to Book a Flight Reservation Without Payment
What Is An Invitation Letter For Visa Application?
What are the requirements for writing an invitation letter, how to write a letter of invitation for visa application, invitation letter sample, where to submit the letter of invitation, what is a visa cover letter, what are the types of visa cover letters, what information should be included in the visa cover letter, required details for medical purposes, required details for business purposes, cover letter samples, sample cover letter for tourist visa/sample letter of purpose of travel, sample cover letter for medical visa, sample cover letter for business visa, what is a sponsorship letter, what should be included in a sponsorship letter, visa sponsorship letter template, tips for writing a letter for visa applications, you can now confidently write your own invitation letter, visa invitation letter: with samples and letter format.
Jan 11, 2023
17 min read
One of the documents that first-time applicants need help understanding is a letter of invitation for tourist visa. Everything related to a visa invitation letter is simple and easy.
However, it may seem daunting if you've never written such a letter.
But not to worry. In this post, you'll find everything you need to know when writing your first invitation or visa cover letter.
After this post, you'll understand how to write a visa letter confidently.
No matter what type of visa you apply for, Atlys will provide you with the necessary visa application letter to ensure that your visa is approved.
A visa invitation letter generally states that you're invited by someone who resides abroad. The invitation letter is one of the visa requirements.
When you plan to visit a friend or relative who lives in a foreign country, you'll need to present a Visa invitation letter written by the person who resides in that country.
There are different invitation letters, such as business or hospital invitation letters. In addition, each visa letter will contain specific details of your intended trip.
The applicant must submit the letter to embassy for visa request consulate where they are doing so.
This letter, which the applicant's host writes and addresses to either the applicant or the consular official. It attests to their agreement to accommodate the applicant during their stay.
Although only some embassies in the world require it, it is still highly advised to submit a letter of invitation, even if it is optional.
The host must meet the following requirements for the letter of invitation to be accepted:
- Must be your friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, family member, or relative,
- Must be a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the nation you intend to visit (home, flat)
- They must have enough room in their home for the person applying for the visa
Many people may need clarification, but if you correctly understand its purpose, writing a letter of invitation could be the simplest part of applying for a visa. The host must write the letter themselves, and it must be addressed to you or the consular officer.
When you receive the documents needed for a visa, double-check whether any embassies have their invitation form. If they already have a form, your host will only need to fill in the blanks with the necessary details.
But even if they don't, we've included some examples below that you can use to change the details to fit your situation.
The main focus when writing a visa invitation letter is that the letter must have some important information about both the host and the guest. Therefore, the following details about the host must be included in the letter:
- Full Name as shown on their International Passport
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Type of home (The type the host lives in, for example, if it's a house/ apartment)
- Host's status in the host country (If the host is residing in that country on a work visa, student visa, permanent resident, or is a citizen or any other legal status)
- Relationship between the host and the guest
- The purpose of the trip (friendly visit, holiday, wedding, birthday party.)
- Exact entry date and exit date
Many visa applications are rejected because the host needs to format the letter properly. You should also pay attention to the tone; it shouldn't sound overly formal or professional. It would help if you showed that you and the visitor have a close relationship.
In this section, I'll provide a sample invitations letter you can use when visiting friends or relatives.
Immigration Officer [Embassy Name ] [Embassy Address] [Embassy Phone Number] Subject: Invitation Letter for [Applicant's Name] with Passport No. __________________ Dear Sir/Madam, I, [host's Name], am writing this letter on behalf of [applicant's Name] to support their visa application to [country name]. I >currently reside in [country name] as a citizen/permanent resident at [address]. [Include information of the relationship between the host and the applicant] [Applicant's Name] will be visiting me from [enter date DD/MM/YY] to [exit date DD/MM/YY] for tourism purposes in [country name]. We plan to visit [tourist destinations/cities/places] during the specified dates to engage in numerous tourism activities such as [add booked tours/agenda/itinerary]. Furthermore, [applicant name] will be staying with me at [host's address] until their departure date to [applicant's home country]. All expenses for the planned trip will be covered through [provide means of funding] by the [applicant name]. Should you need additional information or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Kind regards, [host's Signature] [host's Name] [host's Address] [host's Phone Number] [host's Email]
The host should include copies of their residence permit, proof of residence (address), and other applicable documentation.
Suppose you're applying for a US visa. In that case, the visitor's letter and visa application form are delivered to the U.S. embassy or consulate. The guest will submit it along with the other required supporting documents on the day of their visa interview at the embassy or consulate when the host scans and sends it to them.
Simply put, the visa cover letter is a letter that includes important details regarding your trip to a desired country. Think of it as a proposal of why you are eligible to receive your visa.
Please note that it should be addressed to the Embassy, Consulate, or Visa Application Center where you plan to submit your Visa application. Now, not all cover letters are the same. You'll find that your trip's purpose will determine your visa letter's content.
As I just mentioned, the purpose of your trip will determine the content of your visa cover letter. There are mainly 3 types of cover letters:
- A cover letter for tourism purposes - written by you (the applicant)
- A cover letter for business purposes - typically written by your employer
- A cover letter for medical purposes - typically written by an authorized medical institution
These are self-explanatory. Just remember to include applicable information supporting your trip - I'll get to this next.
The key to writing a convincing cover letter is details, details, and details. Remember, you must convince Embassy/Consular staff that you're eligible for a visa. Remember that a standard visa cover letter is used to prove the purpose of travel to the intended destination. Within this section, I'll include a sample letter about the purpose of travel.
Generally, your visa letter will include the following details:
- The reason why you plan to visit the Country in question,
- The dates you plan to enter and exit the country (flight reservations),
- A detailed itinerary of what you plan to do in the country,
- Proof that you have the financial means to support yourself,
- Where do you plan to stay,
- Other countries you plan to visit (if applicable),
- If you have someone that will sponsor your trip, explain your relationship and how they will support you (if applicable),
- In the case that you can't submit any of the required documents, explain why you can't and what alternative documents you've submitted,
- Other relevant information you find applicable,
Quick note: You can use your supporting/required documents to help prove the purpose of your trip. For example, enter the hotel name and refer to your proof of accommodation. "My friend and I plan to stay at ABC Hotel in Paris; our complete hotel reservation is attached."
The information included in your cover letter for medical purposes (typically written by the doctor/specialist):
- An official letterhead of the medical institution
- Patient's diagnosis and history
- Dates of the treatment
- The treatment the patient will undergo and specific information (how it will benefit the patient, the exact treatment, etc.)
- The duration of the treatment
- Any other relevant information
Quick note: You can also request the hospital/medical center abroad to write you an invitation letter. This is known as a Hospital invitation letter and will include relevant details regarding your medical treatment, trip details, personal information, etc.
When traveling for business purposes, your employer must include a cover letter for a business visa. A cover letter for a business visa must include the following:
- Letterhead of company
- Travel dates
- The purpose of the business trip
- The duration of the trip
- The company name, as well as your position in the company
- The visa type you are applying for (Business Visa)
- Contact information of the employer
Quick note: You'll sometimes receive an invitation letter from the company for a visa from abroad. The company you plan to visit abroad can also write you a visa invitation letter that can be attached to your visa application.
Next, you'll find samples of the different cover letters you can provide for your visa application. Remember that these samples are only guidelines; you should edit the letter to suit your specific needs.
Date: Immigration Officer [Embassy Name] [Embassy Address] [Embassy Phone Number] Subject: Cover Letter for tourism to [Desired Country] of [applicant name] with Passport No. __________________ Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to apply for a visa to travel to [country name] from [enter date DD/MM/YY] to [enter date DD/MM/YY] My trip to [country name] is for tourism. I am excited to visit numerous tourist destinations such as [add places you plan to see] and experience [country name] 's unique cuisines and culture. Furthermore, I plan to visit the [city name(s)] to ensure I have the ultimate tourist experience. [Feel free to add your schedule/itinerary and elaborate more on what you plan to do] While visiting [country name], I plan to stay at the following hotels: [hotel name and address] - [date DD/MM/YY] [hotel name and address] - [date DD/MM/YY] I am currently employed at [company name] with the title of [position]. I have received approval for vacation days for the dates specified above. Furthermore, I will support myself financially for my trip using [provide means of finances]. I am attaching all the required documents for my Visa application. I trust that you will find everything is in order. However, if you have any questions or requirements, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime. Thank you in advance for a favorable reply to my application. Sincerely, [Your Complete Name] [Your Address]
In most cases, your medical examiner/specialist will provide this visa letter to you.
[Official letterhead of hospital/medical institution] [Current Date] [Name of Referring Hospital] [Address and Phone] [Patient Name] Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing on behalf of my patient, [patient Name here], to document the medical need for [medication/treatment/equipment in question] for the treatment of [the exact diagnosis]. Please, find in this letter the information regarding the patient's medical diagnosis and history and a summary of my treatment motive. I am writing on behalf of my patient, [Name], to confirm the medical necessity of [treatment/medication] for [the treatment in question]. This visa letter will contain information regarding [name ('s)] medical diagnosis, history, and a summary of my treatment motivation. Patient's Diagnosis and History: (Add applicable information of the patient's diagnosis and medical history) Treatment: (Add applicable information about the patient's treatment, the reason thereof, and how it will benefit the health of the patient) Treatment Duration: (Add the expected duration of the treatment) Summary: As highlighted, the [medication/treatment] is necessary for my patient's medical condition. My patient could recover/improve successfully with the correct treatment and care. Please do not hesitate to contact me if any further information is required to guarantee the approval of my patient's medical treatment. Sincerely, [name and signature of physician]
Quick note: Ensure that you include other relevant required documents alongside your medical cover letter. These can include records of your medical condition, health insurance policies, and so on.
In this section, I will show you the Business visa cover letter sample.
[Letterhead of Company] [Date] [Embassy name] [Embassy address] Dear Consul General: I'm writing this letter to confirm that Mr./Mrs.[Name and Last Name] is an employee at [company name] as [job title/position]. During the last [number of years you've been working at the company], Mr./Mrs. [Name] has been key to improving relationships with our investors abroad. As such, Mr./Mrs. [Name] will be traveling to [Name of city], [country] from [Date of entry] until [Date of exit] for a total of [number of days] to attend to the following work-related activities: [Write in as much detail as possible about the business that will be conducted abroad] Furthermore, during this time, Mr./Mrs. [Name] will attend an important business meeting in (city name) to improve corporate relations with our partners abroad. Mr./Mrs. [Name] will be staying at [hotel name, address, phone number] and will return to [country of origin] on the dates specified above. I kindly ask for the [visa type] to be issued to Mr./Mrs. [Name and surname] at your earliest convenience. Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you need additional information. Kind regards, [Supervisor signature] [Name and last name] [Title] [Phone number] [Address of employer]
A sponsorship letter is required when you (the applicant) won't provide the funds for your trip abroad and is written by the person who will be funding your trip (the sponsor). It's an important document that proves you'll have the financial means to support yourself for the duration of your trip (for expenses such as accommodation, food, transport, etc.)
Quick note: This should be distinct from an visa invitation letter . Here I'll provide a Visa letter sample of sponsorship you can use for sponsorships.
The sponsorship visa letter should include details of both the applicant and the sponsor. Here's what you can include:
- Your details
- Your trip details (travel dates, itinerary, etc.)
- The duration of your trip
- Your sponsor's details (Name, surname, and contact details)
- What expenses will be paid
One more thing: Your sponsor should also submit copies of the following required documents:
Copies of their passport/I.D.
Proof of sufficient funds such as bank statements or payslips
A travel itinerary (if applicable)
Proof of accommodation for the applicant
A flight itinerary to prove that you will return to your home country (if applicable)
The Visa sponsorship letter sample can be used as a guideline. For this sample visa letter, we'll look at a husband sponsoring his wife's trip (you could replace "wife" with the applicant's Name).
Date: Immigration Officer [Embassy Name] [Embassy Address] [Embassy Phone Number] Subject: Sponsorship Letter for [Wife's Name] with Passport No. __________________ Dear Sir/Madam, I, [Your Full Name], currently residing at [address] and a [country] citizen, am writing in support of my wife, [Wife's Full Name], visa application. [Wife's Name] will be traveling with me to [Destination name] for tourism and the purpose of the visit. My wife and I will depart on [enter date DD/MM/YY] and return to [enter the home country/another country] on [enter date DD/MM/YY]. During the dates specified above, my wife and I plan to visit [places you plan to visit] [add more details if applicable - a schedule, tours, etc.]. In addition, [Wife's Name] will be staying with me at [hotel name(s)]. Furthermore, I will cover all expenses through [provide means of funding]. Please find all the required documents attached to this letter to support the statements. Kind regards [Applicant name] [Your home address] [Your phone number] [Your occupation] [Your signature]
How to write a visa letter is one of many things you should know. Writing a cover letter can be effortless if you understand what information authorities are looking for. However, it may seem daunting if it's your first time writing a visa letter to official embassy authorities. Therefore, I recommend using Atlys when applying for any visa, as they will generate a visa application letter for you. Even so. I'll include some useful tips you can use when writing your next cover letter.
- Include important details: To increase the chances of a successful visa application, include important information regarding your trip to the country. First, however, think of what authorities would want to know about. For example, authorities are not interested in the means of transportation you plan to use when visiting the country. However, they want to know what cities you plan to visit and if you have booked any accommodation within those cities.
- Always refer to your supporting documents: The great thing about your supporting documents is that you can refer to them within your cover letter. This proves the purpose of your trip and acts as additional information that you don't need to include within your cover letter. For example, suppose you have a planned trip itinerary. In that case, you can mention a few activities within your cover letter and refer to your planned itinerary attached to your visa application. Should authorities want to know more about your plan, they will find more information in your complete itinerary.
- Don't be too personal: Remember, you're only trying to prove the purpose of your trip, not explain your ambition for travel. It's acceptable to explain your relationship with a friend or family member you plan to visit. However, it's not recommended to highlight how much you've missed them and how you can't wait to see them because it's been 10 years since you've had a coffee and discussed politics and love.
- Avoid including unnecessary details: Including essential travel details is important. Nonetheless, it would help if you avoid including information that adds no value to your visa application. A good way to ensure that the information you've included is important is to use your required documents as a reference. For example, adding that you plan to finance your trip using cash is important. Yet, embassy authorities don't want to know how much you plan to spend on transportation, food, clothes, and other expenses. Instead, they want to confirm that you have the financial means to support yourself for your trip.
- Please keep your letter short and to the point: I know I sound like a broken record, but including important information will help keep your letter short and to the point. As a result, authorities will have a much easier time reading through your visa letter, increasing your chances of a successful visa application.
After reading through this post, you'll be able to easily write your visa letter no matter the visa you plan to apply for. Remember, you can use the sample visa letters as a guideline. However, it would be best if you make it your own. You now know everything there is on how to write a visa letter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should i submit my visa cover letter.
Once you have written your cover letter, you must submit it alongside your visa application form and other required documents at the Embassy, where you will lodge your visa application.
What Are The Other Required Documents With A Visa Invitation Letter?
As a U.S. visitor, you must ensure your visa invitation is complete and includes all of the sponsor's information( a U.S. citizen). In addition, it would be helpful to include a letter of invitation for a visa and supporting documentation.
- A copy of your Passport, I.D., or green card
- Proof of sufficient funds, such as your bank statements (if funded by the host in the U.S.)
- You can also attach a Declaration of Financial Support or USCIS Form I-134
- Proof of residence such as your home address, a rental contract, etc.
- Students can supply the applicant with their enrollment verification letter or a copy of their transcripts.
- The applicant must attach the other required documents for their visa application.
What Other Countries Can I Visit With My Schengen Visa?
With your Schengen Visa, you can visit the following Schengen Member States in Europe: Austria , Belgium , Czech Republic , Denmark , Estonia , Finland , France , Germany , Greece , Hungary , Iceland , Italy , Latvia , Liechtenstein , Lithuania , Luxembourg , Malta , Netherlands , Norway , Poland , Portugal , Slovakia , Slovenia , Spain , Sweden , and Switzerland .
Why Is A Cover Letter Important?
In some cases, you might not be able to attend an in-person interview with a visa officer, especially when applying through a Visa Application Center (like VFS global). A cover letter will help clearly explain the purpose of your travel to the embassy authorities responsible for processing your visa application. Not only will a cover letter facilitate the visa processing time, but it will also potentially increase the chances of a successful visa application.
Can I get a Schengen visa without an invitation letter?
When traveling for any purpose to a Schengen area country, it's definitely recommended to have an invitation letter. The letter will make it much easier for the Embassy to grant you the Schengen Visa.
What Other Documents Should I Submit Alongside My Schengen Visa Cover Letter?
For a successful visa application, you'll need to submit certain documents that form part of the Schengen Visa requirements. You must submit the following documents in addition to your cover letter:
- A Valid Passport (valid for 6 months after your trip)
- 2 Passport-Size Pictures
- A Complete Schengen Visa Application Form
- A Flight Itinerary or Return Flight Ticket
- Proof Of Financial Means (bank statements for the past 6 months)
- Proof Of Accommodation (hotel bookings, Airbnb reservations)
- A Cover Letter
- Valid Schengen Travel Insurance
- Employment Status Documents
- Proof Of Civil Status
- COVID-19 Requirements
How To Write A Cover Letter For VFS Global?
Writing a cover letter for VFS Global is as simple as writing a letter to the embassy. Keep in mind that VFS Global acts as a bridge between you and the embassy. So when writing a cover letter for VFS Global, use the samples above (depending on purpose). In any case, remember that any visa cover letter follows the same principle and format.
Germany tourist visa.
In this post, you will find important information on how to get a visa to Germany from the USA. This post will cover if US citizens need a Germany Schengen Visa, requirements for Green Card Holders, and how to schedule a Schengen Visa appointment.
Greece Tourist Visa
Greece Tourist Visa - Application, Requirements, Validity and Appointments. Find out who needs one and how to apply for a Greece Tourist Visa.
Thailand Visa for US Citizens
The Thailand visa for US citizens doesn't have to be complicated. Follow me as I walk you through the fastest and easiest way to get a Thai visa online.
The Ultimate Greece Visa Guide
Traveling to Greece? Our easy-to-follow guide will help you figure out what Greece Visa to apply for & take you through the entire Application Process.
The Types Of Spanish Visas Available
In this complete guide, we’ll walk you through all the types of visas you can apply for when traveling to Spain. We also include easy to follow instructions when applying for your Schengen Tourist Visa to Spain.
How To Apply For A Nigerian Visa
Get your Nigeria Visa now! This post has everything you need from the application process to the requirements.
In this article
Cover Letter for Visa Application
If you are in the process of applying for a Schengen Visa , you may have noticed that are asked to submit a Cover Letter.
The Cover Letter for Schengen Visa applications is an important requirement, and knowing how to properly write one could affect the outcome of the visa application.
What is a Cover Letter for Schengen Visa Application?
The Cover Letter for a Schengen Visa is a necessary part of your visa application because it is a way to introduce yourself, the reason why you want to travel to that specific country, as well as to communicate with the visa officers who are handling your application.
Please note that the Cover Letter should be addressed to the Embassy or Consulate of the country you will visit, even if you are applying through a visa application center, such as VFS Global.
In the Cover Letter for a Schengen Visa, you have to convince the Consular staff that you are suitable to receive a visa for the country you intend to visit.
What Information to Include in a Cover Letter for Schengen Visa Application?
When you write a Cover Letter for your Schengen Visa application, you have to include details of your entire trip including:
- The reason why you want to visit a Schengen country .
- The dates when you intend to enter and depart.
- A planned itinerary of your activities in the Schengen Area.
- Where you will stay once you enter the Schengen area.
- All the countries you intend to visit.
- The status of your employment.
- If you were unable to submit any of the required documents, give an explanation of why that is.
Sample Cover Letters for Schengen Visa
Below, you will find a sample Cover Letter for a Schengen Tourist or Visit Visa, a Schengen Business Visa , as well as for a Schengen Medical Treatment Visa which will give you an idea of what to include on your own Visa Cover Letter.
Sample Cover Letter for Tourist Schengen Visa
March 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Netherlands Embassy in New Delhi
6/50 F, Shantipath
New Delhi – 110021
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter to apply for a Schengen visa to visit the Netherlands from the dates May 20 to June 10, 2019. I am traveling alone and the main reason why I want to visit the Netherlands is tourism.
I would like to visit the popular tourist attractions in the Netherlands, such as the Van Gogh Museum, the house of Anne Frank, as well as the Keukenhof gardens to see the Netherlands’ most popular flower – the tulip.
During my stay, I also want to visit Germany from May 29 to June 5 to visit my sister who lives in Dusseldorf, where I will stay at her house. Then, I will return to the Netherlands, where I will explore the Hague before I leave the country.
I am employed at the [name of company/organization] where I have the position of [job position]. I have worked here for X years, and I have an annual salary of XX. My employer has given me a No Objection Certificate for my trip, which you will find enclosed.
I intend to finance my own trip, and I have also enclosed proof I have the necessary financial means to cover my stay.
Below you can see a planned itinerary of my activities :
Supporting visa application documents I have enclosed with this letter:
- The completed Schengen Visa Application Form
- My passport
- My flight and train ticket reservations
- Schengen Visa Travel Health Insurance
- Hotel reservation receipts (Amsterdam and Hague)
- Letter of Invitation from my sister in Dusseldorf
- No Objection Certificate from my employer
- My Bank Statements from the last six months
I hope you find that the details I have provided in this letter are adequate for a favorable reply to my application. Thank you for your time, and do not hesitate to contact me should you need further information.
[Full address in India]
Sample Cover Letter for Business Schengen Visa
If you are applying for a Schengen Business Visa, it is your employer who has to write the Cover Letter on your behalf. It must be written on the company’s letterhead.
I am writing this letter to request a Schengen Business Visa on behalf of [applicant’s full name] with the passport number XXXX.
Through this letter, I would like to confirm that [applicant’s full name] is employed at our company [company’s name] where he works as [job title or position]. [The applicant] has been working in our company for [X number of years], and needs to travel to the Netherlands to visit our partner company [partner company’s name] during the dates April 20 to April 30, 2019.
During his visit at [partner company’s name] in the Netherlands, [the applicant] will be engaged in the following duties:
- Attending meetings
- Negotiating a deal between the companies regarding [XYZ]
- Giving a presentation
- (Any other tasks that you will have to do during your trip)
[The applicant] will stay at the [hotel name/other accommodation], and the expenses will be covered by our company (if applicable).
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any additional questions.
Thank you for your time,
[Name of employer/supervisor along with siganture]
[Position or job title of employer/supervisor]
[Email address of employer/supervisor]
[Phone number of employer/supervisor]
Sample Cover Letter for Medical Treatment Visa
If you are traveling to a Schengen country to receive medical treatment, your doctor has to write the Cover Letter on your behalf. The Cover Letter for a Schengen Medical Treatment Visa has to include the following information:
- Your detailed diagnosis
- Your medical history
- The nature and duration of the proposed treatment you will receive in the Schengen country
I am writing this letter to request a Schengen Medical Treatment Visa on behalf of my patient [applicant’s full name] with the passport number XXXX.
[Applicant’s name] is diagnosed with [XYZ] and needs to receive [XYZ] treatment at the [medical facility name] in the Netherlands.
[The nature and duration of the proposed treatment you will receive in the Schengen country]
I hope you consider the information I have enclosed in this letter to be satisfactory for my patient’s Schengen Visa application.
Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your time.
[Name of the doctor along with siganture]
Where should I submit the Cover Letter for Schengen Visa?
Depending on what country you are applying from, you can submit the Schengen Visa application at:
- An Embassy or Consulate of the Schengen country you are visiting.
- The Embassy/Consulate of another Schengen country, in case the country you want to visit has no diplomatic representation in your place of residence.
- A visa application agency, to which the Embassy or Consulate of the Schengen country you are visiting has outsourced visa applications to.
Keep in mind that if you’re going to visit multiple countries, submit the application at the Embassy/Consulate of the country you will visit first.
What other documents should I submit along with the Cover Letter for Schengen Visa?
When you submit your application for a Schengen Visa, along with the Cover Letter, you have to submit several other supporting documents , such as:
- Your passport, which must be valid for at least another six months
- Passport-size pictures, in line with Schengen visa photo requirements
- Your flight itinerary or reservations
- Proof of accommodation in a Schengen country
- No Objection Certificate from your employer/school
- Letter of Invitation from a relative or company in the Schengen country you are visiting, depending on the purpose of travel
- Proof of paid Schengen Visa Fees
- Your Bank Statements from the last six months
Read more: How to write a cover letter for Germany Student Visa Application?
SAMPLE COVER LETTERS for VISA APPLICATION: Korea, Schengen, Australia
Employment certificate, financial documents, and income tax return (ITR) are the staples of most visa applications. But there is one document that is usually overlooked — the cover letter.
A cover letter isn’t always a requirement when applying for a visa. However, it’s something that we often recommend to add to your pile of documents, especially if there is no interview and you have some explaining to do.
You see, sometimes, things don’t always fit the mold perfectly. There are cases wherein you can’t provide the exact document needed, but you have a very good alternative. Or maybe you just can’t provide something at all, but you have a perfectly valid reason. Or perhaps you’re traveling with a group or for a special purpose. These instances could probably benefit from a well-crafted explanation to give the visa officer a clearer picture of your situation.
When I apply for a visa, I usually submit a cover letter regardless of whether or not it’s one of the requirements. I always want to give a summary of my application and clarify some aspects that may be prone to misinterpretation.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
What should be in a cover letter?
For me, a good cover letter must be able to provide the following:
- A short introduction about yourself.
- Your travel dates and the purpose of your trip
- If traveling with a group: your companions and your relationship with them
- If sponsored: your sponsor’s name, your relationship with them, and the reason why they are willing to sponsor you
- If you’re missing some requirements: the reason why you won’t be able to provide them and the alternatives you are submitting instead
- If applying for a double entry or multiple entry visa: the reason why you need to be allowed more than one entry
- A quick rundown of the destinations you will be visiting
- A quick summary of your travel history (if any), highlighting that you have NEVER violated visa rules in the past
- A promise to return to your home country in time
Looks like a lot, huh? But here’s the thing: According to a couple of friends who used to work as visa officers at strict embassies, they usually had very little time to assess each application. Hence, if you’re going to make a cover letter, go straight to the point . One page should be enough. The key is being concise — finding the balance between giving enough information and keeping it short and sweet.
Here are some samples. I intentionally used complicated situations to give you an idea how I usually explain them. If they don’t apply to you, feel free to modify these to match your case. Please use this only as a model for your own cover letter. Please do not copy-paste the whole thing without adjustments.
Sample Cover Letter for Australian Visa (Online Application)
✅ DOWNLOAD THIS!
Sample Cover Letter for Schengen Visa
✅ DOWNLOAD THIS HERE!
Sample Cover Letter for Korean Visa
2020 • 1 • 7
Is this post helpful to you?
More Tips on YouTube ⬇️⬇️⬇️
- HOW TO AVOID GETTING OFFLOADED: Airport Immigration Requirements
- How to Apply for a SCHENGEN VISA via FRENCH EMBASSY
- SCHENGEN VISA via FRENCH Embassy: NEW Requirements & Application Process
- KOREAN VISA: LIST OF TRAVEL AGENCIES Accredited by the Embassy
- Sample INVITATION LETTER for JAPAN VISA Application (Reason for Invitation)
- The Road to VISA APPLICATION APPROVAL: When is the Right Time? How to Prepare Early?
- SOUTH KOREAN SHORT-TERM VISAS Temporarily SUSPENDED!
- NEW PASSPORT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & DFA Schedule Appointment Tips
- Recent Posts
- Hong Kong 500,000 Tickets Giveaway: Here’s How to Get One! - 3 March 2023
- 2023 TAIWAN TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Still Visa-Free for Filipinos? Quarantine & Testing Needed? - 31 January 2023
- 2023 BANGKOK TRAVEL GUIDE with Sample Itinerary & Budget - 21 December 2022
where to attach cover letter for Australia Visa application?
In my case, I uploaded it under Evidence of Planned Tourism Activities > Others.
We heard you!
Your comment is now queued for moderation! We’ll try to get back to you soonest. While waiting, follow us on these channels.
Subscribe on Youtube! Follow us on Instagram!
A Sample Cover Letter for Tourist Visa and How to Create One
By Alice Ross | PASSPORT & VISA
- PASSPORT & VISA » A Sample Cover Letter for Tourist Visa and How to Create One
If you're planning to travel abroad , in many cases you will need to obtain a visa beforehand. The requirements vary according to your country of origin and your destination. But for a lot of people, the process to be granted a visa can seem daunting and unclear. In this article, we share important tips about visas to equip you with the knowledge to prepare for your international trip. Read on to find out more about how tourist visas work, including a very useful sample cover letter for your tourist visa application.
What Exactly Is a Tourist Visa?
A tourist visa or visitor visa is an official document that allows you to get in another country. In general, you are likely to need one every time you visit another country. However, this depends on which country you are from and where you are going, as some countries have agreements that allow entrance even without it.
A tourist visa may take different forms: it can be a paper document, although it most often comes as a simple stamp in your passport . Some countries require you to arrange your visa before arriving in the country, while others issue it to you once you land at the airport.
A tourist visa indicates how long you are allowed to stay in the country. It also defines which activities you are allowed to participate in or not while there, such as working and studying.
Other Types of Visas
A tourist visa is the most common and most acquired type of visa. It is usually only valid for a short period of time, commonly ranging from a few weeks to a couple of months.
This is what you will need if you are just planning to visit the country. A tourist visa however doesn't allow you to work and study while you are in a particular country.
Others types of visas include student visas, business visas, media visas, fiancé visas , and many others depending on the place you're travelling to.
Resident visas are also available for those who want to live in a particular country. You will normally need a valid reason to obtain this type of visa, as they tend to be the most difficult to get.
What You Need to Apply for a Tourist Visa
As mentioned above, tourist visa requirements vary with your nationality and your destination, as well as where you make your application. You should always check the instructions application to your specific situation on the relevant embassy or consulate website. Having said that, there are some general requirements and common documents that are needed for most tourist visa applications.
- Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the intended period of stay
- Duly filled out visa application forms
- Confirmed round-trip tickets
- Cover letter for tourist visa or letter to the consulate
Top tip: travel insurance for your visa application
Most tourist visa applications require you to show proof of travel insurance coverage for the duration of your trip. We use and recommend SafetyWing as our preferred travel medical insurance provider. It's the most flexible and affordable we've found, starting at just $1.32 per day. They can also provide a visa letter to support your application. If you're looking for more comprehensive coverage, World Nomads is also a reliable and very popular alternative among global travelers. Note: In our experience and to the best of our knowledge, these two travel insurance options fulfill the requirements for most tourist visa applications. However, please make sure to check that they meet the specific criteria applicable to your individual case.
Sample Cover Letter for Tourist Visa Application
The cover letter or letter to the consulate is necessary for tourist visas that require interviews. This letter needs to explain why you want to visit the country and where you will be staying in the country. It must also outline the intended dates and duration of your stay.
Moreover, this letter is your way to tell the embassy if you are getting a sponsorship from a friend, parents, or a romantic partner who are currently based in that country. It's important to take your time to write your cover letter, although you should also make sure to keep it to-the-point and not too long.
If the trip is going to be sponsored by someone else , make sure to include the following details in the cover letter for your tourist visa application:
- The name of the person who is going to sponsor your trip
- The job or source of income of the person who is going to sponsor you
- Your proof or relationship (normally pictures)
- Proof of financial capability of your sponsor
- The expenses your sponsor will cover
The cover letter is a really important document to provide before your trip. It states every important thing you want to tell the embassy or consulate. Make sure that it mentions and explains every document you've submitted.
To give you a better insight into how to create a cover letter for your visa application, here is a sample cover letter for a tourist visa needed to enter a country:
TO THE HONORABLE CONSUL
EMBASSY OF (Country you're visiting)
<Address of the Consulate>
I, <Your full legal name> would like to apply for a tourist visa to spend a vacation in <name of the country> from <date of arrival> to <date of departure.>
My main purpose for travel is tourism, to see the beautiful sights of <name of the country> , particularly <name of tourist attractions.> I'm also looking forward to experiencing the culture, tasting the cuisine, and meeting locals to experience everything the country has to offer.
I am employed at <name of the company> located in <location of the company> since <date you were employed> and am currently holding the position of <your job position.> Vacation from work has already been approved for the whole duration of this trip.
During my trip, my <your relationship with the sponsor> <full name of the sponsor,> who works as <job title of the sponsor> at <place of employment> will sponsor my trip. He/she will cover my accommodations, food expenses, and plane tickets.
Please find the following documents to support the legitimacy of what is outlined in this letter:
- Passports (including old ones if applicable)
- Application form, duly dated and signed with passport-size picture
- Employment and leave certificates showing the date I'm expected to return to work
- Payslips, tax report, credit card statements, bank certificate & statement of account as proof of income
- Plane ticket booking reservation
- Hotel booking reservation as proof of accommodation directly faxed to the embassy
- Travel insurance with benefits
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you require any further information. I may not be available at all times due to my working schedule or I might be engaged in a mission, but you may still try to reach me at the following:
Of course, the sample cover letter for tourist visa application provided above is only a template and can be modified according to your situation. Again, including this in your travel visa application is very important, so make sure that you take the time to think about what you want to write and to gather all the necessary documents to support the information you provide in your letter.
Do you have any helpful tips or a sample cover letter for a tourist visa application you want to share? Let us know in a comment below!
Rating: 4.21 (67 votes)
Thank for your voting!
About the Author
Hi, I’m Alice Ross, a long-term traveler who left the corporate world to travel the world. I chose to live life on my own phase and live day by day while immersing myself in new experiences, new knowledge, and new people in a different walk of life I met along the way.
How to Apply For Permanent Residence in Canada through Express Entry
Can You Fly with A Temporary Paper License? Here’s What You Need to Know
Do I Need A Passport Book and Card?
Leave a Comment:
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
COVER LETTERS FOR VISAS: HOW TO DO THAT?
Cover letter for visas: what to write and what to include, what’s the point, are there different types of visa cover letters.
Likewise, a cover letter for a visa concerning medical reasons will require documents related to diagnosis, treatment, etcetera. The visa cover letter is often not mentioned in the list of required documents although it’s necessary for all circumstances. Remember, the consulate reserves the right to request additional documents at any point during the application process.
Is there anything else I should know?
There are some other things too. It’s best to treat the process as if it’s a job interview , i.e. to be professional and courteous, to arrive prior to your scheduled appointment, and so on. The embassy staff are there to help you with the process, but it’s best to approach the situation almost as if you’re there to help them.
Travelling through the Schengen area you will certainly notice that some countries are much stricter than others. Some consulates may not accept reservations from websites that allow for last minute cancellation while others may. If you are planning to go anywhere outside the country of entry within the Schengen area , the embassy you are applying to must know about it.
You will have to choose between a single-entry or a multiple-entry visa on your application form. The single-entry visa allows you to enter the Schengen area only one time; the multiple entry, multiple times. If you are visiting only one country there is no need for a multiple entry visa, but if your journey takes you from Italy to, say, Croatia then you’ll need a multiple entry visa since Croatia, while part of the EU, is not yet part of the Schengen area.
What should a cover letter look like?
[Letterhead of Company]
Dear Sir/Madam ,
Consulate of ( home country ) Place (e.g. Delhi, Mumbai, etc.)
Subject: Requesting Business Visa for (number of days).
I, (applicant name), holding (nationality) passport (number), will be attending a series of business meetings and a conference on sustainable development in (country name) for a total period of (number of days abroad).
I am requesting that your office issue a business visa for (number of days) with (single/multiple) entry, to visit (country) for business purposes.
Please note that I have already made all of the necessary arrangements for my stay in (country), such as hotel bookings , return flight, etc.
I confirm that during my stay in (country), I will bear all the expenses related to this trip, including the cost of return air tickets, travel expenses within (country), hotel expenses, food and so on.
Please find the following documents to support my visa application:
- Visa application form, dated and signed with attached passport-size pictures;
- Travel Insurance for at least €30,000;
- Flight reservation information;
- Hotel reservation for my stay in Italy;
- Employment and leave certificates showing approval and the date I will to return to work;
- Income tax return, payslips, and savings account as proof of income;
- Bank statements and health insurance coverage to cover any medical expenses in (name of country)
I trust that you will find everything in order. For any questions or clarifications, please contact me anytime.
Name, Address: Email: Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Nothing to it.
To learn more about the topic, check out also our video about elective residency visa, or our video about tax residency in Europe .
About Post Author
After moving back to Italy from the United States in 2013, I realized how much an accounting and tax firm was needed to help expats living in Italy to comply with the local tax regulations.
My idea seeded when I had to go through the complicated Italian tax system myself, and that’s when I started Accounting Bolla. Its mission is very simple, yet utopian: to make Italian taxes easy and manageable.
At Accounting Bolla we aim to help our clients with straightforward solutions.
Since 2017 we can proudly claim to have helped thousands of clients in optimizing their taxes and in safely investing in Italy.
We help EU based ecommerce business selling in Italy. If you are confused about Italian VAT we’ll handle that.
See author's posts
1 thought on “COVER LETTERS FOR VISAS: HOW TO DO THAT?”
Thank you for mentioning how visa cover letters are not usually mentioned in the list of required documents even though they are necessary. We’ll ask a lawyer if they can help us compose this cover letter since my brother plans on applying for a partner visa soon. I’m hoping a legal expert will know exactly what needs to be written there.
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Any questions? Contact us
- Flight Reservation
- Hotel Booking
- Flight + Hotel
- Flight + Hotel + Insurance
- Flight + Insurance
- Hotel + Insurance
- Travel Guides
- Visa Interview Guide
- Visa Packages
- Book Appointment
- ASK COMMUNITY
Free Covering Letter for visa application
We often hear travellers wondering how and where to get a free covering letter for their visa application. You must be thinking, as if there aren’t enough things to think of and plan, here’s another addition to the long list of documents! We understand many of you must be confused as to what kind of a cover letter you need to submit to the embassy and why would you need one. In this article, we will help you understand all this and also tell you how you can easily obtain a free covering letter for your visa application in a hassle-free manner.
WHY DO YOU NEED A COVER LETTER?
We get this question a lot! Before we get down to discussing how to get a free covering letter, it is essential to know why you need one in the first place. Well, it is a mandatory requirement from many embassies that the applicant submits a professional letter to communicate the purpose of travel, explain what you intend to do in the host country, and in general, justify the need to apply for a visa. Moreover, this is also another way for the embassy to ensure that you are a genuine traveller who is either visiting for tourism purpose or a temporary business purpose. The covering letter acts as an assurance and validation of the claims you make on your visa application form. Think of it as a way to establish a connect with the embassy that get this one chance to form an opinion of you. And it’s important to ensure that they form a good first impression based on the documents provided by you so there are minimal chances of visa rejection.
Don’t worry if this all feels a little too overwhelming. Read on to find out how we can help you get the perfect free covering letter to go with your application! This covering letter, once submitted, is then matched by the embassy with the details of the flight reservation for visa as well as the hotel reservation for visa provided by you as part of the visa application process.
Do read our articles about flight reservation for visa and hotel reservation for visa application if you’d like to know more about them.
WHAT SHOULD YOU INCLUDE IN THE COVERING LETTER?
A covering letter is required for both tourist as well as business visas. The purpose of visit for both of these visas is different and that needs to come through in the covering letter you are planning to submit. When drafting the letter, there are a few components that must be covered so your covering letter does not have inadequate information.
The purpose of your travel to the destination country. Explain in detail what your travel plans are – personal, medical, educational or business. Proof of how you will fund your trip (own funds or sponsor). This can be typically done by attaching your bank statements if self-funded. If you have a sponsor, explain your personal relationship with your sponsor and the reason why they will be sponsoring your trip. For example, if your parents live in the destination country, you can mention that as part of the covering letter. An overview of your itinerary, which also explains why you chose to apply at the specific embassy. This section should contain your travel dates, duration and plans. If you have plans of travelling to multiple countries, do mention that as well. If at all there are any documents you cannot submit, specify the reasons why you cannot submit and explain alternative documents that you may have submitted Your intent to return to your home country. This is one of the most important deciding factors for your visa approval or rejection. A concise list of all supporting documents you have submitted
SAMPLE COVERING LETTER
What you see below is a typical covering letter for visa application. It’s really not as complicated as it seems! As discussed above, the sample letter contains all important details of travel plan of the applicant clearly mentioned. There is no ambiguity, which makes the applicant sound genuine and ultimately leads to higher chances of visa approval.
HOW TO GET A FREE COVERING LETTER FOR VISA APPLICATION?
If you have been wondering and stressing about how to get a free covering letter that will help you get the visa, RELAX! That’s exactly what we are here for. At Visa Reservation Services , we have years of experience in helping our customers go through the visa application process easily and without any glitches. We are here to take all the trouble for you so you can peacefully plan your family holiday or that important business trip. We have different kinds of packages for all kinds of travellers, to help make the visa application process a breeze. The packages typically include a flight reservation for visa , a hotel reservation for visa as well as a travel insurance for visa application , along with the free covering letter. Doesn’t this make life much simpler? You just pick one package that fits your needs and we get all documents sorted for you at a nominal fee! Do get in touch with our team to find out more details of how we can help you and how you can go about choosing a package on our website.
Pls send us an email to [email protected] and we will try to help you get a relevant one. Thanks
Hi I`ve read your coverletter but I need one to copy for a investor from my neighbouring country to come over to my country and come for consultation purposes and to see that business is fully functional and operative so he needs to stay a few months,and the business is kind of a manufacturing business,and the countries involved are South Africa and Namibia down in the south point of Africa
Comments are closed.
24 Hours Delivery
- Schengen Visa Interview Guide
6 Hours Delivery
- Customer Reviews
- Worldwide Visa
- Terms & Conditions
- Privacy & Policy
- Scholarship Program
- Become Our Affiliate Partners
- Join Community
1135 Kildaire Farm Road, Second Floor, Suite #200, Cary, North Carolina - 27511 United States of America
© 2023 Visa Reservation, LLC (A USA Travel Company)
How To Write A Cover Letter For Visa Application.
What is Cover Letter?
Cover letter for visa application, is usually a single page letter which is mostly written to submit for job application or visa application. It is mostly demanded by embassies along with visa applications as well as by companies for job applications. We will talk about Cover Letter for visa application as it is mostly asked by viewers of our YouTube Channel and readers of this blog. In most cases, embassies of Schengen countries ask for Cover letter and it is actually good for Visa applicants because Schengen embassies usually receive visa applications through VFS Global and applicants have no chances given to talk to visa officer. So, cover letter helps you to talk to visa officer and encourage him to study your visa case. Therefore, a well-written cover letter is very helpful to make visa officer satisfied with your purpose of visa and documents.
It is normally seen that Schengen Embassies are used to demand cover letter for visa application, so we will tell you the how to write a cover letter for Schengen visa application . you can change the name of country and other things according to your profile but it will give you an apt idea about the cover letter format and how to make a cover letter with some cover letter samples.
Cover letter to get Job Abroad, Click here .
How to Write a Cover Letter for Visa Application?
A cover letter for Schengen visa application the following important pieces of information:
- You should describe the clear purpose of your travel to the destination Schengen country.
- You should explain that how will you manage your travel expenses, you have write the proof of your sufficient funds. (you will use your own funds or someone else).
- Describe your source of income whatever it is. Job or Business etc.
- You must describe if you have any sponsor from destination country. And explain your relationship with sponsor and the reason sponsorship.
- You have to give an overview of your flight itinerary, you should mention your flight schedule and also the schedule of your main planned activities in destination country.
- Explain why you choose this specific country.
- If you are not submitting some documents, you should explain why are you not submitting that document and explain if you are providing any alternative document.
- Explain what documents you are going to submit with your visa application.
- Your intentions to return to your home country, you should make the visa officer believe that you will be back to your home country within time. For this purpose, you can describe strong ties with your home country.
It is important to write a cover letter for visa application whether it is required or not. It should be written in the way of communication with visa officer of embassy. Now-a-days, mostly you don’t have chance to talk to visa officer so a well-written cover letter could be an effected way to convey your intentions. I am going to write a cover letter example below; you will be knowing the format of a cover letter.
Cover Letter Example for Schengen Visa Application:
I am going to write an example of Schengen visa or any other country visa application cover letter which is normally required to submit along with Schengen visa application.
March 03, 2019
EMBASSY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY Islamabad , Pakistan
Subject: Ali Hassan (write your full name), Pakistani Passport No: (write your passport number), Schengen Visa for Visit Friend/Family.
I would like to apply for a Schengen visa upon my intention to visit Germany from May 2 to May 28, 2019.
The main purpose of my travel is to visit my German friends (friends name + his German id card number and address). However, I look very forward to also visit the magnificent sights throughout Germany, as well as experience the famous German food and learn the German culture and way of life. During my stay, me and my friends wish to spend a holiday in the Netherlands and France to celebrate my upcoming graduation.
I am employed at (employer name) in (employer address) since April 2015, currently holding the position of Assistant Manager. My employer has already approved my vacation from work for the duration of this trip.
Please, find the following documents to support my visa application:
- Dully filled, signed and dated visa application form with attached passport size photos.
- My Valid Passport.
- Invitation letter from my Germany friend.
- Travel Health Medical Insurance with coverage of 30000 euro. Read About Cheap Travel Medical Insurance
- Round Trip Flight Ticket Reservation for my flight via Turkish Airlines from Islamabad to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Islamabad. (May 2-May 28, 2019].
- Hotel Reservation as a proof accommodation.
- Letter from my employer and leave certificates showing approved leaves as well as the date I am expected to back to work.
- Pay slips, ITR, and Bank Account Statement as proof of my income.
- May 2, 2017 – Flight from Islamabad to Frankfurt via Turkish airlines (flight number)
- May 7, 2017 – Sightseeing in Germany
- May 10, 2017 – Travel from Frankfurt to Amsterdam Schiphol; Arrive in Amsterdam and stay at five start Hotel
- May 11, 2017 – Sightseeing in the Netherlands
- May 14, 2017 – Travel from Amsterdam Schiphol to Paris Gard du Nord and stay at Ibiscs Hotel – Sacré Coeur
- May 15, 2017 – Saccré Coeur, Opera, Tour Eiffel, Mussee du Lourrve
- May 17, 2017 – Chateau de Versailles
- May 20, 2017 – Travel from Paris Gard du Nord to Frankfurt via Air France
- May 28, 2017 – Flight back to Islamabad from Frankfurt via Turkish Airlines.
I hope You will find everything is in order. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time for any clarification or questions.
Thanking you in advance for a favorable reply to my application.
(Your Complete Name) (Your Address), Pakistan
Important Points to Know for Cover letter format:
This was a cover letter sample, you need to make some changes according to your profile, documents, tour plan and source of income etc. here, I am going to share some example of changes which you need to make to write cover letter for your visa application.
- Write the cover letter according to your purpose of visit for example I wrote above letter to visit friend and family. If you want to apply tourist visa or business visa, you should write it instead for visit friend or family.
- If you do not want to visit other Schengen states, you do not need to write in cover letter.
- If you want to visit Germany only, please mention your main activities.
- If you want to stay with your friend or family in Germany, then you do not need hotel reservation. However, you should provide the proof of your accommodation throughout the trip duration.
- Write your own source of income.
You can download cover letter sample pdf by clicking here .
I will be back with more cover letter templates for other purposes of visa as well as for job application. if you have any question or confusion you can ask in comments below. Thank you
How to get Free hotel reservation for visa as a Proof of Accommodation in 2023.
Italy decreto flussi 2023 – Decreto Flussi 2023 Opening Date has been announced.
EPS Korea 2023: OEC Registration 2023 for South Korea Work Visa Opened in Pakistan.
Hi how can we satisfied visa officer that we will back to our country after our tour.
[…] HOW TO WRITE VISA COVER LETTER […]
Hello sir, I am applying for uk visit visa for the purpose of attending an interview in high commission of Canada London UK. can you please help me out to give an idea about a visa cover letter. Thanks
[…] Sierra Leone has been recently added in the list of visa on arrival countries for Pakistani passport holders. [You should Read: Cover Letter for Visa Application] […]
[…] Cover Letter for Visa Application https://www.atlys.com/post/schengen-visa-application-letters How To Write A Cover Letter For Visa Application. […]
Im bangladesh.I need a visa for canada.Im farmer.I know agriculture and farmer work well.plaese help me.
Comments are closed.
Flight Reservation For Visa
Travel Visa Services for worldwide countries
Personal Covering Letter For Schengen Visa
Last updated: September 30, 2022 - Written By: Schengen Travel - Filed Under: Schengen Visa , Visa Documentation -
What is a P ersonal Covering Letter for Schengen Visa ?
A personal covering letter for Schengen Visa is a mandatory document you need to attach to your visa application every time you apply for a Schengen visa. Having to write a personal covering letter for your Schengen Visa Application may feel like a daunting task, and many find it hard to begin writing it because they are unsure of what they need to include and how to write it.
At Schengen Visa Flight Reservation we offer authentic and cancellable flight itinerary and hotel reservations for your visa application, in addition to collecting information about the various visa processes and requirements, so that the entire visa application process will be as smooth as possible for our readers and clients.
In this article we will tell you exactly how you can write the best possible personal covering letter for Schengen Visa application .
The personal covering letter for your Schengen Visa Application is a way to explain your purpose for visiting Europe and the Schengen areas to your visa officer, and assure the governing officials that you will only good, touristy things. It also gives a quick break-down of your intended itinerary so that the embassy can see that you have a plan you intend to stick to.
If you DON’T want to make set plans, remember that you can make all of your flight and hotel bookings through Schengen Visa Flight Reservation that are authentic, but also fully cancellable (we will cancel your bookings unless you tell us to proceed with the booking) so that you can make a temporary itinerary that you are free to change later , after you have obtained your visa. You also can read why our itineraries are best as well as verifiable on airlines websites.
What to Include in Your Covering Letter for Schengen Visa :
Q: First things first; is the covering letter for the Schengen Visa Application necessary?
There is no getting around it, and your visa application will be rejected if you don’t add it.
So, with that little detail sorted out, the next step is to uncover what the covering letter needs to… cover ?
To make sure your covering letter is as kick ass as possible, it must contain two important things:
- The purpose of your stay/trip to Europe
- Your planned itinerary, in details
There are different ways to write your covering letter for Schengen Visa . In general we recommend KISS (Keep It Short and Simple). The visa officer is in no way interested in hearing the detailed story about how you met your current German boyfriend that you now want to visit, or the family history of your Dutch roots from 200 years back, that you now want to learn more about. Writing that you are going to visit your boyfriend or girlfriend, or to learn more about said country’s culture, is more than sufficient!
Different Ways to Write Your Covering Letter for Schengen Visa :
Luckily the internet is flooded with covering letter samples, that all have mostly the same layout.
The first paragraph and intro outlines your purpose of the visit, whereas the next part is a bullet point list explaining your detailed itinerary. Below are some samples of covering letters for Schengen visa:
As you can see, the covering letters are straight and to the point, with no unnecessary information. They also include a list of all the attachments you are adding to your visa application, so make sure you do not miss anything here (see our articles on Schengen Visa Requirements for a complete checklist).
Let us know how you go in writing your covering letter for Schengen Visa!
Cover Letter Sample for a Tourist Visa Application · Visa application form, duly dated and signed with attached passport-size pictures · Passport
Simply put, the visa cover letter is a letter that includes important details regarding your trip to a desired country. Think of it as a
I am employed at the [name of company/organization] where I have the position of [job position]. I have worked here for X years, and I have an
What should be in a cover letter? · A short introduction about yourself. · Your travel dates and the purpose of your trip · If traveling with a group: your
Sample Cover Letter for Tourist Visa Application · The name of the person who is going to sponsor your trip · The job or source of income of the person who is
The cover letter for a Schengen Visa application is an important document to provide before your trip that introduces yourself and your purpose of travel.
The covering letter acts as an assurance and validation of the claims you make on your visa application form. Think of it as a way to establish
Cover letter for visa application, is usually a single page letter which is mostly written to submit for job application or visa application. It is mostly
I humbly request you to consider my application and grant me a Visitor's Visa. Should there be any questions regarding this matter, please contact me at [insert
A personal covering letter for Schengen Visa is a mandatory document you need to attach to your visa application every time you apply for a